September Stars

Optical where abouts are you? Can you get to Manchester?? Could meet with me and Asher and lilia and anyone else that's near? X

Becs, Bargains! Oh I love bargains! I have lots of monsoon, Sophie wore it and i have kept for Rosie, very pretty things!

ladyk, yes I do have to program myself to turn off the monitor at night when i feed, but i have got there now, it did go off a few times but then i realised the unit had dropped on the floor and was set to low and needs to be at least on med through a baby matress!:dohh:
I bought another because the one i had for Sophie has stopped working the parent end, so it is ok while she is in with me and still works but when she moves rooms i will need a new one, I just happened to see one on offer so got it, now i can't find them anywhere, i only got it last week!:shrug:

My tesco delivery came, bang on time again, and everything good, very pleased with them, seeing as when i used to have them they were crap and it's taken me this long to even try them again!
I need to shop better though, i had to go to tesco for something totally mundane and i could have had it in my order, then got to till and some stupid git pushed in, and so i went to the next till and they did a change over, and i thought yes this is why i internet shop!

Youngmummy, you really shouldn't beat yourself up about the birth, the outcome was one beautiful baby xx:hugs:

Teeny, thanks hun xx

Optical, :haha: I don't blame the place!:haha::hugs:

MrsJ, that airwrap looks good, better for the summer than a sleep bag! :hugs:

Bye for now xx:hugs:

oops pressed submit before I was finished! Been to baby group this afternoon which was nice! also have organised a meet up of all the people I've been chatting to on netmums, I got loads of replies to my meet a mum post and its easier to meet all together, so that's on Thursday. I wish we all lived nearer so we could all meet
Xx

Kara... I've bought these milk powder dispensers by tomee tippee and some thermal bags. That way, I make up the bottle with boiled water, measure the scoops into the dispenser and pop it in the thermal bag. Then I just pour the powder in the water when ready and give it a shake - it's dead easy :thumbup: On a night I do the same, but then pop it in the bottle warmer if it's gone cold.

Emzy, I'm in west yorks, so about an hour - 2 hrs away - I could do it though! :happydance:

Hey - does anyone wanna feel depressed? Take a read at this entire thread of insanely skinny people:

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/518601-wish-looked-like-6-weeks-postpartum.html

As i've put on it just now... It's officially my motivation to get my sorry lazy ass to the gym! :blush:

Kara, I make up my days bottles in the morning and they go in the fridge! My sister did the same, so did our parents!!

OMG Optical, now I feel extremely depressed!! My tummy looks saggy and stripey, how on earth did they manage to look like that!??! Mind you, I didn't look like that before getting pregnant, so I've not got much chance now LOL!

I make up the days bottles in the morning then put them in the fridge and warm when needed. I did it with Jayden and my parents did it with me!

I use carton milk now as a) it's easier and b) Holly is much less windy on it for some reason? Anyway when I used powder I did it a couple of different ways. I started off making fresh, then when that was a pain in the arse, I made up 6 in advance in the morning and put in the fridge, then I noticed the last couple smelling cheesy, so started making up 3 at a time. Then my friend told me her trick, fill each bottle with half the amount of boiled water (eg for a 6oz, add 3oz boiled water), screw the caps on and leave on the side. When baby wants a feed, boil the kettle, top it up to 6oz with freshly boiled water and add the powder and shake. Made it the perfect temp, although not sure about the sterileness of it as it's not being added to boiling water. Anyway I didn't like using it at all so use the big ready made cartons. They live open in the fridge for up to 12 hours, so I don't see why a made up bottle wouldn't? x

I was about to post asking if anyone still looks pregnant and boobs saggy but after reading that thread ill shut up and sit in the corner and rock myself for the rest of the day !!!... I never went back to my pre pregnancy figure with Jake, in fact it took me 11 years to lose the weight.. im twice as big now my boobs went to a G and now i have stopped breast feeding my boobs are deflated and saggy, i didnt think i could get any more stretch marks but my boobs are covered in them.. cant even wear tummy tucker knickers like i did before, it looks worse !!! i can make myself look 6 months pregnant without even trying !!! that thread sucks big time, god im depressed !!! but it stopped me eating chocolate which i was planning on doing while paige is alseep, so it may be a good thing i read it.

Louise and boony, glad you do it that way because thats what i want to do, didnt hurt my son either he is still alive.. its so much easier... im going to do that way now !!!

Emzy- im using cartons at the moment.. but we have run out and its getting expensive..

I've had a really shitty day today i've been crying on and off most of it. The other day all the family met up and made arrangements for the funeral and i said i would organise flowers from the grandkids (theres 8 of us ranging from aged 30 down to 12ish) theres 4 of us over the age of 18 and 4 under. When i first went the flowers worked out at around £42 each with only the 4 oldest paying because the others are young and dont really have any money which was fine by me. Then i find out my cousin thats older than me shes 25 i'm 24 is saying she doesnt think she should have to pay because she doesnt have a job well she doesnt have a job because she seems to think setting up a band is a much better option!!! grr

Then my dad said that my grandmas kids had decided to help pay for our flowers because the one that says 'mum' doesnt cost as much so fair enough theres 6 of them plus the 8 grandkids so i divide up the total cost of the flowers between us all and it works out £21 each including the younger grandkids so i text everyone telling them how much the owed me and that i needed it by friday to pay them on saturday.

