September Stars

Well, I'm still in the beautiful snowy mountains!
My poor youngest brother got hit with the norovirus last night, so we delayed the long drive back for one more day.

All this talk of next babies! Lovely!
I think I want one more, but I'm not sure. I'm giving myself more time to decide.

Toby is being quite sweet, but the drool is really starting to flow. I think he'll be an early teether like Simon. I told you all that the little tooth tip that appeared at 10 weeks disappeared again? I swear it was there! But there is nothing but gum visible now. :shrug:
I am finding that his little soother is being re-purposed as a teether! Lots of furious chomping!
I am quite interested to find out what he weighs now. Our next baby clinic appointment is Jan.12, so I don't have too long to wait. He's a lovely, chubby little thing - lots of big smiles and even rolling over now. :cloud9: Ah, babies.

Hope you are all well! :)

Hi Girls

Fishy so sorry to hear you've been so poorly. I hope you and little man get well soon, it's awful when they are ill too :-(

LadyK Holly also had a meltdown last night before bed. We're down at my mums and I think the disruption to her routine over Christmas has made her overtired and cranky come bed time. Poor unsettled babies!

She was a star on the way down on the train yesterday though, she was either asleep or just watching the world go by out the train window! She's such a little love, bless her smiling and 'chatting' with everyone all the time! She still hasn't managed to roll over, she gets up onto her side and gets stuck but it's almost there lol She's currently fast asleep on the sofa next to me. She slept well in her travel cot last night too. After her meltdown she went to sleep at 11.30 then slept til 9.30 this morning, which was good as I ended up having a few glasses of wine with my mum and sitting up chatting!!

Today we are off out to bluewater shopping centre I think. My mum wants to buy Holly some clothes in the sales and she wanted me to be here so that she can get stuff that she needs in 6-9 months. She's nearly into that size too, she's got so big!!

Oh and I forgot to say, Becs have you tried TK Maxx for a snowsuit? I was in our one the other day and they had a bunch on sale. We got some really good bargains in there, like a winnie the pooh set with a babygrow, vest, hat, bib and trousers for £2!!

Anyway best be off! Have a good day girls!

x

Hope all you ladies and babies are doing okay and had a brill xmas and new year. I havent been on for a while been really busy. Now me, oh and ollie have the flu which is a nightmare. Also for the past couple of weeks ollie has been waking at 3oclock for a bottle think he is having a growth spurt as he has been sleeping through since about 9weeks old.

sorry to hear your babies are also being restless, but kinda glad im not the only one. She has all the symptoms of teething but was also told by HV that dribbling putting hands in mouth and rosy cheeks are also normal baby things and may not mean teething.. but so many babies getting teeth early im still going to treat as teething, it cant do any harm. She finally slept at 1am... and woke at 6am which was a improvement on the night before.

she just sat on my lap screaming blue murder, had a huge fart and suddenly stopped... i found it highly amusing..

Becs- ill keep an eye out for you on size 6-9, shame because i have a 3-6 white one you can have, never used... was saying to mum a few mins ago i really need to swap it but cant be bothered to go all the to asda just to swap it..

I finally got Hope a snowsuit today In JoJo Maman Bebe, its a waterproff fleece one, it was £34 but I will get alot of use out of it!! I got 6-12 months, her 3-6 are tight and I put her in some 6-9 today!! She is tall and has a little belly bless her!!! They had some gorge things in there, really need to get her a new grobag too!!! My little girl isnt so little anymore!!!

I am having a bad time with paige last night and tonight, ok during the day but doesnt stop crying in the evening until i have paced up the hallway a million times and its doesnt help my joints hurt... she sleeps for about 30 mins then is screaming again, wont drink wont sleep until i have walked for miles. Grant on nights so i am on my own... I gave up smoking but i have a pack on stand by.....

Oh this time i only got 20 mins !!!

This could be Rosie right now! She has been about the last 5 nights, and usually she is such a good sleeper!
She is chewing her fists but always does that, I had thought about a dummy but i know she doesn't really need one, i expect she would just gag on it.
It is 3rd day of giving her a teaspoon of food, she had creamy porridge today and fruity porridge b4, she likes it but most comes back out, it is fun trying something new with her, and she seems very happy with it.
I got between 20 mins and 2 hours last night, at one point i had just got back into bed and she started grumbling again, not a nice night, then dh stays in bed all day saying how ill he is, and i have been looking after the children all day, i also did a pile of ironing, and took the children to the shops to post a letter in for my dd's birthday party, basically i have not had time to be ill, unlike my dh who has time to stay in bed all day, funny how they our 'our' children but 'my' responsibility! pah, men!
Anyway hope everyone is feeling better soon, my diet is out the window today, 3 shortbread biscuits, 1 mint aero and a cheese toastie too late for me today, diet stars tomorrow! lol:haha:

Just sat with the children watching toy story 3, now this i can do!

:hugs:xx

Well Lady K everyone said that to me too but then a tooth popped through so sod them! he he x

I'm pleased to report that Harry and me are both on the mend! Thanks for all your well wishes. xx

for all those with aches and pain... Esp Jellycat, found this reply to a lady saying she is getting pains in knees.. I have been getting cramps in my thighs too, i woke up this morning with bruising exactly where the cramp is.. going to make appointment with docs tomorrow.

Your symptoms are likely to be related to a number of factors.

As you point out, two stone is not an inconsiderable additional weight to be carrying around for a lot of the time on a day-to-day basis.

