* September Stars 2014 * 41 babies born!

Blood results are in... its a :pink:

https://jokerette.com/littleSISTER.jpg

Hi Ladies, I thought this might be a good forum for me to join as Im due September 12. All is going well so far apart from being tired and having sore growing boobs looking forward to a bump appearing, is anyone feeling like their bump is out yet? Im quite petite so Im wondering if that changes expectations. I also saw that couples are already finding out their babies sex, in Australia we cant find out until 20 week scan. Is this done by blood test in other countries? Im interested to know.

Gender blood tests aren't available in Canada either :) But neat :) I am excited for my 20 week scan now lol.

Welcome dreaming1987 :waves:

How exciting Jokerette, so jealous you know already. Really hoping this is a girl so I can have one of each too.

Congratulations Jokerette and welcome dreaming1987!

DH is taking Avia is school this morning leaving me with breakfast in bed and some instructions on getting ready for the day. We are celebrating our anniversary today and I know we are going out for lunch and he has a surprise planned for this afternoon but I have no idea what it is or what it could be!

Have a good day and I'll keep you updated!

That's a bonus then WDWJess! :)

Hi Dreaming1987 :waves: In the UK we can pay for a private scan at 16 weeks to find out the sex or wait until our standard 20 week one. I'd love a blood test this early though as I'm so impatient lol I'm only 5"2 but with my first pregnancyni didn't get a bump until 22 weeks. This time I'm showing already! So it's different for everyone. I've added you to the list on the first page x

Congrats again Jokerette! Lovely name choice aswell :) x

Hi Ladies,
Thought ms had passed but the last few days, most foods are turning on & I'm feeling sick throughout the day
day. Ready salted crisps are helping.
Not sure if it's ms or the fact I also have a sinus infection which are giving me headaches. What do you ladies think?
Working from home today, so think I'll have a half an hour nap now see if that helps.
How's everyone else doing today xxx

Just back from scan. All is well and there is just 1 so my psychic auntie was wrong about it being twins lol. They dated me at 10+2 so due on 8th Sept, I had worked it out as 7th sept so I was only a day out. Don't think I'll bother changing my ticker just for a days difference!

Hope everyone else is ok today x

jokerette- congrats on having a little girl! they are fun :)
I do wanna say though that I hav researched the blood gender tests and alot of people have had false 'girl' results because the boy hormones aren't showing in their blood yet at high enough levels because they are still so early on in pregnancy. don't want to be negative I would just personally be hesitant to announce its a girl until you see it on a scan . but I hope it's right for you because having one of each is def a blessing !
as for me .. I was having a good day as far as ms goes yesterday. I felt great. but then 11pm hit and I felt a nausea wave hit me and I ran to the bathroom and got sick which counts for twice now. still not feeling too hot today and can't eat much . I'm actually losing weight. I did that with dd as well. I just can't wait for first tri to be over !
as for dh .. he has learned how to grind my gears today . haha . I am hormonal and he pressed the hormone button this morning . I know he is just trying to help but when I tell him how sick I am he always insists that I ask for advice from other moms or ask the doctor. he must forget that this isn't my first rodeo and I know my body. he doesn't understand that this isn't the flu and each of us pregnant women have different feelings and symptoms.he always mentions calling the doctor to see if certain things are normal and he usually gives me a speech that I shouldn't be my own doctor and I have him the speech that I have been pregnant before and if I call the doctor he is going to tell me he had heard my symptoms a million times before and it will pass. & he tells me i don't know what the doctor would say I should just give it a try. so irritating! he asks me to ask for advice on what to eat that I can keep down. I tell him some women only want cakes and twinkies while others want cheeses and steaks. then u have the ones that don't even want water . so he tells me I'm stubborn . well so be it! haha I kindly reminded him he is a man and doesn't understand and it is in his best interest to keep quiet and trust my instincts as to what I do and do not want to eat or do. he agreed and walked away . haha.
just thought I'd share that with you guys.
it is my second child and his first so I am trying to be patient with him as he is a first time dad and lets be honest .. he's a man and sometimes we just need to forgive them for not knowing as much as us ;)
hahaha. my humor for the day before I go take a nap to sleep this nausea off :/

Delighted to announce we are expecting TWINS on September 12, 2014.

DH surprised me with a private scan this afternoon and we were both VERY surprised when two healthy heart beats appeared on screen.

Will update more later but all is well with the babies! X

DH surprised me with a private scan this afternoon and we were both VERY surprised when two healthy heart beats appeared on screen.

That's fantastic news and what a lovely surprise for OH to arrange for you. Sounds like you've had a lovely day x x x
Is it identical or seperate sacs?

Wow congratulations. What an amazing surprise both from your husband and from the babies!!!

This weather is just getting worse by the day. Really hope it doesn't result in the midwife cancelling again.
Living room is full of candles atm incase the power goes off. Hate this weather. xx. Xx

Oh wow congratulations! That's amazing :) xx

jokerette- congrats on having a little girl! they are fun :)
I do wanna say though that I hav researched the blood gender tests and alot of people have had false 'girl' results because the boy hormones aren't showing in their blood yet at high enough levels because they are still so early on in pregnancy. don't want to be negative I would just personally be hesitant to announce its a girl until you see it on a scan . but I hope it's right for you because having one of each is def a blessing !

Culd be... But, from the research I have done the fetal DNA starts being transferred around 5-6 weeks gestational age. Since I was 7 weeks gestation they should hopefully have been able to find some. I believe they also not only look just for the presence of the X or Y chromosome, but also for a certain percentage of the blood to be "fetal" blood rather than maternal blood, if that makes sense. So hopefully they were able to isolate the actual fetal DNA, and distinguish it from mine. I know they do some testing now isolating fetal DNA and looking for genetic abnormalities as well.

We did announce it. everyone was really excited. :) The worst that can happen is we say "oops, blood test was wrong! LOL" We will love a little boy too, But I'm thinking its little Bailey in there.

LEAH!!! NOWAY! This is going to sound really weird but I kept thinking you were going to have twins! ... and I dont even know you, LOL!

Well I went for my emergency scan today & everything is FINE :) they can't explain the bleeding but the baby is fine - saw him/her wriggling around waving a hand & got a somewhat blurry pic. Got dating scan on Friday so not long to wait to see baby again.

Congrats on twins Leah how amazing! :baby::baby:
xo.
https://s4.postimg.org/x6qympg0d/20140212_113722_1.jpg

Pearlsandbows - so glad everything is OK. Must be fab seeing baby moving around x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->