****September Stars!!****

Hi everyone!
I haven't been on here in aaaages.. I was off work il again last week and we've been away visiting family since last Thursday so haven't had the chance.. just spent the entire evening catching up on about 40 pages of posts on this thread!

Congratulations on the new blue and pink babies! So jealous that you know already! Still waiting for the 28th, it's not coming round very quickly! Worse still, found the letter I had with the date and time of appointment on and realised that my scan is at 3.45pm not 3.30pm... that's like a whole extra 15 minutes I have to wait!!

Anyway, off to bed now but catch up soon! By the way, please add me on facebook too! I'm Louise Floyd on there and my pic is my 12 week scan photo!

Hey, what do you all think about this? i had a gender scan at 16 weeks 4 days and the woman scanning said "from the quick glimpses ive seen, i think its a girl" but when i looked at the toilet shots i saw more of a bulge than three lines and a lot of other people agreed. So I decided to email the place i was scanned to say that i wasnt sure they got the gender right and if they could view the pictures i provided and confirm it was indeed a girl.
They emailed back today saying "We aim to tell you exactly what your having, boy or girl, if you were told I think its a girl based on the few glimpses then we need to re-scan you.

I wouldnt worry about seeing any bulges, the anatomy of a baby on an ultrasound scan can look like all sorts to the untrained eye but as you have not been told 100% then we want to re-scan you"

now I feel like im being a complete b**ch by emailing them and im being a pain in the arse! i dont know if i dare go for the rescan incase they're funny with me for being fussy about the first scan. What dy'a reckon, would you ladies go for the rescan??

Hi everyone!
I have my scan on the 26th, so I'll be joining the big cluster of us getting another peek at baby that week! :)
Emzy - have you tried unsweetened cranberry juice? That really helped me when I had a (non-pregnant) UTI. Check with your doc first, but it really helps the urinary tract and should be fine to use with most antibiotics. Hope you feel better soon!
Bekklez - go have your scan and enjoy! They sound like they are just trying to give you customer satisfaction. I don't think you are being bitchy at all. You had doubts and their policy is that you are given a definite answer. Take them up on it and enjoy it!

Bekklez i would definately go for the rescan...any chance to see little one. If I had my NHS scan and was told a different gender I would be straight on the phone to the clinic demanding another one, you are entitled to get what you paid for sweetheart.

Only 13 days until my scan (22nd April) and I can't wait to see my little man. I don't have a doppler so it will be very reassuring to actually see him.

It looks lovely again outside, so I have just put some washing on (my exciting life!), and I guess it will be another day in the sunshine with my Moo (my son's nickname!!). He is then off to his Dads for the weekend :-( so I'd best enjoy him for the rest of today.

Enjoy the sunshine. xx

Morning everyone!

Bekklez I would definitely go back for the rescan! One because you get to see your little one moving around in there again FOR FREE!!! And two, then at least you will have confirmation of gender and not have to wait nervously for your 20 week scan! Yippee go for it!! x

Sounds like everyone is well apart from Emzy! Sorry hun, hope you feel better soon. We're all starting to feel some "movement" which is fab! I am pretty sure I felt the little one kick from the outside this morning but I can't be sure. I was lay in bed, hand on belly, and I was getting little flicks bottom left side. So I pressed a wee bit harder and I felt a big whack! So it must have either been baba or a big bubble of wind!

Happy 18 weeks Amy! I always remember your weeks as you're a day before me!! I am excited about 18 weeks tomorrow!!

I have already sorted out our weekly veggie delivery and put it in the fridge, and the washing is on the line! Today me and the boys are off to a friend's for lunch, and then later we will all go swimming and take the boys to ikea for tea. I am doing well this week, done 2 sets of 40 lengths so far and walked about 12 miles with the dogs I have worked out!! If I can do another 40 today I will treat myself to a cake from Ikea!! I think this week is a fluke though, next week when I'm back at work again I'll be too tired to bother again!!

Hey girls, quick nip in as i'm off out but hi. How are you all doing?

18 weeks today for me, my bump still seems to be AWOL though! Hubby felt LO kick last night :D

Erm yeah, gotta dash but wanted to say hi to you all!

xx

YEY - im am positive that at 5.01 this morning i felt the "flutter" that people have said about...... i was however semi-conscious and am slowly convincing myself that i may not have felt it but i am quite sure that im not playing mind games with myself!!! I felt it3 times and it was sooooo strange......

