****September Stars!!****

hi all
Hope everyone had good weekends, we spent the afternoon sorting through all the baby things we have and put bits ito the babys room, it was building up everywhere.

On a sad note the vets discovered that my cat had cancer so we had to have him put to sleep, we were both so upset as we are used to having cats around.

Midwife tomorrow and then growth scan on tuesday.

Lovely bumps Carley & Louise!!!

McDonalds....YUM YUM YUM I so want one now!!! Asher you are a tease!!!

Glad you are feeling a bit better as well BabythinkPink:hugs:

My headache has eased and thinking of food now aswell although hate eating late as it just wakes up my wee bubba and my bowels.......lol

I had chosen my pram and wanted the mamas and papas switch couture but now keep changing my mind to all sort of other prams, i need to stop, Im liking the quinny 3, m&p herbie & loads more, why can i just make a descision! Have you all decided on your prams or changing minds like me?

Good luck to all with appointments tomorrow!!!

Good luck with your appointments tomorrow Louise and Becs!!

Sorry to hear about your cat Genies Girl, they are part of the family aren't they. xx

Drea - I'm awful aren't I!! Tee hee. I shouldn't though. I don't normally do McD's but when I was preg with Archie I had a craving for their cheeseburgers and would cry if I couldn't get one!!!

Carley- lovely bump pic... totally jealous of your naked bump as mine looks like a flabby road map!

Louise- commented on the other thread, I think your bump is so cute x

Stop talking about McDonalds!!! You lot are a bad influence!!

xx

So sorry to hear about your cat :( I dread the days any of my pets get poorly :(

Still thinking about food.

Drea - I changed my mind literally about 20 times. I started off at the Silver Cross Sleepover, then the Bebecar IpOp then the M&P Skate, then the Emmaljunga Nitro City, then it was the Quinny Buzz, then the Britax B-Smart then the Icandy Apple, then the Icandy Peach. In the end I went for one I saw on a shopping trip that I hadn't considered at all - The Brio Sing. https://www.prams-pushchairs.co.uk/brio-sing-travel-system-black-p-579.html?currency=GBP
My reasons were, it has a nice high carrycot like the Apple and a roomy seat like the Apple and the Britax. The basket is massive, bigger than the Apple. You can remove the carrycot & car seat with one hand. The Car Seat had a fantastic "Which?" Rating in the lastest test. The raincover is included and you can collapse it easily with both carrycot and seat attached, or with them removed. Best of all I got the Carrycot/Pushchair and Car Seat for £499. The other bonus for me is that you don't see many around - an advantage because I live in London which is a sea of Bugaboo's, ICandy's and Stokke Xplorys. Nothing wrong with any of those prams but I like to have something a bit different and my DH didn't want to spend more than £500 if we could help it. The trouble is you aren't going to find one that ticks every single box, it just doesn't exist. I found the best way to choose was to write a list of which features were most important to you and decide based on how many the pram ticks and also think about what is a deal breaker. My major no's for me were a low carrycot and it wobbling on the chasis these enabled me to disregard quite a few. I also wanted to make sure that I could have an Isofix base for the Car. Good luck with whatever you decide x

Is anyone else wanting to give money for Amy's gift? I really don't want to wait much longer before sending her gift as it's Evie's first birthday on Sunday and feel it should really be there before then, not sure how she'll feel if she has a star named after Darcie but nothing for Evie?

If you still want to donate can you PM me :)

Oh loving that Brio Mrs J!! And what a fantastic price, its showing £549 now, not sure if that includes car seat, Im going to look at that as i love it!! does it fold well?.xx

Well, it's my last day here in second tri! I'm tempted to jump boat now but I think I'll be patient and hold out until tomorrow :haha:

I've been having back and stomache ache/pains last ngiht and this morning, but they don't seem too bad or regular, it's more like a constant ache rather than coming and going. Gonna keep an eye on it though!

Hope you're all well.

:hugs:

X

I am having stitch in my left side everytime I walk far, been told its just ligament pains! But as I am going to mw this afternoon I will ask her!!

Has anyone had their HiP money yet?

I am having stitch in my left side everytime I walk far, been told its just ligament pains! But as I am going to mw this afternoon I will ask her!!

Has anyone had their HiP money yet?

I get that stitch too but in my right and yes it's the ligament. But it does make your eyes water doesn't it. But mention it to the midwife.

I haven't even applied for the HIP money yet because I'm only just 25 weeks today. I'll go and see the midwife next week because I don't want to miss out. I just hope we'll still get it after the budget.... and the child benefit too

There was something on tv the other day that there is a rumour circulating that the government are going to scrap child benefit for anyone earning over £32k!

The pain comes on so quick and goes just as quick!!

morning ladies , becs i got my hip grant :flower:

hope every1s appointments have went wll :thumbup: update from mine in third tri im too lazy to write it twice :haha:

congrats to viables, double digits and third tri people :wohoo:

hope every1 is well :hugs: xx

Drea - I bought mine from Snowflakes in the shop rather than on-line (it's in my Mum's home town) they did a price match for me as I found it for £495 on this site https://www.nordicnursery.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=41&products_id=190
The Snowflakes price does include the car seat. The only extra that I will buy is the footmuff and I'm not going to order that for a while. The raincover is included and fits both the carrycot and pram, the hood of the carrycot has an integral sun visor. If you can get hold of a Brio catalogue you can see the different accessories available, I think they are on the Brio site too. All the accessories fit all of the Brio models which is quite handy as the Go has tons of accessories. They do a lovely shiny cocoon footmuff and I am very partial to the purple one. https://www.prams-pushchairs.co.uk/...0.html?zenid=efaa530a1eb61499b59702ce218d8dd5

It folds well to about the same size as the Apple and the Britax but one thing that is great is the curved bar (it's inside the basket on the pics) acts like a handle. It stands up on it's own too. We have a big car (Honda CRV) so I can't really say a lot about how it would fit in a small car, but size wise it seems pretty average to me. The other thing I like is that there is a kick plate at the bottom so if your toddler has particularly long legs they aren't daggling all over the place. The Isofix base is pretty expensive in the shops £89.99 but I bought a new one from Hello Baby on Ebay for £65.

I'm nearly in 3rd tri - very excited. I took a bump update picture today wearing the same clothes. So here is my 23 week bump and my 26+5 bump. Can you see a difference? The second pictures is slightly zoomed in but I think the main difference is my bump looks fuller at the bottom.

x

Attachments

• bump23wks.jpg
    bump23wks.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
  • bump 26+5.jpg
    bump 26+5.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 0
Mrs J, I can deffo notice a difference, alot more rounded!! Looking good xx

MrsJ lovely bumpage!

Becs, my HIP grant came through a few days ago, I hadn't realised until I checked my bank account yesterday!

That was quick Louise!!! Hope you have got a new handbag lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->