September Stars

just came back from a 1st birthday party and OMG there must have been about 60 + people there, 35 babies !!!! i have never had that many people come to any of my parties !!! they had it in a huge hall and had toys everywhere !!! and paige loved her party bag !!! I had a really good day.

looks like the beckhams are having a girl !!! so pleased for them as she never hide the fact she wanted a girl and even mentioned she would keep going until she had a girl.. but i read her younger sister who already has a girl has given her a load of baby girl clothes.... im sure the one thing she is looking forward to is buying girl clothes after buying all those boys clothes... it has been said she went for that gender thing in spain when you choose the sex via IVF sort of thing on the hush...what ever the way im really pleased for her...

:shock: YM your MIL sounds like a right piece of work!!! :hugs: :hugs: Hope Kimi gets better soon hon :hugs:

Eeek Kara I always find parties meyhem I cannot imagine having that many at one... though a naughty part of me thinks YAAY presents :rofl:

sounds like a day at work for me that Does kara lol! Im pleased for the beckhams too and so what if they chose the gender its not like they have done it because they didnt want a boy at all. They have their boys and now a lil girl will complete their family in their eyes! I was looking at the Chinese gender prediction yesterday and it got James' gender correct and iv worked out that if i want a girl next time (when im 34 i need to conceive between march and November i think it said! Haha i have it all planned! :) lol x

:hi: ladies

I'm pleased for the Beckhams too, I can't say as I like her especially but like Kara said she's never made a secret of wanting a girl. That sister giving her baby clothes quote sounds like a load of toss to me. I really can't imagine the Beckhams using "hand-me-downs" can you? I had a massive clear out of Scarlett's clothes today and have a massive bag of things that don't fit. Do you think Posh might want them? :rofl:

Young Mummy - I hope Kimi gets better soon. I'm concerned for you, it doesn't sound like you are in a very good situation with your OH and MIL. Your MIL sounds like a "Jeremy Kyle Wannabe". It's sensible to stay with your Mum for a few days as you need support at this time. I'm guessing your OH is quite young like you and is finding it hard coming to terms with the responsibility of having a child with one on the way. I hope things work out but you really must put yourself and your children first regardless of anyone else's view. :hugs:

Ye I have to agree even now if I needed space I would go to my mums until we had calmed down and got our heads together. I hope he doesnt listen to his mum all the time :dohh:

YoungMummy,
Hope things work out ok hun, it sounds like quite volatile relationship between you and oh, and his mum, you just remember its you and Kimi is all that matters.
She sounds really poorly poor baby:hugs:
Being a single Mum is 'doable' and better two happy parents apart than rowing all the time around Kimi and while you are pregnant when u r together, if it has to be you go it alone then it has to be xxxx:hugs:

Yay for Posh and Becs, who cares how, a girl is really great, she will be such a little princess, i can see Mummy dressing her all cute and desiner and her being the apple of her Daddy's eye, good luck to them, wish i had their money tho!!:haha:

I think the 1st party should be good and big, family, friends the lot then 2,3 and 4 can be family affairs til school friends start at 5 then party then by about 10 it turns into sleepovers, bowling or ice skating as they get bigger!
I am not doing a disco again, we had one real pain in the bum boy who tried to fight or hurt the other children, i dont like saying no at a party but he was being quite nasty, and now i am not pleased he is in my dd's class at school, he was grabbing childrens legs and wrenching them off their chairs....
Rosie has been soooooo good, not one little peep from her all day, such a sweet baby!:cloud9:

Rosie is really dribbly atm, she needs bibs for that but i have loads i kept from Sophie, she never really used them because she was so sicky i changed outfits as bibs were not enough! May get some dribble bibs to look cute with her outfits! I had a bi that said 'i see big people' that was cute!

Sorry cant remember anything else, my head is frazzled! :sleep:

xxxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Need some advice, we live in two bed house, upstairs we had a small closet room with no windows, we have knocked the wall down which is next to our sons room. At present we have put up a curtain where the wall was just to separate it. When paige goes into her room we would like to partition it but recently been having second thoughts. Would anyone know how to partition a room cheaply ? or even if we should partition at all, anyone done this before ? Jakes room has a lot of play space but he only plays his xbox now so doesnt need this space but if we partition we will lose this space which paige could use to play in... but on the other hand it would be nice to partition the room because they both have different bed times and it gets very hot in the closet room in the summer even now we have knocked the wall down and i would move her cot opposite the window.. I really dont know what to do. I was thinking of making my own partition walls like they use in offices, but i was also thinking of using curtains to partition them. I dont want it to be a proper partition as if the housing people find out ill get council taxed for a 3 bed !!! and we are not sure how long we will be here.

