September Stars

Ok so I'm so shit right now I cant stay here long.... :nope:

Boony :shock: thats awful have any been removed yet??

YM I dont think thats unreasonable at all :hugs:

If I get emotional I will freak out, we are still dicing with death :haha: and not using anything. Mostly because if we go look in the draws no doubt Rosalie will wake up. She is the best contraceptive I have to say :rofl:

Blob - no they havent been removed yet but i've been told it takes roughly 48 hours so hopefully they should be down by tonight. so i'll be awaiting a phone call from her moaning but DH wont be here as hes working late this week so hes said if she starts just put the phone down lol.

Sounds like we have lots of teething stars at the minute. Tyler is the same hes very grumpy in the evenings when they bother him most but nothing has popped through yet but i think it will be in the next few days.

Quiet in here today girls! What's going on? lol

Went to see the nursery today and I really liked it. I was all open plan and sectioned off with little fences and gates and there were separate sections for different age groups. The baby bit was 0-12 months, so that's good. There were 4 babies there when we went, 2 older ones that were up on their feet wandering about, one asleep in a cot and another sitting playing with toys with one of the staff. They had a chart on the wall with planned activities for each baby each day, so things like sticklebricks in the morning, finger painting in the afternoon, etc and each baby has its own plan based on what they like to do, which I thought was really good. Each babies own routine is kept to, so they sleep when they like, have nappies changed when necessary, have bottles when they are hungry, etc and they have lunch with all the other children in the cafe where they will blend things up for them, etc. They take photos of your baby doing activities throughout the week and make like a diary, I think they called it a 'learning journey' or something, that you can take home so you can see what they have been doing during the day, which I thought was lovely. I really liked it! It's not cheap at £32 a day but I think it's worth it as it was really nice and the staff seemed so lovely. So overall I'm impressed with it! I still feel sick at the thought of leaving her though lol One thing which I thought was good though is that they offer 2 weeks settling in sessions, where you stay with them and slowly building up to leaving her there for a whole day and they don't charge for those 2 weeks. I also rang the place where I am applying for the job to see what 3 days it is working and they said definitely friday, but the other days are flexible. The nursery has 1 vacancy for weds/thurs/fri so that would be perfect, but she said they are getting enquires all the time so it might be taken by the time I get a job. Sooo the best case scenario is that I'll get the job then Holly can go there to nursery! Getting a bit ahead of myself as I don't even have an interview yet, but I can hope! lol

xx

Ah great news Emzy, glad you liked it! I also went to see a nursery today and was pleasantly surprised they are alot more relaxed with the children compared to the first nursery I saw so it's upto the child what they want to play with. The children between the three rooms interact and all eat lunch together which I liked. Staff have worked there a minimum of six years, They have an onsite cook.

Told mum but she was very dismissive of the place saying the opening times aren't what I need. They open 8-6 which is the standard but as I need to travel on m25 I could start work at 8 if I chose to and finish early at 4. Also they don't have breakfast for Lo's until 9.30 which seems late to me? To those with other children would that mean I'd need to give JJ bottle and cereal at home before nursery as they only offer toast? The nursery is £36.50 and good value compared to the other nursery which charges £52. Seeing another nursery tomorrow afternoon and hopefully I can make a decision, I was happy until mum had her opinion I shouldn't of told her, as if I do decide to place James at the one I saw today I'm going to feel guilty.

Sorry for the ramblings I just can't decide, started to write pros and cons on paper for me to decide what's best.

Just think what you would do at home Jelly, and think if it is that much different, If you do breakfast like you said before you leave by 9.30 toast would be a welcome snack rather than 'breakfast' and really starving for!
I agree you should look about, but tbh it all sounded really nice, you have to go with a gut feeling though, how did you really feel? If your feelings before your mum put her bit in then I expect it is fine!
You can put little things in a bag to add home touches, if you want to?
I don't envy your having to decide, Sophie is 3 and we have not wanted to put her in a pre school because we are so fussy about her care! No one ever seems to do things exactly to your method! My friend is a child minder, she is brilliant, very sought after and i can see why, the children do loads with her and she has had babies from a few months til school then had their siblings!
:hugs:xx

Hi ladies, haven't read sorry, too much going on! Just wanted to let you know that he's here safe and sound, slightly more tanned and slightly thinner than when he left, and he now has hair!! Has been fab so far, apart from the fact that Lilia seems to be poorly! She has been the mardiest, grumpiest baby ever the last 2 days!! She is the same with me so it's not Wayne, think it's teeth, she's not well at all bless her and last night was up about every 30 mins with her! Very romantic!!

Hope everyone is well! Pics will be going up on FB every time I get chance!!

So happy to have him home :cloud9:

Emzy and jelly glad your getting on well with your nursery visits and jelly you know best for James it's your decision, I'm pretty sure you could double those prices for the daycares around here.

Had a quiet day today just caught up with house work.

Layla still has her cold and where she dribbles and spills milk her cheeks and chin are very red and sore I'm not sure what to put on it to help, any ideas?

Hey guys,

dont have long as i have to directly plug into the router and i have to type in a very uncomfortable way. Bloody virgin media !!

Is it true that if you pay a childminder you have to still pay when they are on half term and when they are sick and cant have your kids ?!? Im looking after my god son tomorrow as his child minder is off sick. James is 3 and is very hyper active !!! god knows how im going to entertain him tomorrow.

Blob did i read she is crawling? have you got a video !!! cant believe it, time is passing way to quickly !!!

Louise love seeing your photos, i bet you must be on cloud 9 !!!

K my backs killing me will try to catch up properly once my god son has been picked up, hoping ill have WIFI then.... xxx

Evening ladies xxx

How are we all doing??

