September Stars

Evening All :flower:

eee i'm excited about the Secret Santa! Its funny whoever mentioned they were worried that the baby might already have what you buy - i was doing a bit of facebook nosying and noticed that the baby i'm buying for had exactly what i was going to buy :haha: lucky i'm so nosy eh!! Now this is going to sound stupid but how do i send it? Its quite a big bulky parcel, do i just wrap it in that brown parcel paper and take it to the post office? :dohh:

Charlie-Jack has been being sick a lot after feeds for the past few days i don't know whats causing it but he is needing clothes changes constantly! I am winding him properly i think, hes just being very sicky??

To those who say there baby is reaching for things, i havent noticed Charlie-Jack doing it i don't think? He will hit the toys on his chair thing but doesn't try to grab things, should he be doing? He is 3 months old yesterday, what ages did your LO's grab things?

Asher, good news about Sam's sleeping :thumbup:

Louise, sorry to hear about your friend and those horrible bullies, just hold your head up high when you see them! :hugs:

Sorry i completely can't remember anything else :dohh: Hope all babies and mummies are well :flower:
xxx

Lilia has only been grabbing her toys for a few days, she's 3 months tomorrow... don't worry about it! I think that they'll each learn thing in their own order, for example some babies might take ages to roll over but grab at toys/smile earlier or something like that?

Thanks for kind thoughts ladies, it's been a very depressing day here for me, putting the christmas tree up and decorating it alone and knowing Wayne won't even get to see it was just horrible, I cried my way through it! Then I watched My Girl and cried a bit more!! Also he said he would try to ring today and he hasn't, he must be busy, so I'm a bit sad about that too! I've only spoken to him once since he went :( I have spoken to him on facebook a couple of times though. Argh I need to write cheerier stuff on here you lot must think I'm a depressing cow!!

Thanks for your views on weaning everyone :flower:

Me & OH talked about it last night & we are going to try to hold off untill he is 4mths (jan) then give him ago with some baby rice ect

with DD we waited untill she was 6mths (coz the HV said too) :dohh: dont listen to them anymore i tel ya! & she was far to hungry come 6mths & we had no choice but to switch to hungry baby milk so weaning was a nightmare! & took ages, dont want to make that mistake again!

BLONDIE you daughter sounds like mine she is a right little miss chatter box:haha:
Ollie is really intrested in his feet atm keeps looking at them then go's to grab them & changes his mind, so funny to watch!
He also loves telling his big sis storys soooo cute :cloud9:

Louise :hugs: sorry to hear about you sad news hun, will be thinking of you on wednesday :hugs:

Asher yay for Sammy pants, he doing fantastic with his :sleep: long may it continue!!

lilia Ollie dosnt grab toys yet he just hits them, each baby is different so dont worry about it hun he will do it when he is ready :thumbup: xxx

Time is flying by dont ya think?
it's hard to think i was pregnant nearly 1yr ago!! xxx

Oohh I have to tell you all..

Lilia hates tummy time! She always cries straight away, so don't tend to do it that much! Today though I put her on her tummy on her playmat, she started cooing away and doing crawling motions with her legs and a few minutes later she had got to the other end of her playmat!! It was so so funny, she was grunting and allsorts with the effort!

Evening gorgeous Mommas!!!!

Had a lovely day with the family, Hope is now fast asleep having a cuddle with Daddy, he is going to put her up to bed in a bit!! Just bottles to make then!!

Louise, sending you lots of love and hugs xxx Its a shite time of year for many reasons xx I am only on the end of that phone if you ever need a chat xx

Lilia, I am just going to wrap mine in xmas paper then again in brown paper!!

Hope grabs at her toys on her baby gym and really hold on to them, she has a firm grip!!

Louise Harry hated tummy time too but the HV recommended propping them up with a cushion until they get used to it. We've tried it with Harry and he seems much happier.

Have to say Hope isn't that keen on tummy time either, we prop her up and she doesn't mind it now, her little legs look like frogs legs, she really goes for it!!!

