September Stars

fishy- how awful, so so sad... i told hubby some women die in child birth he didnt believe me, i guess people dont think it happends any more.

Who ever my secret santa is, dont feel pressured to get mine before xmas, even without the fact most of your are snowed in its hard to go shopping with a baby. I have been lucky, we havnt had too much snow here.

my goodness fishy that was my biggest fears and always has been! A friend from work is expecting twins so has to go for scans every 2 weeks she is now 30 weeks and they have just decided to tell them that because they both have quite a short femur they could have downs. They are beside themselves now but thinking positive, she is only 23 too and he is 22 so they really didnt expect it...twins was a big enough shock for them!

I would love a pair of uggs but cant afford them, and i would not buy these crappy £6 ones because they just have no support in them whatsoever!

Well James woke at 930 ish had a feed and fell back asleep when he woke he seemed windy so i rubbed his back and he was a bit sick and started getting grouchy again so i lay him flat to change his nappy he was fine and giving lots of smiles then he burped and was a bit sick like cottage cheese and he pulled his face cried out and was really upset would feed or anything so i cuddled him against my chest and he calmed down after a while!?!? X

i didnt realise ange had taken amelia into hospital until just now, poor ange must be beside herself! My niece and nephew were both taken im this week and i know how nerve wracking that was! Get well soon amelia x x x

louise just seen your post about amelia, i hope she is ok... ill be thinking of her. poor little girl : (

Just seen the photo of Amelia in hospital on fb, i got very tearful, poor little thing. Hope she gets better soon.
Thinking of you both honey xx

Hi ladies

So sorry for my absence, the little time I've managed to get on the laptop the last week or so I've used to do Christmas shopping. Scarlett is sleeping well at night but is a wake a lot in the day so I just don't seem to find the time to get on.

I checked FB from my phone last night and saw Angie's post about being in hospital with Amelia so I've popped on to see if anyone knew what was going on. Poor things :hugs:

Trying to remember what I've read in the past 25 pages - I'll have to do it by topic as I can't remember who posted what - sorry x

Weaning - scary I haven't thought about it yet, I obviously need to do some reading. I asked my step-sister and she said she started at 5 months with both of hers. I'm going to let Scarlett lead me I think and order some books on Weaning from Amazon. Any recommendations?

C-Section Scar - yes mine still hurts sometimes but is a lot better than it was. I had a scan last Saturday to check why my womb hasn't contracted fully and the stupid bitch pressed really hard on my scar and then said "was it a natural birth"? WTF??? I said "no that's why you just hurt me and I have a scar there". Ended up having an internal scan to get a better picture. I'll get the results next Tuesday. When my scar was itchy I had a little infection and the doctor gave me some cream for it which did the trick so I would get it checked out.

Mini Pill - I've been given a prescription for Micronor but haven't used it yet as I haven't had a period as far as I know and I'm a bit nervous about it.

This time last year - I'd just convinced my DH we should start trying for a baby - little did I know we would be first time lucky. I will never forget how lucky I was and be thankful for it, as I know many of you had much harder journey's than me.

Mice - Asher I think it was you - sorry I did laugh about the slipper. As you all know we are having issues with mice. The other day there was one under the bed, it set the trap off but the trap didn't catch it. DH has put loads of traps around the house now so it's only a matter of time. We think there are only one or two as we haven't heard them in more than one place at a time and there really hasn't been much evidence. They had a go at a box of bran flakes that was under the stairs the cheeky devils. I'm sure I heard a trap go in the night so I'll get DH to check it when he get's up.

I will try hard to keep up over the coming weeks

Lots of love to everyone xxx

omg James slept through the night! He stirred at 7.40ish and i woke and was like omg i dont believe it he stayed asleep but i thought id best feed him! Sorry for my selfish post! X

Mrs J, so nice to hear from you, hope all is well, hope everything goes ok on Tuesday xxx

LBB, we too had a good night, amazing isnt it!!!

I hope everything is ok for little Amelia xx

Well Hope went to bed at 8.30 and slept thro til 7!! She was actually asleep at 7.45 but we didnt put her up till then! I think as she has started to sleep so good she must be getting enough bottles in the day, if she starts to wake in the night more than once I will give her some baby rice at lunchtime!!
Thnak full all the ice is starting to thaw here, just been for a walk into town and now having a brew before we put the tree and lights up!! Eeee I can't wait!! Need to hoover up then, no point in cleaning before as the tree always makes mess, then I am going to steam clean my kitchen and bathroom!

omg how stupid am i, i always get inside the bath and scrub the tiles and we have a bloody steam cleaner on top of the fridge freezer! Thanks Becs im gonna have a play now this afternoon iv not used it yet cos we have only used it once and Chris did it then! X

Hi all, had a quick catch up.

poor ange & amelia, i hope everything is ok at the hospital??? ive never herd pyloric stenosis Louise i would call the dr even if it's to rule it out.

fish i cryed when i read that, how awful :nope:

see on FB we have some very good little babys when it comes to sleeping
thats fantastic :happydance: long may it continue!!!!

