September Stars

I feel abit emotional, one of my friends on fb had her baby this morning. It just reminded me how quick time is passing and how much Hope has changed, I know she is still little but she is not newborn anymore!! I would quiet like time to slow down a bit!

We had a lovely indian tonight, had a lovely bath and now relaxing. Little lady is fast asleep so all is good xx

Yea its mad they grow up so fast, on the one hand i looooove the baby bit and the smell and everything. But then also i love when they are trying to walk or like Tabs learning new words and new things everyday. Every stage is great :cloud9:

But iam broody again.... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I miss being pregnant and the feeling of growing a new life.

I'm loving this stage actually. Much more than when he was a newborn. He's so much fun and I love his little smiles!

Like Fishy said, I prefer Ellie at this stage now she's smiling and more interactive it's really amazing how they learn new things everyday.

I'm also broody again though! I'm waiting for my AF to start now and I'm sure it should have been here by now! but I have all the symptoms and I can't be pregnant because me and OH are being careful and have used protection when we DTD but part of me thinks what it'd be like to have another then I remember how hard it is looking after the tiny baby we've got!

Embarassing moment - anyone ever look in the mirror and puff their stomach out to see what it'd look like to be pregnant again or am I the only one? :rofl:
I think being pregnant and having a baby is the most amazing thing a woman will ever do and it's amazing how much stregnth and courage we have to get through it all, not only is pregnancy a very hard and emotional time aswell as being enjoyable and amazing but how we go through all the pain of childbirth and then want to do it again! we're all nuts!

I also got my secret santa stuff ready but I'm paranoid it's crap. :haha:

Thay do get more scrummy, I love all ages and stages, but about 18 months is just adorable, this little mini person, ooooooh gorgeous!!

Someone was saying about teats and moving on to a faster flow or not, I was thinking about it and my milk sprays all over the place, it comes out faster than Rosie can cope with it and she spits it at times, or the nipple comes out of her mouth and gets sprayed with milk!
I would say she doesn't have to work too hard to get the milk and if bottle feeding i would want the teat to replicate the breast as best as i could, and so a faster one that is easy to get the milk out!:thumbup:

Got to go, dh getting grumpy at me being on here, ok for him all day but MY kids need me!!:haha:

Ooo I also still read second and third tri regularly. I love seeing the bump pics and reading how everyones pregnancies are going!
I don't read first tri though, there's just so much sad news in there and it really upsets me :(

I'm loving this age too, it's so nice to have this gorgeous little person interacting with you and smiliing and laughing back. I love the newborn stage for the cuddles but it's so hard. It's nice now as there's some sort of routine going on. Also, as much as I know it's the end of an era, I am quite looking forward to the start of weaning as it's fun! And I know the two bigger boys are going to really feel more involved once Sam's sitting in a highchair and actually eating, not just feeding from me. It's all a fab time, and I am trying so hard not to wish it away.

My secret santa stuff is bought and I hope my baby and mummy like it! It shall be posted on Monday!

I am getting my secret santa stuff tomorrow, its so hard to know what to get, you wonder whether they have already got what you want to get lol!!

I was thinking that becs. Then I've wondered if what ive got is a bit too crap :s

Also. Do we get paired up the same? say if I got someone they get me too or is it all random? x

I should think its all random!!
I am sure what you have got is lovely xx

I haven't bought anything yet.. I'm going to go shopping on monday as I still have every single christmas present to buy still!

I had sad news the other day, a girl i used to work with at my previous school in Camberley died, she had breast cancer which spread. She was only 34, and had gotten married last year. It's so sad, she really helped me through my last few months at that school when I was being bullied out by senior management (they thought I was a 'failing' teacher because 'all I ever seemed to do was sing with the kids'... erm, I'm a music teacher.. it's on the curriculum!! Anyway, they made my life so difficult at work and at home (as mentioned before I lived in the school property, I was actually told at the end that if I handed my notice in they would let me stay in the house until the July, if I didn't they would evict me!!!!! nice place it was! I ended up depressed and stressed and went off sick. Anyway just wanted to drop in that ofsted came to my current school and I was one of only two teachers graded outstanding!!!!! Hee hee! Anyway, she helped me through all that. Her funeral is on Wednesday so I'm going to go along to that although I'm really nervous because all those horrible members of staff will be there. I'm going to go on from there to minehead to stay with wayne's folks for a few days seeing as I'm already halfway!

