****September Stars!!****

Congrats and welcome ......

Oh what a day so far..... work (as louise says) is really taking it out of me recently thankfully i only have tomorrow, then a day cleaning the house and then up to brummy land for the NEC (yipee) and we're staying overnight and doing both days, think we'll just see whats about on friday then wait for MIL and the credit card on saturday for the bigger purchases....

I have finally managed to rehome my chinchillas (weep weep) as they have been the proud owners of the spare room forever and now we really need it back for a nursery (obviously), but Sunday will be a sad and difficult day but i know i'm doing it for the right reasons. Still will make me sad though!! Doesn't stop me feeling like i've "failed" them.....

but positive thinking... once they have gone i'll be able to get in there and NEST like mad!!! cant wait to paint and make a nursery out of it.

Amy im glad you are still hanging in there - you wouldnt believe the hours i spend a day sending good thoughts to you....

Limpets and Drazic and anyone else who is going fri/saturday im really looking forward to meeting you all.....

Limpetsmum, my bumps seems to have grown in a week too and lo is very active all of a sudden
and aparently week 25-26 is the week bubba has a growing spurt - putting on half it's body wieght again in one week :huh:

I have the nesting fever too. I have washed and hoovered out my car today.
I not only washed my car sunday, i polished it, glossed each & every black part i could find on it, cleaned the windows....inside & out, metal polished the exhaust - then i started on DH's! He thinks it's great & can't wait to leave his car with me when i start my maternity leave :dohh:

Limpets and Drazic and anyone else who is going fri/saturday im really looking forward to meeting you all.....
Brownsie is coming too, not heard from anyone else - it will be a cosy meet hehe. I've started making a list of things i want to look out for & price up etc. I've decided to drive as well so i can drop things back at the car as needed :thumbup:

Went to the docs this evening as my kidneys ache & i fear re-developing pyleonephritis:nope:. I had it on my honeymoon last October & i was told i am at a high risk of it occuring again in the subsequent 12 months (it really was the worst pain ever). Pregnancy puts you at an even higher risk so you can imagine my fears, nurse practitioner was lovely & gave me all the sample stuff i need to drop it in myself at work tomorrow. Also got some cream for my annoying leg rash & was advised to ask work if i can wear a dress - that'll be interesting lmao.

Ooooh talking of dresses, i bought a gorgeous one from Pumpkin Patch on sunday for my friends daughters christening in a few months time. Obviously a maternity dress, it's white with big pink & red watercolour type flowers on it. Halter neck style but with straps (make sense?) & the way it is cut i could probably even get away with wearing it after bubba as it is elasticated across the back & have a ribbon under the bust to adjust the fitting. I also already have the perfect fuschia pink kitten heels which will look great with it..........quite looking forward to it now :happydance:

Hi everyone!
amy - so glad to see you on here and hoping that the news stays good for you with that infection.
Glad to hear that I'm not the only mad nester out there! :blush:
I like the idea of doing timed blocks of chores and nesting. That might achieve a balance between these opposing forces of frenetic activity and drop dead exhaustion.
I had an incredibly deep sleep last night. No toddler waking me up at 4:30 or anything else. Just deep deep sleep. I felt so good when I woke up.
I'm still fighting off this cold, but I was so much better for the sleep.
Maybe ten days of no family around will be just what the doctor ordered?
Hmmm, I don't know. I already miss my baby. I don't think I've ever spent a night away from him before. He's perfectly happy and not missing me in the slightest, of course.
I do have another baby to keep me company. I saw a kick from the outside yesterday. And I'm feeling lots of pokes and prods as he swims around in there. :cloud9: I love this part of pregnancy. It's not so fun when they are really big and hammering away at your organs, but the sweet little pokes and nudges are quite wonderful.

Hope everyone stays healthy and keeps the nesting under control! :)

hope u all enjoy the baby show.. thank u for all your mmessages xx

Urgh why is it gross outside here today :cry: I was wanting some more sun..though its meant to get better :shrug:

Amy :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: So glad its getting better :)
Ouch on the burn Becs :(
Yaay for the scan Drea!
Asher boo for the SPD but yaay for getting time off :)
Carley we used to have chinchillas i think Tabs would love them now, but i think they would be in trouble :wacko:

WOW :shock: everyone is getting into this nesting lark!!