Then my dad phones me about something else and he said that the younger kids are only paying £10 each so it works out £27 for everyone else, now this doesnt add up they've either forgotten about one of the kids or they've added up wrong it should be £26 each.

The part that really bugs me is that nobody has even rang to tell me that the kids are paying a tenner or told me which kids it is thats paying less!!

My cousin thats doesnt think she should pay reckons its because she doesnt work but neither do i but i still have to pay ok so i'm married and my husband works but its not his responsibility to pay for my grandmas flowers but does she see me moaning errr no shes my grandma and i'd pay the whole lot if needed!!!

So these people that are sat on their arses leaving all the funeral arrangement to my dad to do on his own are sat there working out how much the flowers cost each of them without even informing me the person that has organised them and paid for them!!!

If they dont sort themselves out they'll be sorting there own fucking flowers and these will be from me my dad and sister only!!!!

sorry for the rant but i've had a shitty day and now i'm crying again! I'm sure its hormones because i wasnt like this when my grandads or best friend died. This baby must be a girl because my boys didnt make me this emotional lol

:hugs: boony, It's hard to give advice but what I would say is, do what you feel is the right thing without being drawn into anything horrible.. unfortunately you might have to bite your tongue for your dads sake? I understand though, they're taking the mickey, leaving you to organise something yet sorting things out behind your back :hugs:

I'm so proud of Lilia, I tried her on baby porridge for the first time today, she has only tried rice before and we've had no luck, but she ate the lot today! She must like porridge! I only made a very small amount but it all went. At first she was pulling funny faces and wasn't convinced, but by the end she was grabbing the spoon and opening her mouth for it!

Also, I have had a feel in her mouth and.... I think I can feel something sharp, at the bottom of her mouth where her fangs would be!!! I might be wrong, but she has been her normal happy self today so it occured to me that maybe it had broken through.. I can't see though as she always sticks her tongue out!

RANT RANT RANT :growlmad::hissy::devil::gun::trouble::grr:

They have the results...on the computer....and i cant have them....

Why????

BECAUSE THE DOCTOR NEEDS TO MARK THEM ON FILE!!!!!!!!

They'll be ready by 2pm tomorrow.....ive gotta wait til tomorrow now!!!

Its a p1sstake!!!!

x

boony- i would also be very upset, and to be honest i would stuff them all and just get flowers done from you guys and let the rest of the family get their own !! its shows what people are really like when something like this happens !!!

young mummy- i cant wait another day !!!!!

Boony I would also say stuff them and do flowers just for you guys. If they don't appreciate it, then let them get their own flowers! hugs :hugs:

Youngmummy I can't believe they are making you wait again. That's awful!!!

thanks everyone.

young mummy i hope you get your results tomorrow cant believe theyre making you wait x

I'm going stircrazy here...i just wanna be double sure...i just wanna know now!!!!!

Boony Big Hugs xx

Youngmummy Good Luck for tomorrow i'm sure they will be fine xx

Lady K, I used to make water in bottles in the morning and then place powder when needed. I now make them fresh each time as thought it might be contributing to JJ being sick..... to be honest theres no difference

Yay my highchair arrived today, I really want to get it out and use it but its too early :-(

Boony, they should all be ashamed of themselves quibbling over funeral flowers, do they not realise how that looks, or even how just plain rude and thoughtless they are being, poor love:hugs:

YoungMummy, nooooooooooooooooooo!:hugs:

Jelly, yayyyy oh booooo! :haha::hugs:

Louise, Rosie ate some creamy porridge today too for the first time with no pulling faces, she had about 2 teaspoons I guess, it was really messy, I have started putting her bowl in another bowl with hot water in to keep hers warm, i will get her a keep warm bowl soon, tbh i am still at only a tiny amount daily just to get her used to different tastes, so far rusk and porridge she is ok with, she quite liked creamed potato yesterday, that was good i just took a potato out of the pan when we had potatoes, brilliant!:happydance:
Perhaps the pointy things are the reasons for her being unsettled:hugs:

Young mummy Im sorry your having to wait not fair of them to do it to you!

Boony I don't blame you for crying have they all lost the reason why your buying flowers in the first place?

Emzy I'm glad Holly got on so well in her own room good luck again tonight

Louise just looked at your pictures on fb of lilia supporting her daddy so cool! When dh broke his hand they had to cut off his help for Heros band .

I haven't had much time to write about my girls recently so I'll do one now
Layla has taken to weaning very well she has enjoyed every meal I've given her and crys for more I always knew my 2oz drinker would be better off a spoon and now she has 4 Ozs a time now , she spends lots of tine chatting to herself loudly and getting cross at toys she has also just learnt to giggle.

Amelia has taken ages to get the idea of food she will suck on a rusk but spoons were a mystery but we getting there. She loves being in her new walker she can move a bit and all she wants to do is stand if I'm holding her to sit she just pushes up with her feet. She had all the teething signs last week but all that's come is a hard White dot in the middle of her upper gums ,Its not where I would expect bug it's so hard I think it must be a awkward growing one , she is as ever very placid and occupies herself most of the time and I'll jinx it by saying she is going straight to bed no fuss at the moment x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->