September Stars

Coronation chicken, like chicken in mild curry sauce...buy it on prepacked sarnies from shops!! It gave me salmonella once, I ended up in hospital on a drip! I don't eat it now!!!

Oh no Louise :shock:

YM well I make it myself so no salmonella its REALLY easy...

Pretty much you

Chop up an onion and fry it up with some currypowder around about a large teaspoon until onions are all soft. Then shove it in the fridge until its cold...then get a load of mayo and mix together and then I kinda shove things in (can you tell i've made it too much to know quantities or anything :blush:) I put in a bit of orange juice some mango chutney...if you like sweet things I put in a teaspoon of jam and then chop up some dried fruit. You have it with chicken breast and either rice or baked potato?

It sounds really odd but i love it ha ha

Uhhhrrr best book EVER if Jamie Olivers 30 min meals (the older one) its SO easy and yummy and perfect if you have children I found?

I normally make curries and things with chicken Oooooooooh what about fahitas? or Enchilatas? (sp)

I can!!!!!

I honestly...have NEVER cooked a meal in my life...and i've lived on my own for 2 years.... :)

(apart from the curry i made the other week)

Choose something that doesn't look too daunting to you and go for it! If it doesn't work, don't worry about it! He'll appreciate the effort anyhow!

Becs forgot to say earlier good luck for tommorow and hope it goes well xxx

Young Mummy my easiest chicken dish is Pesto Chicken
Boil Pasta
Chop chicken in chunks and brown until cooked in small amount of oil
add brocolli heads to pasta for five minutes at the end.
Mix pasta chicken brocolli together and stir in pesto sauce (I always buy Jamie Olivers but any green pesto will do)
Top with grated cheese.

It takes about 20 minutes max, its tasty and quick.
With frying the chicken in chunks I cut it large pieces then when cooking I break them up so can tell when cooked through as meat is completly white

Good Luck !

Right im off to bed as now have a stinking cold, would rather this week as I'm back to college next week.

Right now on my phone sitting in bed DH One side snoring and my dearest James at the bottom of bed snoring ...... My question is ......

Blob do you heat up the coronation if your having it with rice or is it always a cold dish , quite fancy making it as think DH would like it too but not sure on it being cold.

Its always cold as heating mayo isnt great :)

Just get a fahita pack?

Serves 2, really easy, chicken!

U need
2 chicken breast
2 sausage, take skin off
4 rashers bacon

Place chicken breast on chopping board, cover in clingfilm, beat hell out of it with rolling pin or frying pan til spread, remove clingfilm, then place sausage in middle, roll chicken up around sausage, when you have 2 chicken rolls wrap then in the bacon, place on dish, oven for about 25 mins, yum!
Serve with mini roasts, (just diced potato roasted in oil) and veg of your choice.

This is really simple, tastes great, you really can't go wrong, and looks quite impressive to serve.
:hugs:

Didn't get much sleep so bit of a zombie today, mil coming round so not too chuffed dh couldn't have canceled her today:shrug:
Was up hourly, between the two youngest, my toddler decided she didn't need a pull up on so took it off so i had to go and strip the bed down and put her back in with pull up and then she only took that one off as well and wet the bed again, this time with no protective sheet for the bloody expensive mattress I got the girls, (each its a bunk bed, made it sound like they shear a mattress!) so not pleased wee has got on it, or being up twice for her when she only had to leave the flippin pull up on!
Rosie woke her normal times but it was between my toddler being up so i had hour snatches of sleep at a time:wacko: Now i am not really with it, I know this because i have just cleaned the kitchen!:haha:

Got to go, want to check out fb and get dressed b4 mil comes and i am making tea and breakfast for her and dh, the term slave and wife i am sure are closely matched, only arn't wife's supposed to get sex? Another thing not seeming to be returning, and he is out of excuses now, as soon as my coil has settled i hope he realises its buisness as usual! :haha:

Back later, good morning all, on this wet and cold Wed morning! :hugs:

I'm sitting having a coffee so what have I not done?

It's singing today the teacher wants to take one of the girls to make it easier MMm which one to give her ...

Amelia is sitting laughing at jess the cat I think we watch too much tv!

All this talk of chicken makes me hungry

Tell me about it GG, now I want fajitas!! Can't go wrong with those young mummy, you can just pick up a kit at the supermarket and it's minimum fuss!

