September Stars

Just a quick question for you all.

Anybody else suffered with hair loss. My hair has been falling out in clumps for a couple of weeks now. i thought it was something serious until i read that this can happen between 3-6 months after birth due to your head retaining hair during pregnancy. When i say clumps i mean CLUMPS!!! Huge clumps. no bald patches but my hair is so thin you can see my scalp through my hair a lot more than ever before. Poor little ellie ends up with my hair all over her... :(

My mum said it happened to her when she had me...maybe it runs in the family.

I did mention it a while back, to be prepared because it can be quite alarming, I uaually find about 4 months it starts quite badly, don't worry, its normal and from where hair was retained during pregnancy xx:hugs:

How are people feeling about this awful Eastenders storyline? I don't know why I've been watching it. I honestly feel that if they cover such an emotive story they have a duty to do it as responsibly and accurately as possible. Why sensationalise it with a ridiculous baby swap? The other thing that got my back up last night was the way that the HV brushed off the weight loss. I know from personal experience that if a baby had lost 20% of it's birth weight it would have been taken into hospital. Scarlett lost 12% and we were rushed back in immediately with alarm bells ringing. Grrrr!

Agree totally, on both points, the midwife would know a baby was lost locally, and to then see a baby across the street with not only weight loss but the apparent loss of the condition with the foot the baby was born with and she didn't think it was a bit odd?? It is annoying me big time, it totally washes over the main point and trivialises it....just to annoying to keep going but so many bits of it are wrong at every angle! xx:hugs:

I really can't make my mind up about eastenders. I hadn't heard about the swap thing until I actually watched it, and I was wondering did she/didn't she for a while until Roxy went and saw the baby... It makes me cry every time I watch it to be honest, it's such a sad thing regardless of the silly swapping baby thing....although when i watched it I thought it was ridiculous that no-one said anything to her walking around at midnight with a 1 day old baby in just a blanket!

Just a quick from me, so no personals!!!

I am so glad to be back to normal!! Hope's moby wrap came this morning and I love it, so easy to use and she loves it too!!! I would so recommend one!!!!

Just received a huge bouquet from Wayne, will put a photo on facebook, so happy!

Boony - I guess the policy must vary between health authorities because with Scarlett they went into complete panic mode, took us back into hospital and kept us in for 3 days until she had put some weight back on.

BTP - I agree, I was hoping they would use it as a platform to raise awareness and make sure people know what the current guidelines are regarding Cot Death. Perhaps they will do that over future episodes? The other thing I found un-convincing was Ronnie falling asleep on the sofa with her baby in another room. For the first few weeks I couldn't cope with Scarlett being more than a metre or two away from me. If I had suffered a MC and had another child die in a car crash I'm fairly certain that would have been magnified ten fold. I suppose it's only a soap and I shouldn't get so worked up over it, it's just that usually they cover these issues so well and convincingly. I thought their portrayal of domestic violence with Little Mo was fantastically well done. I suppose I just feel a bit let down.

Louise - I thought the same - it was as if she was invisible in a square of people that know her. Hurrah for your lovely flowers, so thoughtful when he is the other side of the world.

Bec's - I'm going to google Moby wrap. It looks a lot like my Close Baby Carrier. I'm yet to convince Scarlett that she likes the Close Carrier of the Baby Bjorn - she shrieks as soon as she is put in either.

x

Hi all, hope everyone getting back to normal after festivities! Fabby we aren't going back to work eh!!! Everyone on FB so upset about going back;)

Emz- my hair is falling out in unbelievable amounts and no matter what I do it's in a horrible condition:( I remember it falling out with Mason and I was using a post natal shampoo from boots that really helped but can't see it this time.

Mrs j- sorry your Xmas wasn't what you expected, hope dh is doing better.

Louise- how lovely I bet you got a Massive lovely surprise:)

I'm the same with easties guys, really quite disturbing, I know it's not real but jeez after I watch it I just hug my wee cooper!

I'm starting ww tomorrow night, must eat all remaining treats today:)

Lbb - really hope James is ok xxx big hugs

Mrs j - sorry Xmas was rubbish . I hate the eastender storyline I think it's really poorly written and apparently have received lots of complaints

Emzy my hair hasn't fallen out but I'm definatly dropping a few expect more to come but to be honest my hairs so thick quite looking forward to it

Louise lovely thought from Wayne on the flowers xx

Another question from me James seems to be going through the night without his dream feed at eleven o'clock so only having 4 bottles of 7oz.... He's a big boy heading towards 15lb so not sure if this is enough for him. I hate waking him for his dream feed just seems wrong but can't feed when sleeping as doesn't take the bottle.... Don't know what to do for the best

Jelly, Lilia only has 4 bottles a day, times are roughly 9.30, 1.00, 4.30 and 8.30...she has 8ozs. Maybe if you are worried try 8ozs in his bottles to see how much he takes? I do believe they just settle into their own routine and there's little you can do about it! He would be unsettled if he were hungry I'm sure x

I dont know if anyone else has seen but Amy lost her baby today. RIP baby Ava. I feel so devestated for her and we have never even met. I just cant believe that life could be so cruel to someone who so deserves some happiness. :cry:

I've seen it too Laura, awful isn't it.. she deserves to bring her baby home and yet again she can't, it's so sad :( Ava joins her big sisters :( xxx

oh no poor Amy...big hugs Amy x x

thanks for all the well wishes James is still getting temperatures took him back the docs and his glands are swollen, iv got to try and see if he can go without paracetamol for 24hrs if he still has one which he has at 1pm then he will have antibiotics!

ladies yes my hair blocks the plughole at every shower! Lol

Louise how lovely x

Mrsj you poor thing, what is wrong with oh if you dont mind me asking? :hugs: x

My heart goes out to Amy, I have to say I cried when I saw it on fb. Life is so cruel, I just can't believe she has to go through it all again, Sleep peacefully little Ava xxx

I'm with you on that Becs. It's just too cruel for words. Do you think she would be offended if I offered to make her a keepsake? I think she might have had something made for Evie and Darcie but I can't remember.

That's a lovely idea Ann. I'm sure she wouldn't be offended at all. I cried too, Amy deserves to be bringing a healthy baby home from hospital, not going through this again. It's heartbreaking.

Aw LBB I hope James gets sorted soon, poor little man. What's his temp now?

Sorry to hear about your rough Xmas, MrsJ. :hugs:

I think it's a lovely idea too Ann :hugs: But as you say I'd give it a few days first I think xx

Ann thats lovely xx

Words fail me, I cannot imagine how Amy and Ian must be feeling. Its just awful.

I know :( I've had a little weep to myself, it doesn't seem like yesterday that we were lost for words when Darcie passed.. life is so cruel, and I can't help but think of all those people out there who can't be arsed with their children. They have no idea what so many people would give to be in their position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->