So I have to think what to buy, buy, and wrap before Wednesday! Argh!

I agree with the ladies who were saying how lovely this age is! I have loved it all so far but it seems to get better and better! Lilia is grabbing at everything now and it's all going in her mouth! The last two days I have noticed a massive change! She has pushed her toys around and pushed at the toys on her mat and chair, but now she is reaching out and grabbing and pulling them into her mouth! Two hands at a time sometimes!

In fact she loves chewing on everything, especially her hand, she has on occasion put her hand so far in her mouth she's made herself gag!!

Hi Ladies!

Not had a very good catch up but have skim read over the last few pages, you've been a chatty bunch today!!

Weaning... me and Matt decided to try Holly on some baby porridge and she really likes it! She's had a couple of spoons each evening for a few days now and tonight I even gave her the spoon and she put it in her own mouth!! I also gave her the end of my banana the other day as she was looking interested in it and she put it in her mouth and sucked on it a bit. It is a personal choice and people seem to get so het up about it, but I think you really do need to just pick up on your babies cues when it comes to weaning. By the way, fishy thank you so much for the info you sent me by email.

Also, I love this stage better than newborn too!! She is so interactive smiling and laughing and chatting and newborn for me = colic so I defo prefer now!! She's a little darling and I love spending my days playing with her!

I also totally miss being pregnant and SR, yes I puff my tummy out to look pregnant in the mirror too LOL! Mind you, I don't have to puff it out far!! I can't wait to TTC no 2!

Now, I haven't been able to sell the Santa's Little Helper Outfit so I was wondering if it would fit any of your babies and if so, would you like it for free? I would hate to see it go to waste and it won't fit Holly. It is 0-3 months and I have attached a photo. If you would like it PM me your address and it goes to the first person to PM me. I'd love for one of your babies to get some use out of it!

xx

Attachments

• santa.jpg
    santa.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 5
Had a laugh tonight with little Ben as he was sitting there with his daddy and started staring at his feet. He was staring for about 5 minutes and wiggling his feet at the same time which was really cute. He then reached out to grab the wiggling feet so think he has realised that he now has feet to play with as well as fists. I love it that he's also trying to talk to us and his little mouth is going ten to the dozen I'm sure he'll be a chatterbox like his big sister as she doesn't stop from morning till night!! He He. xx

Yay for Holly and the porridge Emzy! I think you'd know if she wasn't ready as she would be turning away from the spoon and not able to deal properly with what's on it.
I think I am going to aim for around Christmas Day to try Sam on something, as that's when he'll be exactly 4 months. If he's not ready then, fair enough.

Louise, that is sad news about your friend. Funerals are never a good thing, but especially when it's for someone so young. Good luck with your Christmas shopping too!

Blondie, Ben sounds a real little cutie!!

SisterRose, I reckon we'll all be really chuffed with whatever we get! I can't wait to get mine! It's a lovely idea!

Sam was in bed before 8, was up again at 4 for a feed, back down at 4.15 and is till there now! I don't know what's got into him. And I don't know how he is still asleep, because the dogs are bounding around for DH to take them for a walk, and Jack just really has no volume control at all. He shouts and screeches from the moment he is awake!

SR i wouldnt worry its exiting either way...

Ooooh should we put a clue inside so we have to guess who our SS is...? We did it with the nappy swap and was great fun :)

Louise :hugs: so sorry hun

Emzy sounds like she is ready, you're very close to 4 months some are ready faster than others.

I agree BTP 18 months is cute i love love it. Though Tabs now is funny she says 'no Rosalie, no kicking, naughty' and the new word 'dis gusting' :cloud9:

Yaaay Asher thats great, maybe he's growing?

