****September Stars!!****

Oh i'm on my own tonight whilst the OH is at table tennis, I dunno whether to make spag bol or a tin of sausage and beans on toast! I'm in such a pickle.

WOw lots of viable babies today! Congrats to all!

Becs, glad to hear the blisters are starting to ease, hope you get a better night's sleep tonight!

Hello and welcome to the new people, sorry forgotten names already! Hope the scan went well today and you know the sex of your baby!

I can't wait to move over to third tri, I've been reading it quite a lot recently, I find the birth stories absolutely fascinating! I'm waiting to start feeling scared about giving birth but it's not happening yet... funny, as I always thought I'd spend pregnancy worried about labour, but since I've been pregnant it has just felt like an achievable challenge! I'm actually quite looking forward to it!! I know I know, don't quote me on that in 103 sleeps!!!

Jellycat, I loved your post it made me laugh so much! You HAVE to name your baby Rio Rooney Gerrard!!!

Ash, hope you're feeling better about being off work, I would make the most of it if I were you and take things slowly!

Carley sorry to hear about your cold, they are so much worse whilst pregnant aren't they!!

Can't remember anything else I was suppsoed to write. I hope Amy's scan went well today, I'm going to check in on her journal now I think. I don't get the chance to come on during the day because of work but hubby is still away so I can spend ages on her during the evenings without him huffing and puffing!!

Asher, I hope you will be happy hun. Think of all that quality time with Archie and Jack.

Aww Limpetsmum, I'm gutted I missed a chance to meet up with you. Glad you had a good time though. Did you say you had your 28 week mw appointment? Aren't you 25 weeks? Am I being silly here?

Well Blob the canopy bit is lovely too!! lol. Am off to look at the other sets you've recommended shortly. Thanks hun. Yep I think the first of us Stars are moving over on Saturday.

Laura, no I haven't done the test but we'll see what happens at my mw appointment on Friday.

Happy V-Day Firstbean, Carley and Bekklez! Yay to cake and dancing! Hope you feel better soon Carley. I've got a sore throat at the moment and have been sneezing so I may be getting poorly soon.. hey ho.

Welcome familymatters!

Hope your mw appointment went well lilia.

x

my boobs are driving me nuts...they are so tingle and itchy!!!

Leaky boobs make baby coming even more real!! lol

Right, I am back for instalment number 2!!

Welcome newbies:thumbup:

Congrats all viable today:happydance:

Jellycat, I think should i dare to ask dh football names a boy or girl would be called Stevie G so best subject avoided!!

Louise, I get sudden panics about birth, but they are pretty fleeting, and I soon forget it! I just start thinking about the size i get and how baby has to get out some how!! It is not a worry i have for long and it just makes me determined to have a calm birth.:hugs:

Carley, hope your feeling better soon :hugs:

Anyway, time to see how many hundreds of posts i have missed not being on facebook today!
I am less itchy today, but been cooler, so thinking it is just the heat, I have made a huge effort not to scratch too, and must moisturise better!
May even have a nice bath later, and then cover myself in moisturiser b4 bed!

Back tomorrow, off to check out Amy's journal and the fb!

Bye til then,

Oh and baby has turned over again, so bowel and bladder having regular kicks, and like everyone else i have noticed them getting bigger and more noticible, and they are not comfortable inside like that, like being kicked up the bum from the inside:shock:

:hugs:xxxx

Bekklez and Carley :wohoo: Viable!!

Boo on being ill Carley :(

I'm not moving over until the weekend i dont think...third tri is long enough :dohh:
Louise i never felt scared about labour and not again this time :)

Hi ladies

Happy V Day Carley and Bekkles and everyone else who is viable today!!

I've been a bit poorly with d&v this last 2 days but feeling so much better now, so I'm happy! Was thinking it was the heat at first, but it's been cooler here today so don't think it was and now Matt is feeling a bit poorly too so think it was a bug.

We're going camping this weekend! Should be interesting lol We're going in our friends van which is quite comfy so not like going in a tent and we had a fab time when we went in November last year (yes, we were mad going at the end of November but it was so much fun!) I'm hoping the weather will be nice too so we can go to the beach :happydance:

Hope you feel better soon Carley, a cold sucks when pregnant and hope your sunburn is better now becs... ouuch blisters!!!

We're going for our 4d scan a week on Saturday! Can't wait, so excited.

Can't believe it's almost time for the 3rd tri already! I'm officially 3rd tri on Saturday, but I'll hang around on here until everyone else is ready to head on over :flower:

xx

Evening!!!

Been for a nice walk with the puppy!! Just had a nice shower and creamed my blisters up, they are so much better than they were before!!!! So fingers crossed for a better nights sleep!!!

Watching Gok Wan is making me wanna go and have a good old shop!!!

