September Stars

Its a shoot with a big cake that the baby smashes up, rather messy but very cute!!

Evening all, am on quickly for tonight! Need to be in bed soon and attempt a better night's sleep! Sam's still not back to normal, so not sleeping still. Argh!!

Becs, your cake smash photos sound good! I can only imagine! Bet Hope will love it!

Hi Thaynes! Welcome to the chatty thread! Love the name Mikey! How are you enjoying being a mum?

Emzy, loving your pics on FB of Holly pulling herself up on things! Scary stuff! She still seems too small!!

Sam has just discovered he can now pull himself along commando style forwards, so nothing is safe!!! We are in the process of shifting things upwards so he can't reach!

Hopefully be able to catch up more tomorrow! need my bed! xx

Genies, I was going to ask that, but thought perhaps it was obvious and i should know!!:blush:

The stars are eating well!! I am going to get a high chair Rosie (looked at the trip trap but wow they are expensive for all the required pieces!) can use at the table to encourage her to eat what we eat, I gave her some potato letters today as the children had them and she picked at them but i think a few bits went in! :thumbup:

Welcome Thaynes and your little star! :hugs:

Busy day recreating my look! After wearing the shops out and getting trainers for ds and dh but finding nothing for myself i sent dh to the play area with Sophie and got about an hour of me shopping in!
Good old M&S in the end! got a pair of navy jeans, a pair of red cropped jeans, a white t shirt, a red white and blue cropped top to go over t, and a little bottle of edt in a lovely fresh summery smell, all that was only £52, i bought some open toed heels from Clarks for £10, a joules top for £13 and a cardigan from yumi for £15 and next time i am making a bee line for Marks! I find their stuff fits really well. I loved a jumper in henri lloyd but it was £50 on its own, so decided not!
The first clothes shop for 2 years when i got married and shopped for weekend honeymoon clothes, and that was m&s jeans too!

I have a front carrier but i find it hurts my back and i cant see anything in my path! Can anyone reccomend a back carrier and are they easier on your back? I carried Sophie to nearly a year in the front one as she was pretty diddy too but i can see Rosie wanting to be carried more, i have seen those hip wedges too, anyone got any ideas?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hippychick...1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304629176&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Well thats me for today, not a great catch up but this has taken ages one handed with baby on boob, and i keep going wrong! Back to catch up with everyones news better soon i hope, bye for now xxxxxxx:hugs:

Asher hope you manage to catch up on some lost sleep. Hows your throat now ?

:hi: Thaynes welcome to the thread

Fishy - the past two weeks JJ has really increased what he eats ........ until today tea time for the first time i've found something he doesnt like, he still opens his mouth but as soon as hes taken a spoonful he starts gagging and spitting it out. I thought he was choking but no the fruit still went down the hatch. Harry will soon want to eat more than milk, does he not open his mouth, disinterested or just doesnt eat a huge amount? Is their anything he particularly likes that you could mix with something new? are you TW or BLW?

Becs loving the idea of a cakes smash, Hope will love it :) Are you feel any better since seeing the docs a couple of weeks ago?

Right im off to do some DIY as DH is out and im trying to show that I dont need his help, one towel rail and mirror here I come :thumbup:

BTP - I've just purchased this evening a Rose & Rebellion - Blob purchased one ages ago and they look great.

This is the one I've just bought
https://www.roseandrebellion.com/page14.htm

They have a clip for the adjustable waist and a clip between the two 'rucksack' arms. The carrier is from 3 months to toddler and can be worn front or back carry.

Heres a diagram to show how you can get it on and off. Im trying front carry first but think once ive gained my confidence will move to back carry as JJ is 22lb so wont be good for my back on long journeys if always front carrying

https://www.roseandrebellion.com/page24.htm

Ive been looking and searching for a carrier for a good 6 week now as JJ has outgrown his basic one from Mothercare. However its all personal preference as to what people like and get on with.

Right im definatly off now. I feel like i've been hogging this thread today :blush:

Jelly, I keep looking at the r&r carriers, they look fab!! Thank you for asking, I am feeling much better now my dose has been upped!!!

Jelly well I obviously am biased and Love r&r :haha:

Emzy rosalie drinks herself too, it's also amazing how fast they can stand once they do it the first time.

Hi taymes :hi:

Ooooooh love cake smash :) I did tabs birthday ones too

BTP I wear rosalie on my back...pics on fb :) it's awesome

Well towel rail and mirror successfully built last night ...... Unfortunately it also included another soaking wet baby :-( Got Tesco Nappies arriving tonight so will have to try those

Hi guys, yes he takes 3 8oz bottled through the night!! He weighs 20.5lbs, he wakes up, has breakfast of porridge/weetabix with juice then wee nap, then lunch he has a mash of veg/meat etc and then bottle of milk and wee nap, then dinner he has a meal and then 2z wee yoghurts so he eats throughout! and he is a good eater, do you think i should up the milk throughout the day rather than juice?

Hey all, just popping on very quickly.
I hope all mummies and babies are well, and for those bubbas suffering, I hope they get well very soon. :flower:
I am embarrased to say thay Riley has no real structure to his day. He has 3 meals a day and a bath at about 7pm but that is about it for structure! :blush:
He is still a booby monster, but does like his food too. He is not keen on the beaker but we are still perservering.