Seems everyone has got the nesting bug!
Asher :hugs: for the SPD.
Mine seems to be getting worse - the last few nights have been quite horrid. I know I need to really stop doing stuff for a couple of days to let everything calm now but it's hard.
Louise thanks for the links, off to have a look now!
Ouch to the bump burn - clearly ironing is a health hazard, yet another reason for me not to do it haha!

Morning Ladies!

Limpetmum, you still taking your little suitcase? I think I might. I'm coming with my Best Mate, but I don't think she will be too impressed carrying everything around all day lol. We are leaving here about half 8, gotta get the kids off to school first, so should be there about 11ish, I think.

Beautiful down here on the South East Coast today, might go for a walk along the beach later.

Have a lovely day ladies

x x x x

wooo im viable :)

only two days left for you amy, ive got a really good feeling, i think you and bubba are going to be just fine :)

xxx

Cant believe its only a week until some of us will be about to move over :shock:

F&C will have to start a new thread in 3rd tri soon!!!!

Happy V day Lilia!!!!

Happy V Day Becs and Lilia, and to Limpetsmum for a couple of days ago! Amy it's your turn in 2 days! And mine in 3! Blob I can't believe you're almost 26 weeks, it's crazy! So close to 3rd tri. Only feels like 5 mins ago we were all getting to know each other in the first tri thread!

I have a day to myself today. Archie is off at school, and Jack is at the childminders even though I am off work. It upsets him too much if he's off for a few weeks and then goes back, as it's only one day a week he's there. So I am pottering. My back and stuff feel a lot better just for not being in work, so I am definitely going to get signed off for a couple of weeks next week. My next little job today is to sit and book in my mat leave so I can apply with work. All being well, I've only got about 15 working days in before I will finish!! Yay for working part time!!

Hope everyone's having a nice day.

Big hugs to Amy as always. xx

happy v day lilia & becs :happydance:
wow I can't believe some of you guys are moving over to 3rd tri soon :wacko:

here's my 21 week bump, I feel mahoosive!!

Attachments

• 21 weeks clothed (400 x 600).jpg
    21 weeks clothed (400 x 600).jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 3
Yay Jen you look fab! That's a great piccy!! x

Happy V day Lilia & Becs!

I've got a few rather embarrasing questions today... :blush: So... Here goes!

1) Boobs. They're finally getting bigger - I was really lucky in first tri in that they haven't been sore much up until this point. But recently, my nips have gone all lumpy around the milk ducts. I can't rememeber whether this happened with my DD... is anyone else having this?

2) Feeling wetter. I'm pretty certain that i'm not leaking amniotic fluid, but have had increased discharge lately. Is this normal?

3) Uncomfortable kicks / pressure. I'm finding it much more difficult to do pelvic floor exercises when baby is in certain positions, and some kicks nearly make me wee! Sometimes, it's not bad at all, but others the pressure is really uncomfortable - expecially kicks on (what I imagine is) my cervix. Again, i can't rememeber this with DD - but it was 5 years ago.

4) Sex. It's just not happening that much, and I feel guilty. I don't feel particularly ugly, and i'm not really that scared about baby... but I just don't fancy it. It's kind of a take-it-or-leave-it attitude, but OH never tries it on because he doesn't know if i'd be up for it or not. Chances are if he did, I would, but I just never feel like instigating it myself. So we just do it once a week.. a bit of a step down from every day when we were TTC!

I'm really embarrased to post these, but i'm much more comfortable asking you ladies than my midwife! :blush: They're not really major concerns, but I just wanna check that they are 'normal' lol.

Hope everyone is well today... Main priority for me today is to get through the ironing pile, and make a start on Hamlet. It's probably the only one of Shakespeare's major works that I haven't read, and i've always wanted to get around to it but haven't had the time with degree / teaching etc. Also, I need to watch sex and the city film as i'm off to see no.2 with the girls next friday. Not much contrast in cultures there eh? lol.

Oh, and I WILL post a bump pic later :)

xXx

optical as far as I know increased discharge and lumpy boobs are normal normal normal at this stage in pregnancy.
the sex thing is normal too - we are way down on your once a week! I'd rather have hugs lol!
I haven't experience kicks on the cervix (yet) but I wouldn't imagine they'd be very comfortable - I've heard other ladies talking about this so I guess it too is normal. keep up those pelvic floor exercises!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->