September Stars

I should be getting up but I thought I'd just do this quickly
Ode to Amelia
We always knew you were special and were prepared to love you whatever you were born with as it was you were just perfect I love your blue eyes which remind me of my dad he would have loved you so much! Your such a placid happy little thing, until bedtime :) your always charring your bunny and making cute noises and are simply lovely.

Ode to Layla
Lay lay you are so petite and cute looking you are so cheeky and everyone says you have a glint in your big brown eyes . I love your feisty side you will rule the house I also love your wild crazy hair , im not sure that you will though. Your smile and giggle every morning make my day.

I am so taking my dh back for a refund!

As for bad dreams, i finally got to sleep last night, this rotten cough has stopped it for ages, I have a pounding headache, and horrible dreams when i did finally sleep!
We have some good friends, they are the perfect couple and its a long story, but been through some very tough times through the loss of their last baby and they are amazing, one thing and another i think they are both great and I am really proud of my friend, she threw herself into work and has acheived so much, she is a champ.
Anyway in my dream he was coming on to me and it was awful, i kept pushing him off and of course I was thinking how could he, Oh dear it is reflecting on my trust issue isn't it!

I wish i could join in and remember the nice stuff, the why's as to our being together and I remember so wanting to be with him, let alone to be here with 2 beautiful girls, it was my dream, the trust issue has shattered them, and he has not even cheated that i know of, i know i couldn't cope if he ever did.
I still have the email of him telling some guy how hot his gf was and how he wanted more pics and how lucky he was, and i was pregnant with Rosie at the time, I found another one from the other guy offering 2 nights with his gf for my dh's car, ffs, no wonder I have issues!!!
My children are my life, whatever happens in life they are your children, and you protect and love them forever.

Time to go, my head is splitting open with a headache, my cough is a bit better but i could do with some sleep! :sleep:

Back soon, hope i am not depressing anyone, carry on with the gooey stuff!!:haha:

Rosie is sleeping on her change mat, she keeps chuckling in her sleep, sooooo cute! xx:hugs:

Ooooh I love my icandy too I love getting tons of colours for it ha ha ha!!

Well got to get babies ready...Rosalie is sleeping and Tabs and i in pjs...dogs crapped and I have to be ready in 20 mins :rofl:

Hi guys
hope to get back on here properly this week and catch up. Just to let you know im now not on facebook anymore...long story. So will catch up on here vv soon.

Emma

BTP # hugs#

Emzy hope everythings ok xx

GG love your two odes

Feel rubbish today spinning head and needing the loo alot.

Question of the day (always seems to be me sorry) for those not bf or on hormonal contraception have your periods got into a routine yet? Im still waiting for my second af and it's been 48 days so far with no signs except belly ache the past week. I had problems when younger hence why I'm asking

BTP - :hugs: I can sense your pain.

On the buggy front I have a Brio Sing - I really like it especially the massive basket. The only down side is like the Quinny the back wheel base is quite wide. I haven't used the seat part yet as Scarlett is still in the carrycot. I don't think she will be for much longer though. I suspect that eventually I will sell it on and buy a Cath Kidston McClaren - probably secondhand. I have thought about keeping it in case I have another baby but unless we move soon or I can convince someone in the family to store it for us, it will have to go as we haven't got the room.

I've got a case of the green eyed monster at the moment. I know there is nothing in it but a woman from my husbands course has phoned him a few times over the past couple of weeks to discuss some of the work they have to complete. The woman is married with children and he has only met up with her twice during their study weeks in September and November and no time outside of their course so I don't have cause to complain. I'm being a complete hypocrite as my DH has always tolerated my numerous male friends but I'm far more insecure than him. Yesterday she called his mobile while he was out so I answered it. To be fair she was perfectly friendly on the phone (although a little surprised I answered I think). I know it's naughty but I didn't think it would hurt to remind her he has a wife :rofl: I don't really like her calling him at home in the evening as it is the only time we have together and yesterday they were on the phone for 35 mins. DH deliberately called her back while I was in the room because he know's I get jealous!

