****September Stars!!****

Limpetsmum we had a Jane Powertrack 3 wheeler with matrix system 6 years ago and it was fab. The car seat is in the loft and the pushchair is still going strong. I love it for my dog walking and stuff. It's so easy to push. I am looking around for a replacement now, as although I have a BebeConfort Loola with all the extra for Jack (and new baby!), but the Jane is the business!! I love the colour you've chosen too.

Saturday morning and the kids are fighting already. Hmm a long day ahead methinks.

Becs - You know how I mentioned my MIL has put herself in charge of pushchairs? The shop is where she lives in Milton Keynes. There must be a decent pushchair shop around here though, at least in Norwich?

https://www.babykit.co.uk/ - found this place but they don't have the blooming Oyster!
https://www.babylandnorwich.co.uk/sections/6_babyland_find_us/

Limpetsmum.. I've started thinking more about the birth as well. I read Mylene Klass' book a month or so ago and she had an epidural and said it was so easy but then again I've heard it can cause complications. My sister spoke to me about her labour recently and basically said it's all about focus. You have to focus during each contraction and not see it as pain but as a massive urge to get the baby out. She told me (and she has a long labour) that there were times when she lost her focus and panicked but she soon regained it and it was fine. I think I'm going to just see how it goes as like you I have a low pain threshold and I'm worried it's all going to be too much for me. At the same time, I really want to do this for my dh.. not sure if that makes sense? He's done so much for me during this pregnancy that I want to do my bit.. that sounds a bit weird doesn't it?! lol. Anyhoo... the other thing I've heard about is hypno-birthing. It's along the same lines as what my sister told me and you basically go in to a trance. I've heard it's pretty effective. A friend of mine is going to loan me some books and CDs. You can have a course but it's blimen expensive. x

Ooohh Emzy I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to find out what team you're on. Good luck! x

Hi everyone :) I too seem to have developed a cold, feel very poorly this morning! I can't even blame my DH for it as he's been away! Must be all those snotty kids at school!!

Emzy good luck for your scan, I hope it goes brilliantly and can't wait to see what flavour baby you're having!

Good luck Emzy!

Sorry you are all getting colds, I am just beginning to feel human again. Colds during pregnancy SUCK!

I am going to do a hypnobirthing course locally. It's £140 for all of the lessons, the CDs, books ect. I think that is pretty good as some places people are being quoted over £300! Its money we don't have, but we will probably go for it instead of a late scan.

Drazic I keep meaning to go and have a look at Babyland!! Must take a trip up there with hubby, need to have a push around to see whats going to be best for us and what we need it for lol!! There are just so many to choose from!

Labour is a very daunting experience as you can imagine, but when it happens you realise this is it...the most amazing time when you finally get to meet little one.
My labour was 10 hours (which I thought wasn't too long!) and yes it was the worst pain ever!!!....but I wanted to give it a go naturally with just gas and air.
There was a point my contractions stopped during pushing and I was put on a drip and so I ended up pushing for 1h 50mins.....I didn't think I could do it...

But I did, with just gas and air and gave birth to my son Chance who weighed 8lb 14oz!!
I felt 'proud' of myself IYKWIM.

I'm hoping for the same this time round but I am open to pain relief if I need it. Many of my friends and have had epidurals and said it was the best thing ever...but can make labour longer. I think its best to see what happens at the time.

But ladies....we all get through it somehow and at times it feels like we won't! Have a birth plan but be ready to change it if needs be.

Sorry about this pointless post, but thought some of you might want to a little labour story to read!!! xx

Wow Drazic that is a great price! Where is that course? Thanks Teeny x

i agree with teeny weeny.

i have a low pain threshold too and went into the labour room with an open mind. I was induced so i knew it was coming lol. I was induced at 7pm and was uncomfortable straight away but nothing too bad and by midnight i had codeine that didnt really do much then at 3am i had pethidine i dont know if this helped the pain as such but it did help me sleep between contractions. By 7am i needed to push and to be honest i was concentrating so much on pushing i didnt notice the pain so much. By 7.31am my baby Jayden had arrived by 8am i'd had a bath and was walking to my new room lol.

I think getting up and walking as soon as you can helps you to heal though it made it so much easier although i was lucky our hospital allows dads in all day and all night so i always had him there to help and because iw as doing fine i was home by 11pm the same night.

Wow Drazic that is a great price! Where is that course? Thanks Teeny x

Norwich. The woman seems lovely too. We were booked in last time and obviously that wasn't meant to be but hopefully this time. It's these people - https://www.norwichhypnobirthing.com/?page_id=11

You get 13 hours of teaching too, so I don't think that is too bad if it works out at less than a tenner an hour and you get all the books and CDs too. :)

That sucks, we could of gone together! We are far from everything, it blows.

Limpets mum i have a jane slalom (sp) and its fab!! I got the travel system and the car seat was amazing cos it lay down :thumbup:

Drazic thats SO good!!! Our Hypnobirthing is in the £300 :cry: Its freaking expensive here!!

I found with Labour is not to let the pain take hold of you dont let it take over keep focus and remember that each one is bringing you closer to your baby. As soon as i went into labour i went out mucked out stables and then i went out to MILs and made full breakfast :wacko: Then went home watched DvD and 2 hrs later she was born...i was all on my way to Tescos also :dohh: Also HUGE tip is to stay at home as long as you can!!

blob you're like superwoman!!!! i definately agree with stay at home as long as possible, once the contractions start i was hoping to go for a nice walk around the grounds of a nearby statley home with the dh to get my mind off it all.... have some food, maybe watch a movie, then go to the hospital and have a long bath (we only have a shower at home or would have done it here) then pop my LO out and go home.... i have opted for a birthing pool with gas and air...

The entire plan may change on the day though!!! LOL

Hi ladies

The scan was amazing!! Our little bean was jumping around, standing on it's head and kicking it's little legs everywhere! And the sonographer is pretty sure that............ it's a GIRL!! :pink::pink::pink::pink:I am so excited! Obviously she couldn't be 100% sure but she was pretty sure it's a girl and we'll get them to confirm it at our 20 week scan :cloud9:

Anyway here is a piccy for you all to see

xx

Attachments

• BARNES_7.jpg
    BARNES_7.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 13
CONGRATULATIONS i bet you and matt are well chuffed.......

cute pic too hasn't she grown!!!!

Hi ladies

The scan was amazing!! Our little bean was jumping around, standing on it's head and kicking it's little legs everywhere! And the sonographer is pretty sure that............ it's a GIRL!! :pink::pink::pink::pink:I am so excited! Obviously she couldn't be 100% sure but she was pretty sure it's a girl and we'll get them to confirm it at our 20 week scan :cloud9:

Anyway here is a piccy for you all to see

xx

:happydance::happydance: congrats!!! lovely scan pic, so cute!

hope all you lovely september stars are having a good relaxing weekend! xxx

Awwwe! Lovely picture!! Congrats Emma on the little pink bundle!!

xo

Does anyone else think that the numbers of pregnant women there are walking around in tesco or asda or anywhere are surreal....... everywhere i go i see pregnant women and newborn babies..... i keep saying to my OH she's gunna meet her baby before me :cry:

aww i just cant wait to hug my LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->