****September Stars!!****

Morning ladies - wow!!! It's just taken me FOREVER to catch up and add you all on F/book - hopefully i've got everyone now and haven't sent requests out to a zillion randomers...

Congratulations on all the gender news since I last read - yey! Team pink is def looking strong.

19 weeks already ladies - that's fab. I've got my 20 week scan on 26th - only 20 days to go :)

So glad to hear most of you have had a good easter; mine has been a mixed bag. I tried to come off my antidepressants and... well... let's just say that it didn't work very well. I was fine for the first few days and then I crashed and spent most of Sunday crying and saying that I didn't want the baby or OH. I felt exactly the same when I had post-natal depression with Emma 4 years ago, and haven't felt like it since. It was so strange - to go from being 'normal' and so, so happy about bubs to being so low. I want this baby more than anything; it wasn't great. I took my tablets again straight away sunday and yesterday I went to the coast, had a great day, and was completely fine again. I'm going to tell my consultant about it, not sure what I can do now.

Amy - so sorry to hear about your bleeding again - Fx it's nothing to worry about. Are you on your antibiotics now? I'm on them at the moment for a UTI - great stuff.

xXx

Hi Hun

I can totally sympathise with the coming off antidepressants thing. I was on Citalopram a few years back and came off them in 2006. I had to 'wean' off them so went from 20mg, to 10mg, to 5mg- literally cutting them in half towards the end! Then I took one every 2 days, then every 3 days, etc til I finally stopped taking them. I had a terrible time coming off them and felt like a crazy woman, screaming and crying for about 2 weeks and I had a HORRENDOUS headache and the shakes for 2 weeks too. But eventually it wore off and I was fine. I didn't like being on them in the first place as they made me unable to emote... I felt like a potato!!... but they were what I needed at the time I guess. Are you trying to wean off? I think if you stop taking them all of a sudden your body goes into shock, especially if you are on a high dose and/or have been taking them for a while- called discontinuation or something. Maybe have a chat with your doc about weaning off onto a lower dose for a week or two, then very slowly weaning off them? xx

Hi Girlies

Hope you are all ok today. I had my first day at my new job today and although I am absolutely shattered I really enjoyed it! My job will be to organise and minute child protection 'conferences' which are basically meetings about children that need protection that involve the police, midwives, health visitors, schools, etc, parents and sometimes the children themselves. I got to attend a meeting today and it was really interesting, although it is very hard to hear what some poor children go through and the way some parents treat their children. However it is really nice to see social workers, etc who really really care about the children. The team I'm working with seem really nice and they're breaking me in gently as I'm shaddowing someone this week which is good as there is so much to remember! During the meeting this afternoon, I could barely concentrate though as baby was moving around so much! It was the most she has ever moved around and it was as if she was doing somersaults for 2 hours! I'd better get used to it as I can't be losing concentration when I'm meant to be taking minutes lol xx

Blimen hec Optical you poor thing. Hope you are feeling better now hun. And thanks for adding me on Facebook!

Mamabird, I am the same. I keep dreaming it's a girl but referring to it as a boy. I'll find out tomorrow though..

So place your bets! Is Fishy a boy or girl??

xx

Evening all!!!

Had a lovely day out, weather has been gorgeous, got up to 18!! We took the dog to High Lodge, its a forest place full of outdoor things!! Was lovely, had a picnic!! Then came home and completely gutted the garden and potted up my plants, finally sat down about 6.45pm!! I have just had a shower and now relaxing!! Bloody shattered I is!!!

Hello Again!

Had my 16 week check up (yep- I'm 16+6- but switched mid wives so it took a little longer to get an appt) with my mid wife today! :cloud9: It was very lovely! Got to hear the little peanuts heartbeat again- 148! We could hear the little nut wriggling around and kicking! As she was listening to the heart beat...she announced "148-well congrats on the BOY!" My DH eyes got as BIG as quarters and I think his chin hit the table- hahahaha! He looked at me grinning ear to ear. The mid wife had to reassure him that she was joking- and merely referring to the old wives tale that boys have lower heart beats than girls. DH said he knew that...but I really think she got his hopes up! :haha: So we booked our next visit with our mid wife...and our 20 week scan! 4 weeks and 1 day ( I will be exactly 21 weeks at the appt!!!) until we get to find out if Baby Blanchfield is a girl or a boy! :happydance: Geesh...that seems soooo far away! :dohh:

Fish and Chips I still stick by boy!! I will eagerly be awaiting the news tomorrow- what time is your appt?

Tonight I have a date with the ironing as I have so much uni work to do the rest of the week and 3 exams coming up for the end of this month through to next month! :-( No rest for the wicked I guess!! I had to take a break to de-head a pint of prawns for my son as he was adamant he wanted the shelled ones...i forgot he didn't know how to peel them himself!!! lol

Enjoyed the weather at my sisters today too and little one got to play with his favourite cousin so he is happy.

Hope you all enjoyed a good day. xx

Wow you chatty lot!! F&C good luck with the scan tomorrow im guessing girl.....

I also had my mw apt today and i swear she doesnt like me much!! lol although i am a bit overwhelming, she was asking me when i was due so that she could work out how far along i was so i interrupted and said i was 17 weeks today. she then got the doppler out and i told her that the hb was 154 and she was asking how i know this and i told her that we already had a doppler and she got funny with me like id taken the joy of it all away from her then she spent 15 mins trying to find the hb so i prompted that she should go down an inch and she did and there it was which i think peed her off a bit. OH WELL.

i dont see the point in going to the midwife all the time if i know all is well. does anyone else feel the same? it was a bit of a waste of time....

