****September Stars!!****

I love decorating!!! So satisfying!!!! Shame we live in army housing so we only paint!!!

hi ladies hope you are all well :),
emzy - im glad your scan went well even thought he man was rude :(, i didnt get the downs test either, hope i dont get a mean person :hugs:
blob and amy - sorry to hear about your bleed its very frightening :hugs: xxx

Hi ladies

Emzy - I cannot believe how rude the sonographer was to you. I honestly think that you should complain. I know that government guidelines are such that if you have a high BMI people think they have a right to comment on it, but that is way out of line. I was given a hard time about my BMI at my first MW appointment and have to see the doctor at 22 weeks - probably for another telling off. I wouldn't mind but I've got low blood pressure and low blood sugar so at the moment I'm no more at risk than the average person. At the end of the day if the sonographer ticked the boxes to say he had seen everything he had no right to make a comment. As you said your previous scans have been perfectly clear so it seems to me as if he was just using the situation as an excuse to insult you. Unfortunately, some people never quite grow out of the playground tendency to do that sort of thing however old they get. If they feel their position gives them some sort of moral high ground they are even worse. I am beginning to wonder whether some sonographers have a problem with telling people the sex of their child. A few people have posted about negative experiences when enquiring about the babies gender? I must admit at my 12 week scan the sonographer was nice enough but not exactly the life and soul of the party. My DH tried to engage her a couple of times but she wasn't interested in talking to us - I just put it down to the need to concentrate. I'll see how it compares at my 20 week scan.

I am off to see the MW this afternoon she said she would fit me in at short notice when I called her this morning to check the drop-in times. I gave her a call on Saturday because I've been feeling quite down, having lots of nightmares about the baby that have been really quite distressing and worrying about the fact that I don't think I'm feeling movements. Everyone seems really dismissive of my anxiety including my DH and my Mum so I'm hoping that the MW will give me some sympathy!

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Mrsj08 - Hope your midwife can give you some piece of mind and sorry to hear you've been having anxiety and nightmares :(
I'm sure you'll be fine and babs will start wiggling around in there soon :hugs:

I've suffered with generalised anxiety disorder and slight bouts of depression from the age of 13(now 21) and I've found things really difficult over the years, sometimes i wouldnt go out for months.
I've been a bit anxious over this pregnancy aswell, but my main worry is my mental health after the birth, sometimes I work myself up so I can't sleep then I have panic attacks for days until I calm down again.
My mum had puepural psychosis and manic depression after she gave birth to my brother and my cousin had PP too. I'm terrified that I'm going to get Peupural Psychosis too when my LO is born and do something awful. One of my biggest fears/anxietys is losing grip with reality and "cracking up" and not being in control of myself so that's really worrying me!

Anxiety sucks :(

hey girls, no way I can catch up on things but hoping everyone is okay :hugs:
Seems like a few people are finding out the sex now - exciting stuff!
Had my 16 weeks appointment today - all is well with us :thumbup: Just a trace a blood in my urine sample though - so have to send off as ?UTI. Think the sample may have been contaminated though. Anyone else had this?
Work situation is not good for me at the moment - I am seriously considering quitting, and if we had the money, I would do it right away! That was their suggestion when I said I wasn't coping well with long shifts anyway - you can always quit. Charming.

heya everyone - i was just wondering how often you have seen your midwife since booking? As I havent atall -im not too bothered as im fine - but I just worry for other people in my area who are having problems!

Hope your all well!!

xxxx

hey girls, no way I can catch up on things but hoping everyone is okay :hugs:
Seems like a few people are finding out the sex now - exciting stuff!
Had my 16 weeks appointment today - all is well with us :thumbup: Just a trace a blood in my urine sample though - so have to send off as ?UTI. Think the sample may have been contaminated though. Anyone else had this?
Work situation is not good for me at the moment - I am seriously considering quitting, and if we had the money, I would do it right away! That was their suggestion when I said I wasn't coping well with long shifts anyway - you can always quit. Charming.

Thats nice of your work, idiots!

Hi everyone! Sorry to hear that some people are not having a very nice time of it at the moment... Emzy, I would definately make a compaint about that man, there was no reason to say the things he did, it didn't benefit you or him in any way!

Amy and Blob I'm sure everything is ok, positive vibes being sent out your way!

Becs, what are you taking?! You seem to be houseworking like there is no tomorrow! I just cannot get motivated to do things like that, I'm rubbish! My hubby is a clean/tidy freak though and loves housework etc and can't sit still so while he's home he's catching up on it all for me!

We had a moment of weakness and bought an angelsounds doppler off ebay on saturday,,,, just waitin for it to arrive now, can't wait! But DH also rented one from hi baby which arrived today and we found the heartbeat, woo!! I think baby was sleeping again though as there were no movements like there were at the MW appointment.. I think we have a very sleepy baby! At my 12 week scan it didn't move at all, only raised its arm when the sonographer kept on prodding to try to get him/her to move!

Happy sunny thoughts to everyone on this lovely day! I love school holidays! x

God reading these some people are just so damn rude....... Mrs Jo8 hopefully you'll find something else, theres no point working for people like that...... Emzy if i were closer id be on my way to Bolton Hospital now to have words with our little friend.... the bloody cheek!!

Hopefully you'l be fine bekkles, you must remember that with conditions like that you can end up making yourself like it if you think theres a chance, its half condition half psychological... remain calm and happy.... you and LO will be wonderful!

Happy thoughts people we have babies to keep calm!! Luv you all !!xxxxxx

Oh my goodness, you ladies have been up to so much today. Well, I have just awoken from a 2 hour nap..oops!!! I'd best get showered and enjoy the rest of this sunny day. xx

Well my banana cake is now out of the oven and it smells gorgeous!!!!! Can't wait to have some with a cuppa later!!!

hi all!!

I am feeling a good bit better now. I washed all the babies things! I cant beleive how much there was!! 2 and half loads!! wow!!!

thats lots!!!! i really need to wash the baby stuff but the cats keep getting near it so may wait till nearer the time.... :sad:

wow thats loads of stuff! we've only got a couple of sleepsuits and a couple of babygro's? I don't know what the proper names are for the ones with arms/without arms, it's very confusing lol!

I cant believe it either!! 1 load was clothes and the 2nd was some clothes and blankets!!

We don't even know if the baby is a boy or girl yet so all the stuff is white, cream, lemon, some multi colored stuff like polka dots. But mostly white vests and baby grows. Cause you really cant have too many of those!! lol
There are wee socks and hats and scratch mits. Jackets and snow suits. grow bags and moses basket sheets. I have not put the towels in yet tho.

DH and I did some visiting last week and we came back with bags full of things! My sister gave me a bin liner full of 6months vests and sleepsuits, and she has another bin liner full of 0-3 for me too! My mum and aunty have knitted a big bag full of baby clothes too, cardies, jumpers and blankets etc, they are all very very cute and not old fashioned at all thank goodness! Just need to buy some girl/boy outfits and going out outfits nearer the time methinks! My mum has also given me a bag full of toilettries for baby, not going to have much left to buy!

Becs are you using an army issue cot? We are going to use one till Wayne gets back from Afghanistan, they only issue brand new cots and mattresses so seems silly not to, then when he gets back baby will be about 6 months ish so we can deck out the nursery with a cute cotbed and furniture etc with his bonus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->