September Stars

Poor little Leo. Sounds just like Harry and I've just seen his tooth coming through today too. What is the necklace?

Oh WOW I'm such a teenager, I've been playing with twitter and added Matt Cardle from the X factor on there, I just tweeted him asking him to say hi to Wayne in Afghan as he loved him till he went, and he just replied to me aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think I'm a little bit in love with him!!

IMG00457-20101220-2218.jpg

Right so here goes with me catching up!!!

Ashton + Parsons powders are a godsend!!! Boots do them for 2.49 a packet...you get 20 in a packet!!! Bloody marvellous!!!

My mum goes 'glamping'!!! The kiddies will whinge if they don't have comfort and their telly and computer!!

I totally forgot what else I was meant to say!!! Sorry!!

Thanks for all the messages about the in-laws!!! I dont think standing up to them is an option...i dont wanna offend or cause a row between me and the OH right now...

I'm having a bit of a difficult time right now....its coming up to the two year mark for when I lost my first little angel baby :cry:
It's just hard to imagine Kimi would have an older brother/sister and I know I'm lucky to have Kimi but I can't help but miss my little angel :(

xx

:hugs: youngmummy, I know how you feel, I had a similar 'anniversary' in June when the baby I miscarried would have been born, it's hard xx

:hugs: ladies x

Lou get u chatting to celebs ;) x

SR i cant remember...Spill which nursery was it? i assure you they are not all the same! When you choose or rather view nurserys dont make an appointment just turn up...says a lot if they turn u away! You will get the feel from the nursery too go with your gut instinct! x

aw :hugs: young mummy that must be really hard :-( I have been fortunate to never have lost a baby, it must be so so hard. And :hugs: louise x

Fishy yes I think it's her teeth bothering her again. She's got 2 coming through, one on the top and one on the bottom on the same side. Only the tips have broken through and they've been like that for a few weeks now, so I wonder if they are pushing through a bit more. She's been fussing and crying on her bottle and has also been going from screaming the place down to happy in a heartbeat. She's been fighting her sleep a lot too, but fingers crossed not been waking in the night so far. Been giving her calpol and putting calgel on her gums x

:hi:

Tongue Tie Update - we have been to the hospital today and Scarlett's is so mild they aren't going to do anything. According to the Consultant we saw there is no evidence that Tongue Tie effects speech development (which is what we were worried about) in some children it can effect feeding but Scarlett's weight is fine and it isn't effecting her at all. The Consultant said that under 8 weeks they will perform a release if the parents insist but they do it to put the parents mind at ease not because it needs doing from a medical perspective. Over 8 weeks it requires a general anaesthetic, so that's another reason I am glad they don't feel it needs doing.

Lindsay - welcome. We have been having teething issues. I can recommend Ashton & Parsons Teething Powders and Bonjela. Scarlett has a Mam Teether that goes in the fridge and is small enough for her to hold but she seems to prefer a Nuby Elephant one which is a soft toy. I have bought her a Sophie the Giraffe for Christmas as all my friends have recommended it as the best teether available.

YoungMummy - I'm actually appalled that your MIL and SIL would feed your baby anything without your permission. That kind of behaviour would have caused WW3 in our house. I think they are taking advantage because of your age.

:hugs: to the Mummy's that have to go back to work. We have decided to get by on one wage for the next couple of years and then I am going to start my own business so it can work around childcare.

On the baby front - I am not broody! I'm intrigued to know who will be the first Star to have another. My money is on Emzy.

xx

Little Ben also has tongue tie so we're seeing the consultant on Thursday morning. Ben's tongue is tied near the front although by a very thin membrane which means his tongue is square at the front. Can I ask whereabout on her tongue that Scarlett is tied just for comparison. I was worried about the speech thing too but they have said that they would freeze it and cut it there and then at our hospital even though Ben is 14 weeks old so wouldn't require general anaesthetic. Perhaps the policy is different dependening on doctor/hospital?

Go you Louise, in with the no 1 act eh!!!

I think cooper starting to teeth now aswell, thought it was too early but obv not!

I'm thinking of another baby, not immediately but think I might have another go in a year or two, be lovely to have a wee girly but a boy would totally not disappoint but really don't know if I can, so many problems with coopers pregnancy and birth oh I honestly think my mum would pass out with worry if I mentioned trying!!!

