September Stars

its our second lot of jabs today, Amelia is on my lap smiling at me i feels so guilty knowing she wont be smiling later !

Lilbump- sorry to hear you had a bad night hope you get a few extra hours

Lady k- expelled at nursery? what did he do? ;)

Morning ladies...sorry for not posting for ages just been really busy with family parties and birthdays and a poorly Kimi :(

GG - Good luck with the jabs!!! :hugs:

Tummy Time - Kimi HATES tummy time...will literally scream and scream and scream...:nope: but will try propping her up and seeing if that makes a difference...

Louise - Hugs to you!! Can't imagine how tough it is for you!!! :(

I really need to get my bum in gear and get my SS....its been bloomin difficult choosing gifts...i will go out tomorrow and have a look i thinks :)

Kimi's ear is looking a million times better today!!!! She finished her treatment yesterday and is a much happier baby :)

Had the HV today and she said Kimi has a poor weight gain (she has lost half an ounce in a week) and has told me I need to have her weighed next week and be monitored...

She also said because she had a touch of thrush that I wasnt sterilizing her bottles properly...that i wasnt protecting her as she was around someone with impetigo (although we didnt know she had impetigo at the time)

She left leaving me feeling like a really crap mum.... :cry:

I now have to find some more time in the day to fit another bottle but not wake her in the night!!!

This is her general roughly routine -

7am - wake up and feed and play time
8.30am - back for a sleep
11am - 2nd feed and tummy time
2.30pm- 3rd feed then nap
6.30pm -4th feed
8.30pm - bath
10pm -5th feed then bed

Then she goes all night.....

Where else do i have time to fit in another bottle????

xx

Youngmummy hugs, what a horrible HV for making you feel like that!! Holly has bottles every 3 hours now and has 5 bottles. Will Kimi take more per bottle for a couple of them? Holly does something like this:

9.30am 7oz
12.30pm 6oz
3.30pm 6.5oz
6.30pm 6oz
9.30pm 7.5oz

Then asleep for 11pm.

If she is having a growth spurt she tends to cluster feed at night so she will go:

6.30 6oz
8.30 6oz
10.30 6oz

Maybe you could try bringing the feeds to 3 hourly and then cluster feeding in the evening? So like:

7am 1st Feed
10am 2nd Feed
1pm 3rd feed
4pm 4th feed
7pm 5th feed
9pm 6th feed

I would imagine that she's lost weight as she's been poorly and that's not your fault!! Silly HV. Also as for thrush, Holly had that at 4 weeks til 8 weeks and it was nothing to do with sterilising bottles as I microwave sterilise! How do you sterilise sweetie?

xx

emzy - i've got a steam steriliser! and i microwave sterilise if im a rush!!

i'm not happy with her saying kimi has a poor weight gain.... she's been very very poorly...but she's a happy alert smiling cooing baby.... :nope:

:hugs: Genies i hate when they are like that.

Rosalie is better at tummytime than Tabs was which is good :) Though she rolls over all the time now.

We're getting our tree at the weekend i think YAAAY!!

Louise :hugs: :hugs: Genies is right Lila is going to be so so proud of her brave daddy :cloud9:

With the screaming babies i just kept Rosalie next to me ready to feed she'd scream tons and then just start feeding

On my news front OMFG we have had really heavy snow for 5 hours now :cry: why wont it bugger off!! Our postman wont deliver nobody is getting any gifts and im going mad with Tabs as she hates the snow.
Also last night i woke up and Rosalie had moved ARGH!! She turned a full 180 and was facing the other way??

Youngmummy :hugs: I wouldnt take any notice she's not starving she's eating she'll gain weight in her own way.

thanks ladies! i agree with emzy she probably lost the half oz because she has been poorly, also some of us are naturally skinny i am just like that i was 7st 11lb when i hot pregnant and had to be under a consultant and within a few weeks id lost every lb i put on but im healthy and have no problems! Thanks fishy! Wow kara what was he doing, iv never expelled a child in my 15 years of working with them lol!

Youngmummy, a friend of ours has a one year old who is still only 15lbs. The HVs have always expressed concern and she was constantly monitored. Now they've admitted that she must just be very petite (as are her parents). She is full of beans - a really lovely, happy little girl. I am sure you have nothing to worry about and that the HVs are just covering their arses! x

Young mummy how did she recommend you sterilise then?! silly woman lol x

Exactly!!!!!! :nope:

I dont understand why HV have to make you feel so crap about yourself...she kept talking down to me as if i didnt know what i was doing... i just wanted to slap her tbh!!!

xx

youngmummy :hugs: she sounds like a right cow. You're doing everything you can and sound like a fab mum. Ignore her.

HVs are horrible. I don't like them! It's like they are on a power trip or something... not that I know who mine is even!! useless!!!

