September Stars

BTP Wow what a weight!! That's over 3lb more than Lilia was, and that hurt!!!

The mayor of Woodbridge hosted a coffee morning this morning in the town hall, WI made cakes and costa coffee provided coffee!! Was very nice but a little more formal than usual! But they gave us tubs of cakes and biscuits to bring home, bad move, mine are nearly all gone!! At this rate Wayne won't be able to find me to give me a hug, he'll have to fight his way through my flab hee hee!!

Blob, my guess is that you'll be pregnant next!!! I did notice that teeny said she was trying again when Riley is 1, as am I and fishy and someone else can't remember who?! We might be able to do it all together again!

:rofl: Louise as much as i would LOVE to have another baby, I hate hate hate being pregnant. Also we have no space right now and cant build another house until we pay off some debt on the business :cry: sooo we have to wait. Am kinda banking on the thought that after Tabs I didnt have a period for over a year (until I got pregnant with Rosalie) so need to start protection soon :lol:

Oooh BTP good weight, Rosalie was 8lb9 and so much easier than Tabs and she was 7lb14?

I am using BF as my contraception..but after the difficulty falling pregnant I am not worried really... I may have jinxed it and next week I'll be announcing a BFP. LOL xx

I have a coil in anyway because i know i forget pregnancy and birth so quick and get broody, like i will when i see my friends baby boy! :haha:
I wonder why i bothered really, we have dtd 3 times since Rosie was born, and I always feel like i am asking too much of him!! He instigated once after i starved him of everything for a while, think i am going to have to stick to that tactic!:thumbup:

Well they say it is easier to get a big baby out, but i am not sure my friend would agree! She was in labour ages, and said she had lots of stitches, poor love, I have reminded her of the warm water in a jug when she has a wee!
And because she has a boy given her the tip of tissue on the winkie during a nappy change so she doesn't get wee'd on!
It was lovely because she didn't find out the sex so it was such a nice surprise, and she has a girl so now she has a set! :thumbup:

Sorry not staying just passing by, back soon xxxx:hugs:

BTP- 13oz bigger than Kimi!!! Congrats to your friend!!

Emzy - i DTD 9 days after having Kimi and I had to make him stop as it was sooo painful...it felt like he was ripping me in two and I had a c-section!! I'm quite lucky that he's a very sexual person as now we still have lots of 'bedroom fun!' but I'm sure with two we will NEVER get any lol!!! :haha:

Well, after all the pains I've been having, I went off to a'n'e and got myself seen. Had a transvaginal ultrasound and saw this tiny little bean with its little heartbeat beating away...i honestly nearly threw up with relief... i'm 8 weeks 3 days by their scan!!!

Hope everyone is okay!!!

xx

Olivia has bronchiolitis - She is sooooo unhappy and I am feeling pretty crappy aswell as didnt sleep all night as she kept panicking last night. Shes coughing so much she looses her breath and freaks out. Not fun :(

Oh Laura, poor Olivia :( Hope she feels better soon hun and you have a better night tonight xx

YM, I am so so pleased that everything is ok! I was really worried about you after your status on FB last night! How amazing to see a little heartbeat :cloud9:

Evening ladies!!!!!

Hope we are all fine and dandy!!! I have been so busy the past few days, Hope is all better so just waiting on another appointment to come through for her last lot of jabs. Done lots of baking and walking lol! I am sure Hope has had a growth spurt as some of her 6-9 month tops are getting tight!! Buying 9-12 now!

Laura, hope Olivia gets well soon xx

YM, so pleased all is well!!

BTP, crikey thats a fab weight!!!

Emma, I really think you should go back to your GP and get referred back to the hospital, my consultant did say that the more you have sex the easier it should get, but mine still feels a bit ouchy, I was told its normal lol! She did have a good prod around!! I somehow don't think things will ever be the same down there, esp after you have been stitched up etc x

Laura, hope Olivia is feeling better soon must be so worrying xx

Ym Congrats glad everything is ok

Hiya Becs!! I was thinking about you today and how you haven't been around much recently!! What do you think to a meet up SOOOOON? x

Laura hope little lady feels better soon x

Btp congratulations to your friend x

Jelly hope you can get the working hours you want , mine are still up in the air I'd feel better knowing what's happening if it's got to be done :(

Emzy best to get checked or as jelly said try some lube .
Don't know if you saw my question the other day about which milk Holly Is on now she is 6 months?

Amelia is seeming better but I left her with my mum while I took Layla to music class , Amelia spent the day practicing sitting on her own she can push up now and hold herself for a little while.

Aw Laura, poor Olivia! We're in the same boat, Sam has bronchiolitis too. Is Olivia on steroids? It's rotten for them! I can already see a difference in him today after only one dose of the drugs, so hopefully he'll be much better again tomorrow! I can hear him coughing again now on the monitor now. Hope Olivia picks up really soon. xx

Have missed loads on here this last few days, sorry girls. Hope everyone's doing okay?