Hope nobody minds but I am finally getting around to adding everybody on FB !! :flower:

im very tired and stressed today Layla isnt well and is screaming loads and we went into town and it was a nightmare people shoving and glaring at me for having a buggy also the problem is the attention we get when we are out is constant everyone stares and comments oh its twins ect and lots want to talk about the girls what hard work it must be ect ect i sat feeding on a bench in the shopping centre and spoke to 6 people in the space of one bottle! of course its lovely having people say they lovely but sometimes i want to be invisible, sorry if im not making sense x

some days are hard im on the go all day and im scared if i admit that ill fall apart! sorry for going on.

on a happier note i got my secret santa sorted today it was lots of fun choosing im going to post this week .

Louise,
Your post brings a tear to my eye, I feel so sad for you missing Wayne s much, doing stuff all on your own, with your little girl, especially Christmas time.:hugs:xx

Rosie is only just over the 2 month mark, she doesn't grab she just boxes her gym toys, but she hates, and i mean really hates her hands being touched, not sure if that means she has sensitive hands or just is so private she feels its an invasion of her space! People tend to stroke baby's hands and she snatches hers away!

Well tree is up, we bought a live one, although technically its cut so not 'live'
We have a potted one in the garden but its a tiddler still!
It was £50 for a 6ft tree, but dh say's it is worth it, I beg to differ but it's all our christmas so we all have to be happy!
I can take it to be recycled which is good, they turn it into something useful, mulch or something, poor tree!:shrug:
My toddler is really into Christmas this year which is lovely, i want to take her to the Christmas lights service at the church we got married in, they give the children glo sticks to replace the candles and it's really nice!

Well time to go, half watching Xfactor, think Mary will be going home :hi:

Byeeeee xxxx

I thought Charlie-Jack was the only one who hated tummy time lol! He just lies there desperatly trying to lift his head and move bless him! He is being really sicky still this evening, i'm getting a bit worried now hes had 4 changes of clothes since 5pm, and his playmat has been in the washer, dried and back in the washer again! Poor baba :(

Louise , your post made me cry a bit :hugs: :hugs: thinking of you lots and you should be so proud of your brave man x x x

Sorry for making some of you a bit teary, I'm fine most of the time just sometimes gets to me and thats when I post on here! It's the first tour he's done since we've been together, it'll be his 8th medal and I am so so proud of him!

Louise your incredibly brave and its good that you have an outlet for your feelings on here me and my husband have followed your posts on here and when i told him your hubby had gone off on service now my dh had tears in his eyes (he will kill me if he knew id said) because yours wont be around this xmas but Lilia has a daddy she can be proud of ! xx

Hi girls

I've tried to have a catch up but feeling a bit crappy so can't remember everything!! I woke up in the middle of the night feeling really achy and with really bad sinus pain. Matt has been a love today and looked after Holly all day and he also got up at 4am to get me night nurse which knocked me out until midday!! I'm feeling a lot better this evening, just left with a sore throat and a bit achy.

Lilia I also don't think Holly has been very well today, she's been very sleepy and being quite sick after each bottle. We've had several changes of clothes today too. She slept on daddy for 3 hours earlier and also seems a lot brighter this evening, so maybe she has the same thing as me. Horrible bugs going round at the mo, hope he feels better soon x

Erm what else... I haven't bought my secret santa yet, going in the week to get it and will post it by Friday which is the deadline!! How would we give clues? I'm so crap at things like that, I'd probably give it away!!

Louise :hugs: You've always got us! (you lucky lady ha ha!)

Oh and Holly used to love tummy time but now hates it, so I've been putting a rolled up blanket under her to prop her up. For christmas we're getting her a new playmat which has a tummy time plliow thing and also doubles as a sit me up thing.

Oh and also, I've been wanting to get Holly a new swing as the one we were given from freecycle by that lovely lady was very old and massive, it took up too much room so we had to give it away on freecycle. The thing is I couldn't justify spending £70 on the one I wanted but I saw that a lady on here was selling her fisher price swing, which was similar to the one I wanted to get and I told Matt about it. We decided that we couldn't justify spending any more money before Christmas so we forgot about it but secretly I was a bit disappointed as I really wanted it for Holly. Well Matt actually came on here and found the post and arranged to buy the swing from the lady and she's sending it this week! He knew I really wanted it for her so he haggled a bit and got it for a really good price. Very exciting and very sweet of Matt I thought.

xx

ps this is the swing:

https://www.mothercare.com/Fisher-P...ong/dp/B0029I9JWQ?_encoding=UTF8&#productInfo

It says only suitable til 6 months but he bought it for £20 so can't complain!! Will probably keep it for the next baby too.