Hi Emz hope everything's ok hun! x

MrsJ how annoying about that woman! I would be annoyed if a woman kept calling Matt in the evenings as well, more annoyed at her than him if you know what I mean! It's totally not the same but when Matt was a freelance journalist his editor (who is male) kept ringing him during the evenings and they'd spend up to an hour on the phone. I used to get really annoyed as it was almost every night and it took away from our time together. It used to piss me off as I'd spend ages cooking a nice dinner, only for him to get up half way through it to discuss a deadline or something! So I know how you feel, maybe it doesn't have anything to do with her being female lol

As for prams, I love my iCandy Cherry and I love it even more now we have the maxi cosi car seat to clip on it! Makes my life so much easier, can get taxis and Holly is very comfy in it. Will go back to the seat unit when she grows out of he car seat.

I've been watching This Morning and Holly Willoughby (sp?) is finally showing off her bump today! Every other day you couldn't even tell she was pregnant! She looks so lovely pregnant. I noticed today she kept rubbing her bump and scratching her thighs lol! I'm well jealous, I want my bump back!!

I'm sat here watching Holly rolling around on the floor- she rolls up onto her side then back down again. She's sooo close to rolling over but just hasn't managed it yet! Anyone else's babies rolling yet? My friend from Antenatal classes baby has been rolling both ways for a couple of weeks now and she's younger than Holly!

Both of our colds are still bad today, Holly woke up coughing lots last night but went right back to sleep and didn't wake up til 9.15am in the end.

They just said on this morning that the EE storyline is running til April! God, just get it over with!

Anyway better go, Holly's wanting a feed. Chat later x

Oh Jelly meant to say, my first 2 periods were like clockwork, my 3rd was a week late and my 4th was 4 days early! Still a bit muddled! x

Btp the headache us horrid you have my sympathy it's all part of the wicked cold bug but I have to say I've never had such bad headaches, made my jaw hurt .

Emzy- hope you feel better soon

Jelly- I'm back to 30 day cycles very heavy but not as painfull as they used to be

Emz, hope everything is ok xx

We went to Tiny Talk and it was fab, it was a small group and so nice to have adult conversations!!! Can't wait to go back next week!!!

Emzy Ollie is also rolling on his side but cant quite push himself rightover so sounds the same as Holly

My little girl is weighing in at 12lb today:happydance: Clever girl, the health visitor said that was brilliant with me having been so poorly, she said it can sometimes effect the milk but obviously had not, and i don't think she could quite believe i had managed flu and to bf without looking to suppliment her feeds, tbh she is not interested in anything else, which i did say.
She also said the antibodies from this germ will go to her through the milk so she won't be getting the bug, that is quite a relief as i was seriously thinking about the flu jab for her, I still am for my toddler.

If the baby doesn't go back to it's mother in Eastenders tonight i won't be watching it again, I know it's only one viewer but i hate the storyline.

Baby woken and crying, got to go!!:hugs:xx

BTP, go Rosie, thats fab news!!!! I totally agree about the EE storyline, its getting ridiculous now, I haven't watched since New Years!!

I have my first weigh in at SW tonight, then I am getting a takeaway on the way home!!! I also have chocolate!!

Hope things are ok Emz :hugs:

BTP sorry we must have sent that at the same time :hugs: so sorry hon it must be so hard :hugs: I cant believe that other guy though offering up his GF :shock: what a knob!!

Ok cannot see what was writted on this page I cant use the backspace and it wont let me scroll up the page ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Fucking tea and children FFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Blergh.
Horrible night after vaccinations for both boys.
I think all of us have a head cold.
Cancelling birthday plans for day in bed, instead.
We need a super tired smilie with large bags under the eyes.

Sarah that sounds awful, get well soon xx

Blob you sound like you are having a crap day!

aww hugs ladies! Seems like lots of people are having a bad day today, so here's something I pinched from baby club to cheer you all up. I thought this was so funny!

11 Steps To Take Before Deciding Whether To Have Children

Step 1
1. Go to the grocery store.
2. Arrange to have your salary paid directly to their head office.
3. Go home.
4. Pick up the paper.
5. Read it for the last time.

Step 2
Before you finally go ahead and have children, find a couple who already are parents and berate them about their...
1. Methods of discipline.
2. Lack of patience.
3. Appallingly low tolerance levels.
4. Allowing their children to run wild.
5. Suggest ways in which they might improve their child's breastfeeding, sleep habits, toilet training, table manners, and overall behavior.
Enjoy it because it will be the last time in your life you will have all the answers.

