September Stars

hey lindsay and welcome, leo is such a cutie.. a lot of the SS are teething it seems

Young mummy- i cant believe your MIL, i was told giving them too much water is not good for them... ill dig out some info about it so you can take it when you next go there for defence..lol i would kill for a fag !!!!

Well after my rant yesterday DH has been great today . He let me lay in this morning, breakfast and cup of tea in bed. Went downstairs and he'd tidied up, washed the baby clothes and bedding . Tonight he cooked a roast turkey dinner it was lush. He also looked after James from seven this morning until half five this afternoon. So the fact it's two in the morning and I'm still up because James won't settle is fine because I feel reenergised.

Lindsey welcome to sept stars. I agree with Lbb regarding teething ring in fridge

I don't think I'll be first one pregnant as need to lose weight first also not sure I could afford nursery now..... James us going to cost us £910 per month. Can't see how I could have two as I'd still need to work and ideally would need to move from our two up two down ....I so want another baby

Btp love your LO for making dad a certificate xx

Young mummy - it amazes me how some people can be so stupid you have every right to be angry. Did your oh not agree with you and say?

Blob £300 on food? I feel better for spending £120 yesterday it's so easy to spend alot that's why I do Internet now so I limit my impulse buys

Welcome back Andrea, good to see you again xx

hey jelly sorry about all the comments on your photos on Facebook Hehe! James is gorgeous x

Welcome Lindsay, I can recommend the teething rings, Hope loves hers!!

Youngmummy, how dare they, what a pair of interfaring cowbags!!!

Jelly, so glad your DH helped out!!!

Hope had a random bottle at 11 last night and slept till 7.50 so not too bad, I am glad she gets up at that time as I don't feel like I have lost half the day faffing about!! I am off to the shops later, having my new blinds fitted today too and to top it all my bloody upstairs loo is leaking Ian has just informed me!!! Lovely!!!

what a morning bec we only have one loo and we have had problems with it this weekend too its just completely blocked probably cos we forgot to get loo rolls and was too late to get any so used baby wipes :blush:, just had a fight with the backdoor too wouldnt bloody lock! X

Morning girls

Welcome Lyndsay! Holly doesn't think much of teething rings at the moment, so I've been rubbing a bit of calgel on her tooth pegs and it seems to do the trick x

Youngmummy HOW RUUUDDE!! How dare they! I'd go mad!!

Jelly yay for the OH being good!! His ears must have been burning lol

Good night here, Holly was asleep for 10 and woke at 9.45, so getting on for 12 hours last night! Just need that bedtime a bit earlier! Nothing planned for today, just got my friend from antenatal classes and her husband and baby coming over for a bit tonight.

Started looking for jobs, which is very depressing! My maternity allowance runs out at the end of March so I've got a while yet, but I thought I'd better start looking soon seeing as I can only really work quite specific hours during the evenings and weekends. Matt found a job that would be perfect really as a Customer Support Officer for the local college, 4 evenings a week plus a saturday morning, but it's term time only which isn't ideal. I found myself making all sorts of excuses not to apply for it anyway as I just don't feel ready yet! I'm dreading it even though I'll still get all the days with Holly, I can't bear the thought of leaving her every evening at the moment!

xx

Emzy I'm having that battle with myself at the moment. I have always worked and I love my job, but I really really really am struggling with the idea of leaving Lilia. My mum is too far away to be able to help, Wayne will be away and I can't rely on him for any childcare anyway because of his job, so nursery would be my only option from her being 6/7 months old. My main problem with this is I have an hour commute each way to work and I have to be there by 8.15, so I would either have to leave her in nursey here at about 7am and not fetch her until 5.30/6pm, OR I take her with me and put her in a nursey near the school, but she has 2 hours in the car every day. At the moment, I don't want to go back! Wayne will have leave when he gets back from Jordan in June, I'm hoping I can go back full time then and hand my notice in, that way I will be paid up until the end of August and it should just about cover the amount of weeks I have to work to pay back my occupational maternity pay! Plus I will only be away from her for about 6 weeks and she'll be with her daddy so I'll feel loads better about it!

