****September Stars!!****

Hi guys,

Haven't been able to keep up with this thread since losing internet connection at home.

Sooooo excited that I finally have my "12wk" scan tomorrow at 8.30am at 12+5wks. It's been 9 loooooong weeks!

Can't wait to stop hiding the bump/bloat at work and finally tell them all that I am off again in September! Ha ha!

P.S I have a Hauck Infinity pushchair and want to buy the carrycot attachment for this one as it is great and only £130 new on Ebay for the whole lot. I think they have car seat attachments too, but we use our Recaro which was a WHICH winner for safest seat when we bought it in 2008.

Drazic <3 - YOU WERE RIGHT - damn colds are horrid, it came on last night and ive had to take today off. i shouldve taken your advice and killed him....

Ahh, :hugs: - It sucks doesn't it? I am off AGAIN today, I just can't shake it. Plus, my sciatica is going off today because of all the laying around. :growlmad: On the plus side, by the time our kids are here we might be beginning to feel better.

As for prams, we are getting the Oyster travel system with the britax car seat. Honestly, I prefered it to the icandy, and it's like £500 cheaper and which best buy. Hopefully, all being well at the 20 week scan we will be ordering after :)

That looks really nice, I would get one its just the wheels dont look too all terrain, we have a dog and the icandy apple looks better for off roading lol!!

theres no way its 500 cheaper than the icandy cherry. it only costs about £270 lol

Lol, my MIL is queen pushchair and she told me the travel system was £900?! whereas it's only £450 for the Oyster travel system. I would not be suprised if she is talking bollocks though! Though, she did just say icandy, she is probably looking at the most super one.

Becs - I was worried about the wheels, but the woman who we spoke to at the buggy place said they are great for beaches and parks ect (vital for us as we live by the sea!) and are replaceable. She actually talked me out of a more expensive pushchair for that reason so I think she knew her stuff :)

The list price for the Icandy Apple is £369.99 for the stroller, £139.99 for the carrycot and £49.99 for the flavour pack. Most retailers seem to do package deals and I've had quotes from £550-£650, we've also been looking at secondhand ones.

Drazic - I looked at the Oyster and I really like it especially in the new "Black Pearl" colourway. Shop around though as I've seen the stroller and carry cot on-line for £399 in the other colours. The thing that put me off was how low down the carrycot is. It's just a personal thing, and I don't like the Bugaboo for the same reason. In an ideal world, if I had the room I'd have a Silver Cross Balmoral! I think I'm a traditonalist at heart. Lol!!

I bought a Pliko Polka Pramette Mamas and Papas with car seat, parasole, rain cover, foot muff. I got it off ebay for 150 pound. I also got the car seat base with it but it wasn't compatible with my car so we sold it on ebay for 65 pound so really we bought it all for 85 pound. xx

ive always wanted a silver cross pram so hopefully we'll find the perfect one at the baby show

theres no way its 500 cheaper than the icandy cherry. it only costs about £270 lol

Lol, my MIL is queen pushchair and she told me the travel system was £900?! whereas it's only £450 for the Oyster travel system. I would not be suprised if she is talking bollocks though! Though, she did just say icandy, she is probably looking at the most super one.

Becs - I was worried about the wheels, but the woman who we spoke to at the buggy place said they are great for beaches and parks ect (vital for us as we live by the sea!) and are replaceable. She actually talked me out of a more expensive pushchair for that reason so I think she knew her stuff :)

thats probably for the peach hun. cherry is the cheapest one, apple a bit more.. peach is the newest and most expensive xx

Hey Laides!

I'm getting a cold too... bugger :( hope ur all feeling better soon!

Emzy - I've been applying for sooo many jobs. I've had calls back for a few of them; as soon as I mention i'm pregnant then the job is suddenly not suitable for one reason or another - It's a joke. Hope ur having more success than me hun! :hugs:

F&C - thenks so much for updating the front page for me... with the way things are going I might need ur reference! lol.

TeenyWeeny - LOVE your scan pic - your little man is GORGEOUS.

I like the idea of OH telling me the sex of our baby, although I haven't been watching the 'One born...' as, if i'm honest, i'm petrified at the idea of giving birth and I daren't watch it. With my DD I was induced via IV (sp was bedbound and contractions came on quickly and v.strong). Plus, her back was to my back until the very last minute. I had pethedine and an epidural, and threw up lots immediately after giving birth. So, I don't like the idea of pain, but because of that don't like the idea of having drugs!

