* September Stars 2014 * 41 babies born!

We let my parents know this morning. It's my Dad's birthday today, and he said it's the best birthday present he's ever received. We had a good laugh that neither of my sisters will be able to top it, as both of their OH's have had the snip!
We're planning on telling the in-laws tonight at supper time. They're going to Cuba for 2 weeks, and if we didn't tell now we would have to wait.
OH told our son this week, and it's been impossible to keep him from telling everyone, so we know we'll never last another two weeks without everyone else finding out!

We let my parents know this morning. It's my Dad's birthday today, and he said it's the best birthday present he's ever received. We had a good laugh that neither of my sisters will be able to top it, as both of their OH's have had the snip!
We're planning on telling the in-laws tonight at supper time. They're going to Cuba for 2 weeks, and if we didn't tell now we would have to wait.
OH told our son this week, and it's been impossible to keep him from telling everyone, so we know we'll never last another two weeks without everyone else finding out!

My father-in-law's birthday is today too! We told them last night.

Have finally hit the 12 week mark. Scan in 3 sleeps! Have stopped all my progesterone support I was on twice a day and my 6mg of oestradiol/progynova daily as per my OBGYN and FS instructions. They have reassured me that at 12 weeks the placenta will have already taken over and it will all be ok, but I am still deep down, petrified something is going to go wrong. Just want to know my bubble is ok.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Feeling very lethargic today so hoping I perk up a bit soon. Spending today with my parents before going out for dinner tonight.

Avia appears to be a bit run down so I'm hoping she's not caught something!

Have a great day everyone x

Have finally hit the 12 week mark. Scan in 3 sleeps! Have stopped all my progesterone support I was on twice a day and my 6mg of oestradiol/progynova daily as per my OBGYN and FS instructions. They have reassured me that at 12 weeks the placenta will have already taken over and it will all be ok, but I am still deep down, petrified something is going to go wrong. Just want to know my bubble is ok.

Totally understand your feeling Julie. I posted a similar thing this morning but can see it didn't post.
I had a scan on Friday and confirmed I'm 12wks and due date same as you :-D
They told me I can stop my cloygest if I want, but I think they should say stop or carry on
Really nervous about stopping but want to stop because they are now causing irritation underneath.

How's everyone else doing. I'm still having headaches and tired too.
Hope everyone has a good Sunday.xx

Hi ladies - can I join? I got my bfp on 28th Dec and praying it will be 3rd time lucky!!

I'm due 7th Sept and had my 12 week scan on Thursday ( feeling like a fraud as I wasn't yet 12 weeks lol!) which showed that everything seems to be on track. The heart beat was 171 which seems quite high considering bubs was asleep! I thought the heart beat was supposed to slow down by this stage? If you have had your 12 week scan already - did you find out what the heartbeat was?

I'm such a worrier! I had a scan at 9w2d and was worried that for 9 weeks it was a little slow (169). Poor bubs can't win with me!

Right - I'm off to read back through a few pages to catch up!

Congrats to everyone making it this far!!!

Do you wean off the progesterone slowly or just stop? I'm sure that can be scary but hopefully it will all go perfectly :hugs:

Welcome hilsco!!!

Yay to everyone who has had their scans and have announced :) It's all feeling so much more real now isn't it!

Congratulations Hilslo.. I've just added you to the list. I've had my scan but she didn't tell me the heart rate. I think 171 is still in the normal range at 11/12 weeks though. I got my bfp on 28/12 too :) xx

If you're unsure, I would wean yourself off, or give yourself another week of it, just to be sure that the placenta has fully taken over. I'm taking it until 16 weeks anyway, so I think by that point I will be ok just coming straight off of it. But I know plenty of people who have chosen to wean themselves off it, just for peace of mind :)

Whatever you choose to do will be ok!

Happy 13 weeks, bananabump! :happydance: Yay for second tri!

Ooh thanks Bananabump!

Jokerette - my consultant said you can just stop - no need to wean yourself off it. After the placenta takes over the mothers progesterone isn't needed any more.

I've been on progesterone suppositories since ovulation and other than the horrible waxy discharge I've had zero pregnancy symptoms. Then suddenly at 10.5 weeks I started getting bad nausea. I didn't take the progesterone on Friday night and felt fine again yesterday. Took it again last night and I'm back to feeling sick today. My theory ( this bit is not from my consultant just my uneducated opinion!) is that my body was using up the progesterone and hence I wasn't feeling sick. I think the placenta may have started to take over at 10.5 weeks and hence suddenly had excess progesterone which made me feel ill. I've no idea if this is true but it makes sense to my simple brain and gives me confidence to stop taking the progesterone from tonight. Looking forward to it!

Hilslo - think you have a point, I've been feeling even more sick over the last week or so.
Spoken to my oh's Aunty who is a midwife and she has advised me to decrease to one a day until I see the consultant on Friday and to make sure I was off them totally by 14 weeks. So feel better after speaking to her about it.

