September Stars

:hugs: to all the sick babies and mummies :hugs:

LBB :hugs: Hon its not your milk dont stress they just sometimes do this and its hard to not wonder 'whats gone wrong' but your body is MEANT to do this there is only a few real cases where our bodies fail (not including the ones where they didnt get proper help) he's just growing up and testing you. Think we will just know when they are ready.

Genies I will get a photo next time she is on the floor :thumbup:

Rosalie seems to REALLY want food or just loves everything and wants to eat it? She tries to eat/drink everything I have. If i dont give it to her she screams at me :shock: I'm not weaning her as she's not 'hungry' so I'm just letting her taste things? Like today she had some toast to suck on and she pretty much gets what ever I'm eating...she seems to enjoy it.

Cant rememnber if I did post this.... THANK YOU SS :flower: I have a photo of Rosalie with her toy today :cloud9:

Hi all, sorry I've been gone so long but it's been a manic christmas and new year.... on that note, happy new year everyone!!

It's taken me nearly an hour to catch up so I'm going to keep this short as I'm soooooooooo tired, got back from minehead this evening after a very eventful journey with a little knock, an 8 year old and more sick than I have ever seen in my life, and getting lost! Argh!

Hope everyone is ok. Thanks for all thoughts about Wayne :hugs: it is appreciated. I have managed to speak to him a couple of times which has been nice, he has been very busy. His 2ic (second in command) from his original search team... the ones he should have been working with had he gone out in september as oringally planned... got hurt on new years eve, lost both legs and his right hand. It's awful, Wayne feels guilty as he feels he should have been with his team and if he had been it might not have happened. It makes me so mad that they don't think it is important enough to mention injuries on the news. Almost like if they don't lose their life, their loss isn't significant enough. Well our lot have had 3 killed in action and 6 wounded in action so far this tour.

Thank you so much to my not so secret secret santa, nursekel. I loved the handmade things you sent, and the lovely letter, it was really nice and thoughtful of you :hugs:

Right my bed is calling! I will be back tomorrow! x

YAY!!! You finally got it. I felt horrible it didn't make it to you before the holiday. I am so glad you liked them. I wanted to make sure it was something different and tailored just for Lilia. Glad you made it back home and that Wayne is safe. Get some rest!

Louise, so glad you got home safe xx I know what you mean about the injured, we had loads injured and it was only at the medals parade that you truly saw the impact of it all, very sad xx

Blob, Rosalie sounds like she will be into everything when she is older!!!!

We had a fab night with Hope, she went down about 9pm and slept right thro til 8.30!! It was bliss, fx'd we are now back to normal service!!

Cant rememnber if I did post this.... THANK YOU SS :flower: I have a photo of Rosalie with her toy today :cloud9:

I'm glad she likes it Sarah - my sister brought Olivia her "Sophie" and she loves it. Hope Rosalie loves it just as much. Did you take the pics with your new camera !!!? x

Louise- welcome back glad you managed to speak to Wayne hope you had some sleep!

Becs- glad all is well it always sounds like your doing a fab job with hope!

Poor Amelia is still coughing and she coughs up her bottle each time so I'm keeping a close eye on her to see if we need a return trip to the drs.
I'm also still poorly and had a little melt down this morning at the thought of looking after them and being I'll pathetic I know but dh has been great took the day off is dealing with them both Im resting on the sofa , the first rest I e had for months but I feel so guilty and pathetic

Louise glad you got to speak to Wayne over the holidays.

James loves his sophie he got given at Christmas

Lady k just seen your pic of all if pages shoes.... Love it

New question for the day, any of you having problems with LO finger nails and scratching themselves? I try and use integrated scratch mitts as much as possible, nail clip and file his finger nails but he still manages to scratch his face sometimes he makes himself bleed.... Any ideas what else I can do?

