****September Stars!!****

Thanks Drazic, it doesn't specify which type of scans in the article, but that would make sense.

Hi Ladies, can i join? I had been watching this thread at the very beginning when it started then I got so sick that even looking at anything related to pregnancy made me want to throw up... still does i'm afraid - luckily (?) I have my trusty bucket beside me (10 weeks and counting now).

Anyway just to introduce myself I am 33 my OH is 34 this is our first and we are 15 weeks today. We are due on Sept 9 (according to the 12 week scan). I'm based in London.

Unfortunately my life at the moment has been the three 'B' - Bed, Bucket and Bathroom bowl. I am desperately hoping my sickness is going to ease off after 16 weeks (fingers crossed).

Anyway... I hope I can be added.

Mini welcome to the team!! - i cant help with your MS im afraid as i was one of the few lucky ones who didnt have any....

TeenyWeeny - AHHHHH CONGRATS what a cute lil man you have in there!! no team pink's yet then!!!

i cant believe how excited i am about all of the teams coming up - i just cant decide if im going to find out or not..... i have always wanted to know until now and i just dont know if i'd prefer the surprise, especially after watching that lady on one born every minute this week, thought that was really nice to not know....

ARRRGGGGGHHHH DO I? DONT I? DO I? DONT I? DO I? DONT I? ARRRRGHHH

Welcome xemmax and congrats Teeny Weeny!!! Go team blue! So we've got 2 little boys but no girls yet!

Optical - sorry you've had a crappy time. My little sister is a newly qualified teacher and was training whilst living with us so I know how hard it is at the best of times. You poor thing. I'm sure you'll find some temp work. Permanant might be tricky but you could still do temp work. I'd give you a reference!! lol xx

Carley I'm peeing myself with exciting at the thought of finding out! Had better do some more pelvic floor exercises! x

Hey guys - I'm finally here!!!!! :happydance:

I haven't been on for a while as i've had a VERY stressful few weeks. I'm a trainee teacher and have decided to defer for a year because I was basically demeaned in front of a room full of kids, and then when I got upset about it I was accused of being hormonal and playing the staff off against eachother (by being upset!). My mentor was awful... I'm glad to be out of that place and if i'm honest, I dunno if i'll be going back to teaching at all.

It was such an awful experience; I cried for most of the day and that night (last friday), I started bleeding fresh blood. By saturday morning it had turned brown, and by sunday it stopped completely. Still, I had a scan on sunday to make sure everything was ok, and bub was fine. My placenta has now moved away from the bottom, but they couldn't find any cause for the bleeding. They said that it was probably a coincidence, but i've put it down to stress.

I'm so glad i've quit, but now i'm worried about money! We just moved to a bigger house on the 7th, so now i'm looking for a temp job to help pay the bills.... as if anyone will employ me when they see the bump!

I'm so happy to see everyone over here already - we've made it girls!! F&C can you ove me to the 12th please, and pop a yellow stork next to me as OH says i'm not allowed to find out the gender!
Hope everyone is well... i'm so glad the sickness has gone away. Anyone feeling bubs move yet?

Oh, and an introduction... I'm Bekki, 25. I have a 4y/o DD, and I live with her and my fiance, 26 (DD's step-dad). I have a horse, rabbit, mouse and 3 fish. DD wants a dog, but i'm trying to talk her out of it incase I do manage to find work!

:hug: to all,

Bekki xXx

Bekki, you could be me!! You might remember that I was a trainee teacher as well for adults. Well I've also decided to defer for a year and I too probably won't be going back, at least not to the university that I was at anyway. It's a bit of a long story but I was signed off sick for a while (whilst my ms was really bad) and was assured it wasn't a problem, but when I got back I had some problems with my placement and uni were being really unsupportive of me. They tried to put me at another placement, which is notoriously bad and it became really stressful, I was constantly worrying and laying awake at night so I took the decision to leave. I just had to put myself and the baby before the course and although it was a hard decision, I know it was the right one.

I too am looking for temp work and I've registered with a few agencies and am applying left right and centre and although they are not allowed to discriminate against you because you are pregnant, I am sure they do!