Attached is rough plan , the red line is where i want to put the partition.

https://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq78/ladykara1001/roomlayout.jpg

young mummy - OMG i totally forgot to comment on your post, im glad kimi is back home, must have been scary, there is a bug going about, im trying to avoid it !!.. Your MIL sounds like a complete bitch !! i have a MIL which was very much like that, she was a crazy looney, she locked me in her house when i was 9 months pregnant with Jake, threw a wine bottle at me and tried to kill her son (my husband to be then) the night before our wedding. She has called social services on me, the police, benefits, RSPCA... total fruit loop, her son (my ex husband) was a drinker and a complete twat, but his whole family are nut cases.. the problem I have is the fact i have a son with him so him and his bloody family are still in my life, we changed our house phone number though and told his mum she is no longer to see her grandson. So i totally know what your going through, i just hope your MIL sorts her head out soon for kimi sake... just hang in there chick xx

My DH partitioned off one of our rooms and took him a day I think? Then so we didnt have to plaster we just wallpaperd each side? He just made frames from wood and put panneling things up :rofl: It looked pretty easy from where I sat :haha:

Selfish post :wohoo: :wohoo: on 10,000 posts SO far behind most people who came here at the same time as me but never mind :haha:

Blob- PMSL....i think all DIY is easy when im only watching !! any chance you can post your hubby to mine !!! congrats on 10k posts.... very impressive x

Im posting to see how many posts i have!!! :haha:

I think that looks a great idea where you have partitioned well hope to! lol! My Mum used to have one and it was basically (if you know how lol) a wooden frame with plasterboard nailed on it then wallpapered! It was put up about 16 years ago and they have just pulled it down now we have all left home except my lil brother who is not so little at 17!

James has now decided he likes to go in his crib and watch his mobile to get him to sleep he has done it for the past week now :) x

Lady k , I think it makes sense what your planning Unfortunatly I haven't a clue with sit and my DH best mate is ' hard as nails' he used to use it all the time when we first moved in to our home now. Luckily he out grew that fad and we get his dad to do work for us now. Let us know what you come up with.

Blob Congrats on your 10,000 posts !!

Lbb James saw his mobile for the first time today he was mesmerised by it.

It is sooooooooooooo easy to put a partition up, it is just a wood frame in the area to be done, and that is covered by plasterboard, then instead of plastering it you can just plain paper over it, then paint it or whatever.
You can put the frame up over carpet or what is on the floor, and you don't call it a 3rd bedroom! When coming to sell or if you should need to prove its a 2 bed then just take the frame down the same way it went up but reverse! The carpet is still in tact and it really is so easy.
Where do you live? I know someone who could do it but I think everyone is so far away!
It is a job any odd job chappy should be able to do!
:hugs:xx

Just seen London, too far :-(

:hi:
Hello girlies!

Long day here, but a nice one!
We spent the morning at the Zoo so my poor husband could try to recover from his two absolutely brutal night shifts of the past two nights. Simon was full of toddler cuteness until snacktime, then Jekyll&Hyded into a little rotter, tossing his snack on the floor, trying to sneak away, the works. I am very impressed that I didn't strangle him. Well done, me! Showing excellent restraint there! Top notch parenting and all that!
After another very long nap today, he woke up being a sweetpea again.
Sigh.

Asher - oh my god! I know exactly what you mean! We have decided that we are very probably interested in having a third child and the reactions when I say this are kind of shocking. Seriously, there is one appropriate response to the announcement of thinking about expanding one's family, and that is "Good for you and good luck". Full stop. Doesn't matter how old you are, how many kids you've got. That's how it goes.

For bandana bibs - my clever maman sews them for me from Lotta Jansdottir's book. They are called "drool-kerchiefs". I use them on both toddlers and babies and I can have all sorts of pretty fabrics. Super easy to make, says my mum. :thumbup: I get lots of compliments, too.

Morning all. Ym, are you ok hun? Your situation sounds awful especially when you have a baby and are pregnant. Your mil sounds like a very negative influence and is obviously affecting your relationship with your partner. I know from previous posts that you don't feel you can stand up to her which is understandable when she is so domineering. I would therefore suggest giving her a wide birth. I agree that maybe you should stay at your mum's for a bit. Not only is it not childish but I think it's actually sensible if you felt threatened.

How is Kimi now? You must have been terrified.

And there was me logging on to complain about my weekend which now sounds heavenly in comparison!

:hugs: F&C doesnt matter how it is in comparison if its a crap weekend to you then we're all here to listen :hugs:

:rofl: I've been on the site for a long time though and with Tabs I had NOTHING to do all day.

Yea thats how he did it put a frame up then plasterboard and then we put paper up :) Took a day to do...only bit thats any harder to do is if you have to move wiring?

oh my god iv woken up in a really really bad mood...i slept from midnight until 530 which was lovely, James then went back to sleep and was woken by bloody oh doing this horrible stupid bloody noise in his sleep that really grates on me (he gets a tickle in his ear and then does this thing where he sort of vibrates the back of his mouth but a really loud god damn awful noise comes out of his mouth Grrr im so bloody mad at him even thou he was asleep when he did it!! He had a feed then cried until literally now as he has just fallen asleep in my arms!
Gonna sneak another half hour sleep now that iv stomped and turned light on to get back at him and he has got up made a brew and bought it up to me! Lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->