September Stars

Btp, lovely photo.
Emma, so glad you had a nice time.

Hope has been in size 3 Pampers for over a month, the boots same size ones are not as big round the body!!!

Good to hear you're feeling a wee bit better, Becs.

Gorgeous pic BTP! Doesn't she look like you!!

Sam's in size 3 nappies, but I bought a pack of size 4 yesterday as I don't think he'll be in the 3's for much longer. I do think they fit differently on each baby though.

Glad you had a nice time Emma and that your friend turned out to be that and not a psycho!!!

Its funny how differentnappies of the same size vary so much!! I really don't think a 20lb baby would fit into size 3's!!!

Wasn't corrie good!!! Finally Molly told Sally!!! Think I might head off to bed in a minute and leave Ian to his PS3!!

Becs, I don't watch Corrie but thought I might do with this whole tram thing. BUT I am banned from watching it, DH hates it, and I couldn't be bothered going sitting in another room to watch it. Ah well!

Hope you carry on feeling better!!

Now in bed with Vicks all on my nose, I love the smell!! Hope is snoring her head off!!

Claire, Ian hates it too, he always says its not real!! Bloody is to me!!

I finally sent my SS off today!! Is it just Genies that has recieved hers?!!

Mmm I love the smell of Vicks too. Yummy. Random fact: my late Grandad (33 years late!) used to eat it. That's not what killed him!!
DH said he partly didn't want me to watch corrie cos he thought I'd be weeping!

I sent my SS off this week too, but my SS will know it's me cos I put a bloomin tag on it. What am I like?!!!!

Hi ladies

My eyes are drooping but I'm determined to post as I feel really out of touch with what has been going on

Becs - hope you feel better soon

Blob - wow Rosalie is really advanced. Scarlett has been trying to roll over but she just gets frustrated and puts her head back as far as she can while twisting. Whilst doing this she is usually shouting. I videoed her doing it earlier as my Mum didn't believe me

YoungMummy - Congratulations x

BTP - gorgeous pic

Genies - great weights - sounds like Layla is just petite - Scarlett is 12 weeks and only weighs 11lb1oz as she lost a lot of weight in the beginning. My neighbours baby is only 4 weeks and was 9lb14oz as she lost no weight after birth so I think rather than passing my clothes onto her, she will be passing them to me at this rate

Jellycat - Scarlett is in size 3's because she is so long in the body.

I've forgotten what else I was going to write sorry!

Oh on the subject of opinionated threads, I don't venture from this thread now with the exception of the Over 35 and TTC thread as I like to give them some support. Everyone has opinions but I think you are best keeping them to yourself on the whole. My Mum always said if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing and I think there is a lot to be said for that. I learnt that lesson early on when I mentioned my DH's daughter was an accident and someone kicked off about being irresponsible etc... which was completely off topic and obviously she didn't know the circumstances - ie his ex saying she was using contraception.

I asked my HV about weaning and she said the advice is 6 months but Mum knows best. The HV said that breastfed babies tend to be able to hold off a little longer but formula babies often need to be weaned earlier. I asked because I was curious and we had been talking about it on here and was pleased that my HV was judgemental when advising me. My Mum advised me to give Scarlett some of my milk on a spoon from 4 months to get her used to it as she found that sometimes the transition from a nipple/teat to a spoon can be difficult. That seems like pretty sound advice to me so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm a bit confused about the cow's milk issue though as everything I've read said not to give cow's milk until a year but the HV said it's ok from 6 months? It's all very confusing.....!

Time for bed. Sleep well everyone. I've got to stay in for parcels tomorrow so fingers crossed Scarlett will give me some time to get on here tomorrow.

One other thing while I remember - Emzy we have had sleep regression the past week. Scarlett was sleeping from 10pm to between 4am-6am for about the past 6 weeks. A week ago she suddenly started waking for the 2am feed again - killer! Last night she went from 10 - 4am so I'm hoping she's back into that rhythm again now! I'll report back tomorrow as she went down at 9pm tonight.

xxx

becs i dont usually watch corrie but ive been sky plusing it and watched it tonight it was very good! but im too emotional

Amelia is in size 3 of new baby pamper but very soon i guess ill be moving her to the sizr 4 active fit ones shes not new any more, Layla is in size 2 still

Emzy glad you had a nice meet up, im finding that mums dont really want to talk to me because i have two they just seem to stare at baby clinic

lady k- we have a lot of clothes enough for 4 babies im always stocking up the next size clothes i just love them ive never counted how many but they have a wardrobe and two draws each and thats just the 3-6 stuff the rest is in the loft

Thanks everyone for all the congrats!!!

And it was lovely...kimi sound asleep and we was all snuggled up and he suddenly whispered to me as i was falling asleep...i love you...marry me????

I of course was wide awake and just stared at him saying what?! really?! and he just smiled, gave me a kiss and said i'll take that as a yes and i just cried and said of course...well the rest of the night...i'll spare you the details :winkwink::winkwink:

I am thinking late next year/early 2012...but all in good time :)

I am so excited!!!!