Blob, I feel like that, I am not weaning, just introducing a few tastes! I was thinking of giving her a spoon to hold, but thought she may hit herself in the face with it!
I know my milk is sufficient atm, although she has had a really hungry phase, but i feel if i leave it long enough without her realising there is more than milk i will struggle to wean when she really does need more food.
I am going to try a few flavours see how she likes it!
So far she has probablly taken no more than a teaspoon each time, i have made a bit of food up in the afternoon between a feed.:hugs:

Got a horrible headache still, this has been going on for ages, but Rosie did sleep 5 hours last night before her ten min feed!
She has also been very happy and chatty, if i sing to her or talk to her she joins in, very cute indeed, and cheers me up when i feel so rotten!!

Louise, :hugs:I think of you every time i hear news, it is wrong injuries don't get reported as newsworthy, :shrug:
Hoping you and lo are well xx:hugs:

Jelly, I know it sounds mad but clipping or cutting the nails just create sharp edges so should be done as infrequently as possible, you can peel the tips off the nails yourself as they are soft, or even nibble them, I know it sounds vile but the nail peels in its natural shape. I would see if you can just file them as they are then try not to clip or cut til they really need it, then file off any sharp edges after, scratch mits are a nightmare, and baby can't suck fists which if i did to Rosie she would be really unhappy! xx:hugs:

Off now to check fb, and change a little bottom!

:hugs:xx

Hi Guys

Wow. I think it has been about 3 months since i last posted on here and i certainly am not going to try and catch up. I have been chatting to most of you on facebook anyway so i count that as keeping in the loop. Problem is now i am having to really try to remember who is who because i know everyones real names.
As i havent caught up with the last hundred or so pages then i cant really join in any ongoing conversations.
I'm off to get Ellie weighed in a bit. Last weigh in was on 7th December at 10 weeks and she was 13lb 5oz so i imagine it will be more like 15lb this time!
Currently in the process of getting hold of my work and organising a meeting so i can discuss when i am returning to work, i am also trying to find a childminder/nursery place for Ellie....booooooo *sniff*. I will be returning in May...dont want to, but have received a pay rise and the money is worth going back for. Just dont want to leave little one.....

Hope all of you fluey ladies and babies get well soon.

Emma

Genies, you take it easy, good on your OH for taking the day off!!!

Emz, I know what you mean, fb is easier!!!

Jelly, I just file Hope's nails or nibble them off, they grow so quick!!!

Just in the process of making a veggie shepards pie for tea, and making my shopping list ready for later!! Also we need to go and fill both cars up so its going to be an expensive day!! I really wish Ian didn't have to have another car for work but we do need 2 cars as I don't fancy being stranded!! So its back to normal here tomorrow and tbh I can't wait, back on my diet and feel really good about this year, we have so much to look forward to!!

James is still no better ended up taking him the emergency doctors last night, i am beside myself with worry! They couldnt find anything at that time but said to keep a close eye on him as it could be the start of something, :o( x

Lilbump- you poor thing I hope little man gets well soon , is anyone around to support you? X

Hey guys, oh lilblue, been folloing your updates on fb, how horrible he isnt any better! big hugs.

Ive been quite lucky so far my 2 been ok!. Really bad colds/flu doing the rounds tho.

Was in supermarket today and went to pick up my formula and it had increased 53p, is bay fomula included in the VAT increase do any of you know?.xx

:hugs: :hugs: LBB hope he's better soon hun :hugs:

Laura noooope I havent got it yet :cry: It doesnt come until saturday.

major meltdown he is still running a temp 39.3 this morning! Going to ring docs when it opens x

Happy New Year everyone!

