****September Stars!!****

1. What is the difference between the iCandy cherry and iCandy Peach? (we've been looking at the peach system as the blossom may come in handy in a few years)

Icandy Peach is a shinier version of the cherry basically. Its more expensive than the cherry but its does convert to a double

2. Has anyone not bought the carrycot with their travel system? if so why not? if you DO have the carrycot has it been well used?

I will be buying a carry cot, only tends to get used to 4 months but i think its important for LO to be able to lie flat

3. What do people do on long (10 hour) car journeys with LO - should they be lying flat?

a 10 hour journey is a LONG time for a baby. You'd have to make about 5 stops for nappy changing, feeding and making sure baby is not uncomfortable. HOWEVER, whenever we did long journeys with caitlyn, we drove til she woke pretty much!

Dont worry about me mrs... worrying gets no one anywhere! it doesnt help haha. I'm probably one of the most laid back people you'll ever meet given my current circumstances haha xx

okey dokey thats all brilliant advice thank you very much!! hopefully LO will be ok with a long drive.... we'll see!! May be worth doing it over 2 days perhaps...

where on earth are you planning on going hahaha.. i dont think id be too keen on a 10 hour journey myself!

Morning!!!!!!!!

Well Ian left early this morning leaving me and the puppy asleep in bed!!! We didn't wake up till 9am!!! Just finished cleaning the bathroom and now the house is clean and tidy!! I have a list of things to do this week like clean the cooker and all my cupboards out, I also wanna sort out Hope's clothes and wash and iron them!!!

Hope you are all ok xx

good god becs it's all go in your house!!! please move in with me.....

Amy im going from Bournemouth to Inverness as Daves dad and bro live in Scotland.... so bottom of england to top of scotland - always a fun drive"!!!!

Crikey Carley, that IS a long drive!!!!!!!

I am full of it this week!!! Its all the jobs I have been putting off!!

I used to live in Elgin (near Inverness) and my family lived in Grimsby, Lincolnshire and that used to take us 10 hours at least sometimes 12 hours! I dont envy you doing it with a newborn, we had to do it with 2 cats and that was bad enough i think with a newborn i would definately do it over 2 days!

Yeah i think its probably best..... lol. I might even suggest t Dave that it would be easier if his family just got on an aeroplane and came to see us!!!!

I was bad enough driving dd back from the hospital, I kept poking her to check she was ok!!
I would def say split it up as much as possible!

Agree with Amy about lying baby down first few months, depends how you use pram as to how much use, 6 months seems to be tops, my granny keeps reminding me in her day they used just the pram til about age 2!

Carley, the easiest place to say where everyone knows is Street, where Clarks village is, we live down the road from there! I keep going into next to check out the baby stuff but not much at the moment, there is a Baby Gap too!:happydance:

Apaton, Too right the midwifes are there for you, i would be so annoyed if they couldn't see me if i was worried, when i ran into a shopping trolley when pregnant with dd, i was on the phone in hysterics and down there like a flash! They finished at 4 but one stayed there to see me, how kind:thumbup:
I did throw my egg sandwich over dd first i was handing her breakfast and dropped mine on her, but you know you have a craving for boiled eggs when that really doesnt matter and you eat it anyway:haha:

Lovely day, second load of washing finished, first still drying, and guess what? I can see my kitchen floor again!!:haha:

Baby been jumping on bladder today, I have been sitting down and i know why i miss the kicks during the day, just me moving means i wouldn't feel them, they are subtle.

Back later :hugs: xx

woah, too many pages to catch up properly!
happy 24 weeks and viability to you beginning of sept girls!
20 weeks for me tomorrow :happydance:

we've had a really busy weekend - had my sister & her partner here to build a wall lol! Our spareroom had a bath and toilet shoved down one end of it, no divider or anything :wacko: but now we have a lovely en-suite instead yay! Still got the electrics and finishing to do, and then of course the decorating so it's not finished but well on the way! I was really impressed that he and my hubby managed to build a room and tile it in 1 1/2 days considering neither of them have done it before!
Anyways, today is the big tidy up - the whole house is covered in plasterboard dust :dohh:

Mrs N where in Suffolk are you??!!!

