****September Stars!!****

Hellooooooo ladies (waves)
How is everyone? I got back off holiday a few hours ago & i'm just sorting out all the amazing baby stuff my parents bought us :cloud9:. I'm not even going to attempt to catch up on over 50 pages of chat......have i missed anything amazing? I bet loads of you have had scans eh! I had mine 2 days before my holiday (can't remember if i posted :dohh:) but all went brilliantly well, baby is fine but i'll be having another scan at 28 weeks as my placenta is low & they also want to re-check bubba's heart is all ok.
Whilst we were on holiday Andy felt Tufty kick which was sooooo special! & he seems to be kicking non stop ever since heehee :happydance:
My parents bought our travel system (with tons of extras) which i am deeply in love with! I feel like a little girl again & want to find a dolly to put in it & stroll up & down the garden path haha. They also bought us what seems like the worlds largest moses basket & stand (complete with winnie the pooh bedding & canopy for that 'visitor cute factor' lol) plus cot bedding, clothes, towels etc etc etc. I need to stop shopping now, that or move to a bigger house lol.
Well, i'm just going to sort a space for everything now :wacko: Hope everyone is ok out there & growing nicely xxx

Welcome back! Hope you had a nice relaxing time!

I wouldn't try to catch up, too much chatting! I think we've all updated our sigs with pinks/blues etc!

Thanks hun, we had a lovely relaxing time - in the middle of the highlands with no internet, no mobile phone signal, deer, lambs, calves, ducks, seals and all sorts of wildlife just roaming around freely........it was bliss!!!
i'm still a yellow & deternimed to stay that way :thumbup:

Its only 1 week 3 days untill we go see metallica!! Im so excited!! and only 2 weeks untill the NW200!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back limpetsmum! Glad you had a nice time.

I've been nesting too.. just done the ironing. It was the first time in about a year! lol. It's like going shopping although I can't fit in to a lot of it at the moment. x

Ooooh littleA how exciting! Hope your OH will protect your bump from all the moshers lol

Welcome home Limpetsmum !
Congratulations on everyones scan results / Movement

Unfortunatly I haven't managed to be on here the past week properly as have been continously feeling sick and dizzy, Had to take 2 days off work and managed to cry at the tills at Tesco because I felt so bad.... got checked out by the MW... she told me possible water infection and to start eating little and often ohh and drink lemonade and eat ready salted crisps... surprisingly I feel more normal again... Still waiting for my first movements.... 7 days till my scan and counting

Went to friends baby shower today, shes due in 2 weeks. It was a lovely day to celebrate with her, we even got to play some baby games...

Hope everyones having a good long weekend xxx

Mmmmm ready salted crisps.......not a fan but now you come to mention them!!!
Glad your feeling a little better, has she given you some antibiotics? You should feel back to normal in a day or two :hugs:

The only time i will iron is the teeeny baby clothes when i put them away and then never again :rofl:

Becs, that is a great price for your pram, my 3 in 1 is red, I so nearly got pink when i had my dd, but now red seems to be the classic choice and still wil be fine this time round. Black is another classic colour!

Limpetsmum, welcome back, glad you had such a relaxing and lovely time!

Blob, I will be ironing all the baby stuff, I know from b4 i prepare it and brood over how lovely it is and put it over my bump getting all exited about there actually being a baby in it!
I rarely iron too, I keep meaning to do it, so the pile is not a mountain, but usually it is a mountain b4 i do it!

Jellycat, hope your feeling better soon :hugs:

Time to go, want to look at more house stuff!!

:hugs: xx

lol Blob. I think i will iron them when i first wash them (which i plan to be when i start my maternity leave) then i'll probably never bother again :dohh: although i will probably do the sheets as i have ironed sheet OCD for my own bed!!!
Sitting here sorting Tufty's bits & bobs out & he's kicking away as if to say 'that's mine Mum......that too...and those' :cloud9:

Blergh!
I need another day to this weekend!!
I have so many more things I want to get done around the house and I would like a little more time to relax with my family. I really want a 4-day work week! :)
I am on load number three of laundry and I desperately need to mop the floors, but I'm also quite tired and really just want to sit down for a bit!
I hate it when my nesting frenzy is not accompanied by the necessary energy! :)

Are you not off for the Bank holiday tomorrow hun? I think we should all work weekends and get the weekdays off :thumbup:

Unfortunatly...there isn't any kind of holiday for us tomorrow here in Canada. :-( I was looking at my calendar a few weeks back and it has all the UK holidays on it...UK has a lot of Bank holidays. What is this holiday anyway?
I wish we had bank holiday here in Canada!!!