Sorry I have been awol. BnB keeps crashing and leaving me logged in. It's driving me mad, this is the only site that does it and I have to reboot to get back on and I just don't have the time.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas? Mine was a bit of a mixed bag. DH was in hospital Christmas Eve, they let him out providing he remained nil by mouth. So, I didn't cook Christmas Dinner and the Turkey is in the freezer. On the 27th we went to spend time with family in Dorset and stayed at my Dad's. My step-sister, her husband, 2 kids and my brother were also there so it was manic. My Dad seemed to spend all his time with my 3 year old step-niece which got my back up tbh. It's almost as if he is trying so hard not to show favouritsm to Scarlett over his step-grandkids he went too far the other way. I also had to fit in visiting the rest of my family which was no east feat especially as my Mum was working all day despite the fact she had months of notice to get some time off. Scarlett was passed from pillar to post and my Grandmother actually got annoyed that when we arrived at her house Scarlett was asleep!!! I felt lousy and worn out, I was hoping for some more support at Christmas but as DH was ill that didn't materialise. I also had my SD to look after too, who at 12 has morphed into a sullen teenager since starting Secondary School in September. Suffice to say when we got back Scarlett's routine went out the window for 3 days with her waking every hour. I ended up going to bed at 10pm on New Years Eve as I was shattered. After looking forward to it, I'm actually glad that Christmas is out of the way. I am cooking the Turkey on Saturday, I don't feel like it as the moment has passed but I've promised I will.

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant - I obviously needed to get it off my chest.

LBB - I hope James is ok. You must be really worried :hugs:

Boony - I can't believe you might be pg! We will all be waiting with you to find out!

Sorry have to go - I can hear squealing from the bedroom....

xxx

Just a quick question for you all.

Anybody else suffered with hair loss. My hair has been falling out in clumps for a couple of weeks now. i thought it was something serious until i read that this can happen between 3-6 months after birth due to your head retaining hair during pregnancy. When i say clumps i mean CLUMPS!!! Huge clumps. no bald patches but my hair is so thin you can see my scalp through my hair a lot more than ever before. Poor little ellie ends up with my hair all over her... :(

My mum said it happened to her when she had me...maybe it runs in the family.

Emz I've heard about this too, and BTP has mentioned it a few times... apparently you don't lose any more than you normally would, you normally lose 100 hairs a day or something like that?? But because it hasn't fallen out during pregnancy you've got all that to get rid of too which is why it seems so much! Mine has been getting so so knotty I can barely get the brush through it even when it's been washed and thoroughly conditioned! It is very long though, I'm in desperate need for a hair cut! I I have to say though the other day when I washed it, a massive lump came out, big knot, and since then it has actually been a lot easier to brush?!

LBB Bless him :( So sorry he's feeling poorly, hopefully the doctor can help this morning x

MrsJ sorry your christmas wasn't what you wanted it to be.... mine has been a bit of a nothing one too even thouh my family tried! Sometimes I think we build it all up so much it's inevitable that it turns out to be a dissapointment!

Thanks Louise - you are right. It's entirely understandable but I find it hard to cope when everyone wants a piece of Scarlett!

Emzdreamgirl - as Louise said, I've heard it's completely normal to lose hair after a baby. In fact, when I last saw the HV she commented on how thick mine was looking. I've been really lucky and haven't lost any yet. That said, I've been allowing my hair to dry naturally rather than straightening it so it's harder to tell what's going on as it's more like a bird's nest!

How are people feeling about this awful Eastenders storyline? I don't know why I've been watching it. I honestly feel that if they cover such an emotive story they have a duty to do it as responsibly and accurately as possible. Why sensationalise it with a ridiculous baby swap? The other thing that got my back up last night was the way that the HV brushed off the weight loss. I know from personal experience that if a baby had lost 20% of it's birth weight it would have been taken into hospital. Scarlett lost 12% and we were rushed back in immediately with alarm bells ringing. Grrrr!

Jayden lost 15% of his birth weight when he was born and wasnt taken into hospital.

I dont see a problem with the eastenders storyline. They're was a ay swap storyline in deperate housewives and nothing was said about that. With everything that ronnie has been through and can see why she did it and she did try to take the baby back when she realised what she had done but it was too late. She was in shock and probably didnt realise what she was doing until it was too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->