****September Stars!!****

Hey Ladies!!!

I have not read all the pages I have missed!!! I would be here still reading in labour LOL!

FAB bump F&C!!!

100% found the bubbas HB today, it's taken me WEEKS to finally say that with confidence, but i'm over the moon!
Also find out sex on Thursday, CANNOT WAIT!!! Keep dreaming about it, sometimes not nice dreams, but at least I know all is ok now, just can't wait to see baby again.

Anyway, take care you lot!

x x x

I work in a hospital and think that medical staff treat you like a piece of meat sometimes as they have seen it all before. At our hospital this is getting better but I hate the way that you get spoken down to or humiliated without cause. It makes me so angry that people are so bloody rude!!!!

Cazza!! So nice to hear from you. Just wanted to wish you all the very best and us September Stars (even though I'm a fake one) will have everything crossed and will be watching out for that BFP! Make sure you let us know how you get on at your appointment chick x

Cazza :hugs: Hope the results give you some answers!!

F&C OMG fab bump :happydance:

Hello Ladies!

I haven't said much but just caught up on all those pages, you are sure a chatty lot!
I am very sorry to hear of the bad mw experiences. I don't see a mw here so I don't know if there are different rules they must follow. I do have to say though that I am a certified nurse here in California and its actually against the law (patients rights act) to not provide all the information they gathered and keep you well informed so not sure if there is anything like that there, either way I couldn't imagine someone so bitchy staying in that job.

I have been suffering from terrible headaches that seem to never end. Had hubbys birthday on Saturday and spent the entire day running around and feel as though I am just now catching up on my rest, it really took a lot out of me.

Having a bad morning sickness day today. Lost my lunch already and keep gagging randomly at nothing.

I am 15 weeks tomorrow and swear I am feeling little movements. This is my first pregnancy though so is it way too early? I really don't know what else it could be but it makes me happy anyway.

Have my next doctors appointment on Thursday and pretty sure I am getting blood work done. I was reading about different genetic tests they do and was wondering if anything had to have any special tests done. I ask because my hubby is Jewish and I guess there are special tests because of that but I don't know how that works, would they have to test his blood as I'm not Jewish? I have to ask the doctor but thought maybe someone had experience here.

longer post then I thought it would be lol have a great day!

OK...first of all Emma I was so worried after reading your post on facebook...I rushed to bnb to read the whole story (I figured you'd fill us in). I was so angry and scared for you reading your post I was close to tears!!:cry: Some PEOPLE!!! Urgh!!!:gun: BUT...I'm happy you and baby are doing great and that the scare was nothing major! And good for you for making that complaint! :thumbup:

And ANN!!! Woah!!! Fishy has done a lot of growing in the last week!! I can't believe your bump!! It's amazing!!:happydance:

Sorry to hear about the other bad days. :-(

And Cazza...I think all our fingers are crossed for you to get your :bfp:

Not much to report here! I have my second MW appointment tomorrow morning at 11am...so hopefully nobody goes into labour and I actually get to see my MW. I just want to hear Beans hb again. I haven't been feeling as much movement as I'd like even though it's early still...so hearing the hb would reasure me. Keep you all posted!

xo

Good evening ladies!
I just sort of skimmed through as much as I could to catch up.
Congrats on Team Pink, Drazic!
Not a nice midwife story at all, Emzy. I am really glad that you are putting in a complaint. Even if she was just having a bad day, that behaviour was unprofessional and caused unnecessary and undue stress to you. Not acceptable.
I got off work a bit early to get the rest of my first tri testing done (my GP left out a bunch of stuff from my intial routine bloodwork). It was a pain to have to go back to the lab, but I actually enjoyed myself! It was "me" time! Man, if I'm considering waiting in a medical lab as "me" time after one kid, what will I be like when this next one arrives? :dohh:
Ah, motherhood! :)

Gorgeous bump, Fishy! I still have nothing remotely bumpish at 16 weeks, so hoping I suddenly 'pop' too!

