September Stars

quick update on Kimi!!!

She is currently in hospital stuck on IV for dehydration as she was refusing milk, water..juice anything!!! She is currently taking 2-3oz of Neocate every 3-4 hours... so not out of the red quite yet but definitely making improvements.

She lost 6oz in 3 days and they want to monitor her closely....we're finally getting wet nappies but still no poo!!! They need to test her stools but she is not having any of it!!

She has been so brave...not crying when they heel prick her to check her blood sugar levels, which are flucuating at the moment...lowest so far is 1.6 and highest is 7.7...so they are keeping a close eye on this.

I'm staying there every night with her....and she is still smiling and cooing at everyone even though she has been feeling poorly... :( I just hope she can come home soon!!!

Please all keep Kimi in your prayers...i really want my little girl home and healthy!!!

Sorry for lack of personals...only came home for a change of clothes and a wash!!!!

Oh no Youngmummy! I havent been keeping up with this thread so I didn't know until just. Poor Kimi, I really hope she's home and well soon, little sweetie. Prayers your way :(

:hugs:

:hugs: YoungMummy....Kimi is in my thoughts and I hope she feels better very soon. xx

oh my goodness ym im so glad i mention to you about dehydration cant believe the gp didnt tell you the telltale signs...babies can dehydrate so quickly and it can be, as you are experiencing, very dangerous! Hope u r ok too hunni bet ur terrifiied :hugs: xx

fishy James has been having funny nappies with his teething and his gums r bulging poor little babies! x

Thoughts are with you YM. Hope Kimi is home with you soon.

Hope Kimi is home again soon Vikki - Thats my worst nightmare my baby being ill and hospitalised. I really hope she starts feeling better soon. How terrifying(sp?) for you. xxx

aww YM big massive hugs for Kimi. I really hope she is better soon. It's so horrible to see them poorly and in hospital and it's really scary, but she is in the right place and they will fix her up in no time. Big hugs :hugs:

Fishy oooh we're going to try from September too! Maybe we'll be pregnant at the same time and be bump buddies again! That would be awesome.

Been for our netmums meet today which was good and my friend cousin came along too. She's got a 9 week old and he's so little and cute. Holly seems massive compared to him!! Everyone keeps commenting on how big Holly is, it's starting to get on my nerves now lol

Holly's been good and has been fine since her upset tummy on monday. It was awful as I didn't know what was wrong! I felt so overwhelmed with it for some reason! Bit of a mummy meltdown I think. She's finally dropped a bottle as well! She's now going 4- 5 hours between bottles (was going 3!) and is having 4 bottles and having 3 meals a day. She's been having porridge for breakfast, cheese spread on a slice of bread and a petit filou (sp?) for lunch and whatever veggies and fruit I have pureed at dinner time. She doesn't seem to like veggies as much as fruit, must be because it's sweeter. She was not impressed with peas at all but didn't mind carrots so much, so it's carrots and mashed potato for tea tonight followed by bananas and peach for afters! She's loving her food. I think I might try her on weetabix for breakfast tomorrow, see if she likes it. She seems to have settled into a nice routine, something like this:

8.30 wake and bottle
10.30 Breakfast
12.30 bottle
2.30/3.30 lunch
4.30 bottle
6.30 dinner
8.30 bottle then bed

Also, for the last 2 nights she's settled herself to sleep! The first night, I put her in her cot in her sleeping bag with lightshow and dummy and blankie and she cried and tossed and turned but went off after an hour. I just sat on the bed in the nursery and talked her her and put her dummy in if she dropped it and she went off and slept all night. The second night it took half an hour, so I'm hopeful for it to be quicker still tonight! I've taken to sleeping in the nursery bed until she's really settled sleeping in her own room as I have found on the nights that I have ended up in there as I've been up and down, she hasn't woken up with me in there. So I'm going to sleep in there for a few days and then go back to my own bed by the weekend!

Anyway I'm waffling on now. Speak later girls!

xx

Ym, big hugs to you and Kimi. You sound so strong as it must be incredibly hard. Hope your MIL is giving you a break too.

Wow so there may be a few of us pregnant around the same time! That would be amazing!

Lbb, how is James getting on with his teeth? X

James is struggling a bit really had to give him calpol at 9am cos he was hot 38.0, i was panicing thinking he was going to be ill again and there was going to be something seriously wrong with him and i was sat in bed and next thing a tiny delicate white feather floated down and landed in his hair! x

Just about to make a curry for tea then Louises cookie if i can find the recipe! x

Lilbumpblue, I saw your fb status on the feather, i had that happen to me when i was ttc, we had been trying and i wondered if it would ever happen, i sat on the bed b4 i took my test to get my bfp and there was a white feather on the bed next to me, i almost knew it would be bfp but someone knew b4 me!(my grandad looks after me!):hugs:

Emzy, sounds like Hope has settled into a lovely routine that suits you both, she is not any bigger than an average baby her age is she? I think people just don't consider what they say before they say it, and it is the same with Rosie people say how small she is, she is small but surely perfectly healthy is all that matters!:wacko:
My eldest used to love weetabix!

I am being quite baby led still with Rosie, she doesn't cry and as soon as she wakes in the night i seem to know and just feed her, I sit there half asleep, or sometimes just wake up and she is fast asleep latched on, i don't like doing that but sometimes just so tired it happens!
I am not trying to settle her any different times other than when i go to bed, and it seems to suit us fine atm.
She is not weaning we didn't even get off the ground with it, i thought she would like to try tastes but she doesn't like anything! She will lick a rusk but cant hold it for herself yet, so my cousin suggested baby led weaning, letting her choose bigger foods when she is older, so going to do that, she is still happy on my milk, although my left boob seems to work double time to the right, how weirs is that!
Having said she doesn't cry she is! She does a straining noise more than crying, so dofferent to her sister who would scream the place down!
Better go, she needs a cuddle! :hugs:
:hug:to everyone xx

How is everyone?

Shame Leni couldn't have been a September baby, he couldn't wait to meet us so appeared in August :haha:

xx

Hi AOB, so did Holly, must have preferred August! Lol X

Ladies I need some opinions Layla is poorly she has gradually getting worse as day has gone on she has high temps the highest was 38.2 , I noticed inside her mouth at the top back is a round swelling like an absess and now her face on that side is puffy and crys if you touch it , her moods go from total screaming to distracted , I don't want to panic if it's just teething? We have no teeth yet but would a lump on gums mean something is coming?

GG sorry I don't really know how I can help, to be honest I would have presumed that if it was her teeth it would be at the front? Maybe you could ring the health visitor, or if you're worried now and she's still agitated try ringing an out of hours doctor or NHS direct?

Genies I agree with Louise, give nhs direct a ring see what they say Xx

I had a 3 mile walk today, My whole body hurts

Is anyone going to try next year for another baby? thats when we are going to try again but with so many of you trying this year i may not be able to wait !!!

youngmummy- poor kimi, sending loads of love and hugs honey, update when you can.xx

optical- Yay congrats about the job.x

Louise- i LOVE those photos, i wish we had some done, they look fab x

G.G- paige has always been like that so afraid its nothing new to me..lol, hope they get past this phase soon. Paige had a calcium pearl on her gum which came up a bit like that but it had a white hard bit on it. x

Jelly- it will be worth it in the end... x

F&C- this year your trying again !!! OMG how exciting. Paige has this type of poo, has a very strange smell !! we have never worked out what makes it like this but dont think its teething as paige had it the first time when she was a couple weeks old, we have not had it since i stopped breast feeding though

Aob1013- Hey honey, great to hear from you again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->