September Stars

Hi there. Just wanted to ask your advice. Have any of you come across tongue tie in babies and if so what happened. I think Ben has this as the little bit of skin under the tongue is right at the front of his tonue and he can't move it from that position.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks x

emzy sell them to him i would av been straight down the post office no photos thou, Haha x love hol's dress :)

blondie my niece was tongue tied she had a day appointment and they snipped it! She was struggling to gain weight too! X

ha ha unfortunately they have been washed!! Matt cracked me up, he said "right well when I get home you can take a picture of ME wearing the bras and send them to him and say £60 per bra please" ha ha ha ha ha Worrying thing is, Matt so would!! OMG can you imagine the bloke PMSL!!!

Had Holly weighed this afternoon and the little chubster is 15lb 7oz!!! She's put on almost 2lbs in 4 weeks. She's gone from 50th Centile, to 60th last time to just over 75th now!! I knew she was getting big as she's almost outgrown her 3-6 month babygrows already!!

I found this link to an interesting blog article about sleep regression if anyone is interested. I'd heard a lot about 4 month sleep regression and what with Holly randomly waking up a couple of times now, I thought I'd look it up. It's a really good blog entry if you're interested in reading it

https://moxie.blogs.com/askmoxie/2006/02/qa_what_are_sle.html

xx

Hi there. Just wanted to ask your advice. Have any of you come across tongue tie in babies and if so what happened. I think Ben has this as the little bit of skin under the tongue is right at the front of his tonue and he can't move it from that position.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks x

My eldest had a mild tongue-tie and it really affected his latch. He was fairly underweight at his 8-week clinic visit, so that's when I went to a BF clinic to have everything assessed and they spotted it. It was a very quick and simple procedure: they swaddle baby, lift the tongue, do a quick tiny little snip and that's it. The difference in his latch was pretty remarkable.
I would not have been able to spot the tongue-tie myself, but that was my first and I had no idea what to look for. The poor weight gain was my clue that something was not right.
Take baby to a clinic and get him assessed if you have any suspicions. Not treating it can affect milk supply.

oh emzy you have got to let Matt av photos in them...tip a bit of formula in them and tell him they are worn easiest £60 ever! Lol x

Emzy, well done Holly!!! I can't wait to get Hope weighed!! LMAO @ Matt, Ian would do the same!!

Blondie, I would go to the Dr's or ask your HV!.

I am laying on the sofa feeling like utter pants, my nose won't stop running and I ache all over, had a shower, rubbed vics all over my chest and nose and had a lemsip, thank goodness Ian is home!! Havent felt this rough for a long time.

Okay, sent off secret santa today. Just hope whoever gets it likes them, couldnt really afford loads :(

I say I sent it - I got my mum to send it because she was going that way. She messed up a bit and put my address and name on it too. So mine isn't so secret santa! :dohh:

Emzy that is sooo disgusting!!! lol!! What a weirdo! You so should let Matt do the photo though.. actually maybe not, you don't want any more contact with that freak from Gumtree.

Becs, you poor thing. Hope you get better soon. If it helps, we have made a great start on your necklace and it looks lovely! It's basically made and just needs firing and polishing.

Re tongue tie, my sister's two kids (whom I'm also very close to) both had it. One of them had two different types. Both had to have it snipped, which for the 2nd one involved a trip down to Southampton hospital. Also two of the babies from our NCT had it and one had to have minor surgery. If you take your LO to your local BF clinic they can generally check to see if there is a problem. It's so easily solved. xx

Thanks for all the replies about Kimi and the HV!! I finally cracked last night and just broke down to my OH....poor bloke look scared and I told him how I was feeling...tbh was a relief to get it off my chest...its not something thats easy to carry around.

I just feel so useless...i'm trying to help her gain weight...im upping her bottles but she doesnt want anymore...she will cough and cough til she makes herself gag if i keep trying to make her feed...

i feel miserable and have felt like it since Kimi was born...but I guess I just didnt wanna accept it...i didnt want people telling me i was depressed...i didnt wanna feel a failure...but I do.

Its so horrible...I don't wanna feel the way I do...but I just cant seem to snap out of it. I just want to run away from it all...go and hide til it gets easier...but I feel like everythings overwhelmed me and I feel suffocated....?

I'm sorry if none of this makes sense...it doesnt make sense to me at all...I just needed to put it down in words....:nope:

Fishy I can't wait to see it, thank you x

I can't feel my nose, its so sore! I actually feel christmassy now!! Just ordered Hope some things from elc, they have 20% off everything!

Youngmummy,.get yourself to the Drs. I have had depression and the tablets really helped me. Its nothing to be ashamed of, you are not a failure.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks x

My friends baby was tongue tied, she was in at about 4 days old to have it snipped, diddn't bleed just frees the tongue to feed better! xx

Emzy, lol the perv, it wouldn't bother me if some mug was willing to give me £60 quid for a worn bra, would save lots of washing and could buy lots of new stuff! And if he wants to see my flab, i would send pics with no face, it could be anyone! What men get turned on over is a joke, but there sure is a fortune to be made from it! Just see some old perv sniffing bras!!!:sick: :haha:

Got to go, got a baby attached to the boob and so typing is a bit difficult! xx:hugs:

I was just reading a thread on here about risks and weening at 3 months. There seems to be some very opinionated people on here. We all know our babies and I think you can tell from them when they want or need something!! Talk about being shot down in flames!!!

Evening everyone! What a crap forum lady I am at the moment! No time to do anything! Grrrr. I have the biggest pile of ironing going too, but I'm not doing it now, I'm too knackered!!

Emzy, what a perv! I giggled like mad though when I read it! Send them to me, I'll pose for you (minus head!) and then you can get the 60 quid a bra!!

Youngmummy, well done you for admitting how you feel. I agree with Becs though, you could do with maybe seeing your GP and nipping it in the bud. Rant away here though! xx

Blondie, my friend's baby was tongue tied, he had a 5 minute procedure where they didn't even numb it, literally just snipped it!

Sam's still bloomin rough, just so full of cold. But he slept until 4.30 this morning before waking, so not too bad. He couldn't settle after that though, and came in with us then. I just hate to see him so uncomfortable, little love. But he smiles away through it all, happy little soul!!

Oh becs I know NEVER mention weaning in baby club if you want to keep your head! Some very opinionated people in there who all think they know best and they are rude. It's a shame that you can't discuss something for fear of being made to feel like an idiot! That's why I tend to stick here with you lovely ladies!

Young mummy hugs, feeling overwhelmed and depressed is nothing to be ashamed of. I've been there and you can get help, please don't feel ashamed. Go see your gp and have a chat. Sometimes just getting it off your chest can help. On my phone right now but if you want a chat catch me on Facebook chat tomorrow. Big hugs Xx

Asher, poor little Sam. I know how he feels, hope he has another good night xx

Emma its so sad people have to be like that. Must be so fab being a know it all!!!

I am in bed so on my phone, Hope is sound asleep. I bloody stink of Vicks!!

Thanks Becs, I know it's just a cold, bless him, but I don't like it!! And you know what? I love the smell of Vicks ha ha!! x

People who think they know it all make me laugh!! I am currently dealing with a future sister in law who knows everything and is currently attempting to make my life hell, and I hate it!! Grrrrr. We know our babies best, we are their mummies!

Young Mummy, I'm so glad you were able to get it all off your chest. I agree, it's totally overwhelming but you are obviously doing well as you have a very happy baby. I also think you should speak to your Dr as I'm sure he/she will be able to help. Do you have friends with babies that you could meet up with? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->