Step 3
A really good way to discover how the nights might feel...
1. Get home from work and immediately begin walking around the living room from 5PM to 10PM carrying a wet bag weighing approximately 8-12 pounds, with a radio turned to static (or some other obnoxious sound) playing loudly. (Eat cold food with one hand for dinner)
2. At 10PM, put the bag gently down, set the alarm for midnight, and go to sleep.
3. Get up at 12 and walk around the living room again, with the bag, until 1AM.
4. Set the alarm for 3AM.
5. As you can't get back to sleep, get up at 2AM and make a drink and watch an infomercial.
6. Go to bed at 2:45AM.
7. Get up at 3AM when the alarm goes off.
8. Sing songs quietly in the dark until 4AM.
9. Get up. Make breakfast. Get ready for work and go to work (work hard and be productive)

Repeat steps 1-9 each night. Keep this up for 3-5 years. Look cheerful and together.

Step 4
Can you stand the mess children make? T o find out...
1. Smear peanut butter onto the sofa and jam onto the curtains.
2. Hide a piece of raw chicken behind the stereo and leave it there all summer.
3. Stick your fingers in the flower bed.
4. Then rub them on the clean walls.
5. Take your favorite book, photo album, etc. Wreck it.
6. Spill milk on your new pillows. Cover the stains with crayons. How does that look?

Step 5
Dressing small children is not as easy as it seems.
1. Buy an octopus and a small bag made out of loose mesh.
2. Attempt to put the octopus into the bag so that none of the arms hang out.

Time allowed for this - all morning.

Step 6
Forget the BMW and buy a mini-van. And don't think that you can leave it out in the driveway spotless and shining. Family cars don't look like that.
1. Buy a chocolate ice cream cone and put it in the glove compartment.
Leave it there.
2. Get a dime. Stick it in the CD player.
3. Take a family size package of chocolate cookies. Mash them into the back seat. Sprinkle cheerios all over the floor, then smash them with your foot.
4. Run a garden rake along both sides of the car.

Step 7
Go to the local grocery store. Take with you the closest thing you can find to a pre-school child. (A full-grown goat is an excellent choice). If you intend to have more than one child, then definitely take more than one goat. Buy your week's groceries without letting the goats out of your sight. Pay for everything the goat eats or destroys. Until you can easily accomplish this, do not even contemplate having children.

Step 8
1. Hollow out a melon.
2. Make a small hole in the side.
3. Suspend it from the ceiling and swing it from side to side.
4. Now get a bowl of soggy Cheerios and attempt to spoon them into the swaying melon by pretending to be an airplane.
5. Continue until half the Cheerios are gone.
6. Tip half into your lap. The other half, just throw up in the air.

You are now ready to feed a nine- month-old baby.

Step 9
Learn the names of every character from Sesame Street , Barney, Disney, the Teletubbies, and Pokemon. Watch nothing else on TV but PBS, the Disney channel or Noggin for at least five years. (I know, you're thinking What's 'Noggin'?) Exactly the point.

Step 10
Make a recording of Fran Drescher saying 'mommy' repeatedly. (Important: no more than a four second delay between each 'mommy'; occasional crescendo to the level of a supersonic jet is required). Play this tape in your car everywhere you go for the next four years. You are now ready to take a long trip with a toddler.

Step 11
Start talking to an adult of your choice. Have someone else continually tug on your skirt hem, shirt- sleeve, or elbow while playing the 'mommy' tape made from Lesson 10 above. You are now ready to have a conversation with an adult while there is a child in the room.
This is all very tongue in cheek; anyone who is parent will say 'it's all worth it!' Share it with your friends, both those who do and don't have kids. I guarantee they'll get a chuckle out of it. Remember, a sense of humor is one of the most important things you'll need when you become a parent!

I had to stop reading some of the odes, particularly Mrs Js as they were making me cry!

BTP, I am gutted for you, really I am. I just hope that in time he will earn your trust again and things will be back to how they were. Those emails are truly shocking so I can totally understand why you don't now trust him. I think I would be the same and just not see my dh in the same light. Your dh is meant to be there for you at all times and to make you feel so low, especially when pregnant, is awful. Big :hugs: As I say, hopefully he'll win you back hun.

Hope you feel better soon Sarah.

I've now totally forgotten everything else!!

Harry had his last injections today and although cried a lot during and just after them, he now seems back to his normal lovely self! I'm being naughty and letting him watch Cbeebies at the moment as a treat. He's sitting in his bouncy chair kicking away and talking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->