The hormone progesterone rises to more than three times the normal level during pregnancy. This is responsible for causing muscle relaxation and enabling the pelvis and vagina to cope with the significant change in shape required for delivery of your baby.

Your joints need muscles for their support and even four months after the happy event, it is possible that you still have increased mobility of your joints compared with before you became pregnant.

The cracking you describe may be due to the knee ligaments being more lax than usual.

These symptoms usually diminish with time as your hormones revert to normal, you manage to lose a little weight and your baby becomes more mobile, probably in that order.

If the pain is severe and your knees swell or give way, I would suggest that you arrange for your doctor to examine them and give their opinion.

Yours sincerely

Dr John Pillinger, GP

yay i can get on here today couldnt yesterday! Well iv also had 3 bad nights in a row with James last night was the worst iv ever had and today he is very unhappy fed lots and been sick lots too! When he wakes in the night he cries and shakes his head from side to side!? Hope everyone is better soon...i also have serious bump envy. Im so jealous lol x

just had a thought: dont know if you remember a while back my hv had told me that a study had shown that when a bf mummy snacked on sugary foods the baby was very irritable...well as its Christmas i have eaten so much rubbish and just wonder if there could be some truth in it!? X

My Physio said I'm hyper flexible which is what's causing all the problems now too ontop of hormones I have no chance ! Thanks lady k for checking it out hopefully we will be back on the mend soon !

JJ has napped for two and a half hours today and he's still tired! We tried to get him to crawl this afternoon he can do his legs but hasn't quite figured out how his arms should move!

F&C glad you and Harry are on the mend !

Becs- I love Jojo maman bebe very nice things , they offer twin discount too :) our store in Guildford has just got bigger

Fishy- glad your on the mend
Btp- useless men arnt they they don't know what proper tiredness is

Weaning has begun in our house babyrice didn't go so well but a jar of hipp organic apple and pear well that's just fab and we cry for more and leap on the spoon ,I'm using the vital baby spoons as they come highly recommended and are nice and soft all I need to do now is research feeding two at a time x

hey everyone!! hope your all ok.

sorry to hear about all the colds, flu and sickness happening with everyone - we are all bunged up and sniffly - but to be fair Roxy has been sniffly since she was born so we will just continue with the olbas oil and vapour rub!!

Roxy has been having the heinz banana porridge for a while now - she loves it, eats off the spoon well - even hol,ding another spoon in her hand and bringing it up to her mouth!! I tried her on half a child's banana tonight pureed with her milk and she loved that aswell!! Will try her with apple or pear next week I think!

She now weighs 13lb 13oz which im chuffed with - HV says she's healthy and happy - so I am!!

Shes also been chatting away alot recently, aswell as being a little pyscho on her changing mat - lifting her body up (like when you do a crab?) crazy thing lol

hope all babies and mums are doing well xxxxxxxx

I suppose if babies are different enough and obviously grumpy some calpol may help baby get a few hours sleep? If i cant work out what is wrong and she just wants constant cuddles, i think i may try calpol, and i think teeth can take ages to errupt, and be just below the gum for ages giving pain.

stmw, so pleased Roxy is doing so well with feeding, :thumbup: are her nappies really yucky? Rosies are still milky but yesterdays was sort of smoother after just a few days of only a teaspoon of food! :hugs:

Genies, i used to childmind when my eldest was 10 months, his little friend was the same age, i used to put one in the walker, one in a little seat and alternate baby, although i couldn't really go fast enough for hungry babies it was the less messy way! :hugs:

lilbumpblue, there could be something in the diet thing, since i have been on Christmas food Rosie has been settled less, and sleeping less, lets hope my diet food takes us back to some sleepy nights!:hugs:

Big :hugs: xx

defo gonna get James checked out at the docs tomorrow as he has a temperature now poor little man! X

James has started arching his back too when he is put in his carseat or chair little monkey! X

i wondered if it was to do with the crap i have been eating but paige has had mainly formula as she cries so much she wouldnt breast fed and also i was drinking over xmas.. but its kicked me in the butt as now my supply is low as i havnt been able to pump. Im thinking of giving up breast feeding anyway because i can never be sure the crying is not due to hunger and we cant get into a proper routine...

and she is crying yet again !!!!

iv been worried about whether or not my milk is doing him good now or if it just isnt enough now he is getting bigger!? Who knows! X

Fishy, so glad you are both on the mend xx

LBB, poor little man, there is so much going around at the mo xx

Kara, poor Paige, don't you just wish they could tell you whats wrong!!

Fx'd we are back in our routine, Hope is in bed and asleep by 9pm and wakes around 6.30am!! Her teeth are still bothering her but the ashtons and parsons works a treat.

LadyK - Poor Paige :( Hope she settles down soon!!

STMW - Good weight :)

GG - I can barely manage one...how you do 2 is beyond me :)

Jelly - Once they start moving...there's no stopping them!!! How cute though :)

Kimi is going to get weighed again tomorrow :) Lets hope for a nice significant weight gain so keep your fingers crossed for me please!!!
I'm hoping she is about 10lb 14oz but my OH wants her to be 11lb 4oz so we having a little bet!!!

She has been sooo cuddly today and very animated...cooing and talking away...makes my heart melt....we all had cuddles last night when she was getting ready for bed and it just made me feel all fuzzy and warm. I know I am only 18 but I have a little family and I honestly feel complete.... :) :kiss:

Hope we all have a good night tonight xxx

Oh and btw...

Boots are stopping selling Ashton and Parsons powders as it has 'apparently' been misused!!!! :(

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->