****September Stars!!****

It might sound daft to some of you but last year when I was going to slimmig world and gym and losing weight I felt amazing!! When Ian got back from Afghan in November and I had lost 4 and half stone in 7 months I felt amazing!! Don't get me wrong I love being pregnant and after 6 years of trying I am over the moon but all I keep thinking is that I have let myself go!! I have put on about 10lbs, so not too bad but I just feel fat and frumpy! Everyone keeps telling me that I look blooming and fabulous and that I have a neat bump but it doesn't stop me feeling like I do!!!
I dunno ladies I just keep thinking that I can't wait to get back to the gym and some serious exercise!! Totally missing it!! I am still active and do alot of walking but I forge I can't do as much as I get knackered then I get angry with myself!!!

becs out of all of the people on here you are the most active!!!! dont feel bad chick you're doing a hell of a lot more than i am!! i say fair play to you.... keeping up with your life just in writing is exhausting for me LOL as far as im concerned your doing my exercise and housework for me too!!

Mamabird, excellent bump! It is too adorable for words.
Becs, I know what you mean. I am very particular about staying under a certain weight and am very watchful over my pregnancy weight gain. I have gained between 6-8lbs (depends on the day...lol) so far which doesn't sound like a lot but I feel huge. I also get frustrated b/c it seems even the simpliest things make me out of breath. Too make matters worse, I am in the Texas heat and just seem to have no tolerance for it when I'm preggo.

Thank you for your kind words!! I think its because I worked so hard to lose my weight that I am so worried about putting loads on!!

Becs, trust me I can totally sympathize. I weighed 250lbs when I was in my early 20's and lost down to 130lbs. I have maintained that through the years even with my DD pregnancy. So I know exactly how you feel. It is really tough to not focus on when you have been heavier and don't want to ever go back to that weight. I think this pregnancy has been harder too b/c I am older and with my DD I didn't even show until I was about 7-8 months. This little boy has me popping out like a button on a turkey already! ROFL!

Haha Kel!!!! I still would like to lose another 2 stone so I guess thats something to look forward to after LO arrives!! Got my plans in order, lots of walking with my dog and swimming!!! I don't wanna be the heffer I was last year!!

Evening all, phew what a day!!

I have been super emotional today. Everything with Amy and our first September Star has been buzzing around my head all day, plus I think I'm just having one of those weird hormonal surge type days. Everything has made me cry, but for no good reason at all. My 5 year old's 16 year old attitude has really upset me, even my mum set me off by saying my buggy had made a mark on her front step. Grrrrr!!

First thing this morning, something lovely did happen. I was just making cottage pie for tea, the dogs went mad outside, and when I went out, there was a flower delivery van FOR ME! A lovely patient from work had noticed on my Facebook what's been going on with the SPD, contacted work and bought some flowers for me! So sweet. Made my morning a heck of a lot better!

Anyway, happy 26 weeks to all the 26 weeks ladies, so close to that 27 weeks now! :happydance: Also to the newly viable ladies, good to be reaching this milestone.

Mamabird, your bump is fab fab fab! You look lovely!

Louise, how gorgeous is your hubby to leave that note on the ice cream? What a dream! I am jealous!

Little A I love your FB film with little Lego kicking away! So cute!

Becs did so well with your weight loss! You are officially allowed some treats though whilst your PG, it's the law! And you will be back to normal in no time at all after the birth. I am a big believer in exercise, and if you have a routine to start with, once you're in it, it's the norm, baby or no baby! I have always walked with the 2 dogs, and either swam, ran or been at the gym. Even with the SPD this time, I think I am at my fittest in terms of pregnancies. The gravity free thing of swimming is helping with keeping me not too chubby and helping with the SPD, and I still manage my walks, they are just shorter and more frequent rather than one big one every day. I always remember when Jack was a baby, about 8 or 9 weeks, I took up running again, and would literally leave DH walking him around the house for 30 mins of an evening to get a break from him and just get some air and have a run! It was lovely!! :thumbup:

I am constantly checking Amy's journal for any updates. Would be nice to hear some more good news before bed.

You will do great! So many people have told me not to worry about how much I gain. They say just eat what you want and enjoy the pregnancy but I just keep thinking how much work that would be after the baby is born and honestly, I am pretty lazy when it comes to exercise. I would rather just keep it as managed as possible and not have to work that hard. LOL Congrats on the weight loss by the way! I know what a battle that is and you have done fabulous.

You lot are fabulous!!! Thank you so so much xxxxx

I want to hear more news on Amy's little star too!!!

unfortunately for me its completely the other way around i was a size 8 18 month ago and went up to a 16 pre-pregnancy and i hate my body, the only thing thats getting me through is the fact that i am pregnant. i hate the fact ive such a mountain to climb after this...

My dress size hasn't changed at all during pregnancy, still a 16/18!! My mat jeans are a 16 and still too big lol!!