I had a nice day visiting one of Ian's lads wifes, she is due in 6 weeks!!! I went food shopping, cooked a veg lasagne, made some oreo brownies and done housework!! Its been productive to say the least lol!! Tomorrow I am off to see my friend who I haven't seen for 2 years!! I can't wait!! She has 2 new additions since I last saw her!!!

GG - I'm not sure whats best to recommend. When JJ had a red sore neck / Chin from dribble a couple of weeks ago I tried a number of things : Sudocream, camonmile lotion, deprobase, canesten, oilatum. I found the only way to soothe his neck was to go back to the doctors and get some mild steroid cream. When I asked the doc he said to definatly NOT use camonmile lotion. I would try sudocream and if no improvement within two days take her to the docs, as I wished I had gone sooner but thought I would of been seen as a worrying nuisance mum, infact the doc told me off for not coming sooner. Does she seem as if its bothering her?

Lady K - With Nurseries I know you have to pay regardless if they are ill / holidays etc. Im assuming this would be the same with a childminder, however if it is them that is ill I'm not sure.

Louise Yay on Wayne coming home !

This evening before bed JJ turned over on his own, had to wait until DH came home to show him too. He turned over four times by him self, I felt so proud

James turns onto his side and thats as ear as he gets! Lol...it was so cute earlier he took his dummy out and had it in his hand and i said give mummy that dummy and opened my mouth and he put it straight in my mouth i nearly choked i was so suprised lol! When James has a sore neck my Hv said use talc as it needs to dry up! X

well im in work tomorrow for a few hours cooking a roast chicken dinner for 50 children and 15 staff, why did i offer!? Lol x

just popping in to say hi, hardly been on here the last6 months, hope all mummies and babies are well.... can't belive we're all reaching the 6 month mark already....where has the time gone!! Will pop in lot's more now i've found u guy's here xxx

Hey honey, hasnt time gone quick !!! I was one of the last and when i started hearing babies are getting teeth and weaning i freak out thinking they are all still newborns... think we even have a crawler !!! already !!! it only feels like yesterday we were waiting to have contractions... xx

Kara I have a small video of her crawling ( I call it that for a better word as she's moving and moving VERY fast but its more like dragging? )

Saw photos on FB louise :cry: its so gorgeous

Boony hope the photos come down and FB are totally gay about some photos coming down :dohh:

WELLL after telling you all that we were having issues with the farm bla bla!! We got told yesterday that there was a job about in oil and Robin sent his CV and lunch and by 4pm there was a reply :shock: asking him when he could fly down for an interview and when he could start work!!! OMFG!! :wacko: :wacko:

Emzy I think thats pretty reasonable, our nursery is £28 just for a morning :dohh: It is great though, also has the gate to partition it off. Max of 19 children and min 5 staff members. Its really small and they go to the park most days and are always outside :cloud9:

Rosalie is so sweet she knows her name, I go 'Rosalie come to mummy' and she crawls (drags herself) to me and puts her hands on mine :cloud9:

Can you put films up on here? How? I think you can just cannot remember how :thumbup:

Will get her to crawl tomorrow and put a film up :happydance:

The photos aren't down yet :( blob I think they have to take them down if the child is under 13 and the parents request it. Think I might email today and ask what's taking so long!

Just quickly anyone looking for sleeping bags Mothercare have got buy one get one free on some of their Snoozie selection. As they last 6-18 months I bought both togs for £24

Blob yay on the interview does that mean DH will be living away if he gets the job? Loved the pics and video of the swings last night on fb

Morning girls

How are we all today? It's been very quiet in here lately!

Blob I loved the vid of the swings as well, sooo cute!! Can't believe Rosalie crawls! Holly makes no effort to crawl at all, still pretty much hates being on her belly and sort of lies face down and cries lol She still can only roll over back to front one way, can't roll back either!

Had a right day of it yesterday, she would not sleep, I think she must have had about an hour of naps max in 10- 15 minute bursts then she would NOT go to bed last night! I think she eventually fell asleep at about 9.30 or something, she was sooo overtired. She slept til 7.45 with a couple of dummy runs, so not too bad after all. I thought I was in for a night of it!

I got all upset yesterday, it's been really bothered me about the thought of leaving Holly. We decided that if I get an interview for this HR job then I'll go for it and see how I feel, then if I get offered it I will only accept it if I really like it. I really don't like the thought of leaving her at all!! I said to Matt that I wasn't sure I liked the alternative of working every evening and weekend and never having any family time together so I felt like I couldn't win either way. I'd be upset leaving her at nursery during the week but I'd be upset not having any family time! Not only that, but with paying for nursery I'd only come out with what I would earn working just 1 day at the weekend. So we've decided, unless the job is really good, I'm just going to apply for weekend work and we'll have to accept that we will have a bit less money for a bit. And to be honest, I feel better already knowing that I don't have to leave her.

Holly's just woken up from her nap, so better go get her!

xx

The photos aren't down yet :( blob I think they have to take them down if the child is under 13 and the parents request it. Think I might email today and ask what's taking so long!

I think i missed what happened and what you wanted removed but fb are quick enough to remove breast feeding photos because THEY dont want them there but not to remove something by request! :hugs:

just popping by to say,

Yay :happydance: Louise, come on baby let Mummy and Daddy have some cuddle time!!:hugs:

Yay to the productive days, and mmmmm oreo cookies:hugs:

Have fun visiting friends, looking after 3 year olds ( i think all 3 yr old are hyper by the way!) and cooking huge dinners, which sounds like a huge task good luck!

got to go, big :hugs: all,

btp xxx

ps Rosie been mega clingy since she was poorly, i cant move without her wanting in! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->