****September Stars!!****

Hi Ladies

Carley - I looked at the Peach and the Cherry before I ended up going for a Brio Sing. I really like both of them. I would say think seriously about whether you would use the Peach as a blossom in a couple of years time? I initially had the same thought but then reasoned that by the time (fingers crossed) I have another baby there will probably be a new system out. Also, buying the converter is pretty expensive on top of an already expensive pram. Personally I think a Carrycot is essential for those first few months although I know some people don't bother. On the journey front my Uncle had the same problem - he lives in York and most of my family live in Dorset. They have never done the trip without an overnight stay and York is a good few hours short of your journey to Scotland. Perhaps you could persuade Dave's family to come and visit you when the baby is born and then perhaps you could go there in the New Year when baby is a little older? Just a thought.

I've got my 22 week appointment with the Consultant tomorrow. I'm a little bit nervous, not sure why. Maybe I'm just anxious that my weight will get raised again. If it does I shall swiftly remind her I've lost 3kg since 9 weeks and that the anaesthetist I was referred to couldn't understand why I was there as I'm "not even big". Blood pressure is still on the low side of normal so they can't use that against me either. I was talking to my Auntie about it last week, she's a Sister in a Casualty department and she told me she thinks it's disgusting that people aren't allowed to enjoy pregnancy any more. In her opinion you are lectured over the smallest of things and the risks are constantly exaggerated. My MW has been okay so far, although she is a little "old school" in her approach. However, I must say the MW's I met in the Maternity Unit last week couldn't have been lovelier and I would definitely prefer one of them there when I give birth rather than my own. I guess it's just the luck of the draw on the day you get admitted?

When I had my 16 week one she told me the next time would be 28 weeks, then I doubled checked my noted etc and it is now 28 weeks, used to be 25!!

OOhh how strange, at my last appointment I had a different midwife as mine was away on hold and she said to make one for 23/24....

I hope I don't get told off!! Although I won't have seen my own midwife since 8 weeks so it's probably not a bad thing to see her now!

Apaton - glad everything is ok. Louise - glad to hear you are feeling better too. :hugs:

I have really random times i have to see the MW i have seen one for the booking in and at the scans and thats all :lol: I'm not bothered as i dont want to really see them :shrug: Dont think i see one until 28weeks ish either.

We took Tabs on an 7-8hr journey when she was 8 weeks old and just drove... i hate stopping so we stopped once so i could feed her and she slept the rest of the way :)

I haven't seen my actuall mw since 8 weeks either lol!!! The one at 16 weeks was a stand in! Tbh because I am overweight and I have PCOS I thought they would to see me more often, but my consultant at the hospital said I was fit and healthy and that my weight wasn't an issue! I was quite shocked!!!

I was really confused about MW appointments so my MW gave me a timetable. I know all hospitals differ but here are the dates she told me if it helps anyone. I think the confusion is that we are supposed to make some appointments with our GP not the MW, especially if it's your first pregnancy.

22 Weeks Routine Antenatal - MW
25 Weeks Routine Antenatal (First Pregnancy Only) - GP
28 Weeks Full Blood Count, Anti-body Screen, Glucose Screen if needed - MW
31 Weeks Routine Antenatal (First Pregnancy Only) - GP
34 Weeks Routine Antenatal and Alternative Therapy Clinic if Breech Position - MW
36 Weeks Routine Antenatal Refer Persistent Breech for ECV - MW
38 Weeks Routine Antenatal - GP
40 Weeks Routine Antenatal Offer Sweep (First Pregnancy Only) - MW
41 Weeks Offer Sweep, Induction Booked - MW

you see the midwife more when its your first. When you get onto the second they kind of leave you to get on with it unless you have any problems or are high risk

becs we are in Bungay - near Beccles :)

louise so glad your dad is home :thumbup:

I have my next appointment at 23 weeks, it was meant to be 22 but I wasn't able to do that week so it's the one after.

THanks for that MrsJ08, my midwife told me that the chances are I'll only see my GP once! I just go along with the hope that they'll tell me at my appointment when I should be making the next one!

I saw the cutest babygro on the internet this morning... now you have to know my DH - he is obsessed with everything he really really wants and really really needs.. mainly the big gadgets that he doesn't have, according to him he's the only man in the world that doesn't have a plasma screen tv, PS3, Xbox 360, blu ray player, laptop etc etc etc... bless him he just WANTS lots of things!

This babygro simply says "I'm Daddy's new laptop" .......... How cute!!!!!!

becs we are in Bungay - near Beccles :)

louise so glad your dad is home :thumbup:

I have my next appointment at 23 weeks, it was meant to be 22 but I wasn't able to do that week so it's the one after.

I work at a school in Beccles! Oooooooooohhh small world!

Lousie thats so cuuuute!! Have you got a link to that i need to show a friend :haha:

thanks blob for the input its really useful....... think i will probably go peach just want to make sure as its a LOT of money and quite an investment... i love it being all chromed up very bling!!!

The thing is with prams you have to go with what you love else everytime you see them you will kinda be a bit green :haha: Least thats what i'm like....I cant wait to get my apple/pear this weekend.

If the apple seat wasnt so much bigger than the peach i would have got that as its soo pretty and sparkley :rofl:

I think we are going to get the peach - just need to go and test it out somewhere first!

Eeee i will be jealous...but Tabs was just too tall to sit in the peach :cry: I tried one out a while ago along with the apple and pear ones...

https://www.cafepress.co.uk/+daddys_laptop_infant_creeper,68695381

https://www.cafepress.co.uk/+my_daddys_a_geek_infant_bodysuit,134879373

There are also some brilliant maternity t shirts on there, I love this one:
https://www.cafepress.co.uk/+whats_out_there_maternity_dark_ts,133093855

Carley if you are going to go for the Peach make sure you play a few shops off against each other. Both Babybirds and Snowflakes in Dorset sell it, I'm sure they will do their best to compete. When I was looking at the Apple I found a place on the internet (BabyBoom2000) who were prepared to sell is for £510 which was £150 cheaper than John Lewis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->