September Stars

BTP hope Rosie feels better soon x

Boony & Kara, I have always got a minimum of 4 tins in the cupboard! I always try to make sure I have a months worth, although not sure if I will change onto the next stage when she's 6 months or not, I don't think it's necessary, but not sure yet! I stocked up because when we had all that snow I couldn't get off the estate and although I did have a couple of tins in, I panicked about what would happen if I couldn't get anywhere to get some! So now I have loads!!

Kara, have you considered moving jobs? I know it's drastic but you sounds as if you hate it, my thought is that you'd be better off somewhere with nice people where you'd enjoy it more = less stress! I know it's not that simple though x

Lilia in bed, and saddo here is cooking a sunday roast for one!! I love roasts and I miss them so thought sod it!! Problem is, I can only make 12 yorkshire puds at a time, and being a yorkshire lass I can't possibly not have them, so therefore I will have lots of yorkshires for the dog! Traditionally, yorkshire puddings were actually served as a starter before the dinner, with gravy, my gran in barnsley still does it this way... you go to hers for sunday dinner and you get 6 yorkshire puddings and gravy as your starter!! It's fab!

Louise, you could freeze the yorkshire puddings so that when you make a roast again you dont have to make another 12 plus it'll save time next time aswell coz all you'll need to do is re-heat them.

Its ok my dogs dont like me either, i freeze everything lol

louise- i hope to move teams but i have to go via my "manager" but cant do anything till i go back.... be prepared for more rants and edited posts in April..lol x

Evening all!!

Done a bit of retail therapy with my Mum today!! Was lovely, got my friend a pressie for her twins!!

We bought a fixed carseat before we had Hope and its fab we have a Britax one that we got from Halfords, they are so much more comfy!!

Hope has her ast jabs tomorrow, I am going to take her even though she is still dribbly and has a teething rash!

Louise I love yorkie puds!!!! Mon nom nom!!

BTP, so pleased you and OH are gettong on better!

Fishy, aww bless Harry, he s so cute!!

Kara, hope you get a transfer with work!

Can't believe we are in March this week! Where the heck is this year going??

Ive ordered this car seat and its being delivered during the week. I just liked the fact that we could lay it down as we do a few long distance journeys. Its very "pretty" and cheap @ the moment aswell !!

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...displayA_51_10751_-1_14569_125595_10001_14568

Laura, my Mum bought one from Kiddicare for my 2 year old niece for her car and she is really pleased with it!!

Just popped on during my lunch and Toby-boobing break! I'm feeling victorious as one big huge project is done done done and sent off! Hurrah!
Going to the cafe to write is perfect. I get so focused and really work well there.
I'm off again in a moment, as soon as this little boy is asleep.
Meanwhile...

MrsJ - I have never used anything other than condoms and fertility awareness together (ie I chart my symptoms, and as I have a very regular cycle, I can tell with a pretty decent degree of accuracy when I am fertile. We use a condom if there is the slightest doubt). It's worked for almost 12 years for us, so I've never felt the need for anything else.
However, if I were to go on hormonal contraceptives, my first choice would be the Mirena coil. I have heard really positive things about it from almost everyone who's had it and it was the one suggested to me by my maternity clinic, so it is perfectly safe for BFing, I believe.

On car seats, we did the Britax Diplomat for infant to 30? lbs, then bought the Britax frontier for Simon. That converts to a booster and is supposed to take the kidlet through to the end of car seat usage.
If we do have a third child, we will be buying three Sunshine Kids Radians, as these are the only car seats I can find that will fit three across in the Subaru Forester. It will be a lot cheaper to replace car seats than a vehicle, and I really love our Sube. I intend to resist the minivan for as long as possible, and hopefully avoid it altogether! :) The Radians are equal to Britax for safety ratings, so I feel good about that, too.

Okay, baby has been boobed to sleep.
Back to work for me! :)

Ive ordered this car seat and its being delivered during the week. I just liked the fact that we could lay it down as we do a few long distance journeys. Its very "pretty" and cheap @ the moment aswell !!

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...displayA_51_10751_-1_14569_125595_10001_14568

OMG thats gorgeous !! and how cheap !!! If i didnt need the swivel seat so much i would have brought that one now i have seen it, but then again i do have a couple of prams, maybe hubby would let me have a couple of carseats !!..lol

Kara I love the car seat you have chosen I showed it to Paul he googled it and told me to forget it :( we can't afford two of them !

Becs got to love restsil therapy !

Don't work to hard Sarah x

G.G They are expensive, i guess thats the problem with having twins..double the cost : ( i have been looking at used ones on ebay, you can buy covers for them too, I still dont know if it will fit in our car, their web site seems to thinka honda CRV is a people carrier !!!
OMG what if it doesnt fit !!!! ill have to sell the car !!! thats how much i need that car seat, if not i will have to hope paige isnt going to be a nightmare toddler like her brother..lol

Evening ladies, you lot do make me giggle. What a good bunch!

