September Stars

Hello ladies!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, been busy and Hope has had a right stinker! Have been trying to keep up with posts but not doing a very good job!

Hope everyone is ok xxx

We have a tooth through at long last, thank goodness for ashtons and parsons!! Hope has been snotty all week and some monster bogeys have been had! I think she is better now as she is having all her milk after being off it for a few days, very unlike her!

No plans here for Valentines, not even got Ian a card LMAO!! Oh well we know how we feel about each other and thats what really matters!

Had a lovely bath and now relaxing, having a couple of days of my diet, I feel I need a mini blow out!!!

Hi all,

MrsJ, I feel your pain hunni, cant live with em, cant live with.....actually just cant live with em! :hugs: (not going into what mine does as i will just get a grot on with him again, it takes little to set me off!)

Sarah, wwhhhooooo, go girl! I tried getting a rather interesting couples 'kit' from Ann Summers to try and get some exitement into the bedroom, and sadly it gathers dust in my drawer! May try and re introduce it, i did get it a while ago now, and he was pleased i got it!!:haha:

Looks like someone teeny, pink and grumpy needs me, back soon! xxxx:hugs:

BTP-
We got something that looks space-aged and was designed by Swedes. Luckily, there was no DIY IKEA-esque assembly required! :)
And it is really quite excellent. :thumbup:

MrsJ - you described my relationship and feelings towards my oh at the moment. I am fed up of being made to feel that I should be grateful he is supporting us Yes hes working full time but god sometimes I cant even go for a poo on peace !! I feel like I am a single mum even though I am not. I feel like I am starting to resent him :(

:wave: to everyone else - I am seriously sleep deprived @ the mo, so reading but cant keep my eyes open long enough to write a long reply. xx

there is obviously something up with some of the stars daddys at the moment ! not good boys sort it out !

On the OH front mine is being a tit tonight :haha:
I think its just a man thing, Robin has got better, but I have to say I was the same MrsJ I just kinda gave up on it :hugs: :hugs:

Sarah am SO happy Tabs is toilet trained is so much easier now :wohoo: Hope it goes well for you.

YM :lol: cant wait to see how far along you are... So so so please Kimi is getting better

Soooo sleeepy why the hell am I here and not sleeping????

Ohhh for my OHs anniversay pressie I'm getting boudoir shots done EEK!!

GG love your new profile pic !!

Becs glad hope is on the mend xx

Sorry everyones oh are being a pain in the butt, hopefully they will all start behaving soon!

No plans for valentines, we only celebrated the first year together and even that was me cooking lasagne at home and taking it over to his house. Past 10 years we haven't bothered. He does things other times of the year like once for no reason he sent me 12 red roses to work.

Quick question for those if you with jumperoos, what age will they go upto? As JJ is big for his age I'm concerned about buying one ( secondhand ) if he'll only be in it for three months. Becs doesn't hope have one? James is already in 6-9 sleepsuits and if he continues to grow at this rate he'll be in 9-12 in next couple of months. I want Simething that will entertain him when I need to get things done round the house etc. He's outgrown his swing, adores his bouncer but I'm concerned for how much longer. Any opinions appreciated xx

Jelly - I was lucky enough to trade the use of a jolly jumper for Simon for another bit of baby gear that the same friend wanted use of. If you can swing that, I would do it. The jumparoo-style things are great, but you are right - only a few months use at most.

I am so sad I've just sorted through my boys 0-3 month clothes and there were 85 items. Note to self must stop buying clothes!!!!

Blondie - I keep discovering clothing gifts that Tobe has almost outgrown and I never even put them on him. I'm way overdue an overhaul of the baby dresser! :blush: This is why I just stay out of the cute baby stores. I absolutely do NOT need a single item for Tobe. He has a few new things, but mostly hand-me-downs from Simon. That's not as bad as it sounds, though. Most of Simon's baby clothes were hardly worn (even the secondhand ones) because babies just grow so freaking fast! The toddler clothes are taking a beating, however! I thought those ones would be no problem to pass along, but some of them are looking pretty bedraggled.

Jelly, Hope loves her jumperoo, I would get a 2nd hand one, they keep there money so you are not going to lose anything!! Hope's 6-9 tops are getting a bit snug already!!

Hollys outgrown some of her 6-9 stuff already too!

I never bought a jumperoo but we have a door bouncer and Holly loves it! She goes in it for ages a couple of times a day and it was only £25! X

I am still undecided about my jumperoo, yes she likes it, she is still standing on a phone directory to jump! But it takes up so much room, she has nothing she likes for any length of time, so for the money i think i could have got a baby gym and a door bouncer:shrug:
i am collecting a door bouncer next week and a sit up thingy i bought from a friend,
https://www.elc.co.uk/Blossom-Farm-Sit-Me-Up-Cosy/120539,default,pd.html
and tbh if she likes these i am sereously thinking about finding some fault with her jumperoo and taking it back:blush:bit naughty i know but it was lots for what it actually is and it was her money i feel i would have wasted!:shrug:

I found a load of stuff to pass to Rosie from her sister when i cleared the attic, i can't remember half of it but i kept all the lovely stuff so going to get a bit more use out of it, and i thought Rosie didn't have any outfits, she has now! Only trouble is the girls look so alike i may not know who is who on pictures!