Not such a good night last night, she went down in her room at 9pm with no fuss... should have known it was too good to be true then really! I slept in my own bed (!) and she woke up crying at 4am, so I went in and gave her her dummy and she seemed to go back to sleep so I went back to bed, no sooner did I close my eyes she started crying again. This happened 3 times, so I went in and picked her up and rocked her a bit. She went back to sleep so I put her down and got in the nursery bed, then she woke up 10 mins later talking to herself. I tried ignoring her but she started crying! Then I changed her nappy, cuddled her a bit and put her down asleep, but she woke up again! This went on for about an hour or so and in the end I kicked Matt out of our bed and took her in bed with me. To be honest it didn't make much difference as she just wriggled about and punched me in the face a million times, before letting off an enormous fart and going back to sleep LOL! She slept in with me til 8.15 and I woke up being punched in the face and then to a beautiful smile, so it wasn't all bad. I really want to keep her in her own cot though... any tips on getting her back to sleep if she wakes up in the night. What do you all do? I didn't want to bring her downstairs or turn the light on or anything, but then there is only so much rocking, etc I can do, she is so heavy!

xx

Also, when do babies generally say their first words? Matt's been trying to get Holly to speak from about 2 weeks old LOL! This morning she made a Ma sound and she hadn't done that before that I've heard! I was like say Mummy, say Mummy!!! lol Is it around 8-12 months they say their first words?

xx

Very quick, very selfish, will catch up later, but to let you know I spoke to Wayne just now yippee!!! I got back from coffee morning to find yet another answer phone message :( Thought I'd missed him yet again but he rang back woop woop!! Only got a few mins as the charge on his satellite phone ran out but hey ho!

Yaaay Louise must be so nice to hear from him :)

Emzy I think its around 7 months or maybe slightly earlier? I think Tabs was about then and said Doggie ha ha then mummy and Daddy was MUCH later :haha:

:hi: ladies

Scarlett and I are full of cold - it's so annoying as MIL is coming over from Crete to meet her for the first time tomorrow and obviously because she's ill she is being a right grumpster.

Louise - so glad you got to speak to Wayne.

GG - Scarlett is rather taken with Postman Pat and Guess with Jess. I've tried explaining to her that she isn't the target audience but she doesn't care. This morning she was watching Timmy Time and was completely fixated, I had to tickle her toes to get her attention.

Emzy - DH has been trying to get Scarlett to talk and I must admit I chat to her all day. My Mum said I was an early talker and haven't shut up since, I was having conversations at 10 months apparently. I watched a Horizon programme about how baby's learn to communicate and it said to literally give them a running commentary of what you are doing all day long and not to worry about looking silly.

I went out to buy Scarlett a new Comforter today as I keep having to prise a Muslin away from her to wash it. I bought her one before she was born, it's a lovely soft bear from M&P but I think she might be allergic to it as it's quite fluffy and she kept sneezing when she was holding it. My auntie bought her a gloworm one for Christmas but it's got so many things hanging off it - teethers etc that if she moves in her sleep it wakes her up. :rofl: I managed to get one half price in Mothercare. It's a little soft pink one with a fairy's head and purple sparkly wings. I gave it to her when we left the shop and she hasn't let go of it since so it looks like it is going to be a hit.

Right my little flump is asleep so I'm going to relax and take some paracetemol while I can

Hope everyone is having a good day

x

They chatter and talk from any age, actual words come in a bit later but they can make ma and da sounds, Rosie sounds like she says yea, i say ok sweetie and she goes yea yea, its funny!
I am encouraging mama!! Apparently dada is easier to say but both my other girls said mama before dada!:happydance:
My first dd all she said for ages was mamamama on and on!
Its just a case of listening to them now!:hugs:

BTP same as Tabs she said mummy WAY before dada :haha:

See I love to talk to them and read to them but i'm not really bothered when they do things. I know that mine are more 'physical' than great at talking (well seems to be with Tabs). She walked early and said words but some of her friends had 'converstions' lots earlier. But for me they all even out in the end and its quite nice when they dont back chat you all the time :rofl:

Tabs learnt 'no' really fast :nope: was not great!!

Mrsj I chat rubbish to Holly all day! She must get sick of me talking lol Holly sounds like she says hiya all the time its so cute! We say hiya holly and she goes hiya lol! X

I too am always talking to and singing to Lilia! Even in public.. people must think I'm crazy!! If i didn't talk to her, who else would I talk to at the moment?!

When she cries, it sometimes sounds like she's crying mummy! She kind of goes 'aaammmmeeeeeeeee'!! Bless, it's a surefire way to get cuddles!

She had porridge again today, I made up a little bit more as she ate the whole lot yesterday, i used two formula scoops of porridge. She was grabbing the spoon so I gave her a spoon to hold and she was putting it in her mouth and trying to suck off it! So at one point I put a little on her spoon too and she ws trying to eat off it, so cute! I can't believe how quickly she has gotten the hang of it! Once again, she ate the whole lot and cried when it was gone!!

I have a question though, i know that even though they are having some solids they are still supposed to have milk as their main source of food, and solids are supposed to just add to it, but both today and yesterday I gave her a bottle straight after her 'food' and she had 4ozs....half what she usually has... now I know this is because she had just eaten food but is that how it's supposed to be? Or should i be giving her her solids in between two bottle feeds? I just worry that there's not 'enough' in the food compared to her bottles! Maybe I'm being silly, I'm sure the volume of food she has probably equals what she leaves in the bottle?! How does everyone else do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->