****September Stars!!****

All will be fine Little A

Their movements vary this early on. I dont think its til 3rd tri that MW wants you to start counting kicks xx

I wouldn't worry little A, mine has a very active couple of days followed by a quiet couple of days xx

I was gonna say the same as Amy too. I'm sure it's around about viability time that we need to count. Mine has been busy today, busier than normal, but I have days when she stops for hours.

Have you tried a pint of iced water? Apparently that's a firestarter. x

Let us know when she starts firing kicks at you LittleA xx

Sometimes I have days when Fishy doesn't kick at all. I wouldn't worry. I bet she's going to make up for it tomorrow! x

So I did do a little shopping today, but it was for baby #1, rather than baby #2! :blush:
I went to a maternity boutique that has a good selection of bras and nursing gear and they had a discontinued stock sale of this brand of clothes that I love. They make the coolest boy clothes ever! It's normally very dear, so I might buy one or two pieces as a treat, but everything was half price, so I grabbed a bunch of stuff for Simon (and eventually baby brother), feeling extra smug that I will get two kids' worth out of it.
Here's the company, if anyone's interested. Their girl stuff is gorgeous, too.
https://www.teacollection.com/boys-tshirts/short-sleeve-graphic-tee

By the way, would anyone here ever consider paying almost $300 for a pair of maternity jeans?
I wouldn't even consider that for normal jeans, so I was trying to pick my jaw up off the ground when I saw the price tag on a pair.
Even if I had the money, those are jeans, you know?
:nope: I definitely do not live in the same paradigm as some of the patrons of that particular store. :shrug: To each her own.

Sarah that stuff is very very cute! It's not often you see cool boy stuff like that I don't think. Glad you grabbed yourself a bargain! And yes, I agree with you about the jeans! Maternity jeans are maternity jeans! And so long as they fit and are comfy and do the job, they'll do for me!!

Hope you feel better today LittleA?

Little A - I know I'm a week behind you but I'm still not feeling any kind of regular movement. Some days I feel absolutely nothing. My movements feel more like muscle twinges than any of the other descriptions people have given and I have only felt the baby kick my palm 3 times. My DH has spent long periods of time with his hand on my tummy and has still felt nothing. My MW said this is perfectly normal and that movements don't become regular and noticeable throughout the day until 3rd Tri. Hope you are feeling better today?

Little A,
Don't worry, baby has sleepy days and busy days, I am sure they grow and have quiet times!
Day b4 yesterday baby was more noticible than ever, yesterday hardly anything, today am being kicked right now!:hugs:
Tricks are, a bath, a cold iced drink, or even a small glass of coke. I always find the bath works for making baby wriggle!

Will take a peek at the clothes, I have done so much internet browsing of baby clothes but just can't seem to find anything that I really like!
I have Next jeans from my previous pregnancy, I picked each pair up from the clearance shop for £10 a pair, and they are on their second time round! I bought sizes 8, 10, 12, and 14's and I am still comfortably in the 10's!

Busy day sorting the bedroom today, the problem we have is my dh uses the entire fitted wardrobe (which is only small) for all his clothes that he doesn't even wear, and its packed to the point i can hardly get my stuff in, and what he wears is all hooked on the outside of the doors, so everything in overflowing into the room, so I am taking drastic measures and chucking all his stuff out for him to sort out, which he will never do so i will put in the attic! I just want the space! De clutter seems to be the motto of the weekend!! Going to take pictures when I am done!!

Have a great day all, :happydance:

Let us know little A when wriggler starts up again and stops worrying Mummy, I have no doppler either, dh thinks i would worry myself too much, and I tend to agree with him about that!

Bye for now xxx

Sarah those clothes are so nice! I agree that you should treat yourself to a couple of bits and I also agree about the maternity jeans. $300 is crazy! x

Hi all! What a wet and miserable day!

LittleA, I'm sure everything is fine, she's probably just having a pyjama day in there! I find cold stuff works best for me :)

Well girls, I'm so so excited this morning!!! THe baby was wriggling around like mad this morning as I laid in bed, so I asked DH to put his hand on my belly where I could feel her... he was still half asleep... now usually I'll be saying "can you feel that?" "No".... "How about that?" ....."No".....

This morning, he felt everything! 4 or 5 big kicks, his face lit up! He then looked at my belly and we both saw it moving around all over the place! It was so surreal! Then he rested his face on my belly and kissed it and she was booting him all over again! I don't know what was different today but he felt EVERYTHING, I'm so so happy! x

Hi Ladies yep its a horrid day hubby sleeping thought I would catch up wwith everyone and see how you are doing. Im having alot of movement now :)

hi girls thanks alot for all the advice!! I had some coke and she kicked me!! and now as I am writing this she wont sit still! lol
You worry about your kids from the moment you know they are inside you, and it doesn't get any easier when they are born. You worry about everything no matter what age they are.

Thanks alot, and its great all these hubbys are getting to feel their babies kicking as well!! its an amazing moment!!

YAY Louise!!!! Isn't it a great feeling! To see their eyes open wide and their face light up when they feel their LO!!!! I love it!!

xo

aw thats so lovely that everyone is getting proper kicks & hubbys feeling movements too!
we are a bit behind - still getting plenty of little wriggles but no great thumps yet.
wow I can't believe some of you girls are 23 weeks, thats mad! :happydance:

my new bump pic girlies :) (sorry if its big!)
https://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/CSirl/newbumpcollage.jpg

i feel soo prepared for the baby! too prepared! i have hardly anything left to get :( we are moving so we did need to buy everything before we move. im getting so so excited, looking at all his clothes!!

Well i went to pick up a tumble dryer yesterday and whilst i was out i got a phone call from my sister giving me some bad news. My Auntie who is really more like my Nana had been rushed into hospital and they thought she had bleeding in the stomach and thought it was a embolism (sp?) they took her for a scan and told my cousin (her daughter) that she might well die whilst on her way down to the scan because of the bleeding so my cousin was obviously in a right state.

So me my mum and sister were preparing to go to Nottingham to say our goodbyes. I managed to get my tumble dryer get home got a quick takeaway was just about to have a quick bath when we realised we had no hot water! Typical eh? Anyway just then my phone rang and it was my mum ringing with more news, the scan had shown that it wasnt as serious as they thought and she has gastro-enteritus (sp?) but she was very dehydrated so they wanted to keep her in overnight so we decided not to go to nottingham and wait for more news this morning.

My mum rang this morning to say that they think she has torn something from being sick so much and they were taking her for a endoscopy to see what it was and now i'm just waiting for more news.

I think the doctors are horrible for scaring my poor cousin like that! I know they have to prepare for the worst but come on? shes the only family she has! So hopefully my auntie is going to be ok!

On a positive my little boy has been alot more active the last few days and seems to like waking mummy early morning just to get comfy on my bladder lol

hi girls thanks alot for all the advice!! I had some coke and she kicked me!! and now as I am writing this she wont sit still! lol
You worry about your kids from the moment you know they are inside you, and it doesn't get any easier when they are born. You worry about everything no matter what age they are.

Thanks alot, and its great all these hubbys are getting to feel their babies kicking as well!! its an amazing moment!!

Amen, sister!
At least when they're inside you, you know where they are!
I keep wondering how I'm going to deal with the teenage boy years..... Oy!

Glad baby woke up and had a wiggle. :)
I was told at my scan that I have an anterior placenta (again), so I'm pretty relaxed about feeling kicks or not. I have the Simon pregnancy to compare to, though and that does really help to reassure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->