September Stars

I heard also today on a army forum lost her baby, she was about 38 wks. I keep looking at Hope and thinking how truly blessed I am. I feel really upset.

Aw no Becs that's awful. It really gets to me. Louise, it does seem so recent that Darcie lost her fight. The whole thing is so unfair. I just went up to check on Sam, I feel so lucky to have the boys. I whinge and moan about things, but blimey, it's nothing at all, puts life into perspective.

Oh gosh I didn't really know Amy as I'd joined just after darcie had passed away but you can't read about a family going through such torture again and not feel so so sad! I'm very sorry! makes you hug your babies extra close tonight xx

It does GG. Claire, it made me think how utterly trivial Harry's flu was. I am just so so incredibly lucky to have him.

I know what you mean Ann. We all worry about our little ones. We are just so so lucky to have them. GG, it really does make you want to hug them. x

Just read of Amy, so so sad. Makes me really upset. Thoughts are with her and family and Ava is a beautiful name RIP little lady :cry:

Yea I agree Louise feels just yesterday we heard about Darcie :cry: I just cannot believe it could happen again to her. Things like this make me question the world lots :nope:

LBB :hugs: hope he's ok hon

F&C I think thats a great idea :hugs:

When Rosalie woke up I just cuddled her tons really makes you apreciate everything you have got.

I think the name Ava is beautiful too, life is just plain cruel at times.

F&C I think Amy would really like a keepsake xx

Hi Ladies

No time for a catch up I'm afriad, but I just wanted to pop on for a group hug. I'm so upset for Amy, I can't quite believe it could happen to her family again so soon. The world can be such a cruel place. It doesn't seem like 5 minutes since Darcie does it? Makes me appreciate Holly all the more. She's been really unsettled tonight, crying constantly because of her teeth but it makes you realise how trivial it all is really.

Hugs to all ladies and babies and special floaty kisses for baby Ava. Sleep tight little one x

Oh no!
What horrible news.
Sending huge sympathy and love to Amy's family. It's just too much for anyone to bear that much loss. Absolutely heartbreaking.

i was just totally speechless when i saw about ava, and yes beautiful name for a beautiful angel baby x x x

Claire it goes upto 38.8 but he seems to be on the mend as he is feeding more and sleeping better x x

Ann the keepsake is a lovely idea hun so thoughtful! Iv not been able to get to the post office yet hun im so sorry but i will post you that bottle x x

Oh no, I feel so bad that I put a message on Amy's wall yesterday. I'm not on her facebook so had no idea that she had lost her baby. Obviously I wouldn't have done it if I had known, I just noticed she had visited September Stars over Christmas and I'd not been on so thought I'd drop her a line. I'm so upset for her, I can't believe this has happened to her again. It's just too cruel, the doc's must know why this keeps happening surely? It really puts things into perspective. RIP Ava :cry:

LBB - I hope James is on the mend soon, poor little chap he must be feeling so sorry for himself? No, I don't mind telling you what's wrong with my husband. Unfortunately he has a very rare form of Hereditary Pancreatitis that is caused by a defective PRSS1 Gene. Thought I should mention that because as soon as you say pancreatitis people assume he's an alcoholic as that is one of the main causes! It took nearly 2 years for him to get referred to Hammersmith and for them to find a cause. Apparently only 5% of Pancreatitis sufferer's worldwide have hereditary pancreatitis and of that tiny % only 5% have the type my DH has. The upshot of it is, he has a 50% chance of developing Pancreatic Cancer over the next few years which is almost always fatal. So, as a preventative they are going to remove his pancreas which will leave him a brittle diabetic. The operation is supposed to be taking place in July during the summer holidays (he's a teacher on the GTP programme) but as his attacks are becoming more frequent I have a feeling he is going to have to have the operation sooner and I don't know where that is going to leave him in terms of qualifying. It's all very stressful as he can't eat properly (the pancreas produces the enzymes to digest food, but in his case the enzymes don't turn off on their own so the enzymes are digesting the pancreas itself) so he's losing weight and can't get nutrition from food. We will have to get Scarlett tested when she is older as she has a 50% chance of carrying it too. But it's a bit like hayfever etc you can carry the gene but it might never get activated. DH has just been really un-lucky :cry:

wow Louisej that sounds very traumatic the poor thing its very painful too isnt it hope all goes well with his op. I take it he has spoken the training provider about his situation? I wonder if they can somehow rush him through!? I think you are both very brave x :hugs: x

Thanks LBB - we are still debating what to do at the moment. As he taught 4 hours a day for the first term he is way ahead of most other people but if he has the operation he will be out for 6 weeks so at the moment it's a case of whether he is far enough ahead that he can miss that time and still have enough time afterwards to complete things. On top of that the operation itself is not without significant risks so we are both apprehensive about him having it. So, at the moment it's a Catch 22 - my main concern is that if his health continues to decline the operation becomes more and more risky x

MrsJ that sounds really tough :nope:

LBB glad he seems to be getting better hon you must get so worried

I think MrsJ they were about to check to see what was going wrong when Amy got pregnant with Ava :cry: I really hope they find some answers for her and her family.

Mrs j that must be really hard for you and your husband. Hammersmith is a fantastic hospital my dads been going there for ten years now for his leukaemia and have always been at the end of the phone for any problems xx

hugs to all today XX

We went to baby weigh yesterday Layla has put on but Amelia hasnt put any on at all due to bringing up every bottle with coughing i felt so bad for her no weight gain in a month seems bad ive managed to get some porridge in this morning so hopefully she is on the mend.

MrsJ- it must be hard living with this hanging over you both thank god for modern medicine i hope things can be improved for you both x

Hi ladies, hope you are all well..

LBB Sorry James is still feeling poorly, i really hope he picks up today for you! Bless him x
MrsJ That must be really tough to be living with, on top of the issues with your SD it must be a really stressful household at times x
GG I'm sure Amelia will put it all on over the next month! It's such a shame she's been so poorly but if the health visitors were worried about it they would have said something I'm sure.. I haven't had Lilia weighed in a while, I'm going to go on Friday. According to the red book if she carries on the 25th centile she'll be about 13lb but I have a feeling she'll be a lot more than that! She seems to have chubbed right out and she is now going into 3-6 month clothes!! They are too big for her at present but her feet are a bit big for 0-3 babygros, and her arms are too long for the tops! Well.... tesco clothes seem to be teeny compared to other makes but I have so many 3-6 I thought it would be best to change over completely. Although.... today she has on my favourite 0-3 outfit, a little purple top and stripy leggings, it's so cute! I'll take a photo later. What size clothes is every other baby in?

I developed a migraine yesterday afternoon, it was horrible, I have alway had menstrual migraines so I'm used to having them monthly, luckily they usually only last half a day or a day at worst, but it was my first since probably second tri! It was a shock to the system having to look after Lilia alone while i just wanted to curl up into a little ball!! Plus, Lilia has now learnt to SCREAM....so when shes crying, she screams so loud, she's such a drama queen! And it hurt!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->