September Stars

I didn't give her any calpol no, I haven't given her any with any of her jabs, to be honest she has slept slightly more but no other effects.. she is a bit whingy now but I think that's my fault because when I took her bib off I just pulled it and the velcro bit was really sharp and scratched her neck and she cried :( Bad mummy!

As far as routines go, I haven't followed anything, just gone from Lilia's cues, and I think she has got herself into a lovely natural routine, she has 4 bottles a day, almost the same times despite different wake up times, and for the past few weeks she is generally in bed about 8ish, 90% of the time she goes into her cot awake but is asleep usually within 1 playing of her mobile so about 15 mins! Don't worry, I don't take this for granted! She is a happy contented baby and I am very lucky, I think she knows her dads not here so she is being nice to me!

Louise glad Lilia was ok with with her jabs! I hate it when you do things like you did with the bib, yesterday I poked Holly in the eye when I was putting her in her pram and she screamed the place down, I felt sooo bad!

Took her to clinic today about her rash and they said it is a thrush rash. I said that since she had oral thrush at 6 weeks, I've told the GP twice that she still has 2 white patches in her mouth but each time he said it wasn't thrush. She looked and said it was, it probably never completely cleared up last time and it's spread through her digestive system and down to her bum. I'm so annoyed! I know thrush isn't serious and it's easily treatable, but that's not the point. I've been fobbed off twice about it and I could have been treating it way before it spread to her bum!! grrr stupid doctor.

Anyway best go make dinner now, speak later xx

Lady k are we talking January 2012 to estate ttc if so Im in :)
Hope your pushchair turns up tomorrow

Mrs J giving calpol used to be what everyone did but now the advice is NOT to give it just before or just after!! You can give it a few hours later if they get any symptoms but the whole point on the jab is to fight off the infection and if we give calpol there is a chance it wont work as well... This new information only came out when Tab was getting her MMR and its not going to be an issue but its just the new line of 'thought' on jags. :hugs:

Rosalie also had Jags today and I TOTAALLLY forgot :dohh: she was meant to get them at 9.15 and I only remembered at 9.10 so got a later time. She was really good with them and doesnt seem to bother at all.

I do hate it when dotors treat us like morons :grr:

BTP I went to pottery place with the girls on sunday :cloud9: is so much fun!! We did a teapot with a hand and footprint and Tabs did a star and Rosalie got a footprint on a tile as Tabs has one :)

So proud of Lilia! She has always hated tummy time, she would grunt for about 30 secs before crying to be turned over, but she has just been PLAYING on her belly!!! For a good few minutes! AND she used her arms outstretched to lift her chest off the floor...she has NEVER done that before! I had started to think she would never crawl as she can't handle tummy time!

Hey there ladies!! Forgive me for no personals, I have been reading all your posts but everytime I have gone to reply something has happened!!!

Congrats on the BFP's!!! I don't want another baby, not broody at all!

Erm routines, I just follow what Hope wants/needs, normally bed is around 9pm and she wakes around 7.30/8ish, so quite good!!

I had my hospital appointment today with my consultant, I am all healed down bellow and she was very pleased!! She went through my rather large folder with my notes in, it kinda helped to know why it went so wrong, she told me if I want a baby in the future then I would be offered the chance for a c sec but I told her if and when I had another I would want a vaginal delivery and I would rather be induced at full term, she said that would be a good option!

I am feeling ok today, I haven't cried today or lost it but I think thats because I have had a couple of hours break from Hope, probably done us the world of good! Gonna try and get a Dr's app on Friday as I am busy tomorrow, I know I need help and I want it now not later!!

Be back later, I have a pooey daughter!!

OMG there are pages and pages to catch up on but before I do and whilst I remember..

Becs, massive hugs. Good on you for being open about how you feel and seeking advice from a Dr. xxx

Youngmummy.. WOW!!! Congratulations!! Are you incredibly excited?!

Emzy, Harry has been in his own room now for about a month and it's been brilliant! He sleeps so much better because of it and now we don't have to tiptoe around our room anymore, plus we have space back!! I love it! x

Glad you had a positive appointment Becs, and glad you had a better day today... you're right, a couple of hours break was probably just what you needed today! x

Well Lilia is in bed and dare I say it it's all quiet! It seems to have naturally got itself earlier recently, whereas she used to be in bed by 9ish... now she seems to nearly always be in bed 8ish. I presume as she brings her bottles closer together she will either go up to 9oz and spread them out a bit more, or she will want an extra bottle a day which will put bedtime back a bit... we'll have to wait and see!!

Louise :hugs: I can only imagine how hard it must be for you so I'm not surprised you have crying spells, you poor thing. That's great about the jabs though - thank goodness they're over!

Boony, wow another BFP! Congratulations.

Harry goes to bed at 7pm but he just kind of put himself in to the routine. He always got sleepy at 6/6.30pm so we give him a bath, feed him, put his mobile on and he just falls asleep. He normally wakes several times and after a quick feed goes back down but the last two days he's self settled. It's amazing!

