September Stars

Oh WOW I just found these pictures... did them I think in second tri? Maybe 3rd... you put in a picture of yourself and OH and it produced a picture of what your baby would look like!!! Here is what my daughter was 'supposedly' going to be like, alone with a picture of the real thing!!
daughter.jpg

Gorgeous baby!.jpg
Hmmmm!! Did anyone else do this?

:hi:

Tongue Tie Update - we have been to the hospital today and Scarlett's is so mild they aren't going to do anything. According to the Consultant we saw there is no evidence that Tongue Tie effects speech development (which is what we were worried about) in some children it can effect feeding but Scarlett's weight is fine and it isn't effecting her at all. The Consultant said that under 8 weeks they will perform a release if the parents insist but they do it to put the parents mind at ease not because it needs doing from a medical perspective. Over 8 weeks it requires a general anaesthetic, so that's another reason I am glad they don't feel it needs doing.

Lindsay - welcome. We have been having teething issues. I can recommend Ashton & Parsons Teething Powders and Bonjela. Scarlett has a Mam Teether that goes in the fridge and is small enough for her to hold but she seems to prefer a Nuby Elephant one which is a soft toy. I have bought her a Sophie the Giraffe for Christmas as all my friends have recommended it as the best teether available.

YoungMummy - I'm actually appalled that your MIL and SIL would feed your baby anything without your permission. That kind of behaviour would have caused WW3 in our house. I think they are taking advantage because of your age.

:hugs: to the Mummy's that have to go back to work. We have decided to get by on one wage for the next couple of years and then I am going to start my own business so it can work around childcare.

On the baby front - I am not broody! I'm intrigued to know who will be the first Star to have another. My money is on Emzy.

xx

MrsJ I'm glad that everything is ok and they don't need to do anything about it! Wayne's youngest boy has a tongue tie and nothing was every done about that, and his speech is fine, he just can't stick his tongue out properly (which I suppose is a problem when you are 6!!)

Youngmummy, I forgot to say before, but I think they were COMPLETELY out of order!! You and your OH are the only ones who should decide what she has and when, at the very least they should have suggested it to you, not just gone and done it without your knowledge or permission. Lilia is having formula and nothing else until she has her first weaning food, which I will give her when i think she starts to need it! She is fine at the moment, still only on 4 7oz bottles a day so i don't think she needs anything yet! I might offer her some baby rice after the new year when she will be 17 weeks (argh!! Where did the time go?!)

Thats funny MrsJ thats what we decided... I'm going to start doing an online business course when Rosalie is 1 and then open it as soon as we build the house.

I'm starting a 'glamping' place here :) Its kinda like featherdown farms?? But without their name on it :lol:

I will have another but i'm leaving it about 6 years maybe :rofl: Ok maybe not that long but no less than 3...

Have a look at https://www.featherdown.co.uk/

Thats pretty much the same thing... Its like camping in huge tents and having massive fires, looking after animals and things :lol:

My cousins from Canada went 'glamping' in wales when they came over! They worked on a farm looking after the animals and stuff in return for their accommodation in a giant tent! They loved it x

MrsJ - Good they don't have to do anything about Scarletts tongue tie. Reguarding teething we've heard that Aston & parsons is good for teething and we've meant to pick some up for a while now.

Louise - I remember a few people doing that in second tri! i did one but never saved the picture. I dont think Lilia looks much like what was predicted though! she's much more beautiful :)

Here's a pic of Ellie and Daddy, I said she looks like him as a b aby but i dont have a picture of him as a baby here so you'll have to see what you think now. I think you can tell he's her daddy!
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs745.ash1/163752_498213588360_670868360_5729408_3862701_n.jpg

Hey ho!
Just a quick check in between bouts of vomiting. Simon's delightful flu has spread to me and possibly my husband.
Blergh.
Just kill me now.

Emzy, could it be teething? I know Harry can fuss when feeding and today I've seen a little tooth popping through. Uggh to looking for jobs. I need to start thinking about what I'm going to do as need to let my work know really - not legally, just out of curtsey. I don't think I should go back as they don't allow part time and it's in London which is too far from where I live and where Harry will be at nursery. Like LBB says, I want to be nearby in case anything happens whilst I'm at work. Speaking of which, think I had better start looking in to nurseries! Wow, Holly looks so old in those photos! I gave Harry a bit of bread to suck on today, just to see if he was interested but he wasn't so will hold off a bit longer.

Hi everyone, im new to baby and bump dont know why i want a member a long time ago great to hear everyones stories and know im not alone!

I have a gorgeous little boy called leo, born on the 3rd september after what i can only describe as 2 days of torture but all worth it! he was 8lb 3oz and keeps piling them pounds on at 15 weeks he's 16lb, the strange thing is tho he really doesnt look fat so not sure where he hides it!

anyway just wondering if u all have any advise on teething i think he is starting and getting very twisty especially at feeding time think the teet maybe hurting him, dont really wanna start with all teething powders and stuff straight away cos surely he will be addicted by the time all the teeth are through. Anyone got an amber teething necklace?

thanks girls x

:hi: Congratulations on your little one! My little boy is currently teething but we've only just had confirmation in the form of a little white tooth about to break through his bottom gum. All we've been doing so far is using Calpol, bonjela and teething rings (the ones you can put in the fridge). As I said to Emzy, Harry has been fussing at feeds. He's also been very grumpy recently and constantly swaying from happy and crying. He's been munching on anything he can get his hands on, and his hands! His little checks are red and he's been dribbling a lot. Also he's been sicking up a bit more. Ooohh AND he's not sleeping as well! (how could I forget that?!)

