September Stars

Thanks everyone :flower: We had a better night last night, I slept in the nursery and she only woke up crying a couple of times. I've wondered if it's bad dreams? Or maybe you're right genies, maybe she's been picking up on how I've been feeling. I try not to let it affect her but I guess she will still pick up if I'm feeling stressed :( I've just been reading about the baby element of the tax credits being abolished as from april as well, so that's most of our tax credits going too! Great, just when we need it!!

Still, onwards and upwards, I'll find something, I need to get my positive head back on again :)

I've just booked onto the introductory childminding courses! They are on 13 and 14th April from 1-3. I need to find someone to have Holly though as I don't think a crying baby will be useful when I'm trying to listen lol I'm excited! There's quite a lot to it but it's do- able! First you attend these 2 initial sessions where you get all the info you need, then you go on an 8 week indroduction to childminding course at college (which I believe is 1 eve a week) and at the end they help you with your registration forms for ofstead. Then you get an initial visit from ofsted and they do a report and make recommendations for things you need to change, so I'm guessing things like safety equipment in the home, age appropriate toys, etc, etc. Once you have implemented the changes they visit again and provided you've done what they recommended, you are then registered and you can start working as a childminder! I can't wait.

Speaking of safety equipment, I cant remember if I mentioned before but my local children's centre told me about a scheme the council were doing where anyone on benefits got free childrens safety equipment for their home, like safety gates and fireguards and cupboard locks and stuff. I said I wasn't on benefits but they said as the scheme was coming to an end, they were accepting tax credits as benefits so I made an application. Well they rang and said that they'd taken too many applications and so I couldnt have the stuff after all and I thought oh well, never mind! Well yesterday they rang and said they had had cancellations and they need to get rid of the stuff by the end of the week when the scheme ends so the fitters are coming tomorrow to fit my stuff my stuff! So I'm getting free baby gates for stairs, fireguard, cord winders, corner cushion things for sharp edges, cupboard locks and non slip bath mat! Yay!

x

:hugs: Emzy jobs are so so stressful the childminding looks fab :thumbup:
Wow thats fab on the safety stuff yaay for saving money.

Well I dropped Robin off at the airport :( I hope this is all worth it.

Emzy - Childminding is quite expensive to get set up. You have to buy everything before they will register you. Then when you do get registed you have to pay for public liability insurance and if you go with NCMA you have to get their membership too. Then you have to buy contracts, child info forms etc (there not cheap either!). If you use NCMA for your insurance you have to use their contracts aswell otherwise your not covered if someone doesnt pay. I'd say to set up with the very minimum your looking around £20 registration fee (this might have gone up), NCMA membership and insurance - £100, NCMA paperwork - £60 for a starterpack (this might have gone up aswell). Then theres paediatric first aid course £60-£100) thats nearly £300 without including anything Ofsted want you to do to your house! Just thought i'd warn you how expensive it can be especially when you cant earn until that is all done when your already worrying about money.
Then theres a problem i discovered when i started working was obviously you work a week or month before you get paid but what if the child is young and you need a double pushchair? what if you dont have any toys for that age group?
Oh and you'll need loads of printer ink lol just setting up i went through loads! printing off policies and procedures and paperwork etc and it didnt get any better once i started either! Theres a good website to go to for advice and stuff though www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum its really useful and you dont even have to sign up to read it.

Thanks Boony. It's definitely worth thinking about how much it costs. I'm not too worried as by the time I've done the course, etc we should be sorted for money (Matt should be sorted in a new job if he gets made redundant and I SHOULD have a part time job too) so that shouldn't be a problem when I will need to pay for it. Plus the lady on the phone told me they do start up grants for childminders in my area at the moment as well to cover some of those costs, so I may be entitled to one of those. Thank you for the information, I'll have a look at that link :flower:

Blob, how long is he going for? I think I missed that?

x

Blob - I always forget you are in Scotland. I think we've talked about Law Degree's before? I have an LLB(Hons). On the subject of tattoo's, I have one on my foot, it was the quickest of my four to heal by far. I have one at the base of my spine, right shoulder and a massive one on my right thigh. The only one I don't like any more is the one on my shoulder, I'm thinking of having it covered but I don't know what to have in it's place. I'd like to have something for Scarlett so I've been thinking of a red flower or maybe a red admiral butterfly. Any ideas gratefully received. All of my tattoo's are floral, the one on my foot is a chain of flowers.

Emzy :hugs: well done you for signing up for your childminding course.

There is a total freak on "This Morning" who collect's life size "love dolls" :rofl:

No problem i never got a start up grant :( and nobody told me how much it would all cost so was a shock for me but luckily we had the money i just didnt want you to get registered and then suddenly realise you need to find more money! Hope it all goes well and doesnt take too long!

I've just looked and you currently get a grant of £200 in Lancs to cover the cost of NCMA start up pack (registered file/case, insurance & membership), Osted registration fee and doctors medical assessment fee. So I'd have to pay for the first aid course, any adjustments they want me to make and toys, buggies, etc x

Thanks Boony, it'd mad how much it costs to set it all up isn't it! I think it will be worth it in the end though. I think I might try and bag some stuff off freecycle from now on, sometimes you see people giving away toys and buggies and swings and stuff. Fortunately we will have all the safety stuff free now anyway as of tomorrow! lol x

yea i got loads from freecycle when i started. In fact i'll have a look through my stuff i might have some things i can send you.

