September Stars

For those I havent got on facebook...... My very happy daughter this morning with the giggles !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO7yFS3LPd8

Just a quickie from me - really sorry if I sound like a know it all but as of the end of last year, Grandparents do have rights of access to their Grandchildren. However, they do have to get a court order agreed to this effect, in the same way that a father does if a mother denies access. YM - your DH's Mum is wrong about having "more" rights though. Since 1st December 2003 if the father's name is on the birth certificate he has automatic right's of access. As BTP says it's better that you come to an agreement without going to court. (Both Louise and I can vouch for how expensive that can be, especially under the new Legal Aid rules) and it makes sense that his mother sees Kimi during his access times rather than as a separate arrangement. Prior to 2003 fathers only had automatic rights if they were married to the mother and had to seek a parental responsibility order to gain access if they weren't. I know this because my husband had to go through the courts to gain parental responsibility order two years ago. The other thing you should know that the paying of maintenance and rights of access are completely separate issues. For some reason some mothers seem to think that if the father doesn't pay he isn't entitled to access - this isn't the case. If you can stay civil and objective with what's best for Kimi at the forefront of your mind I highly recommend it. Both Louise and I have witnessed some pretty horrendous stuff as a result of things going bad.

Hope this helps

x

Louise lol with your bird hope he starts behaving himself. By the way there's a music school on outskirts of town that do different music classes etc (Kent music school) nit sure what the set up is but used to know couple of people who worked there might be worth contacting them. Defo on the coffee sessions

Ym - sorry to hear about you and Luke it's good that both of you still get on together regardless of extended family kicking off xx hope you and pip are keeping well xx

BTP your poor tooth hope the work on the tooth next week does the trick. Poor Rosie too she has been under the weather recently bless her xx

Laura adorable giggles xx

Firstbean Congrats how time flys !

BTP I'm totally mad on tatoos at the moment I'm planning one for my foot, behind my ear and my wrist...was going to get one on my back but I'm not sure now :lol: I'm not so big on names though so I'm getting a rose bush done and a rose for each baby I have :cloud9: the one on my foot is for my sister who died also.

Its interesting learning about how scots and english law differs.. I was a year off my LLB here in Law in Family law I LOVE it but not something I want to do now I have girlies :nope:

GG :cloud9: thats gorgeous!!

Morning everyone!
Having a quick BF with Tobe before resuming the tackling of a long list of house chores.
Feeling very spring clean-y these days, even though we've had snow all last week. It's sunny today, so I think I need to get the boys outside soon, despite the mountain of laundry, etc.
The Toblerone is pushing into new territories. I fear that I am rapidly approaching the end of the "put baby down and find him there again when you go to pick him back up" stage. :cry: He's rolling and squirming all over the place now, so I usually find him halfway across the playmat, fat little legs kicking madly - like he's trying to swim to his destination. :)
On a more horrible note, I think he might be entering the blowing raspberries stage. Cute, yes. But Simon quickly combined this activity with feeding, so that husband and I had to put on protective gear to feed him. Tobe is showing a similar enthusiasm. I am bracing myself for that first wad of cereal hitting me between the eyes. :) With Simon, this lasted for three solid months. Sigh.

Louise - glad you clarified that this was a pet bird. I thought you were outside and some mad migrant had landed on your computer. :)

Lol Sarah! I have images of you and your husband wearing ponchos whilst feeding him!

Harry is now refusing all solid food and keeps wanting a bf as he is always hungry. I am getting so fed up.

F&C - I kid you not. We had to cover ourselves with an old towel, barber chair-style, and even had an old pair of safety goggles on hand at the peak of the madness. Simon was a handful as a babe, to say the least. I should have taken pictures, but I didn't want the camera anywhere near flying mush and baby spit.

Oof. Losing my energy. Got to keep plugging away at that laundry while the boys are napping. :laundry:

Jelly Thankyou I do feel proud for carrying the girls for as long as I did and that we didn't need scbu ! I don't watch obem was it good?

Sarah you would be well qualified to invent protective clothing for parents then?

Blob I love tattoos too but am too much of a wimp to have one done, your ideas sound lovely though!

I am so tired from packing up mums house to move there's lots to do and the girls are having to be so good as I'm not doing much with them , we have Molly moo singing tomorrow and toddler group on Thursday so that will be their time !

Jelly Thankyou I do feel proud for carrying the girls for as long as I did and that we didn't need scbu ! I don't watch obem was it good?