Chin up Carley and a big hug. Guess what though....not only will you look smoking hot after the pregnancy weight loss but you will have a gorgeous baby to show off too!

Thats a good way of looking at it Kel!! We will all be sexy Mammas with our cute babies!!

Well of course we will girl. Everyone will stop and stare and say, "Oh wow. You just had a baby? You look fabulous." All positive thoughts....LOL

I am sure I have just read that Amy has called her little girlie Darcie???

I have been following her journal since I heard yesterday. Hopefully I haven't missed the latest update. That is a beautiful name and... wow! She sounds like one tough little girl.

Limpetsmum why were you having your 28 week one
sorry! I've edited it now - should have said 25 week :dohh:

congratulations on being viable everyone.

Amy - congratulations hunny, hang on in there with your little princess & my thoughts & prayers are all for you sweetheart :hugs:

Limpets, I've bought the totsbots ones (I think! lol). There were so may different stands for them, that I just got all confused in the end with everyone saying that their nappies were best. In the pack I ordered you get about 10 all-in-one nappies, and a few ones that need wraps (for night-time). I think.... I'm just waiting for the set to be delivered and then i'll find out lol. It said birth to potty, but starting at 10lbs? I don't want to give birth to a 10lbs baby! lol.. so I might get some smaller ones, or use disposables for the first few weeks. All depends on the size of bubs when s/he's born i guess... I'll be more likely to get the smaller ones if bubs is about 6lb than if they're 8lb with the cost.
I was confused about the cloth nappy thing, but when i've had a chance to look through my set properly i'll post on the natural parenting thread i think and get some advice before bubs is born.
I was really confused when i went to the NEC last year too. Don't worry - it all made sense to me when i actually got some in front of me & had chance to play with them. I do have some disposables to get me through the 1st few weeks until i get used to the cloth ones, plus the hospitals are not keen on you using washables as storing them is an infection risk (or so they reckon - rubbish! plus i don't want them getting stolen!) At least we'll have each other to consult hun :hugs:

I've been enjoying my aquanatal lessons and would really recommend them
Ditto here - i think they are a great way of exersizing - we always have a giggle :thumbup:

I took out my belly bar for my operation about 7 months ago, and this moning it is infected...yuck, yuck, yuck!!!
It will sting like hell but get yourself some surgical spirit from the chemist & wash it with that. It will help fight the infection & dry out the goo (sorry if tmi folks), i syringed mine through daily when i had it done & i've never had a problem with it since (unlike other piercings where i never bothered)

Right there's me caught up with the posts - god help me when we have 2 threads running as we change over again :wacko:.
I think Tufty re-decorated tuesday evening, i was shattered & had a horrible tooth ache so i took myself to bed with a cuppa & some paracetamol. I managed to drift off to sleep for an hour or so & when i woke my belly looked like a scene from Alien! I could see kicks & limbs on my right hand side - even the cat was amazed lol. The down side was he decided to go very quiet for the following 2 days so he'd either shattered himself out or turned around so i couldn't feel his kicks. Each time i was about to call the midwife i felt a tiny kick........then nothing again for aaaages gggrrrrrrr. He finally seems to have roused again now though - little monkey!

Went to Oxford last night, had dinner at Jamie Olivers resteraunt then went to see Dara O Briain - it was an excellent night! Amazing food & Dara is just a genious, he even did a piece about pregnancy & antenatal classes - i had tears streaming down my face!!!
Need to speak to my manager tomorrow, ask if i can do lighter duties that won't involve me being on my feet so much in the adfternoons. My feet & ankles are swelling & the soles of my feet physically hurt! I spent a good proportion of the afternoon poking patterns into my swollen ankles & seeing how long it took for them to puff back out again :wacko:

Had my hair cut tonight, stoopid hair salon charged me the wrong price so when i called they offered me 3 free hair cuts to make up for it :happydance: excellent! Plus my hair looks ace! Life is good!

nursekel what a lovely way of looking at it - yey happy now !!! xxx

limpets was dara good ive always liked him he never repeats himself very original...

Starlight :wohoo: congratulations
Louise that is SO cute :cloud9:
Mamabump gorgeous bump :)
Becs i feel like that too :nope: and i really shouldnt i'm not even as heavy as i was with Tabs i still wear size 10 and can fit my size 12 non maternity :dohh: but i hate feeling like im fat :wacko: I'm not 'skinny' im just normal and just how iam naturally and i hate being anything that i'm not normally IYKWIM :hugs:

Also i lost all my weight in 3 weeks :thumbup: on a cake diet :rofl:

*for all those using cloth/thinking about it...go onto the natural parenting section there are some amazing mummies who will give you TONS of advice and LOADS of cute photos :thumbup: *

Carley he was ace! Never seen a comedian live before but i'm glad he was my first! Poor tufty - my tummy ached so much from laughing last night! I'd definately recommend him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->