Thats great you get all that paid for i know some people have been charged over £100 for the doctors assessment and all it is is a simple form to fill in and sign!! Its ridiculous!

That would be great Boony thanks :flower: £100 for a bit of paper?! That's mad!! lol

More stuff has happened at work but i cant mention it on here just incase they read it, but it seems i had better watch my back when i return. If i think about it before i go to sleep i end up in tears, i cant think about much else to be honest.... Im very lucky to have many people who are supporting me at work, just a shame i dont work with them.

Laura- loved the video, made me giggle.. xx

Emzy- OMG how exciting !! i think child-minding would be fantastic for you, i heard its not as easy as it used to be but worth it. amd what a touch with the baby safety stuff !! post photos when its done. x

I know i got mine for free because i used a raf doctor at the time but unfortunately doctors know you cant register without it so can charge what they like. Hope your doctor is nice!! One thing i would advise is to buy a binding machine they are only about £10 on ebay and they are great for keeping paperwork together and it looks very professional i used to do a parent pack when they signed up with me that they could keep with loads of information in and my parents loved it. I also made daily diaries so the parents could read it everyday and see what their child had been doing then they could write comments and things in just in case they didnt have alot of time to talk at drop off or collection times. The binding machine made it really easy to do most of my paperwork myself the only things i didnt do myself was the stuff i got from NCMA.

Kara - really hope things get better at work for you :hugs:

Tyler is doing really well we started putting him in his own room about a week ago and hes now sleeping through till 10am!!! Both my boys love their sleep!! Hes really started to get alot hungrier the past few weeks aswell. I'm going to move him over to the follow on milk tonight and make it up in a jug instead so its easier to add into food and make sure he still gets as much as he needs. Hes very close to crawling too he can get up onto his knees and he rocks back and forth but doesnt move yet but i remember jayden doing this for a few days and then all of a sudden he was off!

I'm booking Jaydens birthday party at sundown adventure land in the next few days i'm very excited although its not until july. cant believe he'll be 3 already!

Lady k xxx glad you have some support at work

Boony not long now before Tylers on the move!

Blob big hugs hope your ok, must be hard saying bye xx

Good morning!
Simon and I are setting up a table all about spring (chicks, nests, baby animals, flowers, etc). It's quite fun.
We have also been doing extensive reviews of "pretend" and just how far one can "pretend" to be eating play-doh before one actually is. :wacko: Simon likes to test these rules, you see, just to be really sure where the limits are.
Tobes had a gorgeous sleep, and so did I, as a result.
Not hurting quite as much from P90x today. Strange, because I busted my butt the last two days. Maybe my muscles are recovering faster? :shrug:

Emzy - I think you are dealing with the unemployment stuff very well. While I'm sure you are feeling horribly stressed, the work towards the childminding stuff is just the ticket. It's a great plan and lets you get some control back. And smart girl for tapping every resource you can think of to make it work. :thumbup:

BTP I'm totally mad on tatoos at the moment I'm planning one for my foot, behind my ear and my wrist...was going to get one on my back but I'm not sure now :lol: I'm not so big on names though so I'm getting a rose bush done and a rose for each baby I have :cloud9: the one on my foot is for my sister who died also.
!

i wanted a daisy chain with a daisy for each of my babies, would want to design it myself, like the idea of the chain in a heart shape, could never decide where to put it! xx:hugs:

:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

I have officially lost it with my MIL!!!

She has phoned social services on me, and told them I beat Kimi :shrug: and I neglect her...that the house is unliveable for a baby and that I have 'post-natal depression' and that I need parent classes.

All this started because Luke's mum come to get him Monday night...he didnt take the baby as we agreed that I would have her monday night and he would come and get her tuesday and bring her back wednesday etc etc. His mum told him that if he didnt get the baby she would ring social on me...he told her no mum...Kimi needs her mummy and I want her to stay there and told her not to ring social...

Well she did anyways!!! She then had the audacity to message my brother, telling him what she had done who then informed my mum what had happened. She then came to get me and Kimi as I was in such a state that there was no calming me down and Luke left his mums and came back to me to help me and Kimi out!

Luke has told her in no uncertain terms that she has now lost all visiting rights to Kimi and we're now waiting for her to take us to court!!

as luke said for a free phone number...that was probably the most expensive call she will ever make!!!

I am soooo livid with her right now as there was no need to do something so spiteful and horrible!!!

grrrrrr rant over!!!

Emzy - Hugs!!! Hope something works out for you x

Ymummy you poor thing! Luke does sound very sensible not joining in with his mothers crazy and dangerous games! What a horrid situation for you to be in , hopefully social services will see that there is no concern and that they are being used by a crazy jelouse mil ! Hugs love x

Ym big hugs, as GG said ss will realise it was just mil being vindictive. Glad luke is standing by you xxx

Im an idiot...... Last night my vision started to get distorted like I had a large ring of hazy flames in my eyes. After 10 minutes it just continued to get worse and was making me feel sick as it was the middle of my vision. Got DH as I was starting to worry who put me in a darkened room and wet flannel on my forehead. After a couple of minutes my vision was back to normal ....... What was wrong I hear you say ? ...... It was a flashing dimmer light in out front room .

Jelly it has to be said :dohh:

YM, at least Luke stood by you, exactly what he should do, well done Luke, boo to mil from hell though xxxx

Emzy it all sounds very exciting. I think you would make a brilliant child minder. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->