****September Stars!!****

Morning

Emma I hope your scan appointment comes today. I am still waiting for the result of my NT blood test to arrive :cry: I'm feeling positive because the midwife said she would call if there was a problem, if there isn't they send it out in the post but I wish it would hurry up.

Well I managed to get another bargain last night from an advert on Netmums. I bought this rocker from Mamas and Papas. It's in perfect condition and only 4 months old. The very cute baby it belonged to had grown out of it really quickly. I'd never pay £85 for one but I'm more than happy to pay £25!
https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-wave-rocking-cradle-millie-boris/459145300/type-i/

Last night my Dad offered to buy my pram/pushchair. It was a bit unexpected but I'm really happy about it. I'm going to try and get an ex-display or perhaps a second hand one if it's in good condition to save a few £'s.

Hope everyone has a nice day. DH is not at work today so I'm hoping we will have a nice relaxed day together and the sun will continue to shine.
x

Wow what a bargain! I must say £85 for a bouncer....gosh!!:blush:

I got mine for last pregnancy for £5 off ebay as a pick up only in my local town. Was in a good condition and just gonna dig it out and wash it again for new baby. It was a fisher price kick and play or something:shrug:

God I love a bargain!!

So nice your dad wants to buy your pram. Mine did too and had in his head it was going to cost him about £400 and the one we wanted with all the cosy toes, newborn huggers etc etc came to £240. So not too bad really.
Dads are the best!:cloud9:

Well its bloody windy here today so am gonna take Nathan away to the local country park and hope to see my old horse riding instructor out on a hack. Sad I know but I miss it so much:cry:Only a year until I can get back in the saddle:haha:

Right better go get sorted before mister wakes up!

Happy 16 weeks!!

Emma.xx

:wave:

Good morning to you all, hope you are all well and brewing nicely :)

hi girls,
i've decided to move over to 2nd tri a little early - the majority of the first tri posts have become irrelevant to me, hope you don't mind!
i don't think I've 'met' most of you because for most of first tri I thought we had an october baby!

Drazic <3 - YOU WERE RIGHT - damn colds are horrid, it came on last night and ive had to take today off. i shouldve taken your advice and killed him....

Congrats Little A! Mrs J, I waited and waited for my blood test results. A pregnant friend has since told me that I'll get them at my next mw appointment which is in a week and a halves time.. only 5 1/2 weeks after they took them! I guess it's another thing she forgot to tell us. Grr. I'm hoping that if there was anything serious they would have called me?

Yeah, they would (should) have called. You can always ring up your drs surgery? They should have your results xx

i need to hoover up... but meh. It doesnt sound very appealing to me right now :lol:

My mam and dad are coming over for dinner then watching caitlyn while we go see Alice in wonderland. So i kinda need to hoover up before they come!

Hey Ladies!

Sorry I have been trying to follow the thread the last few days but I too have been sick with a cold. It started last Saturday...the day my March Break vacation started...just my luck. My chest is still congested and I am coughing a bit...but I think the worst is over.

Anyway, I am looking for some opinions this morning. DH and I went out looking at strollers (prams) yesterday and we have concluded we have no idea what to buy. What do you ladies think? What's best? A car seat/stroller combo? Or convertible car seat and seperate stroller? What have you ladies bought?
Thanks!

xo

havent bought anything yet mamabird but wanting a "travel system" combo thingy...

Thanks fish&chips, the MW said they phone if there is a problem and write if there isn't and it should take about a week (I'm assuming that's a working week) so if I haven't heard anything by Monday I'll chase the screening co-ordinator

Mamabird - ah prams and pushchairs such a nightmare. A few of us have been contributing to this thread https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/294869-really-need-help-choosing-pram.html it might help. Icandy Apple is top of my list at the moment.

x

i have the icandy apple special edition.

I wanted a travel system that also had a carrycot attachment so on long trips out baby would be able to lie flat (babies can only be in car seats for up to 2 hours at a time).

Drazic <3 - YOU WERE RIGHT - damn colds are horrid, it came on last night and ive had to take today off. i shouldve taken your advice and killed him....

Ahh, :hugs: - It sucks doesn't it? I am off AGAIN today, I just can't shake it. Plus, my sciatica is going off today because of all the laying around. :growlmad: On the plus side, by the time our kids are here we might be beginning to feel better.

As for prams, we are getting the Oyster travel system with the britax car seat. Honestly, I prefered it to the icandy, and it's like £500 cheaper and which best buy. Hopefully, all being well at the 20 week scan we will be ordering after :)

Hey Everyone!!!

We are so chatty, had to catch up on it all!!!

:hugs: to all newbies!!!

We are getting the Mothercare 'Spin' Mum is paying for it for us.

Had my 16 week MW Appointment today i'm A Reh Neg, so need the injections :dohh: Heard baby as well, and pleased that it confirms what I am listening to on my doppler.

x x

Ahh, :hugs: - It sucks doesn't it? I am off AGAIN today, I just can't shake it. Plus, my sciatica is going off today because of all the laying around. :growlmad: On the plus side, by the time our kids are here we might be beginning to feel better.

As for prams, we are getting the Oyster travel system with the britax car seat. Honestly, I prefered it to the icandy, and it's like £500 cheaper and which best buy. Hopefully, all being well at the 20 week scan we will be ordering after :)

theres no way its 500 cheaper than the icandy cherry. it only costs about £270 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->