Riley has his 2 bottom teeth that came through together about 2 weeks ago, but no more as of yet. He is so fast at crawling now and nothing in the house is safe...least of all the dogs bowls. Both here and at my parents the dogs water has been tipped upside down leading to a very wet baby and very wet floor! He is standing up at furniture too and just ten minutes ago I go into the bedroom because he is crying in his cot and he is there standing up at the end crying out at me!!! He can walk if you hold his hands as he knows to put one foot in front of the other..I am hoping he walks by 1yr so he can walk down the aisle in September. :thumbup:

BUT..no words yet. I love the bubba saying mum mum, so cute- was it Olivia?

It is quite nice here today so I am trying to get ready to leave the house but Riley is being a grumpy bum and I cannot get anything done. The walker in the bathroom it is then!

On the sleeping front, he still wakes up in the night, but after controlled crying on Sunday night (I was up every 10 mins for 2 1/2 hrs), I just pop in his dummy and he goes straight back off. He has only ever slept through 13 nights in 8 months...I am :sleep: but getting more sleep in than before.

Oh, my DS father told us yesterday that his wife is pregnant, I am slighty jealous as I am quite broody. Still no AF for me..has anyone still BF got theirs back yet? No chance of TTC without that! :dohh:

Heres wishing you all a lovely day and sorry aout the selfish post. xx

Drea - at this age I think babies should be having approx 20oz of milk a day if FF, juice won't have all the cals and nutrients that milk has. Try replacing the juice with milk for a couple of days and see if that helps ??

Teeny - wow JJ isn't even able to hold up his own weight on his legs yet let alone standing in his cot and moving - we have so much baby proofing to do in the house before then !

Yes Drea as Jelly says I would try and give him more milk throughout the day as he is still wanting alot of milk.
Well done Riley on the crawling and standing on his own.
Ollie hasnt worked out how to crawl yet he goes round in circles and does a bit of army crawling and thats about it.

Teeny - Tyler doesnt have much structure either he wakes up at various times has his breakfast straight away then we give him dinner when he gets hungry same with tea then he has his bottle and bed when he gets tired we are very much baby led!

Wow Riley is doing really well!! Tyler can sit and crawl and he can hold his own weight when we stand him up but he cant pull himself up yet but i dont think it will be long!!

To be honest we don't have set times, buy lilia has started waking at almost the same time every day which seems to automatically make it more structured! Weirdly though it doesn't matter what time she has her tea, sometimes as late as 5/5.30, she still wants bed at 6.30ish! That's definitely her bedtime!

Well done Riley with your crawling etc! I thought lilia crawled earlier, she certainly got somewhere, but I think because she can get herself back to sitting she gives up easier than is she was stranded in her front with nowhere to go!

Oh and drea I tend to agree with the others, maybe more milks during the day would help? X

Very Selfish Post but I ahve just had a phone call and have got a job interview on Monday I was getting very down as had been applying for loads of jobs and no response what so ever so am very happy. Sorry for selfish post Ladies.

Drea I agree with the others, maybe more milk in the day would help. Like Jelly said they are meant to have between 18 and 20oz milk a day, so maybe he's after a bit more during the day? It can be topped up with cheese and yoghurts and whole milk and stuff, but it's mostly meant to be from formula. Holly has 2X 8oz bottles a day, she doesn't always finish them but she has loads of milk on her cereal and lots of other dairy like cheese and yoghurts throughout the day :)

Firstbean that's fantastic well done! Good luck Monday! What's the job?

I hope you don't mind, I actually came on for a bit of a moan :( We've been to sign on today at the job centre and it was very depressing. Being spoken to like a lowlife that doesn't know how to get a job, urgh. Anyway we applied for Jobseekers allowance and then had to go and apply for housing benefit and council tax benefit. It's depressing as it's not something either of us want, we both want to work so much. I keep having to tell myself that it's not forever and this is what benefits are for, to get us over a hump. But still, it makes you feel a bit shit. I feel like I'm never going to get a job, I applied for my local Asda today (been waiting and waiting for vacancies to come up as it would be ideal to work there) and I came home to an email saying I'd been unsuccessful. Great, so I can't even work in a supermarket! Also, I've been offered a place on the childminding course at college, but I have to defer my place as a) we can't afford to pay the fees next week on enrolment and b) it starts just after my operation and apparently I'm going to be out of action for at least a fortnight so won't be able to go. Sooo that's shit as well. And to top it all off, one of my friends is having her hen night the night of my op, so I can't go over for that either and I was really looking forward to it.

Really sorry to moan, I've just had enough today. Doesn't help that my AF arrived finally and it's the heaviest ever. Having to change towels every hour! Grrr.

Ooooh firstbean that's fab :flower:

Emzy awww luv I feel rubbish for you :( you have to try and be positive though :hugs:

Emzy that really sucks. I had to apply to sign on once and I felt the same. Just remind yourself that this is why you have paid so much in tax in the past.

First bean that's great news. Good luck!

Unfortunately that job interview never happened. The agency put me forward for it but they wanted someone with more accounts experience. I have been asked whether I would consider becoming a fashion agent but I would be without cash for 6 months as it only pays once the collection is delivered. Also it would mean we couldn't move as being self employed we wouldn't be able to use my salary in the calculations. I keep getting my hopes up and the reality kicks me back down again. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->