* September Stars 2014 * 41 babies born!

feel better laurabe!

I am waiting for DH to get home with dinner! He can't seem to understand that I can't eat dinner as late as he would like to get home...At least we got some yummy fruit that I can snack on! DH's mom texted me, they want to come out for memorial day weekend...really didn't have a reason to tell them no...so, they are coming out in May and again in October....sigh...they are nice, good people, but sometimes they drive me a little crazy! Oh, well! They are willing to move furniture and put stuff together while they are here so I can't complain!

How' everyone doing today?

I've been feeling more human the last two days, just hope it's last.

On a mission to get work and home sorted by Friday so I can enjoy my time off for the week xxx

Awful. I have been soo sick with this boy so far. It's worse than my girl! And I was throwing up with her until my due date. This time I'm sick with colds and flu's on top of your every day morning sickness still.

How are you ?

Ugh that's the worst

I'm feeling better but back to work after 10 days holiday

Does anyone else feel like this - even when I don't feel sick or anything I just don't feel normal or 100% well! Can't put my finger on it but think it's my stomach! Whether I've eaten or not just feels strange.

But don't get me wrong it's a million times better than the sickness.

Going to meet my friend's 3 week old little boy tonight I can't wait! !!
xo.

I gag a lot on smells but have only been sick for a week this pregnancy. Apart from fatigue I actually dont feel pregnant anymore, however the 12 week scan I had yesterday showed a strong heartbeat and I was told the NT measurement was good so hopefully the bloods will come back good too and I will be a very low risk for downs syndrome again.

However I have been told they found group b strep in October 2012 (nice of them not to tell me then :shrug:) and therefore they will have to test me at 36 weeks and if I am infected at the time they want me to be in hospital with iv anti-biotics, far from my planned homebirth. I may refuse the anti-biotics as 99% of babies are unaffected however as I don't have to worry about it until 36 weeks I am going to try not to worry and for the time being they are continuing my plan of a planned home water birth.

I had a BIG cry about it last night and actually started to resent my pregnancy though this has now passed. My worst fear is being made to lie on my back to give birth, I fear this more than labour and therefore will do anything to not be put in this position. I am also worried that I would not make it to a hospital as I was only at the hospital for 2 hours in my last pregnancy and number 2 is supposed to come quicker.

But I am feeling more optimistic today, I have spoken to my own midwife and she has told me not to worry as I may not even have it at 36 weeks.

Hope your all ok :) oh and there is definitely 1!

Hi kittylady I just wanted to share my friends recent experience of GBS. She had a home birth with her first DS, no idea about GBS but then discovered she had it when pg with 2nd DS and was advised not to have home birth coz of needing antibiotics etc. she was heartbroken of course. She still had it at 36 wks and at first sign of labour she went into hospital as was advised and was already 9cm! She was able to have a lovely but quick water birth so no lying on her back. Baby was fine they just had to stay in for 48hrs so he could have antibiotics just in case the infection had passed into him during delivery. All in all a very positive birth story even though it wasn't what my friend had originally hoped for.

Plan for your home birth but if you do need to go into hospital hopefully it will turn out just as positive for you xxx

Does anyone else feel like this - even when I don't feel sick or anything I just don't feel normal or 100% well! Can't put my finger on it but think it's my stomach! Whether I've eaten or not just feels strange.

But don't get me wrong it's a million times better than the sickness.

Going to meet my friend's 3 week old little boy tonight I can't wait! !!
xo.

Yes! I think it's more about the fatigue for me...but I just never really feel 100%. I haven't really had very much MS, just sore boobs and LOTS of fatigue! What's worse, is that if I do take a nap, I end up waking up from the nap feeling worse than before I took the nap and can't shake that feeling for hours!

After getting a ridiculous bill for what is considered ROUTINE bloodwork, I found out that one of the tests run has to be preauthorized in order for insurance to cover it. Luckily they will do a retroactive authorization! So, I call my doctor's office to ask for the letter of medical necessity and they told me that EVERYTHING came back negative! I figured that would be the result as they hadn't called me and said they would call only if there was an issue. But, that means that I am not a carrier for Tay-sachs which is a huge one! They also checked my A1C because of my weight (they usually don't check for gestational diabetes until second trimester I think), so I think that came back at a good level too! I know it can change, but so far, so good!

I'm finally feeling a little better! I haven't been sick since monday and even that wasn't too bad, I was fine one minute and then had to run to the kitchen sink or I'd have a pretty nasty mess to clean up :sick: I hope other ladies are finding some relief now too!

Any other ladies here still nursing their toddlers - are you finding it easier or worse? It got so bad for me that I was crying with each session, usually I'm a bit of a tough nut when it comes to that but it felt like somebody was trying to slice my nip off every time the milk came through. She was only getting maybe 20-30 seconds of milk too so I made the hard choice to wean her :( I hate it but she's taken it really well, she's been upset once or twice but no real horrible tantrums.

Oh and my uterus finally popped forwards. I thought it was a gradual process but it was quite literally not there one minute and there the next after some awful pain. It still hurts to pee with all this new pressure on my bladder. I remember it from last time, I really thought I had a UTI but it was just my uterus on the move.

Did not realize it popping forward would be painful good to know as uterus popping up is one thing I am really looking forward.

Lying on back for birth also has always terrified me. From an early age it just did not seem right that something coming out should not have gravity helping. Hospital that is local and delivers is very on the bed, csection rate is also nearly 50%.

I am due on the 5th!! I can't wait! and how do u attach the star to your signature???

Ugh 15 weeks and I want a showable bump like all the slim/flat stomach women have!:dohh: Sry for my rant:p

I've got a noticeable bump but it's seriously starting to thwart my plans to keep this pregnancy private for as long as possible. Not sure my bump should be this big just yet!

Hi ladies,
Got a bump coming but I'm over weight too, so not as noticeable.

Still having headaches atm, which are really getting me down, not sure if its pregnancy symptoms, sinuses or stress from work. What ever it is wished they would go.

How's everyone today?

I've just started my annual leave so hope to relax a bit, also have my 16wks check up with midwife on Tuesday x x x x

I feel like a whale! I'll try and take a*bump pic today. I'm overweight aswell so I'm still at the pregnant or fat belly stage which is awkward lol x

I've got a bump forming but you have to push the fat out the way to see it :haha:

Been feeling a lot more pulling and stretching around my uterus the last few days so completely expecting it to pop out at any moment!

I'm very slim naturally, but I still don't feel like my bump is massively noticeable still! I can't wait for it to pop properly!

Baybeemama, I don't remember how I added it, sorry! I think somewhere in this thread there is the html, so maybe have a look back through and copy it across that way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->