......so im a happy little bunny today!!!

Hope everyone is well and Emzy dont worry about work some will come along, just get rested and get rid of that darn UTI huni xxx

Oh and only 2 weeks and 4 days until my 20 week scan.... hehehe

Bek, deffo go for that rescan :) you'll see bubs again :happydance:

A week on tuesday to my 20 week scan and i'm having mixed feelings about staying team yellow! :blush:

I havent caught up on all the posts yet and am useless at responding to people all in one so expect more posts to follow :lol:

emzy definately try drinking loads of cranberry juice. When i was 8 weeks i had a UTI but i couldnt manage the antibiotics because they were making me sick so i drank a pint of cranberry juice a day for a week and it went!

I felt the first movements last night whilst i was laid in bed watching a film. Hubby was at work though so he didnt get to share my excitement lol.

Only 8 days till my gender scan YAY!!!

Hey girls,

Going to the midwife later, and I have worked myself up about it for some reason! I think it's just because of the possible diabetes, but her doppler scares me silly. I'll dopple before I go and I'll still be paranoid! She is less kicky today and yesterday too. Though it's still early days for all that. Sending :hugs: to you all -x-

Hope it went well hun, texted you dunno if you got it.

Hope your ok.. nearly half way :) xx

im no expert but i would have thought it was quite normal if you dont have a very wriggly baby anyway......

Morning all,
Feeling lousy this morning, really hot, and sick, I ate toast b4 i was sick and i tend to feel like this is i avoid the sickness, not sure which is better!

Bek, yes rescan!!! You are not being funny or anything, if they offered then take it, they are worried about getting it wrong and they promise to get it right so are just double checking for there sakes! :hugs:

Carley, I think i have felt things at sleepy times in the morning too, like you said you are thinking was it or wasn't it!
I am sure they will get more defined and more recognisable soon!! :hugs:

Teeny Weeny, not long til your scan then, I don't have doppler either.
The baby moves about and could have been in a place you could feel for a while but has moved, if they kick your insides you don't feel it til later on, then its weird! Don't worry hun, baby will move back and you will feel little kicks again xx :hugs:

Emzy, defo agree with Boony about the cranberry juice, I know its a bit different but i had constant thrush in one pregnancy and the doctor kept me on meds, i got so fed up with it i stopped the meds and tried cranberry juice mixed with natural bio yog every day, it makes a nice drink and the bio was dealing with the thrush, and i take it now if i think there is even a hint!
I think sometimes the natural remidies are the best!:hugs:

Lots of scans coming up!!

Got to go, need to move about and cool off!!

Hope everyone has a great day, waves to those i have not said hi to!!

:hugs: xx

Thank you girls for all the cranberry juice advice! I've always suffered with UTIs and used to take cranberry extract capsules every day which stopped me getting them at all. Then I stopped taking them a year or so ago and hadn't got one again until I fell pregnant. I have asked my hubby to pick me up some cranberry juice on the way home tonight and plan to drink loads over the weekend to help the antibiotics along! Thanks girls :hugs:

hi ladies how are you all, emzy i also have recurrent thrush its horrible, i ended up in hospital last week because of the bleeding i keep having , baby is fine its me whos the problem lol, i got a scan baby is well and i have a new due date again of 28th august , ill just stay here if thats ok :hugs: ill need to put scan pics on, i also have a scan on wed to check baby as last time was an emergency scan hope you are all well and good luck with the scans that are comming :):) xxxx

Get well soon Emzy, i know how awful water infections can be! :hugs:

And Apaton, hope you're feeling better too :hugs:

hi ladies how are you all, emzy i also have recurrent thrush its horrible, i ended up in hospital last week because of the bleeding i keep having , baby is fine its me whos the problem lol, i got a scan baby is well and i have a new due date again of 28th august , ill just stay here if thats ok :hugs: ill need to put scan pics on, i also have a scan on wed to check baby as last time was an emergency scan hope you are all well and good luck with the scans that are comming :):) xxxx

Ohh due same day as me! I stayed here as well though :happydance: Thrush is not nice at all, you totally have my sympathies! Glad baby is ok and hope all is ok at the scan on Wednesday. Is this your 20 week scan? Mine is on Monday, can't wait! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->