September Stars

Yay - Soooooooo selfish but I am now an auntie for the fifth time !! My sis has just given birth after a 3 hour labour to her third baby girl. They called me at 7.30pm to tell me she was about to push and at 7.58pm she was born !!! Im gutted I couldnt be there though but sooooooooooo happy !!

Congratulations, Rosie was 6lb 9oz at birth too! Nice diddy baby! :hugs:
Wish I was an auntie, I have had all the children, my sister has none:nope:

Hi ladies

I think I must be a bit of a psycho Mum because I've been reading about some of you arranging nights out and while in theory I like the idea, in practice I can't bare to be away from Scarlett. I had thought before she was born that DH and I might be able to go out for our Wedding Anniversary in November but when the time came I realised I couldn't leave her. I think that if we lived closer to my Mum and she could babysit I might find it a bit easier. If I was to leave her and go out with DH I would have to leave her with my best friend and although I know she is perfectly competent, she doesn't have a lot of experience with babies. I also have the added complication of BF and like you F&C we have the bottle issue, Scarlett simply won't take one however much we try. DH is off to his works Christmas on Friday and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that - fortunately he doesn't drink so I don't think he will be back late.

YoungMummy - your HV sounds like a total bitch. I think if your Mum has had 9 children she is infinitely qualified to give you advice and it's actually very rude of your HV to say otherwise

Hope everyone has a good night's sleep

x

I am the same with all mine, I didn't go out til my first was 1, my second about the same, with my nearly 3 yr old when we went in to have Rosie was the first time she had been left without either me or dh since she was born!
I am not overly clingy to the children, but they are children such a short time,
also I breast feed, I expressed with the last baby but saw such little point in it i just breast feed now, weather Rosie would even take a bottle is doubtful!
I am older though and not bothered about going out, and I expect dh to be just as much a part of the children, he does go out occasionally but it must be over a year since he did, that is then less insentive for me to go out too, i guess we are just home people!

I also totally agree with you that the hv is just plain rude to brush off youngmummys own mum's experiences, having children is the best it gets for childcare! I have learnt with every child, the illnesses and nasties kids bring home, it is all important stuff to know about and be ready for!

Totally lost now!

I have had my appt through for Rosie's second jab, it is the 20th, so I am canceling it til after Christmas, I don't want her with sore legs over Christmas poor baby, it's bad enough having them!

I am going to call the doctors today to see if i can get my coil in any sooner, its madness waiting 3 weeks after the swabs were done, :dohh: Anyway hopefully someone may have canceled and there is a place for me, and with a different doctor, i really hope so!

Sorry if i have missed anything major!

Hugs to all, have a great day xxx:hugs:

Asher :hugs: hope its not too bad :hugs:

Mrsj08 i didnt leave Tabs until she was 1 ha ha and now i take up every oppertunity as at this age i think that you need a break. I think also it makes you parent better as you cant wait to see them again :) I have the same issue with the bottle Rosalie wont take one, but i have gone out once with firends :wohoo: another friend lives just across the road from the restauraunt so she just phoned and i was there within 30 secs.

Awww SR i want a teeny baby, think Rosalie was 13lb at 10 weeks but Tabs was 16lb at 10 weeks :dohh:

Awwwww Laura thats SO sweet i want no3 now but i HAVE to wait :hissy: Congratulations Aunty.

Good luck with the walk Genies, i havent sent mine yet i just havent been able to get out of the house.

Genies hope u enjoy your walk. Before the snow came I was aiming slightly further each day, it's hard work as I live on a steep hill and what goes down unfortunately has to go up!

I'm studying for my charted institute of management accounts hence why the final exam is so damn expensive. I can resit but that's £800 each sitting and I would need to pay for myself this is why i really hope to pass first time.

Mrs j and BTP - I'm not even bf but haven't left James yet I know for my own sanity I need to do this soon. Got girly Xmas lunch Sunday so DH is baby watching, I'm going to hate it

Mrs J it's my dh's Christmas do on Friday too. To make matters worse we've got a random guy staying over too!! DH apologised and said he should have asked me first but didn't think the guy would take him up on the offer!!

He's also going out with the NCT boys (again) in a few weeks and then is going out over the Christmas period with some friends that are all going to be best men together at a friend's wedding. He has also gone out a few times already.

I don't say no as he needs time out, I just feel lonely when he goes and wish I could go too. I guess I resent the fact his life is carrying on pretty much as normal whereas every waking minute of my life now is for Harry. Having said that, I wouldn't have the alternative!! I guess there's just no pleasing me!! lol!

Jelly, hope you have a lovely time on Sunday!! I think its important to have a bit of 'you' time.

I have the worst sore throat and cold! We are meant to be going out tonight but tbh I cant be bothered, I feel like a hot bath and bed!!

Poor you Becs. I hope you feel better soon. I got your print today so will get started on it tomorrow!!

Thanks fishy!!!

I am going to start taking Hope to Jo Jingles after christmas!!! Looks really good!!

Mrs J it's my dh's Christmas do on Friday too. To make matters worse we've got a random guy staying over too!! DH apologised and said he should have asked me first but didn't think the guy would take him up on the offer!!

He's also going out with the NCT boys (again) in a few weeks and then is going out over the Christmas period with some friends that are all going to be best men together at a friend's wedding. He has also gone out a few times already.