Well my star Daddy is being fab atm, he has been getting up for dd so i can stay with Rosie, he got up at 7am with her (minor blip when he let her upstairs to ask Mummy for a pj top while Mummy was in bed) Then i caught up on a few hours of sleep after i fed Rosie while he was looking after dd and he did the washing up, :shock:cleared up the kitchen:shock: and when i came down made me a coffee:shock:and has planned to take my ds out to the shops to get the bread, milk and chicken we need today:shock::shock::shock:
He also showed some interest in the bedroom even though we were both tired last night, i mean omg, what has happened! This is the man i married!!:rofl:
He has been brilliant, and just in time for valentines day! :haha:

I think i am coming down with dd's bug, feel horrible today!

Time to go and do my internet shopping!

Back later, waves to everyone xx

:hug:

Jelly we had a door bouncer which they loved but it was tricky to get them in and out, we don't have a jumperoo, I have two baby walkers which I put different toys on each day and Amelia is tall so she can push herself around, she follows me into the kitchen :) they love them

Well ladies - either my DH is psychic or he was reading what I wrote last night over my shoulder :rofl:

After my rant last night, he cooked us Steak for dinner - yum! Was a lot more affectionate and loving for the rest of the evening, had a shower and shave before bed and then got rather saucy at bed time. I wasn't really in the mood but he managed to persuade me :winkwink: I'm feeling a lot more positive towards him today as a result. This morning he even got up without being nagged and we went to Sainsbury's without any complaint. Will have to see how long he keeps it up now....!

My little monster didn't sleep to badly last night. I definitely think the weaning is helping with structuring the day a bit more and she seems to be "snacking" less on boob. I don't think she is having any less milk but she's having both boobs in one go or at least close together rather than having one, waiting an hour or so and then having the other. It's much better as I don't feel like I'm feeding constantly. So far she has had Baby Rice, Banana Porridge, Carrot, Parsnip, Apple, Pear and Banana and she seems to like them all. Carrot is her favourite food so far. I need to puree some more this week. I've learnt my lesson so am giving her about 80% home-made food and 20% jars etc. Given the trouble I have had with getting her to take a bottle or cup because she will only take boob I'm not going to do the same with food. My theory is that if I give her home-made most of the time and shop-bought the rest I'm not going to have the problem of her only taking one or the other. My step-sister had a problem with her little boy for a while because he rejected everything she made and would only eat Ella's Kitchen. It was costing her a fortune! I bought some pots of Organix puree in Sainsbury today. I wanted to buy some jars but they don't sell them, so will have to try Morrisons or Tesco.

What are other people doing? Also I'm confused about all this mixed Gluten advice. Can our babies have bread and if so when and what type?

Catch you later ladies

xxx

Well ladies - either my DH is psychic or he was reading what I wrote last night over my shoulder :rofl:

After my rant last night, he cooked us Steak for dinner - yum! Was a lot more affectionate and loving for the rest of the evening, had a shower and shave before bed and then got rather saucy at bed time. I wasn't really in the mood but he managed to persuade me :winkwink: I'm feeling a lot more positive towards him today as a result. This morning he even got up without being nagged and we went to Sainsbury's without any complaint. Will have to see how long he keeps it up now....!

xxx

I think they are sneaking on here and reading our posts, 2 men being kicked up the bum without actually being confronted is too much like coincidence! :hugs:

As for weaning, I am not doing anything, she has the odd spoon of baby porridge or something to taste it but we are still 100% bf atm, I am not sure on any guidelines on bread or gluten or anything! I used to give bakery baked bread (as in supermarket or bakery rather than a sliced loaf)to chew on as it doesn't clump up when they eat it, just stays nice and fluffy, mine liked bread and butter, or just bread it is a great finger food. (one of mine went mad for marmite!)
I am still a way off anything really i give her the odd rusk but she is still not mastering putting it in her mouth, or gripping it , we are practicing with teething rings which she is getting better at holding!:thumbup:
:hugs:xxxx

Ps I am having such a lazy day, all i have done is my internet shop, which should be here tomorrow, so worth the delivery charge to get my weeks shopping done, my fave wine on offer and so sneaked a bottle into the order! (hardy's crest is is luverly)
Dh been shopping and bought everyone back some choccies, my diet has been well and truly blown after fish and chips last night and chocolate today:blush:xx:hugs:

I'm not sure what I am supposed to do with regards to weaning Kimi as she is on a hypo allergenic milk so I'm assuming she can't have certain things...but I am unsure as to what she can have!! I think I will ring the HV and see if she can help out with it....

Anyone here know anything about it???

x

Jelly we had a door bouncer which they loved but it was tricky to get them in and out, we don't have a jumperoo, I have two baby walkers which I put different toys on each day and Amelia is tall so she can push herself around, she follows me into the kitchen :) they love them

GG do you have carpet? I looked at those walkers today but we have short pile carpet and weren't sure if it would mean they would stick to it?

Hollys outgrown some of her 6-9 stuff already too!

I never bought a jumperoo but we have a door bouncer and Holly loves it! She goes in it for ages a couple of times a day and it was only £25! X

How does it attach to the door, I'm nervous the bouncer would take our wall down lol

Jelly it just attaches over the door frame by a clamp type thing. Like Genies said its tricky go get them in and out, but I've found an easy way. When putting in kneel down and put her legs in the holes, then spin her round to do it up at the back. When getting out, pick her up whilst still in it, then undo the back and wiggle her out of it!

Holly loves bread! We use normal wholemeal and margarine or laughing cow. I make a sandwich and cut it into fingers and shell munch and suck on it. She's just starting to try and chew her food rather than just suck. We also give her toast soldiers. As I understand it, they advise no bread until 6 months because of the gluten allergies, but then they advise no food til 6 months anyway!!! We've been giving bread and cows milk in food for the last week and she's 6 months tomorrow Xx

Jelly no we have laminate floor and a large rug , I think they would work on a short pile carpet just maybe not move that well until he got used to it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->