Sorry.. I can't remember everything else!

sorry it read but totally forgotten everything i just feel so mentally exhausted! Well im returning to work on 21st march been told i can do 4 long days instead of 5 days if i like but i dont really know if i want to be at work from 730 until 6! It would be such a long day think im going to see about doing 8 til 415 then i can get home that bit earlier! I really envy you ladies that can be sahm's! :( x

Lbb I've been thinking exactly the same thing of would it be possible for me to squeeze 5 into 4 ..... My work would start at 7 but it's an hours commute so would leave home at 6 in the morning . I'd then be able to pick JJ up at 5, I'm thinking at least then I have three whole days to spend with him without a massive reduced I income. Only problem the nursery I'm looking at on Friday offers a massive discount if you go five days a week so think financially we will be in a no win situation. Big hugs going back to work xx

Becs that's good news about your debrief, hopefully things are clearer now regarding the delivery xx

I dont know what I'd do if I had to go back to work :nope: though I do want to work I hate my head not feeling like its being 'worked' but I'm going to try and do it from home.

:hugs: Becs glad you had a better day... Nobody can feel happy with no breaks hon, I went mental around Christmas when OH was working all the time I just needed a bit of a break. Now I seem to put both girls to bed and no matter what time I take myself into the kitchen and have some tea in peace. Also I found if I get up before them I have some time in the morning before the meyhem begins :hugs:

i think the big thing is that im the deputy so have a lot of responsibility and i used to do office work one day and work in a room 4 days and there was talk that i would be permanently office based but now a girl in the room i was in has handed her notice in! So im going to be back to 1 day office 4 days in a room :( i just dont think i can do it now its strange and i just feel out of the loop iykwim! X

Evening girlies. I'm so sorry, I really am crap of late. I can't blame it on anything other than being busy and knackered (as are we all), and the current family drama.

Wow Young Mummy!!! (and probably Boony!)... congrats!! How exciting!

I am slightly jealous of all the ttc next year talk! I would really love to think I would be in with you all, I suppose you never know! I would really like to think I could have just ONE more!....

I'm not back at work until late August. But I can say from previous experience that I dreaded it, and then when the time came, it was fine after a couple of days. That said, I don't want to go back! It will be fine though. I do 3 days, I drop the kids at school and then get to work for about 9.15. Then I finish about 5, so it's not too bad. I do Mon-Weds, so am off 4 days. I did originally work 4 days, but preferred the slightly longer 3 days and 4 days with the kids.

Right, am off to bed. Will try my best to catch up tomorrow. xx

I know what you mean LBB... I adored my job but I have decided I want to have more time with Lilia! I don't want to leave her for such long hours, not when her dad has a job which means he's away a lot, not to mention the first massive chunk of her life! I am the only thing that has been consistent for her so far and I'm not prepared to cause her any more upset! I am going to go back for the last half term full time, when wayne is home on leave, and then I will finish.... I don't know if we can really afford it but I plan to do a few hours piano teaching and I might see if I can do some GCSE paper marking in the summer for extra money!

Hi girlies

Whoop Holly is in bed!! She got me up at 7.30 this morning, so it's naturally brought bedtime earlier. She was asleep on me by 9.30 and down in her cot by 9.45. Hope she doesn't get me up at stupid o'clock!!

Becs I'm glad your appointment was good. I hope it's managed to clear things up about the birth for you. I was saying to Matt last night that it really bothers me that I can't remember a lot about Holly's birth. I mean, I can remember it, but I was so spaced out I can't remember it all in sequence if you know what I mean? I said next time I want it videoed so I can play it back and see what happened!!

Booo about going back to work. I'm lucky I only have to go part time, I think I'd have heart failure if I had to go back full time! I'm already feeling a bit panicy about leaving her for evenings, etc. I've applied for that college job, so we'll see if I get an interview. I hope so as it would be ideal! Although it makes me feel sick the thought of leaving her 4 evenings a week :cry: I should think myself lucky when you guys are having to go 4 or 5 days :cry:

xx

Emzy why don't you get a de-briefing? I spoke to my HV and she said they are trying to encourage all Mum's to do it. I found it so helpful and and since been emailed notes so I know what happened. I apparently went from 0-10cm in less than 5 hours! Also Harry was back to back and got his head stuck as he didn't tuck his chin down like he was meant to.

Lbb - out of the loop is exactly how I felt at work today , I didn't know any of the children really or the new routine . I was a deputy manager doing the job of an assistant but that's what I'll be going back after Easter to do as I just can't do my old job part time.

Fishy that's a good idea... I thought you had to have had a traumatic time to request one? I didn't have a particularly traumatic time, it was just very long and I can't remember a lot of it and that really bothers me. And I'm still really bothered about being taken away from Holly to be stitched in theatre. Maybe I should ask for one. What did it involve? What did you have to do? x

Emzy, with Tabs birth I do not remember a thing.... I had another totally natural really fast (not that Rosalie was fast) no drugs water brith and I dont remember anything. I dont remember Robin I dont remember the nurses and I dont remember her being born (except the crowning). I remember big things I remember hearing people screaming when we went into the ward, I remember hating the radio, I remember wanting to push and them not believing me but I dont remember her once she was born at all :cry: :cry: I think I was so so traumatised by it and I'm not sure why but my body just refused to let me remember it?? It was a really intense labour and I think that has something to do with it. But its sad, thats why I decided to have a home birth this time and it was amazing I would have done it again straight after. I remember everything. I was the only person who touched her I pulled her out the water I fed her in the pool it was magical.... I have no idea why we forget our births but I think we just protect ourselves from shock :hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->