September Stars

Louise JJ has his naps at the same times as lillia but sleeps 1hr am and 1 1/2 hours afternoon ...... And he's still cranky and tired by 5.30. If I run him a bathe he cheers up for a bit, or if it's not bath day I let him snooze in his bouncer for 20 mins before gently waking, changing and bottle. During the night he's in his crib in our bedroom and during day sleeps in his Moses basket in dining room ( this is stopping after exam as his legs have to bend to fit in now). Today he fell asleep on his activity mat so I thought as he can stretch out I'll put a blanket on him and let him sleep on the mat, he only slep for 20 minutes. I think maybe lillia would sleep longer in her cot (maybe not first couple of days until she's got used to it) JJ does moan and whimper for first few minutes but soon falls asleep I just leave him and learnt not to check on him when noisy as he doesn't sleep then and continues whimpering for longer.

GG I sterilise JJ bottles in the evening and leave inside till
Morning, then make up each bottle fresh when needed. I used to resterilise each time but don't bother now. With bowl and spoon I'm just using hot soapy water and leave to dry. As he's got teether toys that have only been washed in soapy water I don't see the need to sterilise..... Maybe I should ?

JJ has finished his antibiotics today and still his neck is bad and now spread to his ears chest and arms. I started using camonmile lotion to stop the itchiness and made oatmeal and honey for his bath tonight. Rebooked another appointment with gp for next Tuesday but going to see tomorrow if they can squeeze me in, really don't want to leave it over the weekend.

Busy today making parsnip, apple and carrot purée and his oatmeal/ honey bath mix. JJ tried the fruit and veg and finished off the whole bowl. Can't believe how quickly he's started to enjoy his veggies and fruit, still hates porridge or rice. Does anyone know if you can freeze papaya or avocado?

Hope has most of her sleeps when we are walking, the frsh air does wonders!! She goes down around 8.30pm!!

Louise, when is good for you?

Evening ladies. I am giggling here, reading the last couple of pages..... cookies, lady parts and sex toys!! We have a couple of naughty toys around the place, which I am conscious need to be shifted to somewhere VERY high up and VERY secret! Eeeek! When we were using condoms after Sam was born, they were left in the top drawer of some drawers we have in the hall. One day, my mum was here, and I asked her to go and get something out of one of the drawers and then went racing after her when I realised what she could have found!

Aw Emzy, poor Holly with her eczema, and JJ too Jelly. Poor little darlings. xx

Re: the sex/soreness thing.... we've been quite regularly DTD 2 or 3 times a week since Sam was about 3 or 4 weeks old. I wasn't stitched, but do have a sore bit right on my perineum which stings every time, it doesn't get any better. That "feel" stuff seems to help with us too. I'm sure they should have stitched me this time really, it wasn't nearly so sore after the other 2. Kara, my husband's friend used to say wizard's sleeve a lot, or "Donkey's Yawn"!!?? And he used to say he would go looking for the little man in the boat in the mouses ear?! I know what it means, but OMG the things they say. They truly are like little boys!

Yay for 17 sleeps Louise!! Poo that he's staying later than you thought though. Big hugs. xx

I sterilise very little. I only sterilise pump parts/bottles when I think on. I always wash them in super hot soapy water, and usually pour boiling water on them when I need them. I don't sterilise spoons or bowls. I did chuck his sippy cup in the steriliser the other night just cos there was room!

Have forgotten everything else I was going to say! Hopefully my new phone (again!) will arrive tomorrow, speaking English, and correctly branded so I can keep it this time. Fingers crossed!

Love to all mums and babies. xx

Hmmm, I seem to remember packing up from the house I lived in in my second year at uni, to move to the next house, and mum came to help.... found a shoebox with some 'toys' in and told me if I didn't want her to find them I should have hidden them better....mortifying!!!!

Becs.. I'm torn between the end of next week, the week after that, or after Wayne's R&R!! Can't do early next week as I'm off to my mums for a few days!!

When ever is good for you!!! Next week I am quite busy, the week after half term is good, any day apart from Thursdays!!

Well the week after half term would be great for me! I want as many plans as I can that week as I'm off to get the boys on that friday and then that's me preening and defuzzing etc!!!!! How's the Tuesday for you?

lol at Simon bless him!! Im boring dont have any sex toys lol!!! x

The sterilising thing is because with me breast feeding mainly i end up with say 1 bottle a day and i tend to wash it and leave it til the steriliser is full rins them all and sterilise but then i dont know what to do with them lol...maybe i should start sterilising what i will need for the day! Mind you when im back at work :( il be using more bottles anyway! x

Are you getting your LO's christened/baptised?? If so what are they wearing...James is being baptised on May 1st so will be 7 months...i want to be quite traditional but think he is too old for a gown?!?! what do you think?? xx

I am sooo open with my mum...we even went to an ann summers party together...

I tell my mum everything....i like being close with her...and having her there when I had Kimi just made me realise how much I trust her

xx

Evening ladies

OMG Sarah that's sooo funny! We have a 'rude' box that will have to be re-located when Holly gets a bit older too!

