September Stars

A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down! That is because sugar is a natural pain reliever I used to always buy the non sugar free calpol as the sugar was part of why it worked, I think they stopped doing it!

Lady k, hope Paige is feeling better and you have a few things to do, one should work! I was going to suggest the tummy rub, warm hands, baby oil and a gentle stroking motion from upper tummy hand over hand right down to top of legs, fairly flowing and even massage, (top to bottom then start back at top again) first time i tried it on Rosie she let out loads of wind followed by a big poo!!!:thumbup:

My tooth ache is back, it is sort of worse as its right on the nerve now, before it just ached!! I have appt for 4 today but if it settles i will call and just see if i can leave it and see if it settles but get in straight away if it doesn't!
I think we are all fighting fit, Rosie is up 2 hourly ish at night, which is better than 1 hourly but not quite back to the long nights i was getting.
We are doing a combination of baby led weaning and just giving her meals, I wanted her to start having more than milk, but i offer milk after food every time and she doesn't seem to be taking any less time on the boob!
I have let her help herself to some cake, she loved that but didn't actually get much in! Rusky type things she gags on, so we are on softy things and purees, she likes home made potato, carrot and cheese puree but not brocoli, i have frozen some of the carrot and mash mix!

I am waiting for nappies to arrive, am looking forward to making a start on them, will wash them all first, because being new i expect they will need that to take anything in them!
I am asking my Auntie to make me some covers, just frilly flowery pants to put over them to make them pretty, as the pretty ones were lots more!
I think i know what is what with them, I am going to see how i get on with them, and will prob try others from ebay, and if i really don't like mine compared to others i will just sell the ones i don't like to fund the reuseable addiction!
I am thinking in the summer she will just be in a nappy, and be crawling and look so cute!!:cloud9:

Louise :hugs:, my dh does very little but i would still miss him being about, your situation does make me very aware I am lucky to have him!:hugs:

I have got to much more of a stage in life where i am just so incredibly grateful and count my blessings, my babes are all happy and healthy and I have been lucky enough to do the baby thing so many times when most people only do it a few times at most.

Sorry still not caught up very well, got baby on my lap now competing for the laptop!

Back soon xxxxx:hugs:

Lady k poor Paige hope she's better today, she must be so uncomfortable and in pain :-(

GG bless Layla not being interested in moving around. James is the same quite happy just watching the world go by

BTP are you still waiting for your dentist to come back from leave ? Do you know when she's returning ? I think I would if had the filling by now I'm a wimp when it comes to toothache . Hope it feels better soon xx

Went shopping with mum this morning and bought JJ some sun hats. He's still fast asleep in his cot but hoping to take him out for a walk this afternoon in the baby carrier. If my back still kills me I'm going to buy a moby wrap for us. At 20lb not sure how much longer I'll be able to carry him anyway. Just seems ideal when the weather is so nice today.

Hi ladies

I've had to have a whizz through - too many pages to catch up properly. It seems great minds think alike as I also have 5 Tots Bots V2's. I haven't used them yet and I've had them since Christmas. I'm a little daunted but feel better having watched the demo on their website. I bought 5 using my £50 "Nappies for London" voucher but I guess one of the reasons I haven't tried yet is that I change Scarlett about 5 times a day so if the re-useables need changing that often, I only have enough for one day so would have to use disposables the next day while I wash them. I got a roll of 100 liners free with my nappies. If they are wet, can you just change the liner or does it soak through the whole thing? Sorry if that is a stupid question but I don't have a clue.

Lady K - have you checked whether your council does Nappies for London Vouchers? Some borough's do and some don't but it's worth checking.

This is the website I bought my Tots Bots V2'a from
https://www.babipur.co.uk/shop/m20/Tots_Bots/p4206/Easyfit_V2_5_Pack_+_Liners/product_info.html
I would recommend the site.

Personally having tried the eco Molitex and Bambo nappies I have re-verted back to Pampers Active Fit and we haven't had problems with them. Scarlett has never had nappy rash with them although she got a sore bum after using the re-cycled ones. I found that they don't soak much up - it just sits there against their bum and we also had leakage. I haven't tried them again since we started weaning, they might be better with hard rather than mushy breastfed poo.