Youngmummy, I would be livid if any of my family started interfering with Harry ESPECIALLY food and drink wise! A friend of ours had something similar happen to her and she had to sit her Godmother down and tell her very politely to back away from the baby! I think they're being quite patronising towards you and I think you need to sit them down and calmly remind them that you're her Mummy not them and that whilst you appreciate their 'support' you would much prefer to work things out by yourself. Remind them that you will ask for their help when you need it.

Grr.. it made my blood boil but best deal with it diplomatically!

Louise, yay to speaking to Wayne!! :happydance: I did that photo thing as well. No idea where it is though!!

Great news on the tongue tie Mrs J! On your advice I have just bought Sophie the Giraffe. My friend has it for her little girl and I've just remembered how much she likes it. What is teething powder and how does it work? What business are you going to start? My money is also on Emzy with the next little star!!

Oooh Blob! Glamping?!! How cool! Wish Scotland wasn't so far otherwise I'd come stay.

Lovely photo sisterrose! What a pair of cuties! I can see they are related. x

Sarah, hope you feel better soon xx

Bekks, lovely picture!!

Mrs J thats brilliant news!!!

Louise, its lovely to hear their voices altho I always seem to forget what I wanted to say then when the minutes go I remember it all!!!

Blob that sounds like a right laugh!!!

Well Hope has been unsettled all day, don't think she is used to Ian being at home, think its upset her routine!! Finally done all my shopping and had my blinds fitted!! Oh and my bloody sonic toothbrush also packed up today, luckily they are half price in Boots atm!!

Fishy poor harry xxx We are the same, Hope has sterted waking around 3am for feeds and just generally been restless!! Its bloody exhausting!!! I have heard good things about those sophie the girraff!

Just given her some calpol, she has had about 30 minutes sleep today!!!

Oh WOW I just found these pictures... did them I think in second tri? Maybe 3rd... you put in a picture of yourself and OH and it produced a picture of what your baby would look like!!! Here is what my daughter was 'supposedly' going to be like, alone with a picture of the real thing!!
View attachment 148097

View attachment 148098
Hmmmm!! Did anyone else do this?

Yes i did one, i dont think i saved the photo !!!!

:hi:

Tongue Tie Update - we have been to the hospital today and Scarlett's is so mild they aren't going to do anything. According to the Consultant we saw there is no evidence that Tongue Tie effects speech development (which is what we were worried about) in some children it can effect feeding but Scarlett's weight is fine and it isn't effecting her at all. The Consultant said that under 8 weeks they will perform a release if the parents insist but they do it to put the parents mind at ease not because it needs doing from a medical perspective. Over 8 weeks it requires a general anaesthetic, so that's another reason I am glad they don't feel it needs doing.

:hugs: to the Mummy's that have to go back to work. We have decided to get by on one wage for the next couple of years and then I am going to start my own business so it can work around childcare.

On the baby front - I am not broody! I'm intrigued to know who will be the first Star to have another. My money is on Emzy.

xx

Really pleased it wont cause any problems in the future..... x

I don't know what glamping is?!

Its posh camping, i have been glamping for 3 years now... i have a sofa, aircon/heater, fridge/freezer, wardrobe, sink and cooker, chandelier and a carpet and its all colour coordinated its a 3 bedroom tent with living area. I dont do "normal" camping.

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v649/126/0/773449618/n773449618_2779849_3707605.jpg

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs085.snc1/4900_114973979618_773449618_2779834_6053315_n.jpg

P.s the travel cot is for the dogs

We are going to invest in a tent like that Kara!! Looks fab!!

Hi ladies,
Long time i know i know, Carley still gives me grief about updating the front page & as soon as i get my little lady into a routine i hope to get more time to get some of my old life back!!! This is the first time i have had my pc online since my last post..........weeks if not months ago - i dunno how you all manage to be honest? God love my phone for facebook & ebay access lol.
Well i just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas - hope it's a lovely one for us all with our little ones.Hope to be back on soon - until then i'll chat to the usual suspects on facebook during feeds :haha:
Take care all,
Love us xxx

Thanks a lot for the advise, had a bit of a night mare with him last night and today he would not feed at all screamed everytime i put a bottle near him, tried the teething ring and screamed. Took him to the docs as was worried he may have a poorly tummy but doc said he was fine. Got back gave him calpol and used Ashton & Parsons Teething Powders and he is back to feeding now...thankgod i worry so much! Inspected his gums when he fell asleep and there is a little tooth coming through at the bottom bless him. Think i will invest in one of those necklaces aswell anything is worth a try i hate to see him in pain!

Thanks again and merry christmas everyone! x

Thanks limpets have a good Christmas too xx

Mrs j - I've bought James the giraffe for crimbo based in friends recommendation been so tempted to give it to him early

Blob loving the glumping, I can't believe I've never heard if it before it appears really idyllic .

SR LO definatly looks like your oh they have the same eyes and face shape

Mrs j good news LO doesn't need the op xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"