Emzy- Matt sounds like a top bloke!

I dont know how we would give clues either? Maybe you could list the people who are taking part?
Hope you feel better tommorow x

Evening guys,

We are having a better time with paige.. she still will not sleep between 8pm - 12 but she doesnt cry so much during these times so cant complain.

i was sad Paige was getting bigger as i wanted to keep her tiny forever but because she is a grumpy and a high maintenance baby im now looking forward to her laughing and playing. I will be honest, my son was a great baby but a hard work toddler and i was always waiting for him to get out of his terrible 2's...... im still waiting !! i knew i would be waiting a long time when he got expelled at nursary.

Thay do get more scrummy, I love all ages and stages, but about 18 months is just adorable, this little mini person, ooooooh gorgeous!!

Someone was saying about teats and moving on to a faster flow or not, I was thinking about it and my milk sprays all over the place, it comes out faster than Rosie can cope with it and she spits it at times, or the nipple comes out of her mouth and gets sprayed with milk!
I would say she doesn't have to work too hard to get the milk and if bottle feeding i would want the teat to replicate the breast as best as i could, and so a faster one that is easy to get the milk out!:thumbup:

Got to go, dh getting grumpy at me being on here, ok for him all day but MY kids need me!!:haha:

I have been trying to find a teat which will make her work for it, the one bottle she gets in the evening makes it too easy for her and her suck is weak anyway. Im using the slow flow teat...

Had a laugh tonight with little Ben as he was sitting there with his daddy and started staring at his feet. He was staring for about 5 minutes and wiggling his feet at the same time which was really cute. He then reached out to grab the wiggling feet so think he has realised that he now has feet to play with as well as fists. I love it that he's also trying to talk to us and his little mouth is going ten to the dozen I'm sure he'll be a chatterbox like his big sister as she doesn't stop from morning till night!! He He. xx

Awwwwwww bless.... love it when they do things which make you see they are taking things in...

LLB Rosalie's sick always looks like that i think its partly her constant sucking ?

Is anyone else up for a clue in the SS?

Yep ill leave a hint... wont make it easy though..lol

Lilia has only been grabbing her toys for a few days, she's 3 months tomorrow... don't worry about it! I think that they'll each learn thing in their own order, for example some babies might take ages to roll over but grab at toys/smile earlier or something like that?

Thanks for kind thoughts ladies, it's been a very depressing day here for me, putting the christmas tree up and decorating it alone and knowing Wayne won't even get to see it was just horrible, I cried my way through it! Then I watched My Girl and cried a bit more!! Also he said he would try to ring today and he hasn't, he must be busy, so I'm a bit sad about that too! I've only spoken to him once since he went :( I have spoken to him on facebook a couple of times though. Argh I need to write cheerier stuff on here you lot must think I'm a depressing cow!!

Oh honey, you are such a strong gal.... breaks my heart thinking about you being so upset.. :hugs: xx

Hope nobody minds but I am finally getting around to adding everybody on FB !! :flower:

i still havnt worked out whos who on here and FB.... but its on my list to learn..lol

ps this is the swing:

https://www.mothercare.com/Fisher-P...ong/dp/B0029I9JWQ?_encoding=UTF8&#productInfo

It says only suitable til 6 months but he bought it for £20 so can't complain!! Will probably keep it for the next baby too.

£20 , bargain !!!!! well done, and i love how you mention your next one, thats what i keep saying about everything i buy.

wow emzy bargain! The baby gym i bought for £5 on ebay came and its brand new still all sealed in the bags! I one a tummy turtle mat on ebay for £8 thats also brand new! Im going to tell Chris that swings are good for Colic after the evening we had last night he will tell me to Pay double! Haha x

so again 5pm came and so did the grouch, he wont feed until he wants to and screams out like he has a pain! He works himself up into a rite sweat and last night he finally settled after midnight at a couple of points we were both crying! He then woke twice for feeds im the night which he hasnt done for the past 2 nights, he is back asleep now so im going to try and get another couple of hours too! X

I don't know if James is doing what Harry is at the moment but I'm having to trick him. I put my little finger in his mouth when he's hysterical and when he decides to suck I quickly give him the boob. Once he's fed he's so much happier and it usually leads to sleep which is brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->