I hear squealing so better go, will try and pop back later xxx

Evening ladies! I actually used a reusable today! Got to keep on doing it now then!

BTP, sorry to hear about your toothache again. Hugs. xx

GG, the walker thing made me laugh! Sam will go in his but not for too long, he moves a little in it, but more by accident than intention! I love your pic of Layla and Jake on your FB, so cute!!

Sorry, not a proper catch up really!

The big boys requested mummy's pasta sauce for tea tonight, which basically is a tomato based sauce, with carrot, courgette, celery, tuna, creme fraiche.... all blended up so there are no veggie lumps. I thought I'd whizz some up for Sam to try, with some pasta blended too, so still a bit lumpy, and he loved it! So I whizzed loads more up to freeze! Yum!

Hope everyone's okay. xx

Jelly,
I have a tooth that is holding a bridged tooth, and needs a root filling, there is lots of amalgum (the metal stuff they use in dental work)(sp!?) around the tooth and it will all need disturbing which they don't want to do while i am bf, so i am waiting to finish feeding and my dentist to come back from mat leave, in the meantime another dentist has drilled the tooth and packed it and temp covered it, antibiotics and sent me on my way! Hopefully it will be ok, as long as i know they can get me in fast i am ok!

Got to go, Rosie calls! :hugs:xx

Evening all!!

Hope loves her walker, she moves quite fast in it!!! Its weird seeing her move in it!!

We went to baby music this morning, there was only 6 of us there!! Shame really as its good!

I am knackered, Hope was up last night, she wouldn't settle so we ended up putting her in bed with us! I don't think she is 100% as she has been a bit clingy when normally she is fine, bloody teeth!!

I was looking after my friends little boy today he's 1 , as some as you may have seen the pics on Facebook ! It's great to have an older one around he shows me all the thongs that will have to move soon :)

I hope everyones okay x

He he just re read that , meant to say things ! I don't have a house full of thongs laying around :) :)

He he just re read that , meant to say things ! I don't have a house full of thongs laying around :) :)

:haha::haha:

BTP :hugs:

I'm picking James up an exersaucer tomorrow from a friend I'm really excited.... He probably will hate it ... Typical ! Tried working out his pram today as I think he would enjoy looking around now when out and about. Oh my god I need a degree in pushchairs, took me nearly an hour to set it up and what's the point of a bumper bar ?

:lol:

GG Rosalie is the same but as our whole house is huge huge slabs of tile she gets stuck in the ruts is very funny :rofl:

BTP you will like them I liked mine, I have one left it was just that I liked the newer ones more :shrug: But thats they thing you wont lose much on them if you sell them again and then you can fund more :wohoo:

I have to go to the hosp it get 4 wisdom teeth out :cry: but I just cant. But also means I cant eat anything with sugar as it hurts so bad.

Ouch Blob!! I had all 4 of mine out at once, about 11 years ago, so I would have been about 22, I think it was just before I got married. It was fine actually. But I was scared!!

Hope everyone's okay this morning? We're all up, dressed, ready for school and had breakfast, apart from Sam! He came in with us at 6.15 and had a feed, then fell back to sleep, and he's still flat out spread eagled on my bed!! He needs to be waking up, and I don't know how he's still sleeping with the amount of noise these big boys are generating!!!!

Asher dont you hate that? When I have to take Tabs somewhere and Rosalie has fallen into a really deap sleep I hate waking her :haha: Just feels all wrong to wake a sleeping baby.

Thanks hon that made me feel better... :hugs:

He's still asleep now!! We have to leave at 8.30.... so he will be lifted from bed to pram! I could get so much done if I didn't have to go out!!

You'll be fine with your teeth I'm sure. I was so much better once mine were out. No more nasty infections!

Right, I'm gonna go and lift the baby!