Can't wait to tell my staff team tomorrow my news.
Enjoy what's left of the wkend ladies x x x

Ladies sorry to burst into your convo again. :) But Ive got 2 questions; I had my 12 week scan earlier this week, I thought I was 11 weeks and 5 days, but they said I was 12 weeks and 1 day. Now my question is, am I really the second one? Or did the baby just measured that second one? And I'm still the first one? I know I should have asked, but I forgot.:blush:

Secondly, can you ladies recommend some food that fill your stomach quite well? I'm sooo hungry all the time and I really don't want to reply on quick snacks cause I gain weight quite fast. Its so annoying I eat a meal and a hour later it feels like I haven't eaten all day . -_- Getting kinda desperate here.:huh:

Ladies sorry to burst into your convo again. :) But Ive got 2 questions; I had my 12 week scan earlier this week, I thought I was 11 weeks and 5 days, but they said I was 12 weeks and 1 day. Now my question is, am I really the second one? Or did the baby just measured that second one? And I'm still the first one? I know I should have asked, but I forgot.:blush:

Secondly, can you ladies recommend some food that fill your stomach quite well? I'm sooo hungry all the time and I really don't want to reply on quick snacks cause I gain weight quite fast. Its so annoying I eat a meal and a hour later it feels like I haven't eaten all day . -_- Getting kinda desperate here.:huh:

It depends on where you live and your hospitals policy really. I had an early scan and going by my lmp I should have been 10 weeks but they said I was 7+5 and then at my 12 week scan when I would have been 13 weeks by lmp or 11 weeks by the early scan, they said I was 12+2 lol And they've used that for my edd. But I know some ladies who have measured 10 days bigger/smaller and they've still kept their edd as the same from their lmp. Sorry for the essay lol

Not much help about the food situation because I still haven't got an appetite at all really! Xx

One thing I do know; is that they used that 12 weeks and 2 days for my EDD. Lol so confusing.

If you're unsure, I would wean yourself off, or give yourself another week of it, just to be sure that the placenta has fully taken over. I'm taking it until 16 weeks anyway, so I think by that point I will be ok just coming straight off of it. But I know plenty of people who have chosen to wean themselves off it, just for peace of mind :)

Whatever you choose to do will be ok!

I have no progesterone left. Would have to go back to my IVF clinic and pay the couple hundred to get more. I asked about weaning off at my last appt and OBGYN said, just stop at 12 weeks, its not needed.

Just caught up, congrats on all the scans and announcements :)

Think I mentioned that I've been given an edd of 22nd of August now but seeing as they couldn't get good measurements I'm sticking with my original until the 20 week scan in April. Is it alright if I stick around this group either way?

Still got MS bad here, I feel like it's probably going to hang around until about the 20 week mark again. Aversions are much worse this time, especially meat. I'm almost a vegetarian now but actually quite like fish (odd because I don't usually), my favourite meal was steak but even typing that is making me feel sick :sick:

Lots of lovely names, quite a few that are on my list :) I love Violet for a girl but my mum and mil have both said they hate it, don't care though it's staying on the list! Surprisingly my mum quite liked some of the more unusual boys names I've got like Malachi.

I didn't post my 12 week scans before so here they are a little bit late, they gave us one free because the scan wasn't great:

https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u250/loopykat/B2_Dating_Scan_01_zps894f46be.jpg

https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u250/loopykat/B2_Dating_Scan_02_zpsd22877cf.jpg

question for you ladies: Are you going to/did you do the first trimester screenings? Why did you make that particular choice?

Just caught up, congrats on all the scans and announcements :)

Think I mentioned that I've been given an edd of 22nd of August now but seeing as they couldn't get good measurements I'm sticking with my original until the 20 week scan in April. Is it alright if I stick around this group either way?

Still got MS bad here, I feel like it's probably going to hang around until about the 20 week mark again. Aversions are much worse this time, especially meat. I'm almost a vegetarian now but actually quite like fish (odd because I don't usually), my favourite meal was steak but even typing that is making me feel sick :sick:

Lots of lovely names, quite a few that are on my list :) I love Violet for a girl but my mum and mil have both said they hate it, don't care though it's staying on the list! Surprisingly my mum quite liked some of the more unusual boys names I've got like Malachi.

I didn't post my 12 week scans before so here they are a little bit late, they gave us one free because the scan wasn't great:

https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u250/loopykat/B2_Dating_Scan_01_zps894f46be.jpg

https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u250/loopykat/B2_Dating_Scan_02_zpsd22877cf.jpg

Course you can still stick around either way! You never know it could still end up as a September baby anyway :) I'm saying girl by the way based on your scan pics! Xx

question for you ladies: Are you going to/did you do the first trimester screenings? Why did you make that particular choice?

We did it both times because I'd rather be prepared than have the shock at birth. My son was born with a hand difference which wasn't picked up on any of our 5 scans so it was a massive shock when he was born and I feel it almost ruined the newborn experience for me because I was so busy worrying, researching and having hospital appointments which I never imagined I'd be having x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->