****September Stars!!****

It's in the front of my stomache, underneath, all around and hurts there when I move/walk, also pain/aching in my lower back. pelvis and hips. It doesn't hurt when I'm sitting down and still it just hurts everytime i move and especially when im walking. Getting a feeling it might be the start of PGP/SPD :dohh:

Anyway, i feel like all i've done so far this preg is worry and moan so big apologies to you all!

Congrats to all the ladies reaching 20 weeks now and good luck to all of you who've got your scans soon. Hope you all see happy and healthy little babies :)

I think girl for you too Louise! :)

xxxx :hugs:

Hi ladies

Good luck for your scan tomorrow Louise.

I hope everyone is well? I have overdone it a bit today and my hip is playing up so I'm sat here with the heat pad on to try and ease it. Well I've got a tiny bit of good news - I went to see the dietician/nutritionist today. My midwife insisted on referring me because my bmi is a little high and the nhs are obsessed with weight these days. Anyway, I have lost 3kg (6.6lb) since my 9 week appointment. I know it doesn't sound a lot but I've been eating healthily and I think that's pretty good considering most "normal" people have started gaining weight by now. I think my bump must have popped this week too as two complete strangers started asking me about my bump in the street. I was worried that as I'm a size 18, it wouldn't be so noticeable but obviously I have been worrying unnecessarily. I think in part it may be because I am carrying this baby high and all at the front which makes it a bit more noticeable.

Amy - given all you have been through with Evie I'm not surprised you have are wavering on the yellow bump front. I can't imagine how you feel and how difficult it must be so I'm not going to witter on. The one thing I can do is send you a :hugs:

I've been looking at prams again - I really can't decide what I want because I'm being super fussy about the carrycot and refuse to spend a ridiculous amount of money. I thought I had decided on the iCandy Apple but we went to look again the other day and DH prefers the Britax B Smart 4. They do pretty much the same thing but the Britax is considerably cheaper. Aggggh I thought I'd really enjoy buying the pram but I'm just finding it ultra confusing.

My friend is a breast feeding tutor so I've been asking her which breast pump to buy, so I thought I'd share her advice. The pump she recommended was the Avent Manual Breast Pump. According to her it's more effective than the electric ones they use in the hospital. Anyway, I decided to go with her recommendation and managed to get it for £14.99 in Mothercare instead of £29.99 as they are currently half price! I bought an Avent Electric Steriliser too which was £22.49 reduced from £44.99.

Have a nice evening everyone xx

Good luck for your scans tomorrow Louise and Brigitte! Beautiful name choice Louise.

Happy weeks Brigitte as well!

Bekklez, I agree with Louise. Sounds like you're stretching. Hope the pain goes soon. I found out that the pain I was having was sciatica :( x

Its so exciting that people are finding out what they are having!!!

my nephew is sebastian. I never liked the name to start with but he definately suits it now!!

I really like the name Sebastian, as a teacher I can tell you that in my experience it's not very common at all but the 2/3 Sebastian's and 'Seb's' that I have met have been lovely!

Thank you everyone for your guesses and kind words, only 14 hours to go! Woo!

I think it's currently between Sebastian, Elliott, Ethan or James. Ummm.. choices choices

Hehehe I like Sebastian or James best personally, although I know it has absolutely nothing to do with me!!

We have got just one name for each now, Lillia Rose for a girl (I like repeating myself!:wacko:) and Benjamin Robert for a boy :)

But I'm sure when I know what it actually is, I may change my mind completely!

Our other names were Sophie and Harry... but nearly all the Harry's I know are naughty!! Hehehe.... plus it is becoming really popular.. I've always really loved the name Ben though :)

I loved the name Benjamin but my dh's good friend has the same name so he said nope. x

We have a boys name all sorted, its always been Sam David, for a girl we really like Hope, as the past 12 months hope us got us both through a very difficult Afghan tour and losing a good friend and finding out we were pregnant was like the cherry on the cake. The middle name has always been Ian's Mums name as she passed away when he was 18, and that it Alethia.
I like traditional names!!

Good evening everyone!

F&C I love all your name choices. I know a lovely Ethan! Love James, Elliott and Sebastian though, lovely names.

Love your name ideas too Louise. My friend at work has just become a nana to a "Ben" and he is so beautiful and I am loving that name now!

It's so exciting all these upcoming scans! I am still for team yellow for us, but am going to have to be really strong on scan day to not cave in and find out!! Amy, I totally get why you've been wanting to stay team yellow so far, but FX everything will be fine this time and it won't matter whether you find out or you don't. :hug

I think my bump has "popped" this last couple of days. I can feel that it's hard all the time and is getting uncomfortable when I sit with my knees too high, if that makes sense! I think I actually feel properly preggers now!!

I have had something really funny happen today. My friend (who is due 5 days before me) called me on my mobile, but I missed the call and she left me a voicemail. She said she had a friend who worked in the media who was doing an article on pregnant women, but that she needed someone for this Saturday morning, and she couldn't do it herself so she had given this woman my contact..... Anyway, half an hour later this woman called me..... turns out she is the producer of a Saturday morning radio show on BBC radio Manchester! I have now been lined up to go on air Sat morning in the Arndale Centre in Manchester, with a stylist who is going to take me round the shops trying stuff on and giving me style hints and tips for pregnancy! Apparently it should just be a good laugh and a bit of a pamper!! How fab is that? So my mum will look after the boys so I can get out for the morning! I am really excited!!!!

Oooh so jealous Asher, that sounds like great fun! Do you get to keep any of the clothes?

It sounds good doesn't it!? I'm not sure if I'll get any freebies, but it would be fab if I did!! Could do with some clothes!! I'm up for a bit of a pamper though!

Asher that sounds wonderful!

Becs, I LOVE Alethia! I have never heard it before and what a lovely reason for the name :) We have Robert as a boys middle name as it was Wayne's (DH's) grandad's name, he died when Wayne first joined the army and as he was in basic training he wasn't allowed to go to the funeral :( They were very close as he was a military man aswell and was always very proud of Wayne :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->