I realise that I seem to spend half of my time moaning that I don't have a bump - and I'm sure in a few months from now it's be massive and I'll be wishing it wasn't :haha:

I have my 16wk midwife appointment this afternoon - hope I can listen to the heartbeat (I have my own doplper but still...).

Oh and it's my last pre-baby birthday today! Mostly having a lazy one. :sleep:

Fish&Chips ~ Wow! bumps really starting now.

Elphaba~ Good luck at your midwife appointment!

I'm 16 weeks today :happydance: and have my midwife appointment booked for 1pm today too. I hope she'll look for the heartbeat, I haven't got a clue how many bpm babys heart is yet.

Sorry to hear the nasty mw stories :hugs: good on you for complaining though.
Drazic congrats on a little girl!
F&C wow amazing bump!
Finally reached the 14 week mark here yay lol!

Nice bump fish and chips! I'm too fat to see any bumps!

So sorry to hear about awful midwives, I haven't had a bad experience as of yet but i'm not one to just listen to it anyway so it's quite good that I haven't had one!

Aww lovely a little girl Draizac :) You must be so pleased.

Well I decided to rent a doppler after seeing the midwife use one and hearing it kick and everything and I don't think I can find the heartbeat :( It is an LCD Hibebe one but the only heart beat i can pick up low down it tells me it is 80bpm which is basically mine! I wanted to hear it beat and kick and move around like on the midwife one, is hers loads better then mine?

You should be able to find it hun? Hibebe are good.
Have you looked all over? changing the angles etc?
xx

wow you chatter boxes.......

well im sorry about the horrid MW's they need a good talking to!!

Finally my annual leave has come round and i now have 2 weeks off YIPEE.... so the OH went off to work this morning and i slept in till 11.....heheheheheh

yey 16 weeks today... dont have my mw appt till next tuesday tho.. booo!

hope everyone is well today!

im feeling rather emotional today bleeding agian... consultant at hospital i was at when i lost evie advised me to have a course of anti biotics at 16 weeks in my next pregnancy as a precaution. Cause ive changed hospital they wont give me them so im going out of my mine. I'm so upset i just want my course of antibiotics to at least make me feel like ive done something iykwim?

xx

Yeah I looked for ages, but I am a bigger girl so maybe its that, I don't know. Bit sad.

oh amy keep happy thoughts, can you not go back to that consultant?

Aw Amy hun... I know how you feel - it's awful isn't it, so worrying and unfair. I so understand you wanting to feel like you're doing something - the wait is terrible not being able to do anything at all. What would the antibiotics be for? My bleeding has stayed stopped (for now), so fingers crossed yours will go away soon too. :hugs:

Emzy - Your experience sounds terrible! They really should have had the lady in prem labour in a private room - it's so distressing for you to hear, especially as you're so worried yourself. And the Midwife's behaviour was appaling! Good on you for making a complaint. So glad everything is ok with your bub :hugs:

F&C - your bump is lovely! Can't wait for mine; I just look fat atm.

Happy Birthday Elphaba!

Cazza... It's lovely to hear from you again; so hoping your results are good ones, and you get a nice strong :bfp: soon!

I haven't felt much movement at all yesterday or today, even though I felt quite a bit Sunday. I'm guessing bubs has moved position, gonna get my doppler out in a bit though just to check! ;)

antibiotics were a suggested precautionary measure as that was the only thing that showed up at evies post mortem... infection x

Big hugs Amy, I hope the bleeding stops. Can you get in touch with old hospital and ask them to contact new one maybe?

I had a bit of a panic this morning. Went to the MW appointment and all seemed fine until she began the heartbeat hunt and couldn't find it. She searched around for what seemed like about 15 minutes and could find everything but the HB. Placenta sounds, what sounded like kicks, my guts! But no baby. So she sent me up to the hospital. Panicking like mad!
When I got there the second MW scared me as much by saying that if she couldn't find it straight away she had arranged a scan. Anyway, within a minute she heard something and then was chasing it around for the next 5! It seems I have a little wriggler in there, who keeps hiding away in hard to get to places! Panic over. I was quite relieved how high my uterus is, belly button level already!

So now I am at work and trying to focus on work, not my belly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->