Sarah you would be well qualified to invent protective clothing for parents then?

Blob I love tattoos too but am too much of a wimp to have one done, your ideas sound lovely though!

I am so tired from packing up mums house to move there's lots to do and the girls are having to be so good as I'm not doing much with them , we have Molly moo singing tomorrow and toddler group on Thursday so that will be their time !

Evening all!! Sorry not been posting since the Christening on Sunday! I can't seriously believe how busy we've been. I am a hater of things getting on top of me, and the last couple of days, I just haven't managed to catch up with myself at all.

The Christening went well. I find the whole ordeal really stressful though! I was worried about all the family finding the church and arriving on time, then I was worried about getting the service finished and arriving at the Golf Club, worried that the food would be okay and all the kids would play nicely and not rid me of the steep damages deposit I had to pay!!! Most of all, I worried about my Dad. He's only 60 but has a horrible back condition which gives him horrendous pain but he falls several times a day without warning and struggles to get back up. We worry on a day to day basis about him banging his head and such, but if he falls in a non-serious/risk situation, we try and ignore it and let him get up in his own sweet time. He hates fuss. So I was soooo worried that he would fall in the church or coming out of it. Also, he used to be a member at the Golf Club where we had the party, and I was worried he'd be embarrassed if he fell in front of his old chums. So, amidst all the worry, we dropped the car off at home so I could enjoy a nice glass of wine!!! Anyway, Dad only fell once, and it was right towards the end of the whole thing, and I just told everyone to leave him to sort himself out!

Sam was a little star, very tolerant of being passed around, and all the kids and adults played nicely. He was very lucky with all the wonderful pressies he received, so all in all a good day!

So for the last couple of days, I've been attempting to catch up with the housework, washing, ironing etc, as well as fitting in the school runs, meals, dog walks etc. Plus, Sam's been a bit like lots of our other stars since Sunday, very unsettled and won't be put down. Not sleeping. So not a good combination for progressing with things!!

Will try and be back tomorrow with some more chat chat chat!! xx

We're having a beautiful day of sunshine. I've got the deck door wide open and Simon is out getting himself sopping wet in the melting snow and singing happily to himself, while wee Tobe is enjoying a bare bum kick just inside the door in a big pool of sunshine.
So sweet. :cloud9:

Sarah that sounds so lovely ! You should post some pics of the garden!
I'd love to see where everyone lives mainly because I'm nosey :)

Sarah that sounds so lovely ! You should post some pics of the garden!
I'd love to see where everyone lives mainly because I'm nosey :)

Genies, I would too! I might take some pics of the (untidy) house!

Ahhhh that sounds gorgeous :cloud9: everyone knows what it looks like where I live :haha:

Evening ladies

How are you all?? Sorry I've not been about much, I feel like my head's been up my arse this last couple of weeks! I've been so bothered about finding a job etc it's been keeping me awake at night. Fishy thank you for thinking of me, I didn't get the job. They sent a letter on Saturday and confirmed what I thought. I'm disappointed as it was right on my door step but I wasn't completely sure about it anyway so hey ho. So I've spent the last few days looking everywhere for jobs, but to no avail. Either the hours are no good or they don't pay enough or whatever... hopefully something will come up soon. I'm still waiting for this application pack for the introduction to childminding to come through too. If I'm honest the whole job situation has been really really stressing me out and it's just made worse as I'm tried because I'm having trouble getting to sleep through worrying then Holly has been waking me up too...

Holly has been a bit unsettled at night recently too, just crying in her sleep several times a night and the majority of time by the time I get to her room she's back to sleep again. I don't think she actually wakes up, just randomly cries. The last few nights though have been a nightmare with her crying every half an hour or so, so every time I fell back to sleep I'd wake up again with her crying! Last night I slept in the nursery to see if that helped and it didn't. I guess it must be a stage in their development?

Anyway sorry for the rubbish catch up, but it's late so I better get to bed. I'll try and pop back tomorrow for a proper catch up :)

xx

Emzy you poor thing! I had been wondering where you were, it's so easy for people to say don't worry but it's not easy when your in that situation , we have money concerns due to lack of work bit all I keep saying is worry when there is something Proper to worry about , no use worrying about what might happen !
There's a good chance that holly is picking up how your feeling ?
Funnily enough though Amelia who has always been a good sleeper is waking up screaming but not fully waking, I thought it might be bad dreams?

Anyway I'm rambling chin up emz and lots of hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->