Well been wrapping family gifts all night am knacked now and we have masons carol concert tomorrow then into town to the winter wonderland and tgi's;)

Night all.xxx

Oh what a night :cry: enough said zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

F&C - Teething powders are completely natural and you dab it on their tongue rather than their gums. I have absolutely no idea how or why they work but they do. On the business front I think I'm going to do something with cakes. A while back I posted some pics of my Christmas cakes and fancy cupcakes. I don't know if you remember?

Lindsay - glad the powders worked

Jellycat - I had to wrap Sophie up to stop me giving it to Scarlett early. I haven't wrapped her bigger presents - seems a bit pointless. Scarlett had a present from my friend yesterday and was far more interested in the paper

Louise - I follow Matt Cardle on Twitter and saw that message come up in my timeline - I wondered if it was for you and thought it couldn't possibly be as that would be too weird!

YoungMummy - :hugs:

Blondie - Scarlett's tongue tie is quite near the back of her tongue and it has become less apparent as she has got older. They told me they would be willing to do it as she get's older if we feel it is effecting her. I assume they mean the way it looks as well as physically. The policy probably does vary depending on your health authority - lots of things seemed to when we were pregnant so this is probably no different.

Blob - I'm going to investigate "Glamping"

x

Mrs J, Scarlettes high chair is fab, she looks so comfy in it!!!

Youngmummy, sending you hugs xxx

We had a good night, Hope went from about 8.30 till 6.30 then she finally got up at 9.20!! Seems to be lots of babies teething, I don't think this weather helps either! Going to go for a nice walk this morning, then this afternoon we are baking spicy fruit bread and some gingerbread men!!

Morning girls!

Sorry to hear you had a bad night mrs J! From FB seems that a lot of babies had unsettled nights, maybe something to do with the winter solstice! Holly was ok though, slept 11 til I got up at 9. I think she would have slept in longer except the window cleaners were shouting and bashing around and woke her up! I'm quite glad in a way, as it means I might be able to get her to bed earlier tonight.

My Christmas Tesco shop arrived and I had fun trying to fit it all in the cupboards whilst Holly was wailing away in the background, she's been quite unsettled for a couple of days now but she will swing from laughing one minute to crying the next so I reckon her teeth are bothering her. I was wondering if she was getting a cold as Matt's had one and I feel as if I'm getting one as have a scratchy throat and keep sneezing. I hope we don't get it in time for Christmas!!

Going to attempt to get out with the Pram today. Need to get to town and also take Holly to see Santa! We tried on Saturday when we finally got out but he wasn't there! Must have been snowed in lol

Can't believe it's Christmas on Saturday woohoo! Excited now!! x

James has been doing the smiles one minute screams the next thing too emzy, he has also been chewing his fists and fingers and Does this thing where he sticks his tongue slightly out and rubs it side to side on his gums so think we have another teether! X

p.s. Nothing says you have a blocked toilet like a Flourescent orange dyno-rod van outside your house! :blush:

Emma, glad you gotyour shopping!!! Poor Holly xxx

LBB, deffo sounds like James is teething!!

Just give Hope some calpol, we walked into town and on the way back she was rubbing her gums and really chewing her fists, so she has had some medicine and a bottle and is fast asleep on Daddy. Its so hard as they can't tell you whats wrong, but a Mummys instinct is ususally right!!

Jayne, LMAO!!!!!! We managed to unblock ours using a plunger!!!

Its less glamping with 'things' more working with animmals and getting to see farms but sleeping in beds and having a farm shop and good food on site??

Louise ha ha i saw that on facebook what did he say?

:hugs: Youngmummy

:rofl: Jayne

Thats the insides of the 'tent', I cant wait to do it

Attachments

• 50-reasons-to-holiday-in--001.jpg
    50-reasons-to-holiday-in--001.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 10
oh we tried unblock it ourselves but it was a no go...it was blocked with baby wipes! . . .we ran out of loo roll one evening and shop was closed so used baby wipes until i went to town then i went and left them at my sisters and so used them again that night :hehe: :blush:

thanks Becs - 3 months where has that time gone!? I think he is teething he has really red cheeks now and is a dribble monster! X

blob i would live in that tent! X

Blob that tent is nice than my house!!

He hasn't seen it yet, hopefully he'll come online later so i can tell him! I put the photo on an e-bluey for him so fingers crossed he'll have that today! He said he's flying out to a FOB on christmas day and going out on the ground searching so probably won't have much contact then, just pray he stays safe. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->