September Stars

I think that you have to be working for them for 26 full weeks before you qualify for maternity pay...something close to that anyway! If it was part time, I believe that you have to work the same as 26 weeks full.... so 5 days a week for 26 weeks would mean that if you worked 4 days you would have to do about 32 weeks.... I think this is the way it works for teachers anyway, may be completely different otherwise!!

tiredgirl is also pregnant...got to admit part of me would love to be pregnant but part of me wants to enjoy paige before morning sickness kicks in...and im not buying a double buggy after all this crap with the stokke.... lol

# 52 weeks maternity leave, regardless of how long you have been with your employer
# Statutory Maternity Pay for 39 weeks, provided you have worked for your employer for 26 weeks by the 15th week before the baby is due. You may qualify for Maternity Allowance if you do not qualify for SMP.

But some companys have thier own maternity package, i didnt think it matters if your full or part time... but im not 100% sure

Becs - :hugs: only just made it on to BnB and caught up. Well done for being brave enough to admit you don't feel yourself. You are a great Mummy and when you get the help you need you will see that too. I really hope you manage to get an emergency apointment

:hi: to Optical and Elphaba

Lady K - we are waiting on pins to see if your pram turns up!

Well I have had a terrible morning - Scarlett had a major melt down for no discernible reason and nothing would calm her down. It started when she woke up and didn't take as much milk as usual - she then had a nap which only lasted 45 mins and was awake at 10am right in the middle of me making some puree so the timing couldn't have been worse. (Note to self:make puree when DH is here or MIL next week) I managed to distract her with her swing and play mat for a while but she wouldn't settle so I fed her at 11am and although she was obviously hungry she was thrashing about and not feeding properly. Then she managed to projectile vomit all over herself and me - cue change of clothes which she promptly was sick on so I had to change her again. In the end I put her in her pram and took her for a walk which calmed her down. When I got back at 1.30 she fed again - calmly this time. I've checked her temperature and it's normal so I can only assume this is teeth related. At the mo she is in her swing and seems a bit happier. Last night she went to bed at 6.45, took a dream feed at 10pm and I thought brilliant I should get a decent night but no, she was up at 2am and 4.30 before finally waking up at 7.30am. Talk about regression - it's like she is a newborn again! I didn't even attempt to give her porridge at lunch time, she definitely wasn't in the mood. I might try her this evening if she stays awake long enough as she was trying to grab my spoon when I had my lunch 15mins ago.

Thanks ladies :flower: so it's not as long as I thought :)

We always said that if we had a girl, we were going to try for another. Not because I particularly want a boy (I hate it when people try for the 'full set'), but because we only have 3 bedrooms... Emma's is a double, so it has plenty of room for Izzy to move in with her and free up the nursery. If she were a boy, we could have moved them in together, but then if I'd have had another boy, they'd have had to move into emma's room as it was bigger (which wouldn't be fair).

I HATE that money and practicalities have to play a part in having more kids, but we're pretty much on our arse at the moment (especially with the wedding and honeymoon to pay for).

Also... and I feel SO guilty saying this... but i'm actually really... bored :blush:
There. I've said it. I love Izzy to bits, but there's only so much cleaning I can do, and no matter how much I want to, something stops me going to baby groups every week. Maybe i'm lazy, or scared. Truth is, i'm sick to death of seeing the bloody house, but I have no money (or mummy friends) to do anything else. So maybe that's why i'm looking for work too :blush:

Louise j James was just the same with the waking up last night! Its so tiring! X

Optical i know what you mean hun x

Hi All,

Optical welcome back, glad the computer is back on B&B!

Elphaba, Hellooooo! :hi:

Congrats YoungMummy, Wow, nice close babies to play together! Hope you have a nice easy pregnancy!:hugs:

Um, brain blank, as per usual!