Lbb - I logged onto fb last night and laughed at all your entries !!

Louise I'm having to go down the nursery route as my DH is self employed I have to work as I'm the only one with a permanent job. Also once i qualify I will be the main earner. My office has just moved too from two miles away to now an hour commute so similar to you. I love my job but want to get qualified so I can find a job nearer by. My problem is I really want another baby but really don't think I can afford to with nursey fees being £900 per month two children would be £1710 !!

Becs I know what you mean by liking an early feed, it means you can get on with the rest if your day rather than half the day gone before getting out the house!

I'm snow bound again.... DH is working from home too

Louise awww :hugs: gutted you missed him

Lindsay :wave: yea i use them, DD has one on and i have one for Rosalie that i put on her ankle though she's not quite teething yet.

Youngmummy thats SHOCKING!! I would have picked her up told them where to stick their information and walked out :gun: :gun:

Urgh to having to work!! Wish I didn't lol

has everyone received their as pressie now? X

aw boo! I'm still waiting on an ebay package that was posted last week. Hope you get your SS pressie soon, then we can all tell who bought whose lol Not very secret are we?!

Holly just had a go at feeding herself some pureed fruit, got it everywhere but she managed it! Can't believe how grown up she is already. Here's a pic of her attempting to feed herself and one of her giggling away :cloud9:

xx

Attachments

• holly.jpg
    holly.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 5
  • holly3.jpg
    holly3.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 5
Awwww clever girl :wohoo: i dont think Rosalie is ready yet.

It's been a couple of weeks since I tried her on the fruit and it went better this time. Last time she pulled a face and spat most of it out. This time she couldn't get enough and was feeding herself (well trying to!) with the spoon. Most of it went in her ear, hair and up her nose, but she got about half of it in her own mouth and swallowed it! Clever girl x

im dreading going back to work and as im the deputy manager of a nursery he will be coming work with me lol! From my experience its better to choose a nursery closer to work as if they become ill or have an accident you can get to them more quickly and i suppose even more relevant if it snows and you are stranded at least you are stranded with the lo's not an hour away from them! X

clever girl holly! X

Work, thats a nasty word!!! I am not going to go back to work, by the time we have paid for childcare it hardly seems worth it. I am quite fortunate as Ian's job is quite well paid and he should be getting promoted again in a couple of years so a bigger pay rise. We have survived with me not working for 2 years and living off one wage so I know we cope fine so I see no reason to find a job!! I like being at home and pleasing myself!! I know I am a lazy mare!!!!

My food shopping is all done, my blinds have been fitted, roast is cooking nicely so all is well in the world!! We are forcast heavy snow tonight, we were meant to be visiting Ian's Nan tomorrow in Bedfordshire but we are not risking it, knowing our luck we would be stuck behind an accident for hours!!!

Go holly. Thats too cute :D clever little lady.

LBB - I think I mentioned to you about working in a nursery a few years back. I know lots of people who worked there said they wouldnt put their kids in to nursery knowing what theyre like :s

I still havent recieved my SS either Louise :(

Emzy love the pics of Holly , keep up the good work LO !!

Best not to risk it Becs, being stuck is bad enough, no with a baby too! I am driving up north to my Mum and Dad's on Wednesday as the weather is due to be slightly better, and then to get worse again on Thursday! Argh!!

SR, nobody loves us eh :(

Selfish....I HAD A LETTER AND A PHONE CALL TODAY WOOP WOOP!! So nice to hear his voice after over a week of waiting for contact!! He is going to try to ring later as Lilia was crying! She's such a chatty baby I really want him to hear her, hope she's in a talkative mood when he rings!! Having said that, she is laid on her playmat screaming as I type this... happy screams, but ear piercing!! It's her new game! We take it in turns but I can't squeal as high or as loud as her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->