Ollie has gone backwards since we put him in his cot 2days ago
he has been wanting a feed every 2hrs during the night :wacko: just 2oz then he go's back to sleep, wont take a dummy & he carnt be cold, growth spurt maybe??? :shrug:

He better now after his horrid chesty cough & cold so pleased to report!

right he's the king of cat naps & awake so i'm off, :hugs: to all xxx xxx

Daisy, he might want something extra in the day like some rice or something???

LBB, I love my steamer, I do all of Hope's things with it like her chair!! And itmakes doing the bathroom and toilet so much easier and deffo kinder to your hands!!

Does the steamer help clean tiles in the bathroom? If so I might get one as they are a nightmare!!

Hiya ladies, hope we're all well. I'm popping on for five mins amidst the chaos. Archie is poorly after all, but the calpol and ibuprofen are working well!! I've been to a party with Jack and Sam this morning whilst mum sat with Archie as DH is working overtime today.

Sam was a good boy again last night and slept from 8.30 ish until 4am. Quick feed and then he went back off again until 7.30!! I hope this is the shape of things to come for us!

I called into Sainsburys to get a couple of bits after the party, and got a gorgeous Hungry Caterpillar sleeping bag in 6-12 months (his feet are at the end of his up to 6 months one!) for £9 as there was 25% off!! Yippee!!

Right, am off as Jack is here telling me he's "starving hungry" - unlikely I think!!

Daisy, he might want something extra in the day like some rice or something???

LBB, I love my steamer, I do all of Hope's things with it like her chair!! And itmakes doing the bathroom and toilet so much easier and deffo kinder to your hands!!

Thats what ive been thinking becs but at only 13weeks do you ladies think it would be too early to try him on baby rice? :shrug:

steamer sounds fab!

hope Archie is better soon asher & yay for Sam sleeping that long!:happydance: send some sleepy dust our way please :thumbup: xxx

Daisy, you could try and see what happens, I think it was Boony thats was saying her lo started on rice at 8 weeks!!

Fishy, I love mine, good for limescale!!

Tree is up, lights outside are up, now watching the new Shrek film with a very sleepy Hope!!!

Daisybell - I think it comes down to personal choice as far as weaning goes. Everything I have read says absolutely not to give your baby any food prior to 17 weeks as their digestive systems are not developed enough. But, I know Boony and Becs are giving some now. Personally I'm going to try and hold off to 6 months but I know my Aunty weaned both her boys at 4 months as they were ravenous. I think you just have to go with your gut instinct as all babies are different. One of the reasons I am trying to hold off is because Scarlett is high risk for allergies x

Helloooo everyone!
Sounds like there are some well behaved sleeping babies at the moment! Lilia actually got up at 8am today which was a bit of a shock! I suppose I shouldn't complain! Touch wood she has been finishing her bottles today too, she has been sick after both but not as much as before. Maybe she had a bit of a stomach upset... I keep putting it down to different things! Hopefully the last two bottles will go just as well this evening, I'll feel a lot better then!

Yayy for christmas trees! I was going to do mine today but I ended up going to sainsbury's and buying loads of stuff for wayne, then making up and sending his parcels! I know they are a bit late but I'm hoping they might still get there on time... I've sent him a teeny christmas tree and a set of little baubles! If it doesn't arrive before christmas he probably won't appreciate that! Hee hee! I'll do my christmas tree tomorrow I think, pity I'm putting it up alone.

My house is a PIGSTY at the moment! There's only me and Lilia here yet it seems like such a big mess! I have to do some serious sorting out and putting away! When Wayne is away I make little effort and normally end up wearing clothes from the clean washing pile rather than putting them away, I need to be good and do it properly! Wayne is normally the one to clean up and tidy and 'preen' in our house!

Yes its me who is already giving rice/rusks etc. Tyler is 10 weeks old on monday and we started at 8 weeks, hes doing really well he doesnt like rice but loves the rusks. Me and my sister both started on rice and rusks from about 6 weeks aswell and none of us have any allergies and our digestive systems are fine!

Just start them on small amounts for example we started with 1 spoon of rice to 20 spoons of milk. With rusk we started with just a quarter to start with but now he has half and it will probably have to go up to three quarters soon but he only has it twice a day at lunch and bedtime and he still only goes 3-4 hours during his feeds. If you want to know anything or need advice ask away i dont mind.

Jayden was weaned early too (from 8 weeks) and he is fine hes still a little pig now hes always hungry lol they take after their dad and have very fast metabolisms.

I am just watching Hope's cues as to when she needs weening, some are happy with milk till 6 months while others want a bit extra!!! You know your baby so go with the flow!! My nephew and niece were weened early and they are fine, will eat anything!!

Lots of sleeping babies yaaay

Got my secret santa stuff today :wohoo: Got bit carried away.

I gave Tabs some at 8 weeks and she wasnt ready then again at 3 1/2 months and she was ready then. The NEW thinking is between 4-6 months as allergies have increased, with Rosalie i plan on using baby led weaning and she will tell me when she's ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->