I am keeping Rosie in with us atm, I have just moved a unit out of our room to fit the cot in better as it was a bit crowded, but is much better now.
The girls are in together atm, in the smaller room, the boys have the bigger one because there are 3 beds in the boys room, so i intend to move the girls to the boys room, the boys don't use the 3rd bed unless my stepson comes to stay and that is getting so irregular its not really worth having them in that room but dh just cant bring himself to admit his little boy is growing out of coming to stay!
My ds looks like he will be moving in with his gf towards the middle of this year, which will leave me with only 1 boy at home:cry: he will have the girls room with a bunk so if any of them decide to come and stay there is a bed for them! Then the girls get the boys room, but it is one big furniture swap round, and i don't fancy it atm, plus Rosie is really good in with us, and i love having her nice and close, as long as i am bf i will have her in with me!
Blimey that went on!!:dohh:

I am starting to say never say never to one more baby! But not too soon, I would like a year not being pregnant, I do find it hard work being so sick all the time, and Rosie was quite a good pregnancy!
If we do it will have to be next year, I want to do it before i turn 40, and that gives me 2 years (well 1 year 11 months and counting!!)

Rosie has found her finger or thumb to suck, it is so cute, as soon as i get the pics on here i will show you!

Becs, :hugs:xx

Optical, I don't think i would keep trying for the full set if i hadn't had both, I know i was really pleased to have my first girl after having 2 boys, but would be just as happy with 5 boys or 5 girls, they both are lovely, i couldn't choose which i would want if i was able to!
Have you done any study at home, that occupied me for quite a few years!:haha: :hugs:

Ladyk, really hope your pram turns up, would be fab, what a mistake:happydance::hugs:

I got my postage agreed to be paid back by mothercare but i need to email them to let them know i got the order and am happy with it, which i will do, I got an email saying the free postage promotion had finished, but it clearly advertised it on the site with no date, good will gesture, mmmmm that annoys me when they say that, it was probablly the argos name drop where i said they did it cheaper! :haha:

Well got to go, One happy baby asleep, one fairly happy toddler watching toy story 3, one 7 yr old playing outside, one 10 yr old trying to find his remote controlled car to play outside (getting more annoyed by the second), my eldest not back yet, and dh feeling poorly but think he is going out to get his new must have gadget that we will use once and never need but if he wants it who an i to argue:shrug:
I spot time to check out facebook, or go and put tea on, now let me think!!! Actually chicken in oven:haha:

Back tomorrow, if i get a chance, taking my 3yr old with her 2 little friends to paint pottery tomorrow for her birthday treat!:thumbup:

:hugs:BTP xx

i've been dying to get on here for the last few days but my laptop died and i had to wait for a new cable to arrive!

I did a pregnancy test the other day (friday) and it had a very very very faint line on it. it was clearblue and i'm not sure if it was abit too early my husband thinks there wasnt a line as he couldnt see it but i could so i have another one to take on friday again if i dont come on before then.

Hellooo

Ooooh youngmummy!!! :happydance: Congrats!!! How exciting! I'm very jealous... I was just talking to my friend and we both want another one NOW but we have both decided to wait til the end of the year to TTC, although if Matt got his way he'd have another right now! Congrats sweetie how exciting! x

I think I will start getting Holly's room ready for her to move into over the next couple of weeks. She's already 5 months and I'd like to wait for 6 months if we can, so I'll see how we go over the next week or so I think.

Went to baby group today and they did a little baby massage session which was good. Had Holly weighed as well and she is now 17lb 7oz!! Nearly on 91st centile now, little chubster! She's had a bad nappy rash for a week or so and the nurse woman thinks it's thrush so I need to go and pick up a prescription for her tomorrow.

I'm applying for jobs now too, just part time evenings and weekends. My maternity allowance runs out in April, but I've seen a good job so if I was offered it I'd finish maternity early.

Anyway best be off, back later xx

Good morning!

Wow, exciting news, youngmummy! Huge congrats! :happydance:

And Boony, too, maybe? Fingers crossed for you!

Glad the party went well, btp! Have fun at the pottery painting!

Optical - no shame in feeling that way. It's just honest. I felt the same way by the time I went back to work. Love Simon to bits, but I needed my professional self back. This time around, Simon is older and way more fun to hang out with! And I feel far easier with my second baby. I don't worry as much about every little thing. Life is chaotic, but not boring. I found the challenges of the "one little baby at home" scenario harder, I think.