Me too!
We get the May long weekend off for Victoria Day, but that feels so far away. :(
Okay, keep your fingers crossed for me girls - I am hoping that I just found a killer bargain on the nursery furniture I need for BabyBoy#2. I just found it secondhand on kijiji and it looks like it's in mint condition. It would easily save me half what I would pay new.
I'm just waiting to hear if it's still available...
Oh the thrill of the bargain hunt! :)

We do have lots of bank holidays! They are for all sorts of different things, I think the queen can make bank holidays if something special happens, but most of them are for 'saint' days and celebrations of old!

I have endless amounts of washing, the second load is on, there is a mountain of darks on my kitchen floor and a mountain of light colours both about 3 loads each, but the sun is out so i do stand half a chance of getting some of it done!
Then i went upstairs to find the washing basket full!! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!:wacko:

So i have one tidy clean lovely room, and the rest of the house is a tip and a laundry!
We have our weekly food shop to do today too, oh the joys of housework! :dohh:

Ok so i have a dilema!!!
I would like to get a baby swing, I have never had one, and my last dd loved the motion of her car seat being swung, and she was very hard to settle but that always worked.
Anyway! I have seen one I really, really like and it does lights and sounds and looks amazing although i don't think the seat is adjustable so i feel the use would be til baby starts pulling up which in one of my babies was 4 months! It is my no 1 choice and is £120, the no2 choice is £80 and does not do so much but does have an adjustable seat so i could sit baby up more as they grow, making the useage a bit longer!
Or do I wait, and keep looking for the 'perfect' one!!:shrug:
My only thing is because i have the pram and car seat I have no major expenses, so i could get one nice item, but then i don't want to waste money for nothing! Baby may not even like to swing!!:shrug:
What would everyone do??

Time to go, more washing to sort, dh has just come down stairs seen it all and gone back upstairs! Can't say i blame him!

Have a great day everyone, those on a bank holiday have fun, those not, try not to worry too much all i am doing id housework!!:hugs:xx

Morning ladies!

I've got my scan tomorrow - at last! Woo hoo I can't wait :happydance: I'm mostly feeling excited but a little bit nervous too. I really hope everything is ok. The baby was really lazy at the last scan and kept hiding. I'm going to drink some coke before I go into this one in the hope that the sugar might make the baby co-operate a little more this time.

I went to Mothercare yesterday and bought my crib mattress and one of those sangenic nappy disposal systems as it was half price £9.99 and £9.99 for 3 cartridges. I decided that with my Basset Hounds big nosey nose to contend with it would be better than risking him dragging nappies out of the bin. I had to buy yet another bra as the two I bought a couple of months ago that had plenty of room are now too small. Luckily I found the same one I already have (that I have knickers that match) in the sale for £5 so I bought that.

I keep reading about all the nesting that is going on and can totally relate - I had my DH busy doing things last weekend to make room for our crib but now the idiot has broken his leg he can't do the next lot of things that need finishing. Grrr!. Next job is to put my lovely pine Tall Boy on Gumtree and Netmums and see if I can sell it.

Hope everyone is having a nice bank holiday?

x

p.s welcome back Limpetsmum

Hi every1 not been on 4ages been really busy with Uni wor
it's all done now though.

I'm feelin very good and the sun makes me feel so much
brighter

what's every 1been up 2 have I missed much x x

Hi everyone,

sorry for not posting often. I've had some problems with this website. The page kept going back to the first one which was frustrating but it seems to be okay today.

My OH has felt baby kick for the first time. I was really surprised as I'm only 19 weeks but it was really nice.

We are quite busy with preparing for Maisie's communion and lots of hospital appointments for the other two (they have hypermobility syndrom). Because of this I seem to forget sometimes I'm expecting. Well I would if I wouldn't feel so sick.

Do you have cravings? I LOVE tomatoes, which is really strange for me and I can't eat any fruit.

Good luck for anyone with scans this week.

And congratulations to the lovely scan pictures, tummy pictures and outings.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->