I have decided to join the real nappy revolution and managed to get 30 tot bots v1 for free on freecycle. Never used so brand new. Liked the idea before when Ben was little but nappies were too pricey as a one off so thought i would put an advert on freecycle. I love freecycle as have managed to get a door bouncer and a Pliko Pramette for nothing too!!!! Result! xx

Wow it's quiet here recently! I have to be quick sorry because lilia has slept all if ten minutes today, and that was this morning so I have a seriously tired crabby baby who will be in bed soon! Last night she went to bed at half 7 and woke at 8 this morning without so much as a whimper during the night! Normally I have a dummy run or two.. Yay! Oh and she was weighed today, she is 16lb 11iz at 27 weeks, so 50th centile.. She's been 50th the last 3 times she's been weighed, was 25th from birth. Smaller than I thought though! And I know the photos are deceptive, Wayne was surprised how small she was when he saw her as he thought she was a lot bigger from photos! Sorry for selfish post must run, will catch up properly later! X

Wow Blondie that is a result! :thumbup: Not even thought of free cycle but i suppose an ad doesn't hurt! I expect plenty of people get nappies and don't use them or use them a few times and don't realise they actually hold value, I can imagine people thinking who would want a second hand nappy, when they are better washed and washed again!!:thumbup:(if you don't get on with them can i have first dibs on them please!!!:winkwink:)

My nappies have arived:yipee::wohoo: I am so exited!!
I have looked at them and they are lovely, Blob does the pad go inside the nappy slot under the fluffle or on top as they have come??? Got liners in as well, and ready to go, I think i will wash them all first as they feel to nice to absorb much iykwim!
I have bought two different pink colours in fleece fabric, and some fabrics, one baby animals, one flower fairies, one pink with stars, one little flowers, with contrasting ribbons buttons, flower ruffles and a ruffle trim, i am sending it al off with a nappy to my Auntie to see what covers she can come up with! :happydance:

WARNING RANT>>>INC SWEARING!!
Bloody tooth is still in bloody agony, and bloody dentist couldn't get me in today and the bitch on the phone offered tomorrow and i have to get the car in for service and mot tomorrow, the mot is up tomorrow so it HAS to go in and it is miles away from my dentist, who said she had done her requirement of offering me an appointment within in 24 hours, i just got the emergency number and still have it til i decide what to do, I am in agony but have been for so long, I can dull it with paracetamol and cleaning the area with sensitive toothpaste, I want to see my dentist but she is away:cry: so if i can hold out i will have to ring the cow on reception back and try and get in with the replacement who packed the whole bloody tooth up in the first place, wanted to do it without a jab and kept prodding the nerve! I may be better off getting an emergency appt with someone different all together tbh, clear up the mess in there that has been made!
Ok it's safe rant over!!

Really must go, Rosie wants Mummy! :hugs:xx

BTP - glad to hear your nappies arrived. Nightmare about your tooth :hugs: feel for you as tooth pain is no fun at all
x

BTP will defo give you first dibs if I don't get on with them. I think there are siZe 1 And 2 in there but Ben will need size 2 straight away.

Blondie that's Brillant what a result !

BTP hope the pain passes soon xx

Louise lillia sounds so dinky vs my James at 19lb 8oz at 22 weeks. Picked up the exercise station thing this afternoon..... He hates it lol. Each time we've put him in it he cries, hoping once he's abit older he start to enjoy it, glad it hasn't cost us anything otherwise I'd be worried.

BTP, you poor thing! You need a break from this awful tooth stuff you've got going on! On a brighter note, so glad to hear your nappies have arrived! Yay you'll have fun with them!

Aw Jelly, you made me laugh about James and the exersaucer!! I bet he grows to love it!

All our chat about nappies has made me use all reusables today, and I quite enjoyed it too! Blob, I'm giving a dry bucket another go, and so far so good, there are no smells from it!

Well, Jack has now got THE BUG! Grrrr! Archie's not fully shot of it, and now Jack's got it! He was fine when I picked him up from nursery at lunchtime, and within a couple of hours went downhill, had a high temp and was sick. Poor lad looks so pale. We need all these sickies to be gone before Sam's christening on Sunday!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->