Had more to say, but forgotten everything as I have not had any :coffee: yet!

Ill be honest i think if i had another boy i would try for a third hoping it would be a girl, so many people get slated for wanting one of each or all girls/boys but people cant help how they feel, ... but i have always been honest and said i wanted a girl so badly, hubby said we could only have two children (+ jake) if i had all boys i think i would have convinced him to try for another... look at victoria beckham, i still reckon she went for that gender selection thing.... but i have one of each now and i get asked all the time what would you want next, I really dont mind, i have bonded with paige more and love being a mum to baby this time around but i think a lot of it is due to my age and also the fact i was not myself after i gave birth to jake. The funny thing is i have had dogs over the years and only really bonded with my girl dogs, my mum pointed it out the other day... maybe i have a problem with men/boys but dont we all :haha:

Boony !!!! yay another maybe pregnant SS....thats three then ?? make sure you post here when you find out for sure x

all these birth anouncments congrats to those who have been taking tests!

Funny we talking about work as thats just where ive been they have a temporary staff shortage so im goin g to do the next couple of afternoons to cover but it is hanging in the air the possibilty of going back early its weird a whole bag of mixed emotions feels a bit like your old and new life bumping into each other you know?

WOW youngmumy thats awesome news :wohoo:

:hi: Optical :hugs:

I would loooove another one but I hate hate being pregnant and my MS is so bad I cannot do that with baby and toddler right now :nope:

Boony OMG you too maybe :cloud9:

I have to say I prob do too much with my girls I only really get an afternoon on a tuesday and Friday morning to try and relax. AND OMG how much easier it is to look after baby I forgot ha ha! Its so so nice :cloud9:

Had slight problem today with Rosalie fell into the bath while I was having a shower :cry: she moves SOOOO fast now :nope:

Kara I have two girls and I feel like i've bonded better with Rosalie :shrug: I dont know if its just that you know what to expect? Or maybe its personality I have no idea but its weird?

Blob, don't feel bad. Tobe fell out of the bed the other night. I heard this little squeak of surprise, sat up (suddenly wide awake) and began frantically patting around the bed, trying to find him.
Luckily, he landed on a bunch of cushions, and we don't have a very high bed, anyway. He wasn't at all upset, just sort of surprised.
And I am now both barricading him in and giving myself stern lectures that it's time to make him sleep in his crib!

I think I'd like a girl, if I was given a choice, but I am truly so delighted with my boys, that I am A-okay with either. I want another child, not a daughter, specifically. And I am going to do Team Yellow with #3.

If I'm honest...I would love to have a boy just for the sake of having one each and I know how much my OH would love a boy, but a girl would be easier as I have all the clothes and things ready for a girl....

Boony - Good luck with the testing.... FX'd!!!

x

how many of you found out the sex while you were pregnant and would you do the same this time around? I always wonder if i bonded better with paige because i knew the sex, all of a sudden she had a name and a face and i bonded straight away after i walked out of the building where i had my scan... Grant doesnt want to know the next time and i would love the whole surprise at the end but i think i may end up finding out

I have bonded with Rosie more than the other girls, and my second boy, there is a bond that i cant describe, love them all to bits but feel a different sort of closeness for the 2nd and last!

Boony, good luck xxx

:hugs:

Lady K - I haven't got anything to compare it to (and we kept the fact we knew the sex to ourselves) but I think knowing the sex helped bonding because we named her soon after finding out and when I bought things from then on I had the sex in mind. If we have another and that's a big if, I would definitely find out the sex again.

Blob - hope you are both ok :hugs:

Boony - a line is a line as they say - congratulations. It looks like we have another September baby boom on our hands

Scarlett went to bed at 6.30pm and I'm enjoying the sound of silence. I'm off to the docs on Thursday - things still aren't right since the birth and now I have a lump in my stomach....

x

I will always find out the sex as long as I could...because I hate surprises...and it makes it easier for clothes and stuff!!!

But I'm not sure abt the OH!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->