I don't say no as he needs time out, I just feel lonely when he goes and wish I could go too. I guess I resent the fact his life is carrying on pretty much as normal whereas every waking minute of my life now is for Harry. Having said that, I wouldn't have the alternative!! I guess there's just no pleasing me!! lol!

I feel exactly that too hun! He gets up at the weekend andstraight on the xbox...im sorting me & James making a brew ad brekkie sorting the dog etc..

he gets in from work has a cuddle and chat with James then off in the shower (he is a joiner so gets very dusty & sweaty so needs this lol) then gets dried and changed and either goes for a cigarette or turns the tv over or goes on the xbox...and asks me make him a brew then asks whats for tea!! Im gonna film him one night just to prove it haha!!! But if we go someones house he has to carry James him...think he wants make out he does all the hard work lol! x

Jelly, hope you have a lovely time on Sunday!! I think its important to have a bit of 'you' time.

I have the worst sore throat and cold! We are meant to be going out tonight but tbh I cant be bothered, I feel like a hot bath and bed!!

Im the same and me and James are still in bed...i really want to take him to be weighed but dont know if i can be bothered cos the hv is coing friday to discuss weaning!! lol x

LBB, I am snuggling on the sofa with my little lady!!!

I have to say I feel quite lucky with Ian, as soon as he comes in from work he takes over with Hope, he feeds and baths her ad then settles her at bedtime, he even does night feeds if she wakes up!!!! Hes hasnt been on the ps3 for weeks, I always say go on but he says he spends enough time away from Hope that he doesnt want to miss anything. He is brilliant!!

Wow Becs! Don is also great with Harry but as I BF there are some things he just can't do so I do the night feeds etc. I also feel that I am ultimately responsible for Harry but probably as I know him better due to spending so much time with him. x

Just a quick proud mummy moment from me...some up to date pictures of my dinky angel Kimi :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1189.snc4/154183_1613812218475_1031395101_31630170_6780092_n.jpg

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1208.snc4/156094_1613812458481_1031395101_31630171_7871890_n.jpg

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1231.snc4/156389_1613814738538_1031395101_31630183_5153096_n.jpg

Will catch up properly later :) xx

Aww Kimi is beautiful hun! X

i think i was a bit unfair on Chris before lol but as you say fishy we are with them more and are more in tune with them! Well i ended up taking James to get weighed he has dipped slightly but is now 11lb 15oz! :) x

I got lilia weighed today aswell and at 13 weeks she is now 12lb 3oz! So despite the issues I've had with feeding her this past week she is still bang on the 25th centile line so I feel a lot better!

Hey girlies

Not much time for a catch up, there's too much!! Hope you're all ok today. We're ok, Holly has her 3rd set of jabs today which was 3 injections this time, screamed the place down but was fine after 5 minutes and has been fine ever since.

We had another good night, but she randomly went to bed at 10 and woke at 7.30, so hopeful for bringing bedtime earlier! She's usually 11 or 11.30 til somewhere between 8.30 an 9.30. We'll see how we go tonight!

Think I'm going to take her to be weighed tomorrow. Wonder what she'll be? Must be over a stone now... she was 13lb 9oz 4 weeks ago!

Bought my secret santa gift today! Are we going to open them when we get them or save til Christmas? Also, someone said that I shoudl list everyones name who is taking part. Does everyone want me to do that? If so, I'm happy to

x

Yeah Em... list the names.... open them when we get them and i wanna find out after but im soooo crap with suspense....

Ok girls, here are all the people taking part in secret santa:

Youngmummy18
Genies Girl
Sister Rose
Asher
Becs0375
Ladykara
_LauraK1892_
Lilia
Louise3512uk
Blob
NurseKel
Carley22
Emzywemzy

xx

Merry Christmas Everyone!! xxx

https://image.blingee.com/images18/content/output/000/000/000/71b/678127286_248045.gif
Glitter Graphics

Youngmummy, Kimi is gorgeous!!

LBB and Louise, brilliant weigh gains!!

I really need to get Hope weighed, might do it Thursday when I am at baby group!! She was 13lb 12oz at 8 weeks so she has gotta be over 15lbs! Chunky monkey!!
Well we haven't gone out, I am not feeling 100% so decided to stay in! I have made a veggie lasagne and a banana cake!!
Realised today that its been 12 months since my last alcoholic drink, not that I care as I wasn't a big drinker in the first place!!

Hello ladies! :hi:

Sorry I haven't checked in for ages - we were having computer drama.
Remember how I was so excited to be getting a new MacBook for my xmas/bday present? Well, it was also intended to be our back-up for all of our photos and other files. Three days before my MacBook arrived, our main computer blew up. It just froze very suddenly. And of course it was something major: the hard drive. I've been biting my fingernails for five days, waiting to hear if they were able to recover all the files, and today I got the best news! Everything was saved! :happydance:
I have most of our photos backed up on disks, except for the the last 3-4 months. Which are only Toby's birth and first weeks of life. :dohh: I do have lots of the photos on FB and in other places, but I would have lost a big chunk of important stuff.
We've been muttering about getting an external hard drive for months, then decided to cover that function with the new computer. That was a good scare and lesson well learned. I am spending the rest of the day getting all photos and files copied over to my MacBook so that we're safe.

Our xmas photo cards arrived and they are lovely. I'm really pleased. Now I just have to get the letter written and 50-odd cards addressed and sent! The busy busy holiday season has arrived.

Hope you are all well. There are over 10 pages of posts, so please forgive me if I don't get through all of it! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->