OMG its ages since i last posted on here. Last time i posted i think i was barely 14 weeks! When does third trimester officially start? im a bit clueless. Im heading towards 24 weeks now and still dont really feel pregnant lol. People keep saying you cant do that , dont lift that, are you sure you should do that. Pahhh! im not an invalid. Apart from yesterday when i started getting cramps and realised Squid (pet name for baby lol) was sitting on one half of my belly, half hard raised belly, half empty belly lol. Then after a bit of belly rubbing and begging to move, he moved round and pain stopped. Thought it was quite amusing tho he he!

HI Amy, hope you're ok, I read your journal, sorry to hear you've had a bad day :(

just popping in to say welcome to the new ladies and congrats to all those who are viable :hugs: xx

Evening all!

Happy V Day Carley!! Woo hoo! Exciting around here today!

Becs am glad your blisters are slowly improving, ouch!!

Emzdreamgirl good to see you bump buddy!! I was wondering how you are! Did you stay team yellow? Good to see you are okay. x

Emzy D&V is crap, like you need that at the moment!! Feel better soon lady, hugs. x

Babythinkpink how funny with the being kicked up the bum from the inside! What a lovely thought ha ha!!!!

Thanks Ann, I think you're right, the quality time with Archie and Jack is exactly what is needed, and I have chance now to do lots of groundwork with Jack especially to prepare him for being the middle child, as I don't know quite how real he thinks this baby is!

Jellycat, I meant to say earlier, thanks so much for your comment on my piccy! The boys do look cute in it, bless them! I wish they were always so cute!!

Blob how come I have only just noticed that your siggy says hoping for a homebirth?! Me too!

I did a nice thing today, bought myself a sling for the baby, which I should have bought when Jack was a baby as he needed a lot of carrying around and a lot of breastfeeding, so I could have done with handsfree. I am so pleased. As we speak, a lady is making it for me!! Woo hoo!!! :happydance:

Congrats on V Day to all you ladies who have reached it today!!!

Becs i was the same :rofl: then i remember i'm pregnant and fat :dohh:

Really Asher :wohoo: I'm SO exited about it!!! Going to be so much nicer than a stinky hospital one :rofl:

I had my 3 hour Glucose Tolerance Test today and thought I would share my experience for any of you ladies who might have to do the same thing.
I had to have a high carb diet for 3 days before the test then fast for at least 8 hours prior to test. I haven't had much of an appetite lately so the most difficult part was consuming enough carbs.

So I arrived at the lab shortly before 12:30pm. They do a blood draw immediately to get your fasting blood sugar. They said if this number comes back to high then they will not give you the glucose drink because it can make you pretty sick.
I had to wait half an hour for my baseline to come back and they said it was within a normal range so I had to drink 10oz of the glucose rich drink (100grams of glucose).
This wasn't too bad, doesn't taste great but its drinkable.

It took about 5 minutes after I had finished the drink to start feeling terrible. I felt really nauseous, light headed and it felt like my heart was racing.
I was had to be taken into the back of the lab to be monitored, heart rate checked (went up to 118!) and blood pressure checked.
By the time all this was checked it was time for my next blood draw (every hour for three hours) so they took that and went to run it quickly as they wanted to call my doctor to see if they should continue since I wasn't tolerating it very well.
I wanted to continue (didn't want to have to do this again!) and they were kind of fighting me on it, hubby stepped in and said they aren't going to make me go through this again because its much better to finish it now in a place where I can be monitored then sent home feeling so bad just to have to do it again. They called doctor again and he agreed as long as I managed not to vomit, that took a lot of work lol.

Managed to get through though and as soon as they were done I ran to the bathroom but at least I made it through before I got sick.

The 1 hour blood draw is the only one I know the result to, as they ran this one quickly to tell the doctor. I guess after an hour your results should be below 180 and after 2 hours it should be below 155 and mine after an hour were 160. So I was well below for the 1 hour and not even for off of the two hour at that point so I am feeling pretty good about the result at least though I wont know for sure until at least tomorrow when all the results are in.

Sorry for the long post, hope it made sense just figured since others might be having this done you might want to know what to expect.

Hope everyone is well, Happy V day to all the ladies who are there now. I have one week left until I get to that magic 24!

Laura, that sounds so awful. It made me feel vaguely nauseous just reading it. :(
I really really hope that my initial screening test comes back normal and that I don't need to do go through the GTT. Best of luck for your results. They sound pretty good so far?

I had the nicest group of grade eights today. Smart and funny and really interested in everything. They had a great teacher bringing them to the program, too, which is always nice. It can be such a crapshoot with junior high kids - everything from complete non-participatory zombies to lippy little jerks - so it is just the best to get such great kids for a full-day program. :thumbup:

Lots of viables today! Yay! Congrats to all!

I had a great day of teaching, but I am really spent. It's a long day. I had a long list of stuff to do, but I think playing on the computer and eating some microwave popcorn is the new plan for tonight. Nesting can wait!

I had to pop in today to say ignore my stupid ticker that hasn't updated ....................

I'm VIABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congratulations to anyone else reaching V day today xx :cloud9:

Oooh Laura that sounds awful :hugs:

Beanontheway and Mrsj08 :wohoo: congrats :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->