So after that i went out with MIL to mothercare and bought lots of cute little bits and xamyx we have decided to go with the theme of that rug you have so im very excited now i can start to plan bits yey!! so am going to see my mum tomorrow with the colour theme and she is going to make some crib bumpers, bedding and drapes yey.... its all very exciting.

now im at home with my OH and MIL watching family guy LOL....

Wow you chatty lot!! F&C good luck with the scan tomorrow im guessing girl.....

I also had my mw apt today and i swear she doesnt like me much!! lol although i am a bit overwhelming, she was asking me when i was due so that she could work out how far along i was so i interrupted and said i was 17 weeks today. she then got the doppler out and i told her that the hb was 154 and she was asking how i know this and i told her that we already had a doppler and she got funny with me like id taken the joy of it all away from her then she spent 15 mins trying to find the hb so i prompted that she should go down an inch and she did and there it was which i think peed her off a bit. OH WELL.

i dont see the point in going to the midwife all the time if i know all is well. does anyone else feel the same? it was a bit of a waste of time....

So after that i went out with MIL to mothercare and bought lots of cute little bits and xamyx we have decided to go with the theme of that rug you have so im very excited now i can start to plan bits yey!! so am going to see my mum tomorrow with the colour theme and she is going to make some crib bumpers, bedding and drapes yey.... its all very exciting.

now im at home with my OH and MIL watching family guy LOL....

Thanks! It's at 1.30pm GMT so I'll let you ladies know asap. I'm SOOOOOOOO excited!!! x

Ladies, I know you have all done this but on facebook I am Tina Simpson (photo of me and my son face to face). Can someone please add me and then i can work my way through adding everyone! I would love some bnb buddies on there, but as yet I haven't announced I'm pregnant just to let you know.

Thank you in advance. xx

Fish and Chips, placing my bets....boy.

Carley,
I feel a bit like that with midwife's my midwife i have to see Thurs, and i don't think she will be very pleased, she said i would need a blood test at 28 weeks bc my mum is diabetic, so i said she is only type 2 diabetic because she is obese and that is environmental not passed on, but she insisted, anyway i got a referal letter from the hospital and when i saw the doctor i questioned it, and he said exactly the same as me, that type 2 meant i would not need testing unless they saw sugar in my urine, so they have amended my notes and said not to do the blood tests, now my midwife seemed set on me having them, so i hope she doesn't look too closely at my notes!! Actually i have also had to scribble over my notes as she got loads of stuff wrong, i mean stuff like she put i was a smoker, and we discussed i didn't smoke, so what she was listening to i don't know, sure wasn't me!':haha:

Big waves and hello to everyone else, not being anti social but need to get myself and dd to bed, I keep saying early night and not getting them!

:hugs:

this pregnancy is making me ohhh so attractive :lol:

My skin is dry as hell and flaky with the exception of on my chest, where i could do dot to dot on my spot :dohh:

Hiya Im new to the site and stil trying to get my head round it.
Congratulations mummys to be!
Im due 25th :) xx

Fish and Chips, placing my bets....boy.

Carley,
I feel a bit like that with midwife's my midwife i have to see Thurs, and i don't think she will be very pleased, she said i would need a blood test at 28 weeks bc my mum is diabetic, so i said she is only type 2 diabetic because she is obese and that is environmental not passed on, but she insisted, anyway i got a referal letter from the hospital and when i saw the doctor i questioned it, and he said exactly the same as me, that type 2 meant i would not need testing unless they saw sugar in my urine, so they have amended my notes and said not to do the blood tests, now my midwife seemed set on me having them, so i hope she doesn't look too closely at my notes!! Actually i have also had to scribble over my notes as she got loads of stuff wrong, i mean stuff like she put i was a smoker, and we discussed i didn't smoke, so what she was listening to i don't know, sure wasn't me!':haha:

Big waves and hello to everyone else, not being anti social but need to get myself and dd to bed, I keep saying early night and not getting them!

:hugs:

yeah she put smoker on mine aswell even though we had a long conversation about how easy i found it to quit when i fell preggers.... some people just dont listen!!!!

A warm welcome Jessmckeiver!!

My widwife put me down as 5 ft 2...... i'm actually 5ft 6 (I made people measure me at work with tape measure as sure I was 5'6). I think they get bored booking in people and make up information to make it more interesting lol

I gave up smoking when I got my BFP, giving up was the easiest thing I laugh at all the years I struggled to give up, I should have just got my self pregnant!!

Amy - have you tried Bio Oil for your dry skin? I find it really helps me at the mo (on the expensive side though), cheaper option to try is The Body Shop Shea Whip body lotion... works a treat xx

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/CyanidexBarbie/Snapshot_20100321_42.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/CyanidexBarbie/Snapshot_20100406_28.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/CyanidexBarbie/Snapshot_20100406_10.jpg

I see a difference today! :happydance:

And for some reason the midwife also wrote on my notes that I smoke, even though I haven't had one cigarette since I found out I was pregnant and I told her that! weird midwifes :haha:

Ann, I'm betting that little Fishy is a little girly!!!
i can't wait to find out!!!!

hi girls how are we all?

iv got a really bad cough 2 the point i cant sleep !!!!! im off to the doctors 2day. i went to the emergancy doctor with it on sunday who said i couldnt have antibiotics cos im pregnant but as the pain in my chest is gettin worsr im goin to c my gp 2day

goodluck to all havin scans today

iv added a few of you on facebook i hope you dont mind ????

iv been feelin bumpy flutterin but havent felt anything for a few days but lst night i felt like lil poping sesations in my tummy wonder if it was bumpy im unsure ????

well i hope you all have a good day hope it stays dry iv got loads of washin 2 peg out lol

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->