I feel really ungrateful, I have just sorted out Hope's bits and bobs. Ian's Nan knitted me some bits and tbh most of them I probably won't use, there area few cardigans that are cute that I will use. Do you think its wrong onf me to give the rest to charity??

So glad you have been Apaton and had your mind put to ease!!!!!

Becs I don't think that's wrong at all, at least someone will be getting use out of them! My mum and Aunty have knitted loads and loads of jumpers and cardys etc, and they're still going strong! I was a little bit worried at first, but I have to say that everything they have done for me so far is really lovely.. I worried that it would be really old fashioned as some of their knitting patterns are from when I was a baby!! Most of them are very very tiny aswell and will probably only do for a few weeks!

Babythinkpink thank you, I am feeling a little better... I have managed to eat a packet of hula hoops (very healthy and nutritious I know!!) and they have not come back up yet so looking good! Still feel very uncomfortable in the top of my stomach!! I was starting to get very worried yesterday, and in my hormonal state I actually started to believe that my growing uterus had pushed my stomach and intestines up, and that there might have been a 'kink' somewhere that wouldn't allow any food to go down!! You know like when you unfold the hose pipe in the summer and you can't get the water to come out the other end no matter how many times you straighten it!! I'm thinking now that It was trapped wind or something but it did have me in tears quite a lot of yesterday!

Babythinkpink, my DH is from minehead, I think that is fairly near street?? I know we have been there to clarks before as my grandad in law (if that's a real thing) has a discount card!!

Amy, hugs, glad you're happy and chilled out!

Carley, I'm sure plenty of babies have been in cars for long journeys, although if I were you for your sake as well as baby, I would try to do it over 2 days! Or is there no way you could fly?? Or ask them to visit you seeing as you will have a new baby!!

When Lilia is born, I will be travelling the breadth of the country to visit Wayne's family.. I'm sure we will see some of them when she is born and before he goes away, but once he's in Afghan I'll be the only way his grandparents will be able to see the baby, so I'm setting myself up for some 5/6 hour journeys to the West country! Also my family live near Doncaster so it's about 3/3and a half hours to see them! Although I imagine my mum will pretty much be moving in!

Just an update also, I had told you all that my Dad was poorly in hospital, well after 3 weeks he is now back at home annoying my Mum again,, that was some nice news on Friday to go along with my lovely feedback from the ofsted inspector!

Sorry for the long post, I'm off work and uncomfortable and bored and Wayne is away YET again on another course :(

Apaton gald all is ok :hugs:

1. What is the difference between the iCandy cherry and iCandy Peach? (we've been looking at the peach system as the blossom may come in handy in a few years)

as far as i'm aware the cherry is smaller, the peach is pretty much the same as the apple and pear pram... personally i would go peach but thats just me ha ha

2. Has anyone not bought the carrycot with their travel system? if so why not? if you DO have the carrycot has it been well used?

I bought my carrycot with mine this time, with Tabs i used the carrycot for quite a long time...sell them on Ebay after?

3. What do people do on long (10 hour) car journeys with LO - should they be lying flat?

We had a lie flat seat with Tabs so worked wonders when we went on long journeys, though we would stop and get her out half way :)

Mrs_N good going to the men in your household this weekend...... thats the type of job i'd end up getting stuck into in my house lol.....

Thats brilliant news Louise!!! So glad your Dad is out fo hospital!!!!

I finally got round to making my 28 week mw appointment!! 14th June!! Can't believe that some of us will be in 3rd tri by then, eeeeee!!!!!!!!

OMG that's quite scary! Here's me working slowly towards viability IN 6 DAYS I hadn't even thought about the next milestone!
Is everyone having a 23/24 week midwife appointment? I have one made for wednesday this week, that was the next one on my notes... or do we have a 28 week one as well?? I suppose we'll see a lot more of them from here on in will we?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->