Louise and Jayne - I saw the gorgeous Smarties cookies on Jayne's profile - can one of you lovely ladies let me know the recipe and cooking instructions please? I saw the ingredients but didn't want to just mush it all up in a bowl and then realise I've done it all wrong! Archie saw the pic and really really wants to make them, so I promised we'll make them on Saturday morning when it's me and them, and Daddy's at work. Thanks girls!

Recipe is as follows:

100g/4oz softened butter/margarine
100g/4oz soft brown sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup or honey
150g/6oz self raising flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
50g/2oz chocolate chips or Smarties

Preheat the oven to 170°C/160°C fan/Gas 3.

Beat the butter, sugar and syrup together until soft and creamy.
Mix in the flour, vanilla extract and add the chocolate chips.
Divide the mixture into about 15 pieces and roll into balls using your hands.
Place well apart on greased baking sheets. Do not flatten them.

Bake for about 10 mins until a pale golden colour (don't cook any longer or they'll go crispy!)

Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes and then remove from the tray and finish cooling on a wire rack.

Hope you enjoy making them!! it's so so so so easy, great to do with kids because it really can't go wrong!! Although, Nathan my youngest SS who's 6 struggled to roll the mixture into balls because it comes out kind of like breadcrumbs! Glad Sam is feeling a little better xx

Thanks Louise, I am going to really look forward to making them!! Yum!

And thanks, I'm glad Sam's on the up too. xx

Evening ladies

Aww so sorry to hear about the poorly babies, I hope they are feeling better very soon. It's not fair when they are poorly :hugs:

Genies Holly is still on her usual milk. We were thinking of switching to follow on and I went to get some today, but the feeding guidelines were talking about beakers and it freaked me out! lol There was no mention of bottles or anything and I know it obviously can be drunk out of a bottle as well, but I got stressed and decided to leave her on her usual milk for now. Perhaps when she is drinking her milk from a beaker rather than a bottle I will switch? I don't know! It stressed me out lol I did however buy 2 little cartons of the follow on milk as they had none of the stage 1 cartons left, so she will be having those when out and about so we'll see how she goes! Maybe we will switch if she's ok on those.

I popped into clinic on my way to town today as when I picked Holly up after her nap, I noticed she had 2 little lumps at the base of her skull. They felt like raised glands, like you get in your neck when you're poorly, but they were in such an odd place so I wasn't sure. The HV said that they did feel like swollen glands and asked if she had had any irritation in that area lately. I said funny enough I noticed she had been scratching her eczema by her ears in the night and had made it bleed a little and she said that would be why her little glands popped up! She gave us a new cream to try on the eczema and as soon as I put it on I knew it was better than oilatum as it's greasier, so fingers crossed it helps as it really bothers her poor love.

I've made an appointment with the doc for next week so we'll see what she says about where I was stitched. Maybe they will refer me back to the hospital Becs I don't know? She didn't seem all that bothered last time and seemed to think that 4 months was normal for it to be sore still, but I think being so sore 6 months on is a bit strange.

Oh and with all these people not using any protection, I forgot to say we didn't either on Monday. Oooops! Kind of forgot about it in the heat of the moment. It's funny as neither of us would mind if I was pregnant again really, but it's not really ideal... lol I'd only finished my period 2 days before though so hopefully will be alright lol! Must be more careful!

xx

Asher - they are SO good and so fast to whip up!

Fishy - I did classical theatre training, so yes, I've done a lot of voice work and training. It's pretty competitive to get back into the VO scene where you are just the talent. I'd have to put together a demo and all that and I can't be bothered at the moment. But I should, because it can be really good cash for short and sweet gigs. Quite the ideal for part time work.

I'm thinking a lot about freelancing stuff right now. It feels less and less likely that I will return to my FT position. But we did the budget last night for next year (well, starting end of Sept 2011 when mat leave benefits end), and it is going to be TIGHT! We already live pretty frugally, so hopefully it won't be too much of a shock. There are definitely places where we can tighten our belts, however. And the most important thing will be no more impulse buying. If it's not planned for or on the list, then we don't get it.
It helps me psychologically to start preparing for the tighter budget now. It will be way less of a shock that way.

Okay, have to get back to writing. Sending get better :dust: to all those sick little babies.

Louise I've written the recepie down so excited but will probably eat them all and feel guilty!

Emzy you can use a bottle :) I will be, I've bought two small cartons to try too and I have sachets of the good night milk to try

GG I HAVE to eat them all when I make them as it;s just me, so trying not to make them too much!!!!

Emzy thanks for the compliments. The Pandora charm is pretty new to our collection but I'm really pleased with it. My dh made the advert for this site the lovely man! I feel a bit bad though commenting on posts in the hope of a sale but guess if I want this business to work I will need to get over myself!

Sarah how cool! I am also a trained actor but stopped working quite a few years ago as wanted a regular income and got disillusioned by the industry.

I hope the poorly babies get better soon. It must be horrible seeing them struggle to breathe.

I can highly recommend Louise's cookie recipe! Xx

Hey Emzy I was cut during labour, have had sex 2-3 times a week since 6 weeks post and it still hurts to begin with now.

Hope everyones well, just so you know I do read every post I just don't post myself much but I do read everyones lovely stories of their babas! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->