Hope you're all well today. I'm feeling a lot better, just got a sore throat now. Holly on the other hand has been rather unsettled, has been crying a lot and coughing and sneezing so I think she's got it too :-( Lots of cuddles and a spoon of calpol and she's gone off to sleep. If she doesn't seem any better later, I'm going to postpone her 3rd set of jabs that is meant to be tomorrow morning. I'll see how she is later x

HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! ive been awol for soooo long im sorry!!

Have had an awful cold and just getting over it now, then on saturday my nan died, she was diagnosed with secondary cancer about a week ago and then died so suddenly was really strange. Im ok as we weren't very close but still its weird.

Have sorted my secret santa and posted it so one of you lucky ppl should have it by now..... |Do we find out who got who afterwards? i hate the suspense!!

I hope everyone is doing wel and getting ready for Xmas.

Big Hugs xxx

Awww Emzy i hope Holly is better soon and can i just say i lover your avatar!! x

I must admit i did say to my Mum the other day that i dont feel like steam sterilisers do the same good job that cold water sterilising does...it just seems strange relying on steam to sterilise! I wash them in hot soapy water then steam sterilise! Have Kimi got white on her tongue hun cos iv noticed James has today and im baffled tbh with what got into him last night...i think im gonna reach for the calpol tonight if he is the same! Saying that iv woken up with a really sore throat this morning and Chris isnt well either!! x

I agree with this new government review on girls clothes and products...why does a 9 yr old need padded bikinis! Shocking!

Carley and Emzy, I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope Holly gets better soon Emzy. I can't believe she is due for her last set of jabs until she is a year old!! Time is really flying but I'll be glad when the beasty jabs are over! x

Yeah me too, god I hate them they are awful! Be glad when tomorrow morning's over with. She's still asleep at the mo, hoping she will feel better after her big nap.

Carley so sorry about your Nan and glad you're feeling better. How are the plans for the wedding of the year coming along?

Thanks LBB! I love it too, she looks so cute in it and she's gazing up at me. She was actually babbling away behind her dummy at the time lol Also I feel funny about cold water sterilising! lol I cold water sterilise all my dummys and spoons and teethers and stuff, but the bottles I wash in hot soapy water and microwave sterilise. When my power went I had to cold water sterilise and I didn't like it! lol funny isn't it? When Holly had thrush she had white patches in her mouth. The doc asked me how I sterilised and I said microwave and she said that was best as it's hot enough to kill the germs x

I used to microwave sterilise but now I cold water sterilise and have been doing for about 6 weeks or so and Lilia seems fine (apart from the recent issues... but I think we're sorted as yesterday she filled her nappy... and I mean FILLED ... with diarrhea and a bit of what looked like quite firm in the middle, as though she's been constipated and runny at once! She has been better since touch wood!

Youngmummy, I think some HV's are jobsworths... they go over the top, the fact that you are going to see them in the first place should show that you are a concerned, good mum doing the right thing! They should spend their time going to see the ones who never take their babies to clinics or think twice about their babies health! It makes me so mad!

Last time I got Lilia weighed was a fortnight ago and she was 10lb 15oz... she had only put on 7oz in two weeks after previously gaining up to 13oz a week! But she was still on the 25th centile line so they weren't concerned. I wonder if they see a young mum and straightaway think they need to watch? I wouldn't worry about it!

I used to microwave sterilise but now I cold water sterilise and have been doing for about 6 weeks or so and Lilia seems fine (apart from the recent issues... but I think we're sorted as yesterday she filled her nappy... and I mean FILLED ... with diarrhea and a bit of what looked like quite firm in the middle, as though she's been constipated and runny at once! She has been better since touch wood!

Youngmummy, I think some HV's are jobsworths... they go over the top, the fact that you are going to see them in the first place should show that you are a concerned, good mum doing the right thing! They should spend their time going to see the ones who never take their babies to clinics or think twice about their babies health! It makes me so mad!

Last time I got Lilia weighed was a fortnight ago and she was 10lb 15oz... she had only put on 7oz in two weeks after previously gaining up to 13oz a week! But she was still on the 25th centile line so they weren't concerned. I wonder if they see a young mum and straightaway think they need to watch? I wouldn't worry about it!

i think Louise is spot on!

I think so too. They can be so judgemental. Well you know what youngmummy, it sounds like you are doing a fab job with Kimi so tell her to stick it up her backside lol Stupid HVs!! x

Youngmum,
Rosie is a tiddler, was born a tiddler, never lost weight at first weigh but is still tiddly, some babies just are, plus your lo has been poorly which of course makes a difference.
It annoys me some hv talk out their arses and this is what yours is doing, babies can get thrush, it has no relation to your sterilised bottles, I used to listen but now if i think its crap i tell them so, and you learn to question them.
Don't let her make you feel rubbish about your skills, i had never changed a bum til i had my son, let alone held a baby and i would have taken what she said to heart too, but you really shouldn't xx:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->