Laura, I love that carseat. I am so tempted for the gorgeous blue one, but we've still got the one Archie and Jack had upstairs, and it did them both really well, so I've got no excuse really!

Kara, I love that swivel one! A patient of ours has one, and it's fab. Does take up a fair bit of room though. Jack too was a nightmare toddler, and fastening him in to anything, carseat, buggy, highchair, was a bloody ordeal!!

We've had a pretty successful day here, got lots of cleaning done, went for a swim, walked the dogs, got all the kids' uniforms ready for tomorrow, dinner money etc.
Thankyou for all your support and thoughts about my friend. I replied to her message last night, and received a reply this morning - her Dad took his own life. I can't believe how shocked I am about it all. She said he really kept all his woes inside, and never really even talked about losing her sister in the car crash. Out of the three of them, Claire died and her mum was really badly injured, still in a coma when it was Claire's funeral, but her Dad actually walked away from the crash, and Jen thinks it's all down to guilt. It's just so awful. We were so close as teenagers, went on family holidays together, just can't believe he's gone, and the way he's gone. I've tried to be all positive today, and lavish lots of attention on the boys. Scary stuff.

Anyway, stop being morbid Claire!! Louise, your cookies are indeed fab! I bought some more ingredients to do some more cookies! Archie wants to experiment with the goodies in them too!! He keeps saying he's gonna look in the choccie goodie box to see what he thinks will go well in them! And he likes "Louise" who told mummy how to make the cookies!

The swivel idea of that car seat is greAt Kara you should get it ! Or a new car :)

Pauls gone to bed with man flu and the girls were asleep but meilly has woken up so she having cuddles with me watching dancing on ice , I love one to one time x

Oh Claire how horrid that is your poor poor friend ! I went to a funeral of a mum who had taken her own life and its very sureal !

Thanks GG, the funeral is worrying me slightly, if I'm honest! I had just about got my head around going to my friend's dad's funeral, but then it threw it all out when I found he had killed himself. I think it's not because of the idea of someone killing themself, but because it's her Dad, and I couldn't imagine him being so desperate as to do that.

Love the sound of your little "Meilly" cuddles. Must be nice being able to do that when Layla's asleep and you don't have to feel guilty. Gorgeous. Must also be gorgeous having twice the love!! x

Laura love the seat at a great price too, I cant believe eveyone is thinking about the next car seat already ! Im likely to but the pearl as I have the familyfix base, but we also want a cheaper seat for DH car especially if he ends up being a house husband for a while whilst looking for work.

As you all know im studying for my exam blah blah but i'm finding it so funny DH has had JJ for two whole days every feed nappy change etc and this evening he looks absolutly shattered, think hes starting to realise how hard work it is. I did make him bacon sandwiches this morning to show my appreciation xx I must admit its difficult from his point of view too when going to work and seeing very little of him. Everytime ive seen JJ ive been showering him with kisses or big cuddles.

BTP - Hope Rosie feels better soon xx

Claire, aww bless archie! I like him too!!! So sorry about your friends dad, truly awful, such a hard time for her x

My BLOODY thick stupid dog has just sat and eaten a whole tube of bepanthen.... including metal tube.... GRRRR!!! I thought he was chewing his toy until i heard a crunch! So not only am I worried about him having eaten the cream, but also the (very sharp) metal tube! I alwaysk new he had learning difficulties! I of course have done the right thing, and hunted out his insurance certificate to make sure it's in date, which it is! I can't do anything tonight, I will have to see how it goes, he had a full bowl of food before he ate it so hope it will help it 'come out' easier!

Louise, your dog is as bad as mine! Murphy was trying to eat a helium ballon earlier!! Fx'd it comes out!!! I can just imagine you poo checking now!!!

Ha Ha Ha.... dogs can do totally stupid things at times, shelby has only just started to not be scared of the new kitchen floor, she is such spoilt pooch she would bark to let me know she wanted a wee and i would have to pick her up from her dog bed and place her on the puppy wee pad, then put her back, she did this when she wanted a drink too... lasted 3 days i was knackered !!!

I have just brought these sock holders for paige i saw on ebay, they fit on the foot over the socks to keep them in place... Now paige kicks her legs she tries to rub her socks off and i lost both socks when i was at the market on saturday... these sock holders are going to be a godsend to me..

Jelly- im looking forward to when grant has to look after paige for a whole day, but im worried because i dont think he would get around to changing her out of her night clothes, and even if he did get around to dressing her god knows what he will dress her in. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->