Blob, Tabs sounds so cute!! I like your idea of the clue inside the SS too!!

Maybe Sam is growing yeah. He's in a fab mood again today after having a good sleep. And so am I! I really hope the good sleeping continues, reckon I deserve it after the 2 and a half year nightmare served up to us by Jack!! Fingers crossed! I don't think it can be a coincidence that for 3 nights on the row now he's slept for an 8 hour stint and woke at pretty much exactly the same time each night. I can hope hey?!!

go holly! Asher thats fab and James slept until 650 too after a very unsettled evening again, just dont know what is wrong he is sick and cries and just wont feed then! The sick is quite strange its water with like curdled lumps of milk in it, im wondering if he is one of many who have reflux and the acid is turning the milk iykwim!

Louise hold your head up high hun they sound like complete bullys and you are a much better person than they are! Sorry to hear about your friend that is so sad, i had a friend who died from cervical cancer in 2008 aged 23 left behind a 4 year old and an 8 month old! So sad x

Someone was saying about teats and moving on to a faster flow or not, I was thinking about it and my milk sprays all over the place, it comes out faster than Rosie can cope with it and she spits it at times, or the nipple comes out of her mouth and gets sprayed with milk!

I'm the same. Sometimes I'm not looking and then realise he's being sprayed in the face!! lol! He doesn't seem to mind too much though.

I had sad news the other day, a girl i used to work with at my previous school in Camberley died, she had breast cancer which spread. She was only 34, and had gotten married last year. It's so sad, she really helped me through my last few months at that school when I was being bullied out by senior management (they thought I was a 'failing' teacher because 'all I ever seemed to do was sing with the kids'... erm, I'm a music teacher.. it's on the curriculum!! Anyway, they made my life so difficult at work and at home (as mentioned before I lived in the school property, I was actually told at the end that if I handed my notice in they would let me stay in the house until the July, if I didn't they would evict me!!!!! nice place it was! I ended up depressed and stressed and went off sick. Anyway just wanted to drop in that ofsted came to my current school and I was one of only two teachers graded outstanding!!!!! Hee hee! Anyway, she helped me through all that. Her funeral is on Wednesday so I'm going to go along to that although I'm really nervous because all those horrible members of staff will be there. I'm going to go on from there to minehead to stay with wayne's folks for a few days seeing as I'm already halfway!

So I have to think what to buy, buy, and wrap before Wednesday! Argh!

I agree with the ladies who were saying how lovely this age is! I have loved it all so far but it seems to get better and better! Lilia is grabbing at everything now and it's all going in her mouth! The last two days I have noticed a massive change! She has pushed her toys around and pushed at the toys on her mat and chair, but now she is reaching out and grabbing and pulling them into her mouth! Two hands at a time sometimes!

In fact she loves chewing on everything, especially her hand, she has on occasion put her hand so far in her mouth she's made herself gag!!

So sorry to hear your news Louise. Big :hugs: I hope those nasty teachers feel embarrassed about the way they behaved. You could have sued the school for bullying!

Harry is also now reaching out for things and putting them in his mouth. I agree that he's grown up so much just in the last few days. It's incredible how quickly they change. He is so often full of smiles now and like Emzy, he was so colicy when he was little.

Weaning... me and Matt decided to try Holly on some baby porridge and she really likes it! She's had a couple of spoons each evening for a few days now and tonight I even gave her the spoon and she put it in her own mouth!! I also gave her the end of my banana the other day as she was looking interested in it and she put it in her mouth and sucked on it a bit. It is a personal choice and people seem to get so het up about it, but I think you really do need to just pick up on your babies cues when it comes to weaning. By the way, fishy thank you so much for the info you sent me by email.
xx

How exciting! I'm going to see how it goes but will definitely consider giving Harry a few bits in a few weeks time. He is constantly watching us eat with interest and he's needing to feed more regularly.

LLB Rosalie's sick always looks like that i think its partly her constant sucking ?

Is anyone else up for a clue in the SS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"