Naps, Holly has fallen into a nice routine something like this:

8.30 up and bottle
10.30 Porridge
11.00 Nap for 45 mins- 1 hour
12.30 Bottle
2.00 Lunch
2.30 Nap for 1 hour, longer if we are out
4.30 Bottle
5.00 Nap for 45 mins
6.30 dinner
8.00 bath
8.30 Bottle
9.00 Bed

So she has 3 naps a day. I tried stopping the late afternoon one and bringing the bottle earlier, etc but it just didn't work. She got sooo overtired and hard to put to bed. It has taken a while for her to get used to napping in her cot as she used to nap in the swing, but she definitely naps better in there now she's used to it. The best naps we get when we are out as she'll sleep forever in the pram!

I blended up what we had for tea tonight and she loved it! She had chicken, mashed potato and broccoli followed by Strawberrys and Apples. She really is loving her food. I've bought all sorts of goodies to blend up tomorrow and pop in ice cube trays in the freezer. I think I'll keep blending up whatever we are having for tea as well, as she sits and eats with us in her high chair at 6.30 every night. Oh and I forgot to say, yesterday she had her first solid meal out! I fed her a jar in Morrison's cafe and she sat in a high chair. She was very good :)

xx

I think whatever you want him to wear jayne would be perfect! The day is as much for you as for James!! I doubt we'll have Lilia christened as such, we had talked about having a naming ceremony but it seems a bit late for that!! It would be nice to do something though but I'm not sure. Wayne I think would like to have her christened, as he is, but I'm not, and we don't go to church... although we did get married in church which many would say is very hypocritical..I don't disbelieve I just keep my options open! At this point in my life I don't feel I 'need' faith as such... part of me thinks I would like to let her decide herself.....

Oh I don't know! I think if Wayne wants her to be christened i won't be arguing!!

As far as sterilising goes, I switch and swap between steam sterilising and cold water, depending on my mood! I wash the bottles during the day as I go along , and sterilise them over night in cold water, or put them in the microwave to steam before bed or first thing in the morning... I prepare four bottles, but from the second feed...if that makes sense.. so i always have one made up for the morning... then when I prepare the four, it's for bottles 2,3,4 and 1 for the next day!! If I have any bottles sterilised that I don't need, I put them together and just leave the cap on.. I think they're fine like that as no germs can get to the teat and that's the main thing... i keep a sterilised bottle and a carton in the changing bag just in case I get caught out somewhere!!

Hmmm, Lilia loves being in her pushchair so much at the moment, she sits slightly up facing forward now, and she is so nosy she loves it.... so she doesn't even nap in there any more!! I was walking for 45 mins the other day before she closed her eyes, and even then she STILL woke after 15 mins!!

She obviously just likes her sleep in a big chunk...

I forgot to say, I sterilise as I go in the microwave and then screw the caps on and put in the cupboard or leave them in the steriliser if I don't need it again. Then last thing at night I make one up for the morning and put it in the fridge. After the first feed I make up 2 more and put them in the fridge, then before her bath I make up the last one and leave it to call during the bath. The reason I don't make them all up at once is that I found the last one smelt weird, so I just do 2 at a time. If I go out, I take an empty sterilised bottle and a carton x

Louise I find that if I sit Holly up in the pushchair, she takes ages to go to sleep as she's so nosey, so if I want her to nap, I recline it (she faces me anyway) so she can see a bit less and pull the footmuff right up to her chin. It's a fur lined one so she snuggles into it and goes to sleep! When she's not going to sleep I sit the chair right up and pull the footmuff down so she can look around.

Genies until now I had been using a hand blender which does the job just fine, but I've just bought a basic jug blender as well. The only thing it, that only really works if you are blending up quite a lot, so won't blend say, 1 peach, you would have to blend 4 or 5 at a time! So hand blender for single meals, big blender for freezing stuff x

Thanks emz I have a very basic hand blender but I just seem to make a mess :) I might get a jug blender , I still lack inspiration with weaning but don't want to rely on jars

GG I'm using a Braun hand blender for my batches and it's surprising how much I can make at one time. I also have a basic manual food mill for starchy foods such as potato but I hate using it, and big jug blender ( cheap one from Argos ) . I like my hand blender because you can control it more compared to the jug.

Yeah they are messy! I do it in a deep bowl and wear an apron! I was lacking inspiration too but I found some annabel karmel recipies in tesco magazine, might be worth a look? I've been freezing cubes of single things and mixing and matching. The sorts of things I've been making are:

Peaches and Bananas- either on its own or with a bit of baby rice mixed in
Strawberry and Apple
Mixed Veg (frozen stuff) and mashed potato
Peas, Carrots and Sweetcorn
Cheesy Veg- carrots and peas mixed in with philli or a laughing cow triangle
Mashed potato and baked beans
Apples and Pears
Fruit cocktail (out of a tin) and fromage frais
Sweet potato on its own
Sweet potato and parsnips

And now I've started blending up whatever we're having too!

x

Some of the Annabel Karmel recipies are here:

https://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/first-foods

https://www.ivillage.co.uk/perfect-weaning-recipes/81960?field_pages=0

Hi I bought the annabel book last time which was great there was a recipe in there for one pot beef casserole which my daughter loved not used book yet as been using plum meals as they were on offer and Ben not eating a huge amount yet. I am going to get a beaba baby cook off eBay to make meals as I go as cook alot of veggies for my daughter as she's not keen on meat based dishes. There was an offer in waitrose where the baba was 59.95 instead if 89.95 but don't want to spend that much.

With feeds I sterilise 4 at a time then fill with water have the tommee tippee milk pots which fit inside bottles to take out so very useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->