Anyway, I'm glad all is ok with your baby and good luck with finding work hun, I'm sure we will find something soon :hugs:

xx

congrats Teeny!! what a lovely piccy as well. I'm sooo desperate to find out... less than 4 weeks til 20 week scan now but it feels AAGGGGEESS away!!

xxxx

*******RANT WARNING*******

I wish i could leave work for this pregnancy!! This dragon in my office completely has it in for me (not that anyone else gets on with her here anyway)..... but she's a "job lower" than me (on the ladder of life) and just hates it (me being young and coming into this job - her being here 10 years and not moving up) ...... she makes my life hell. she wont listen to me, she makes really rude comments under her breath about me, and i question her EVERY time but its like talking to a brick wall. i dont know how she does it but she is the thickest skinned bitch i have ever met....

Im not one to get stressed but this last week ive started having dreams about how bad it is and i wake up in tears about it all..... im so scared that one day im just going to lose it and tell her exactly what everyone has wanted to say forever because it'll be me out of the door and not her.

She even had the cheek when i was being sarcastic to one of my friends in here to say "you want a slap?" to me!!!! I replied "yeah, if you think you've got the balls" and i'd have LOVED her to do it, but no such luck....

im fiesty at the best of times but this woman is 55 years old and is the only person that has EVER stressed me out this much EVER!!!

GRRRRRR

rant over xxxxx

Do you not have someone you can complain to her about? I had a dragon at my work too... i left shortly after i lost evie. The money wasnt worth the stress xx

now im sat at work crying bloody fantastic!! LOL

Aww Carley! :hugs: She sounds like a right jealous old hag!! Can you speak to your manager about her and maybe ask if she can move/you can be moved away from her for a bit? or get your manager to have a stern word with her? What a cow bag! Just tell her to sod off and imagine punching her in the face (although don't actually do it ha ha) HUGS :hugs:

Yeah its all gone through the management before we all complained about her and she was "redeployed" for 10 months - then after investigations there was "insufficient evidence" and she asked to come back in here (told you she was thick skinned) - so unless i get moved theres no solution apart from going off with stress.... and i love my actual job that i dont want to be forced out because of her... it doesnt help that she sits next to me....

this sounds awful but its got so bad i imagine her crashing her car on the way home, just so she cant get here tomorrow, i normally wouldnt wish things like that on anyone but if it had to happen to someone id pick her without flinching lol ..

she's gone for the day now, i might call my boss in the morning and have some time off... we'll see.

aw hun if you feel that bad about it, I'd speak to your boss if I were you. I'm sure they'd rather you tell them about it. Hope you get it sorted hun xx

I bought he cutest wee bouncer today!!
here it is!! it comes with a wee cosy toes and vibrates, but im wont be using that function!lol I love it!

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/brainlesslittleaurora/P170310_154202.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/brainlesslittleaurora/P170310_1556.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/brainlesslittleaurora/P170310_1543.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/brainlesslittleaurora/P170310_1542.jpg

:)

Carley :hugs: that really sucks i hope you can find a way to get it resolved.

Aurora my DD looooved the vibrate :rofl: Im going to get a bouncer this time, i have a swing chair from Tabs :wacko:

:hugs: Carley.

It's too late for me girls, I am dying of cold. :cold:

Carley - don't give up babe, go to HR/your manager and complain about her again. Don't forget that being pregnant gives you an awful lot of protection and it's the company's responsibility to make sure your working life is not unnecessarily stressful. It doesn't matter that you have all complained about her before, you can still complain again. I know it's tedious but I would also start making a note in your diary of every instance. This will help the evidence side of things as you can give dates and times. In this kind of situation people tend to say vague things like "it happens all the time" or "the other day she did this". If you can say "yesterday at 12.30 pm xxxx made a threat to slap me" they have the evidence they need and it is then easier to raise it with her. If you have witnesses - even better. At the end of the day her age is irrelevant, she threatened to hit you (whether she meant it or not) that is not acceptable. I know it's probably the last thing you feel like doing but the only way anything will get done is if you kick up a fuss about it. I know this has been going on for a long time because I remember you talking about it at the beginning of 1st Tri when you found out she was coming back. Best of luck x

heya everyone, just wanted to say hi as im over on this thread now! Hope your all well! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->