BTP - Gorgeous picture :D

Becs - Get better soon hun x

Kimi had 10 ounces!!!!! She had 5 ounces at half five and at half six was screaming for more and downed another 5!!!! I dont mind tbh as long as she is healthy... :) xx

Awwww gorgeous photo BTP :cloud9:

OMG :wohoo: :yipee: :wohoo: :happydance: :wohoo: Youngmummy thats SUCH nice news!! Congratulations!!!! That also sounds really sweet the way he asked :cloud9:

Mrsj08 cows milk is fine from 6 months they just dont want you to give it to them as a BM/Formula substitute :)

EEEEK i still need to do my SS :dohh: Still got enough time left though it will be sent tomorrow. Am going into town tomorrow so no doubt i might add more to it.

Wow quiet night last night?? What was everyone doing??

Anyone want to hear about my day yesterday :haha: We had a babygroup christmas party in the morning, then Tabs went for a 'nap'. Apparently she didnt have one, she had a poo and smeared it all over the floor, rug, herself, toys, potty :sick: :sick: Was so gross!! I have no ability to tell her off. I have tried naughty corner and she liked it, taking things she loves (i tell her i'm going to turn off peppa, and she goes and turns it off) i put her in her room and she plays, i get a play gym and put her in that and she sits and sings :grr: Far too willful she is.

Morning ladies :)

Good night last night.... the MIL came round with her boyfriend and had a cuddle with Kimi and tried to start 'suggesting' giving Kimi some solids...but my OH shot her down with a quick.... 'she is DEFINITELY not ready for solids...but when she is...we'll let you know!'.... I couldn't believe it!!!

She then slept from 11.30pm til 8.15pm so a very good sleep!!!

Will post my SS today!!! Hope you're all okay and all the poorly mummies and babies get well soon!!!!

xx

Mrs J Harry has done the same and is now back to waking twice a night, at least. ugghh

Blob, I am sorry but that made me chuckle!! Dirty little thing, dirty protest then was it!!

Youngmummy, go Kimi!!

Fishy we are also back to waking uo!! Hope had been doing 8.30 til at least 5ish and now she is up about 1.30ish and then agan around 5ish!! Hope it doesn't bloody last!!

Yep that sounds like the times we are up! My HV asked if he needed feeding each time but I think he does.

Morning girls,

Funny that all the babies have started waking in the night again! Holly has only had those 2 nights where she woke ao far and she's back to 11ish til 8/9ish again now, but she does stir and start thrashing around at 7 when Matt gets up, so I've been putting her in bed with me and she sleeps for another couple of hours then. She is definitely more easily disturbed now, she woudln't have woken for anything before! I read an article somewhere about how at around 3 months, babies sleep cycles become more like an adults with deep and light sleep and this is why they are more easy to wake, whereas a newborn just goes into a deep sleep and then wakes up. It's because they need to learn not to wake up during the light sleep apparently! Funny that they have to learn something that comes to naturally to us!

Housework day today, deep joy then will probably watch a film on sky tonight. Has anyone seen inception? I watched it the other night and omg I was confused, but it is a brilliant film. I don't usually like confusing films, I'm more of a easy watching rom/com girl to be honest, but I really enjoyed this. I also enjoyed Shutter Island that was quite similar... must be something to do with Leonardo Dicaprio! lol We'll, I did used to have posters of him on my wall, next to Keanu and Brad.

What's everyone got planned for the weekend? Shopping and X Factor final for us!

xx

F&C - I am wondering whether the waking up is part of a growth spurt. Scarlett does want milk but only one boob whereas she has two and sometimes three during the day. Last night she slept 9pm to 3am but was then up at 5am and 7.30am for feeds. Then she went back down at 8.30am and is still asleep. It's fair to say her routine is all over the place at the moment. I think the fact that she is teething is definitely contributing to it

Young Mummy - good on your OH for standing up to his Mum

Blob - sorry but I did laugh although I know I wouldn't have found it very funny if Scarlett did it. Not sure what to suggest about discipline - it sounds like you have tried all the usual things.

x

Emma, I blitzed my house yesterday and have just cleaned the kitchen and hoovered downstairs!! I have to do it everyday, I am very anal about housework!!

When Hope woke the first time she took 6oz but the second time she only had 3oz!! She has just had her morning bottle and fell asleep after 3oz!!! She will wake in a bit and finish it off. I am still in my pj's,feel like a right slob!

Oh Becs I wish I was like you, but I can only be bothered to clean the house a couple of times a week! I do a big clean on a Friday, dust under everything, scrub the floors, clean all the mirrors and windows, hoover under everything, etc but the rest of the week I just do mini tidy ups every day. Each morning I disinfect the kitchen and I also give the bathroom a going over midweek, but other than that I just do laundry and then tidy up at the end of each day! When I was pregnant I did it every day and my house my spotless, now it feels like a tip!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->