I wanna feel bubs move NOW. Every night I lay with my hands on my tummy (as if that's gonna help..) and wish lol. I've got the angelsounds doppler and it's fantastic, but i wanna feel movement!

xXx

Trust her to look at the newest and most expensive!

I think I am feeling baby move. I have felt a flutter for all day on and off. Would that be too long to feel baby? Maybe I have broken my stomach?!

Well thanks for all your input ladies! I have been looking up the brands you named...but unfortunately a lot of them are UK brands that I can't find here in Ontario. I guess I'll just have to keep up my research!

Hi everyone! I've finally moved over to 2nd Tri! Good to see you all here!

Bless all you ill people!!! Hope you get better soon!!! x x x

Well ladies, I've caved in and booked a private scan for tomorrow morning! I sold my Nintendo DS and games as I don't play on it anymore and so I thought sod it and booked one with the money I made. I spoke to the lady on the phone and she sounded lovely and was cautiously optimistic that she'd be able to tell us the sex too! She said that of course it's not always possible at this stage, but she'll have a good look. I'd love to know, but to be honest It'll just be enough to see little beanie again, seeing as the sonographer at my 12 week was so crap and I only got to see the screen for about 30 seconds. So HOPEFULLY tomorrow we'll know which team we are on! :blue: :pink: Whoop! I can't wait to see baby again!

Optical- I know the feeling. I've spoken to people on the phone and then when I mention I'm pregnant, they come up with some reason why it's not suitable or it's not available any more. It's so crap as they are not allowed to discriminate, but they blatantly do. Problem is, it's so hard to prove! Fortunately the agencies I'm registered with are on my side and are pushing for work for me, so fingers crossed we'll get something soon.

xx

Good Luck Emzy!!!

Hope you find out! I cant wait...... x x x

Yay Emzy fab news on the scan, will be great to know whether another little one is a pink or a blue!!

Sorry to all you ladies feeling poorly, feel better soon!

Where are you getting it from Drazic?? Think I need to go and have a test push haha!!!

That and me not being well and sneezing and coughing baby is probably scared to move!
:lmao:

Ooooh limpets what did you buy with your "dinner money"
I bought chicken kebab meat & chips from my favourite award winning local :thumbup: it was super yummy!

Oooh very nice rocker MrsJ08! My parents have bought my travel system, they got it (found by me) off ebay, it had only been used a handful of times so it's virtually brand new & had tons of extras - works out much cheaper & there are so many out there with little use.

MamaBird my parents bought me a Jane travel system (it's a spanish brand - bloomin hard to locate over here!!!) - the Nomad chassis with Matrix car seat combo (you can choose your frame & car seat etc) i like it because it's the only car seat in production that as well as sitting up, also lie's completely flat for long journeys/shopping trips hehe (our families live other ends of the country - we're in the middle lol). I got the limited edition cherry colour - a fab red & green reversible combo - love it love it love it!!!!!

Brownsie - i have a friend selling her mothercare spin as she didn't like it. Only used it twice if your interested?

opticalillus5 - i fear giving birth too, i'm planning as far as getting to the hospital then it's over to someone else :haha: i have a terribly low pain threshold. I wanted an epidural as i fear something going wrong & me needing a c-section, if i didn't have an epidural already in place by this stage they would give me a general anaestetic (like the woman from one born every minute this week) and that would just devastate me.......either parent not being there when bubba comes out into the world! But then my Mom swears that the epidural she had when she had me was what triggered her sciatica :nope: oh the dilemma!
Apart from mt nightmare happening to someone else on the show it's really quite a good programme to watch, i find myself chuckling away at it every week.

Aww Carley :hugs: hope your feeling better soon hunny xxx

Well i've been baking cakes again all evening heehee, strawberry cream cupcakes & lemon buttercream sponge. We're going for dinner at our friends & i offered to take dessert :happydance:
Looking forward to tomorrow, i get my hair done at 9am (stoopid bloody time to be out of bed but still) then a makeover at Urban Decay then onto our friends, staying at in-laws tomorrow night ready for dinner with them sunday before they go over to Ireland for a few months then back home again. Phew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->